Thread: eReader card collecting...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default eReader card collecting...

All this talk about Pokemon cards has got me thinking... Will eReader cards become really rare in the future? And if so, which ones?

I have only just begun collecting them, and am fascinated by them! I have a nice binder with a bunch of Animal Crossing ones in it, as well as a few others like Donkey Kong Etc...

Also got a few of those Pokemon eReader cards in there too for good measure!

I tell you - Card trading is confusing as hell! It took me ages to find a site which knew exactly how many Animal Crossing cards were released, and luckily I managed to download a file with a picture of every single one (Albeit one) - which is very useful I can tell you!

Now if only someone would do the same for all the other eReader cards, then that would be great!

How many of the NES classic's games did they release for the eReader?

What other cards are there that utilise the eReader?

I also want to get that Mario Party set as well!!! That'll surely be worth a mint in the future seeing as it is also playable WITHOUT the eReader and GBA!!!

Wonder if each card has a price like the Pokemon cards did?

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Moving this one to the Video Game forum.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do you consider the Pokemon E-TCG cards (Those were some of the first to be released too, I think they went through like 3+ different full series of cards. Ending with the most current, Fire and Leaf set I'm guessing unless those Team Rocket ones are too) to be E-Reader? If anything, some of those will probably become the more rare I'm guessing.

Then Those Pokemon Cards that add new content to Ruby and Saphire. Still see those some places.

Did SNKP back out of E-Reader Support for Metal Slug Advance? If they would have kept at that, I would guess with SNKP making limited numbers of major console games that they would end up becoming pretty rare too.

Wal-Mart Special Pack in for SMB 3 maybe too...

*Side Note* I think Nintendo should try the whole Connectivity thing again in the future, including an "E-Reader" type thing... Awesome Idea, and think of Connectivity with DS's touch Screen. DS's potential Wireless Connectivity would be cheap and easy on the consumer.

Currently playing in my dreams: The Brutal Balad of Fangus Klot (Xbox) Citizen Siege (Xbox 360) Hand of Odd (Xbox 360)
    -----
    R.I.P. Oddworld Inhabitants - Long Live the Independent Developer!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think they have that in mind for the DS - Either future functionability with the Revolution or GameCube.

Remember that the GBA hasn't been replaced just yet - And neither will the GameCube (They will do like Sony have done and run the Cube as a budget console alongside the Revolution)

Are SNK really only making limited numbers of their console games? I had better snap up Metal Slug for all consoles then, as well as King Of Fighters when that comes out...

Metal Slug 3 was only just released a few weeks ago (At £19.99) but is becoming near on impossible to find it anywhere in the shops - Only a handful stocking it, and those that do only having two or three copies... Glad I got it when I could - Especially if it becomes as rare as it's Neo Geo counterpart!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are SNK really only making limited numbers of their console games? I had better snap up Metal Slug for all consoles then, as well as King Of Fighters when that comes out...
    I don't know about LIMITED, but I know SNKP aren't out there to push EA numbers, Ubi numbers, or even Square numbers. SNKP is a little more reserved as how much it puts out, at least that is what I've seen. And it may just be for now until they are a common name in the more mainstreem game world.

I think they have that in mind for the DS - Either future functionability with the Revolution or GameCube.

Remember that the GBA hasn't been replaced just yet - And neither will the GameCube (They will do like Sony have done and run the Cube as a budget console alongside the Revolution)
    Yeah I figgured they would, but I mean Nintendo out of nowhere pulls e-reader support. And after Four Swords, The "Get Connected" campain disapeared. As long as they make some attempt. They'll have a clean slate by the time "Revolution" rolls in, so long as Microsoft's next console isn't a HUGE success in the year prior to its expected release.

Currently playing in my dreams: The Brutal Balad of Fangus Klot (Xbox) Citizen Siege (Xbox 360) Hand of Odd (Xbox 360)
    -----
    R.I.P. Oddworld Inhabitants - Long Live the Independent Developer!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GobopopRevisited
    Do you consider the Pokemon E-TCG cards (Those were some of the first to be released too, I think they went through like 3+ different full series of cards. Ending with the most current, Fire and Leaf set I'm guessing unless those Team Rocket ones are too) to be E-Reader? If anything, some of those will probably become the more rare I'm guessing.
    The FireRed & LeafGreen expansion did not have e-Reader dot codes and neither does EX Team Rocket. The Pokemon sets with dot codes are Expedition, Aquapolis, Skyridge, EX Ruby & Sapphire, EX Sandstorm, EX Dragon & EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua.

Did SNKP back out of E-Reader Support for Metal Slug Advance? If they would have kept at that, I would guess with SNKP making limited numbers of major console games that they would end up becoming pretty rare too.
    SNK never said anything about e-Reader support. I mentioned this way back when the e-cards were first announced and everyone assumed it meant e-Reader cards. e-cards was just the term used for the in game cards that could be acquired, just like Madden cards in the past few Madden games.

-Mike

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I beleive there were 13 NES game e-Reader packs released. I have all of those and managed to get the Air Hockey promo card which may not sound like much of an acheivment as they were giving out for free in certain stores but, considering im in the UK where there is no e-reader out here i was quite happy to get one.
    Xbox Live Tag - GunstarHeroUK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Sisko knows quite a bit about the US e-Reader cards as I believe he is trying to assemble a full US collection of them (even trying to talk me out of my e-Reader demo unit cards :P )

There is also another giveaway card, the Kirby Slider Puzzle from FoxBox... I may have some extras floating around, I'm not sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Collecting e-cards is quite hard these days. Certain series seem to be getting harder & harder to find especially the japanese cards.

The hardest cards to find for me were the mario advance 4 ones, unlike the us versions the japanese packs had totally random cards. Also for some unknown reason i could find nowhere online that had any for sale & my friend in japan had a extremely hard time tracking down a single pack. In the end i had nearly given up ever trying to get them when i saw a complete set 100 cards up on yahoo auctions. A few weeks later i managed to find the 3 coro coro comic promo cards too.

Second hardest was pikmin puzzle card-e, after using a lot of contacts i finally managed to get a full set of series 1 & 2. Luckily the cards are fixed so getting 1 of each pack gives you a full set. Promos were a bit harder to find but i managed it in the end.

Im very proud that i have full sets, the searching was a pain but worth it in the end. In years to come both japanese & us cards will be worth a lot im guessing.

How does everyone store their cards?? Seeing as i can't find a mario binder i had to use my animal forest official card binder.

My pikmin cards are kept in a binder that came free with famitsu cube magazine.

And finally heres all the pikmin card pack together (series 1 & 2)

If anyone needs checklists i have every mario card scanned & series 1 of pikmin puzzle on my homepage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow, nice collection!

RetroCollect - PAL Rarity Guides, News, Reviews, Community & Forum
    View my Retro Game Collection: Click here
    My Trade List: Click here
    My Want List: Click here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah, it's just the American ones I am after. I'm buying the odd pack here and there off of eBay, but may of the blister packs come with damaged packaging...

I'm also in the UK, but only really want cards I can get in foil packets - So no pre-owned odd cards for me thank you!!!

I have a less glamorous folder for my cards - It's a GameBoy Advance one! It's plastic though, so nice and durable!

I find the cards that do appear on eBay tend to be at least a fiver a pack... What price were they when they came out in the US? I don't really want to be buying a pack of Animal Crossing cards at random, pay a fiver (Or more), and then find out I have all the cards inside...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini-Phoenix
    Yeah, it's just the American ones I am after. I'm buying the odd pack here and there off of eBay, but may of the blister packs come with damaged packaging...

I'm also in the UK, but only really want cards I can get in foil packets - So no pre-owned odd cards for me thank you!!!

I have a less glamorous folder for my cards - It's a GameBoy Advance one! It's plastic though, so nice and durable!

I find the cards that do appear on eBay tend to be at least a fiver a pack... What price were they when they came out in the US? I don't really want to be buying a pack of Animal Crossing cards at random, pay a fiver (Or more), and then find out I have all the cards inside...
    fiver= approx. 10ish USD? I think the retail on the Animal crossing cards was like 5 USD.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

I believe there have been threads in the past that have talked about this, but the most rare American / English e-Reader cards are probably going to be:

-Rare Skyridge and Aquapolis Pokemon TCG cards (these were some of the last cards that WotC printed before handing over the reins for those to Nintendo)

-The Wal-Mart SMB3 pre-order exclusive cards (there were like 3 cards that you could only get from them)

-Perhaps some of the Animal Crossing cards (the islanders from Series 1 come to mind, as does the Nintendo Power promo)

Not sure what else...all of the NES games are currently available from Nintendo's site.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My mate is a dealer in trading cards (Pokemon and Yugioh mainly) and has a lot of Pokemon Sandstorm EX Etc cards still sealed in storage... I was wondering whether it would be worth me buying the lot off of him?

He says they retail for about £2.40 a pack though, and he does have an aweful lot of them... I think he has at least one whole shop display case full of them...

I had wondered if I did buy the lot off him - What would be the chances of getting a whole set?

I know nothing about Pokemon cards though, and would only want them for their eReader compatability...

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini-Phoenix
    I know nothing about Pokemon cards though, and would only want them for their eReader compatability...
    Sandstorm is not terribly rare yet, I don't believe, but you should buy the whole lot if it's reasonable.

The e-Reader games on the Pokemon cards are actually somewhat fun - mostly little Wario-ware type mini-games, but fun nonetheless.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?