Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturn= hard to find?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Saturn= hard to find?

I cant seem to find a Sega Saturn or any games for it in my area
    I have a Sega Saturn unit that I bought at a thriftshop for a measly 6$ but it only came with the unit and one controller.I checked if the power supply works with my DC powercord and it seams to load a music CD and powers up fine.
    So ive been searching everywhere for a whole unit and some games but there are none to be found were I live.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the area i live in never has saturn games either, i think its sort of a location thing, some places are abundant with them. I (if im lucky) find a good haul of them of around 5-7 games once a year... makes it suck for me because its one of my favorite systems :/
    BLAST AWAY AND GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Visit Minnesota sometime. Many gaming stores I visit here have Saturn games.
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Saturn= hard to find?

Quote Originally Posted by sabre2922
    I cant seem to find a Sega Saturn or any games for it in my area
    I have a Sega Saturn unit that I bought at a thriftshop for a measly 6$ but it only came with the unit and one controller.I checked if the power supply works with my DC powercord and it seams to load a music CD and powers up fine.
    So ive been searching everywhere for a whole unit and some games but there are none to be found were I live.
    Well you can try searching for yard sales or garage sales on craigslist.org in your nearest area based on the location list the site has. You can find some preety sweet deals. There probably won't be that many garage sales going on this winter, but you never know with the rise of "virutal yard sales" and in house sales. You just have to be vigilant about checking. As far as Specific places for sega asturn it's pretty much just where you go and at what time. As you know, there is always ebay
    There Can Be Only One!
    ---AWESOME TRADERS---
    maxlords, vintagegamecrazy, [-Sentinel-], Rugal, vision89, stargate, gamergary, Nick, Zmweasel

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll second the localization issue. When I lived in Minnesota I had Sega stuff coming outta my ears... not so much here in Texas. Even the local GameCrazy sent all their Sega product to other locations. The only Saturn games I've managed to come across down here is Road Rash and Sonic 3D. The only Saturn console I've seen 'round here my bro-n-law found and bought swiftly.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if all else fails, you can nab a cable from sega-parts.com. you may as well go for the s-video cable from there though, with the prices they charge.

saturn games are fairly tough to come by, whenever i come across them, i normally find a ton. you may also consider getting a mod chip to play backups, since the best games are most often the rarest games as well

Apple (Level 5) Barbarianoutkast85's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ive bought my saturn and all of my games at multimedia 1.0 in NYC (which i guess is closed down by now or going to be closing its doors soon) but ive only seen 2 stores in my area with saturn games and they were all sports games. But there is another store that ive heard has some im gonna check it out next week. And theres a game crazy about 45 minutes away from me and i hear they carry used saturn games im gonna give them a call but the other place i dont even know the name of because i forget but i know where it is. So I guess if either stores have saturn games you'll hear about it next weekend in the midweek finds probally

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It must be a location thing, because I very rarely see Sega Saturn games. One of the flea markets has around 30 of them (which have been there for years), but other than that I have never seen a single Sega Saturn game in the wild before. It's not a Sega thing though, because I see 5 times more Genesis games as I do NES.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

its like that ALMOST everywhere, most my saturn games come from off-line, flea markets, and yard sales....and thats if ure lucky
    Got it in you?
    www.anipike.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is why i felt so angry at Sony at the time, i felt they kicked Sega right out of the scene! even though i love both the Playstation and Saturn, i cant forgive Sony really...

RetroCollect - PAL Rarity Guides, News, Reviews, Community & Forum
    View my Retro Game Collection: Click here
    My Trade List: Click here
    My Want List: Click here

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i find em fairly often around here but there are often condition issues with the games. i cant stand those easily broken, cracked, scratched cases, or even worse missing manuals. places dont really know how to price em either, it varies widely. they see an NFL 97 and think that wasnt so long ago and slap a $8 price tag on it.
    NEW ENGLAND CLASSIC GAMING-NEXT TRADEMEET pretty soon... IN BOSTON

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only saturn stuff i ever see i see hundreds of. It is always the same 8-10 sports games.
    Other wise i have seen one system priced at 50 bucks and some peripherals.
    Nothing else.
    R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

http://www.rfgeneration.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RJ
    Visit Minnesota sometime. Many gaming stores I visit here have Saturn games.
    I'm from Minnesota and I've barely seen one, where in the world are you shopping?
    Mostly just play Nintendo 64. If you've got games PM me! Cart only.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I see saturn games all OVER in my area ;D. Gotten some pretty damn good ones too, including my nifty complete guardian heroes at gamecrazy for 9.99. I see saturn stuff at gamecrazy A LOT around here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

Got lots of Saturns in my local shops, and they never move. Games-wise, all anybody seems to have are sports titles , which may account for the lack of console sales. Once - and only once - did I chance on a big pile of complete non-sports Saturn titles what came in one day at a thrift. Bought `em all for $3 each (including Shining Wisdom), knowing that the local Saturn well would be dry again for a long-ass time.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i buy my saturn game's here@ dp and over @ the neogeoforum...better price then ebay ..still looking for shinningforce3
    GOOD SELLER'S: lone_monster, *BUYER"S**FantasiaWHT , The_Chosen_One, max 330 mega, DDCecil, video_game_addict, optic_85, **underexposed+ **, Querjek, buffquinn, Crush Crawfish, The Collector, pseudonym, bobdrywalls , charitycasegreg, y-bot, Captain Yashiro, ** Lady Jaye**,, buttasuperb

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hmmm, here in Spartanburg, SC...coming across complete saturn games are a bitch. They show up here and there, but nothing cheap or anything.

But damn loose Saturn systems haunt me man, I KEEP RUNNING ACROSS THEM FOR 5.00! ANd as always, I buy them, I got about 6 loose ones.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know a few locations that have tonnes of saturn games, then there's the microplay chain, which always carries a limited quantity of Saturn games, although they're almost always sports games.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I've never once come across a Saturn console (but then again, I've also never come across a pre-NES console, so maybe I don't go searching enough), and I've seen maybe 4 or 5 games tops. I also rarely come across Sega CD games, but for a little bit of perspective, I came across one place this summer than had over 20 Sega CD games but they only had ONE game for Saturn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hint: If all you see are sports games, then you missed the good stuff- someone got to it first.

I don't see much Saturn here in California- I'd like to see more. I have maybe half the collection, and I just only find a new title maybe once a month if I'm lucky.

Frankly, I think it's still sort of popular, and people aren't quite at the level of giving the stuff up. When the nextgen comes out, I suspect we'll see alot more of it, but still, it's sort of uncommon. I'm almost as happy to see unusual Saturn/SegaCD stuff as I am to see unusual 2600 stuff when I hunt. ALMOST.