Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Questions- Noah's Ark 3D for Super Nintendo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 2 Questions- Noah's Ark 3D for Super Nintendo

I bought Super Noahs Ark for SNES 3D and I havent had a chance to test it yet. It's a very weird cart, shaped different from any other SNES cart I've seen. It has TWO connectors, one on the bottom (like normal) and one ON TOP. Do I need to plug another SNES cart to make this thing play? Does it matter which one? Is there some lockout chip that Wisdom Tree couldn't make? This is one bizarre cart.

Also, the DP guide lists complete prices for complete Turbo Grafx 16 games. This makes sense except for the games that came in box-only with no CD case. I'll bet few people kept those boxes.

A pawn shop near me has a Bonk 3 Hucard for $20, but it's totally loose... no instructions. Is it still worth it at $20 even though it's just a card?

Thanks!

Cheers

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: 2 Questions- Noah's Ark 3D for Super Nintendo

Quote Originally Posted by fishsandwich
    I bought Super Noahs Ark for SNES 3D and I havent had a chance to test it yet. It's a very weird cart, shaped different from any other SNES cart I've seen. It has TWO connectors, one on the bottom (like normal) and one ON TOP. Do I need to plug another SNES cart to make this thing play? Does it matter which one? Is there some lockout chip that Wisdom Tree couldn't make? This is one bizarre cart.

Thanks!

Cheers

Yea you have to put in 1 of 2 carts to get this to work. Either the Snes versions of Doom or Wolfinstien 3D.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

as to your other question i'd say a bonk 3 hu-card is worth $20.. go get it nice game. a complete one goes for more like $100, so get it and enjoy.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I still find it hilariously funny that either a game based on killing Demons and venturing to Hell or a game about killing Nazi's and defeating Hitler are required to make a game based on the Bible to work.

Classic Gaming Raccoon RockyRaccoon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes. Noah Ark 3d is like an "Add-on" for Wolf3D for the SNES.. you need to have Wolf 3D for the SNES for that to work, plug it up in top.

Pretzel (Level 4) Goodwill Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster_ca_2003
    Yea you have to put in 1 of 2 carts to get this to work. Either the Snes versions of Doom or Wolfinstien 3D.
    Not really, while Super Noah's Ark 3D uses the Wolfenstien 3D engine (and it's more like a graphic hack than anything else...replace stone walls with wood, mutant Nazis with goats, and rocket launchers with an sleep-inducing, ark-chow slingshot...tah da!) it only needs an officially liscensed SNES game plugged in on top to work. And since SNA3D is the only unliscensed SNES game out there, I believe, any other game on top should work. The missionary-position cart just provides the liscensed game signal, so Wisdom Tree wouldn't have too...not very biblical of them though...

Rich
    Tomorrow's Past is Yesterday's Future Today!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwill Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster_ca_2003
    Not really, while Super Noah's Ark 3D uses the Wolfenstien 3D engine (and it's more like a graphic hack than anything else...replace stone walls with wood, mutant Nazis with goats, and rocket launchers with an sleep-inducing, ark-chow slingshot...tah da!) it only needs an officially liscensed SNES game plugged in on top to work. And since SNA3D is the only unliscensed SNES game out there, I believe, any other game on top should work. The missionary-position cart just provides the liscensed game signal, so Wisdom Tree wouldn't have too...not very biblical of them though...

Rich
    Hey, thanks! You're right... I tried it with Mortal Kombat and it worked just fine. Won't work at all without a game.

You're also right about it being a hack of sorts of Wolfenstein... I have that game, so I tried it out. Both games have the same options (just different artwork on the title screenscreens) and the same fonts and run exactly the same, though Noah's Ark is noticably uglier in that is doesn't have tapestries on the walls. I guess Wisdom Tree knew tapestries and ark and suits of armor probably weren't on the ark.

By the way... Noah is much harder than Wolfenstein... go figure! They both suck pretty much, but Wolfenstein is better. No Nazis, though.

Cheers

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

why does wolf suck?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default !

well, maybe "sucks" is a harsh word as it runs & plays pretty smoothly for a 16-bit FPS with no special FX processor like DOOM had, but it's still pretty ugly and all the Nazi and religious imagery and gore from the PC game is gone, as are the dogs. Heavily censored, but not bad from a gameplay standpoint.

Noah is pretty smelly, though. Brown walls and dull levels. Not the Wolfenstein levels, though.

Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I might have to get this game just so I can plug some demonic game into it to make it work.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: !

well, maybe "sucks" is a harsh word as it runs & plays pretty smoothly for a 16-bit FPS with no special FX processor like DOOM had, but it's still pretty ugly and all the Nazi and religious imagery and gore from the PC game is gone, as are the dogs. Heavily censored, but not bad from a gameplay standpoint.

Noah is pretty smelly, though. Brown walls and dull levels. Not the Wolfenstein levels, though.

Cheers

im gonna assume your referring to the snes remake, bc itd be pretty idiotic to say the original wolf 3d sucks, due to its age

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The SNES Wolf was a victim of Nintendo's early 90's censorship practices.

Fortunately, the GBA version didn't suffer the same fate. Ironic though. But I'm glad Nintendo lightened up... a little at least.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwill Hunter
    The missionary-position cart
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: !

[color=red]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hovoc

Cheers

im gonna assume your referring to the snes remake, bc itd be pretty idiotic to say the original wolf 3d sucks, due to its age

Reading is fundamental.

Let's try this again... time for the old cut & paste from my original post. Let's read it again together...

"well, maybe "sucks" is a harsh word as it runs & plays pretty smoothly for a 16-bit FPS with no special FX processor like DOOM had, but it's still pretty ugly and all the Nazi and religious imagery and gore from the PC game is gone as are the dogs. Heavily censored, but not bad from a gameplay standpoint."

As there is no FX chip for the PC version and the PC version contains the gore and imagery that I said was censored from the SNES version, it's safe to assume that I'm not talking about the PC version when I said that the SNES version "sucks". PM me if this still doesn't make sense. I don't see any point in my post where I indicated that Wolfenstein (or any other game) is bad because of its "age."

Thanks for the comment, though.

Noah's Ark 3D has worked with every SNES game I tried, so the original SNES Wolfenstein or SNES DOOM are not required... just any old domestic SNES cart.

Cheers

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

About the whole "requires an 'evil' game to work" thing, I always found the humor by thinking of the marketing..."oh no, johnny got doom, we better get him noah". I'm saddened that any cart works, I always hoped that it required doom or wolfenstein, as if a parent went "oh boy, a bible game for my kids", they'd have to go buy one of those horrible evil games that were censored to hell anyway. Oh well, the idea is still funny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The best Version of Doom on any console is on the N64.. They changed everything including making the enemies nicer looking.
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cryomancer
    About the whole "requires an 'evil' game to work" thing, I always found the humor by thinking of the marketing..."oh no, johnny got doom, we better get him noah". I'm saddened that any cart works, I always hoped that it required doom or wolfenstein, as if a parent went "oh boy, a bible game for my kids", they'd have to go buy one of those horrible evil games that were censored to hell anyway. Oh well, the idea is still funny.
    That WOULD have been funny! "Johnny, to play Super Noah's Ark 3-D you have to plug either DOOM or Wolfenstien in the top, but you MAY NOT PLAY EITHER ONE BY ITSELF!"

Of course, DOOM is the ultimate crusade against satanic evil and Wolfenstein is about driving back the forces of the Nazis (at least in the PC game) but it's much better to slingshot food at angry goats in a bland, ever-brown boring trip to snoozeville. By the way... you don't kill the goats... the food just puts them to sleep (as evidenced by the "Z" floating over their heads, very similar to the one that will float over the head of any gamer who plays Noah's Ark for more than 10 minutes.)

Then again, I suppose this game is aimed at younger children, so DOOM and Wolf may not be appropriate. Yet Super Noah's Ark 3-D is noticeably harder than Wolfenstein...

Those crazy Widom Tree folks! Gotta love 'em!

Cheers

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why is it harder?Do you get lost in the solid brown world or somthing?
    Support Medical Marijuana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default !

Quote Originally Posted by Emily
    Why is it harder?Do you get lost in the solid brown world or somthing?
    Well, the goats move MUCH faster than the soldiers in the SNES Wolfenstein, and there are WAY more of them. PLus, they tend to hang out near the doors as opposed to the other side of the room. They will surround you in a heartbeat.

The game is stingy with the health, too.

It's easier to get lost as there are fewer landmarks to remember (like the tapestries and coats of armor in Wolf)

Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From what I've read on the web, rumor has it that id gave their Wolfenstein 3D engine to Wisdom Tree as a means of revenge. Anyone know if this was true, or just rumor?

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.