Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want a Playstation Debug unit for 65 dollars?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

which brings up another point, why aren't these listed in the DP guide? They have the other funk PS systems listed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Why the crap are these so cheap?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icbrkr

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    Quote Originally Posted by icbrkr
    I considered buying one, but:

1) No shipping price (I did ask)

2) 2.5% "handling fee" if I use Paypal from my checking account? BS.
    That 2.5% handling fee comes out to a pretty petty $1.63.

According to someone else here this unit is under-priced at $65 to begin with. I bet it's still so even with the $1.63 added.
    It's called principle of the matter. As a paltry 1.63, the seller should take that hit, not the buyer. How would you like it if your local supermarket started charging you the Visa/Mastercard fees they get hit with if you shop there with your credit card? Furthermore, this is against Ebay's TOS.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gamegirl79
    If you look at that guys feedback he's pretty rude to people who gave him negative feedback...calling people idiots and bitches, etc.

I'll pass.
    what's so rude about that?
    people leave the negative feedback?
    in my book they deserve it...

I have had similar experience being eBay seller and have little patience with those lot... I sometimes put little phrases in the auction body and if they don't read and bitch about it's their fault... so if I sold empty box albeit mint one and the guy was pissed coz $5 mint came with empty when the full mint copy usually goes for $40+? did he seriously think I'm an idiot selling it under valued? doesn't he recall xbox box auction saga? he he

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    Why the crap are these so cheap?
    because he has an assload of em.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I considered buying one, but:

1) No shipping price (I did ask)

2) 2.5% "handling fee" if I use Paypal from my checking account? BS.
    That 2.5% handling fee comes out to a pretty petty $1.63.

According to someone else here this unit is under-priced at $65 to begin with. I bet it's still so even with the $1.63 added.
    It's called principle of the matter. As a paltry 1.63, the seller should take that hit, not the buyer. How would you like it if your local supermarket started charging you the Visa/Mastercard fees they get hit with if you shop there with your credit card? Furthermore, this is against Ebay's TOS.
    Funny, its always a buyer that thinks that the seller should absorb all expenses. Keep in mind that the ony reason people sell on ebay is to make money, not to provide prestent to others.

I guess you're too young to remember the days when you paid more for gas when you paid with a credit card then if you paid with cash. Even today some fast food restaurants charge you a service fee for using a credit card. This was discussed already in an earlier thread and I believe it was jonjandran who posted a picture of a register receipt showing the service charge.

I think it all come down to people not wanting to pay for something that they used to get for free. But change happens and sometimes its not for the better. Look at ATM machines, they used to be free to use but now there's always a service charge to use them (unless its from your own bank).

As for principle, are you saying that if you saw a Stadium Events with a $50 B.I.N. but the seller added a service charge for using Paypal you wouldn't bid?

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so is this a good deal or what?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I sell a hell of a lot of stuff to overseas bidders on ebay, and the Paypal fees are higher for the payments I get from abroad.

As for the whole charging the Paypal fees thing .. I pay ebay twice for all my auctions as it is (listing, & final value fee). I'm sure as hell not giving them another cut. My auctions no longer have Paypal as an option unless the buyer requests it and agrees to accept my terms for using the service.

I am more than happy to take payments by other means, and if bidders don't like that then they are free to bid on other items. That's what is called a free market. The exception is for international bidders, since even with the fees, Paypal is still the cheapest, easiest, quickest and most reliable way to receive money from abroad.

Vroomfunkel

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

And I feel just the other way. I never charge my buyers for my PayPal fees, I don't expect them to, and I normaly report auctions where the buyer does this as it's aganist EBays rules.

However, given this circumstance I won't say anything about it.

As someone else allready said, it's the PRINCIPLE of the matter. No wonder I sell and buy 99 percent of my stuff on Amazon instead of EBay.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went to bin one of those $35 dev machines just for the extra ram benifit and I hit bin and they were gone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icbrkr

Funny, its always a buyer that thinks that the seller should absorb all expenses. Keep in mind that the ony reason people sell on ebay is to make money, not to provide prestent to others.
    Right. This is called the customer is always right. I could care less that a person makes money, but at the same time, they should make it more convienent for me. Sorry, that's how business works.

I guess you're too young to remember the days when you paid more for gas when you paid with a credit card then if you paid with cash. Even today some fast food restaurants charge you a service fee for using a credit card. This was discussed already in an earlier thread and I believe it was jonjandran who posted a picture of a register receipt showing the service charge.
    I'm not too young but thanks for assuming so. There were very far and few places like this where I was from, and oddly enough, I passed on their services. Apparently other people did too since this is no longer common practice.

I think it all come down to people not wanting to pay for something that they used to get for free. But change happens and sometimes its not for the better. Look at ATM machines, they used to be free to use but now there's always a service charge to use them (unless its from your own bank).
    See above, I don't use them.

As for principle, are you saying that if you saw a Stadium Events with a $50 B.I.N. but the seller added a service charge for using Paypal you wouldn't bid?
    Actually, that's what I'm saying. I have no problem walking away from something due to shady sellers and I'm sure you've done the same at a flea market. Some of us have principles and don't drop them just because money is involved.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

65 isn't a bad price. They've been selling for around 100 recently. If you care about condition, I'd wait for him to sell the batch without the locks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevincure
    65 isn't a bad price. They've been selling for around 100 recently. If you care about condition, I'd wait for him to sell the batch without the locks.
    according to him they are just glued on, and he says a hair dryer and some prying will take them off. You'll probally leave a nasty spot where they once were, but maybe you could fix it with some goo gone.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

My 35.00 one doesn't have a lock.

Just missing that silly little PS logo, gotta go dig one off my many many broken PSone units.

Damn these things break so easily!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I only hope that the one I get actually works. I'm no tech wiz.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm
    My 35.00 one doesn't have a lock.

Just missing that silly little PS logo, gotta go dig one off my many many broken PSone units.

Damn these things break so easily!
    I was thinking of getting one of the 35 dollar ones, but I donno how you could transfer the PS logo thingy. It's a decal, right?