Thread: Slayer for the 3DO.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Slayer for the 3DO.

I guess not too many people liked this game. But personally I loved it. Not sure what was so appealing about it, I guess it was the fact that it can produce random dungeons everytime I play. Not only that but customize the number of levels, monsters, etc. But I guess all the dungeons start to look the same after awhile.

The only major down fall was only being able to have one charactor at a time. It sucked when I had a nice charactor built up and then my wife wanted to play, and vice versa.

Deathkeep (sequel to Slayer) was amazing! At least I thought. There's an area that I remember quite fondly. It was the FMV where those Glass Knights(?) came out of the stained glass windows.. absolutely awe inspiring. I wish I could find a video of that. I'll have to play that again soon..

Anyway I'm just bored and thought I'd share a bit about the game incase you've never played it.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

I had both games for a while when I owned a 3DO.

One of them -- and I THINK it was Deathkeep -- came with a phone card. It had some time on it so you could call a 1-900 hint line for the game. This was of course in the early 90's before the Internet and the hint numbers were how companies gave out hints. Only a few companies (like Sierra) did hint guides at the time.

Slayer bored me, to be honest. Deathkeep was at least fun enough to warrent play a few times. But I've never been a huge fan of D&D games anyway.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Yeah, I liked Slayer quite a bit too. I really enjoyed those dungeon crawl games where you'd scramble for every item you could that would keep your character alive for the next level, with everything happening randomly so there was always a chance you'd get that really "rare" item. Treasure of Tarmin on the Intellivision was an earlier version of the concept. Fatal Labyrinth on Genesis is another example. Love this stuff.

Look out!! MUSHROOM MAN!!

That final battle with the dragon is pretty memorable.

The sequel, Deathkeep SUCKED though. Don't add jumping to these games! And what was up with the ICE? You never really felt like you were in total control of your movement. It was really hard getting past certain spots in this game. In the end, I just gave up somewhere about halfway through.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah that Ice level was the first area in the game (Deathkeep). It was a bit of a pain but one of the area's that I remember to most about for some reason. I remember getting to the Dwarven City I believe it was, and getting so lost I quit playing for several years. It Wasn't till about '01 that I finally finished playing.

Dungeon Crawl games have always been one of my favorite style of games. I guess that's why I loved these two games so much.

I remember when I first saw that Mushroom man and thinking to myself "I wonder how he stays balanced with that head."