Thread: PStwo and portable PStwo screen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default PStwo and portable PStwo screen

Has Sony or another company actually announced the possibility of an LCD screen for the PStwo - Just like the PSone had?

It makes sense seeing as it's almost smaller than the PSone...

And upon inspection of the rear of the console, there seems to be two screw holes each end implying that it should have something bolted on to the back of it... But as there is no need for the network adapter, or hard drive, this would suggest they intend to release an LCD screen for it...

What do you think? Or are they there "Just in case"?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, there are already PS2 screens out, but i wouldnt have a clue weither or not they fit on a PStwo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was originally holding out on buying a PSTwo until Sony decided to release a combo package like the PSOne. After finally trying out my PSOne LCD combo and being really disappointed, I no longer care. The screen is bright, high quality, and very portable, but the inherent problems with LCD screens are unacceptable to me. It's hard to play Raiden Project with a blurry screen due to the scrolling and the resolution scaling distorts game text on my RPGs. I didn't realize how much strain the screen was on my eyes until I went back to playing on my 27" TV.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Same problem will arise as it did with the PSOne and its screen. There is no battery pack that will really be able to power this thing for any real lengths so Sony wont touch a battery pack themselves and we'd have to rely on 3rd party packs which were so so IMO.

It can have a car kit im sure, but that never made me take my PSOne and its screen anywhere even though I own the car kit and the screen.

Im sure down the line Sony could release one if they wanted to, to help keep the PSTwo spry once the PS3 starts to make some noise in a few years, but its an unnecessary extra that will have little overall effect on the system and its popularity.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I recently just got the Sony 5 inch LCD for the PSone. TRU had it on sale for $44.95. I love the thing. I know that the battery pack only lasts so long, but still, I think it's sweet!

I love the fact that I can take it with me on trips for use in the Hotel. The battery pack allows me to take it camping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well, maybe a battery pack is also planned, as there seems to be a suspicious groove in the bottom of the console too...

Maybe one of the third party developers are doing a screen or a battery pack or something...

Now I check out my old style PS2, I can see there are similar screw holes either side of the back - I am guessing these are what the PS2 screens attach to? So perhaps their inclusion on the PStwo are there for the same reason...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    The battery pack allows me to take it camping.

doesnt that kinda defeat the purpose of camping and "roughing it" in the woods??
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zing
    I was originally holding out on buying a PSTwo until Sony decided to release a combo package like the PSOne. After finally trying out my PSOne LCD combo and being really disappointed, I no longer care. The screen is bright, high quality, and very portable, but the inherent problems with LCD screens are unacceptable to me. It's hard to play Raiden Project with a blurry screen due to the scrolling and the resolution scaling distorts game text on my RPGs. I didn't realize how much strain the screen was on my eyes until I went back to playing on my 27" TV.
    I think LCD screens nowadays look a lot better than anything else out there, except for maybe DLP..maybe.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't wait for a PStwo LCD screen to come out.

That will be sweet. With the size of the console the way it is, you should be able to get a 7 inch widescreen screen on it.

Plus, it's also a portable DVD player.

The battery pack will be a difficult thing, but I'm sure that somebody will make one for it, might not last very long, but it's better than nothing.

The reason that I like these LCD screens for the various systems, is that even if I can't use a batter pack, I can take the system to my kids room, be playing a game on the PSone, while the kids play with toys. I can easily move it all around my house, I just need a power outlet.

Strawberry (Level 2) CartCollector's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

MadCats has a universal 7" widescreen TFT. You clamp it on to your console. So I'd expect it could fit on to a PSTwo. Heck, you could clamp it on to your 2600, if you feel inclined. It's not official, but if you NEED a screen, this is the way to go.
    The name's Link
    And I'm braver than brave
    I got a wooden sword from and old man in a cave

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CartCollector
    MadCats has a universal 7" widescreen TFT. You clamp it on to your console. So I'd expect it could fit on to a PSTwo. Heck, you could clamp it on to your 2600, if you feel inclined. It's not official, but if you NEED a screen, this is the way to go.

I would much rather have one that is actually designed specifically to go with the PStwo.

It has those little screws on the back of it, because Sony is going to come out with a specific screen for it.

I'm very pleased with the little lcd screen that Sony made for the PS1, it seems so natural combined with the PS1, and I'm looking for the same thing with the PStwo.

Maybe they will have a screen for it as e3.