Thread: Ebay Classic Gaming Blacklist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ozyr
    For what it's worth, here's who ripped me off:
    smoogjc <smoogjc@aol.com>
    FWIW, I've purchased one item (an Odyssey2 Voice manual) from smoogjc and had no problems. But I'd suggest avoiding him anyway as he usually overcharges and almost never includes photos in his auction descriptions.
    o2william's Found & Lost

The Odyssey˛ Homepage! - Visit it for Sync-Sound Action!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icbrkr

Here's another one to avoid...

Stringcheeserocks

He signed up on 11/13, and the first thing he does is use a "BuyItNow" on my Sega Master System. I put in my auction that I need a "verified" Paypal address and not only did he pay with a non-verified address, the names didn't even match. I might overlook this if he had a ton of feedback, but he has "0", so I send him this email:

Thanks for winning my auction!

However, I do have one issue - As stated in the auction details, I require a confirmed address if paying via Paypal to send this to:

Payment is expected within 10 days of auction close. Payment is accepted in the form of cash (consealed at your own risk), personal checks, money orders or Paypal. Personal checks need to wait 10 days to clear. Paypal must be a *VERIFIED ADDRESS*, will not ship to any other address. Shipping is all that is charged, no handling fees because that's just bad business. All items are sold "as is" unless otherwise noted. All items shipped via US Priority Mail unless otherwise noted or unless agreed upon by the seller before the auction ends. Items shipped within 5 days of auction end. Shipping will cost more to send outside of the US. Thanks again for looking.

If I ship to your current address without a confirmed address, I have the chance of being burned and losing both the merchandise I'm sending and the money I'm making off the auction.

Here's what can be done:

1. You get your address confirmed via Paypal. Once this is done, I'll send this out ASAP.

2. I'll send you your Paypal payment back, and you can pay via Money Order.

Please let me know how you want to move forward with this.

Thanks!

Brian

He responds back with:

Well, they wont verify my address so I guess we will have to do this by money order. Let me know when you have sent paypal money back. Where should I send the money order? How much? Thanks,
    Matt

It's odd that he didn't know how much he sent me the day before... so I give him his total and get this this morning:

I hate to do this but I've had a family emergency and I cant afford this at the time. I hope to buy it later if possible. Once again I apoligize and I hope I havent caused you too much trouble. Thanks,

Matt

Of course I proceed to leave him negative feedback, will be filing a NPB in a few days, etc, and sent him a "you suck" email. Just thought I'd let everyone know to watch out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icbrkr

Here's another one to avoid...

Stringcheeserocks

He signed up on 11/13, and the first thing he does is use a "BuyItNow" on my Sega Master System. I put in my auction that I need a "verified" Paypal address and not only did he pay with a non-verified address, the names didn't even match. I might overlook this if he had a ton of feedback, but he has "0", so I send him this email:

Thanks for winning my auction!

However, I do have one issue - As stated in the auction details, I require a confirmed address if paying via Paypal to send this to:

Payment is expected within 10 days of auction close. Payment is accepted in the form of cash (consealed at your own risk), personal checks, money orders or Paypal. Personal checks need to wait 10 days to clear. Paypal must be a *VERIFIED ADDRESS*, will not ship to any other address. Shipping is all that is charged, no handling fees because that's just bad business. All items are sold "as is" unless otherwise noted. All items shipped via US Priority Mail unless otherwise noted or unless agreed upon by the seller before the auction ends. Items shipped within 5 days of auction end. Shipping will cost more to send outside of the US. Thanks again for looking.

If I ship to your current address without a confirmed address, I have the chance of being burned and losing both the merchandise I'm sending and the money I'm making off the auction.

Here's what can be done:

1. You get your address confirmed via Paypal. Once this is done, I'll send this out ASAP.

2. I'll send you your Paypal payment back, and you can pay via Money Order.

Please let me know how you want to move forward with this.

Thanks!

Brian

He responds back with:

Well, they wont verify my address so I guess we will have to do this by money order. Let me know when you have sent paypal money back. Where should I send the money order? How much? Thanks,
    Matt

It's odd that he didn't know how much he sent me the day before... so I give him his total and get this this morning:

I hate to do this but I've had a family emergency and I cant afford this at the time. I hope to buy it later if possible. Once again I apoligize and I hope I havent caused you too much trouble. Thanks,

Matt

Of course I proceed to leave him negative feedback, will be filing a NPB in a few days, etc, and sent him a "you suck" email. Just thought I'd let everyone know to watch out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The following is a list of non-paying bidders you should all look out for:

cokigroc
    humpsandabumps
    drand63
    ariedalem

Most of them were too dumb to read the shipping terms and refused to comply.

The Drand63 was dumb enough to not even read the auction at all until it ended. He finally read it and changed his mind (it was for a defunct PS2).

On a side note, would it be possible to break this forum up into a bad seller and a seperate bad buyer topic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Non-paying bidders are rough but what about non-selling sellers???

I won this auction recently....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3057452195

Now I'll admit I've had my differences with the seller in the past but what gets me is that he relisted the auction just 8 minutes after I won it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3058845713

Then he went and banned me from bidding on his auctions, which is what he should have done originally if he didn't want me to be a potential bidder.

I also got a paypal request for payment from him a couple of days after the auction, which I paid only to promptly have it refunded with a note telling me i'm banned.

Oh well, just a heads up to everyone to beware...

John

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I have a few to nominate

Coupon happy (not couponhappy as in one word, coupon happy as in 2 words) - Sells NES games, but I bought one and it came to about 1.60 total, and he responded to no eMails or anything....after leaving negative and lots of other people leaving negatives....I finally get the game about 2 months later. with no apology or anything. what a moron.

Withtheforce - Claimed on the pictureless auction that Tempo for 32X included game, case & manual...I get it in a crappy chop & crop vhs rental case...and once I left negative feedback he gets pissed because I ruined his perfect feedback for a 1.00 item.

intermediasales - won a Star Wars 32x game from him, no shipping listed, after I won would ONLY ship for 6.00 priority. And he left me negative feedback before we were even done discussing the shipping on it!

inetdvd - pissed me off the worst...I bought Clock Tower 3 from him, it had a picture of the game complete on the auction and I get it missing the instruction manual. I question him and he points me WAAAAAY down at the very bottom of the auction in tiny print saying the game may or may not include box or manual. I get pissed, ask for 5.00 back so I can buy one from Capcom, no deal...hed give me my 30.00 back but not 5.00. jerk

Lori2640 - Won an auction from me a while back, then after numerous emails with no response I finally call, reach her, and she claims her husband did the bidding and to e-mail her details tommorow and she will get it taken care of. I type the e-mail in the morning to find out that she cancelled her e-mail account.

avspecial - a LONG time ago...about 4 years...I won a dvd box set from him pretty damn cheap, about 1/2 of the going price at the time. I request a address so I can pay him for it. He emails me back saying sorry, I didnt mean to list it so cheap, I cant sell it for that price. I leave him negative and he gets pissed off at me saying "your just trying to take advantage of the situation"...this one still haunts me to this day.

Thats all for now. I love this topic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VGKYOURMOM

wazupfoo

this person cancels bids on auctions with minutes to go and ends them early if the price isn't high enough

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    chunkycorn

caroles-collectibles

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3251848894

bought this Buzzle Bobble from her. soulda known by the "Private Auction" that this was fake. some hacked mvs cart, with a horrible inkjet made sticker on the cart, some fake serial number on the side. and the Marquee was the worst looking thing ever.(notice the great lighting in the auction)

Cart's game works, but if you just let it sit and run it reboots itself every time it hits the title screen.

Left neg, Ebay has done nothing for me or to her. continues to sell a bunch of the same she still has.
    My life and perception has changed, but my principals are the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heres another really dumb NPB for you all: cabbygirl_1

First email:

From: cocatweetycola@aol.com [mailto:cocatweetycola@aol.com]
    Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 8:49 PM
    To: ebay@hakanai.net
    Subject: Question for seller -- Item #3063866406

i am so sorry i thought you took credit card so please cancel this i deeply am sor
    My reply:

I can't cancel this because the auction is now over. If you don't have a paypal account, I can accept a Postal Money Order too.
    Her reply:
    like i said i am sorry and will not be buying the book
    My reply:
    Alright, but I will be filing a official non-paying bidder complaint with ebay. I don't wish to be out listing and selling fees because you didn't read the terms before you bid.
    Her very very stupid reply:
    thats fine ihave not done anything plus i am a seller also and there is no seller fees
    She's done nothing wrong? There are no seller fees? How dumb can you be? Naturally, I called her on it:

Rest assured there are fees, otherwise eBay wouldn't be making any money (although I doubt you're a seller because you only have 1 feedback, and it is as a buyer...)

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/ques...ller-fees.html

In addition, when you purchase an item, you enter a legally binding contract. Failure to pay is a violation of that contract.

Please review:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/quest...nted-item.html
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/non-payment.html

You will not receive any other communications from this matter on my part.

In 7 days (the soonest time possible) I will file the NPB complaint, and you will get a notice from eBay stating that you need to pay. You can ignore this if you still do not want the item.
    10 days after that, I will file the credit request, and you may receive another notice.
    She hasn't replied, but immediately changed her username, as if she could hide.

i haven't left negative feedback yet either (although I REALLY REALLY want to!).She has a rating of 1, and as soon as I get my final value fee refunded, it will be back to 0.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was bored and typed this up...thought other people might want to use it too.

http://www.hakanai.net/ebay/blockedbidders.txt

Its a text file of every bad bidder listed in this forum (though, thanks to Sylentwulf, I know have carpal tunnel synrome)

Feel free to copy and paste it into your blocked bidder list on eBay and protect yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icbrkr

Thanks for the list! I added it in.

Remember my lame NPB who claimed he had a family emergency? I received this email today (from yet another email account than his original one):

remeber me? I tried to buy a master system but had an emergency and couldnt. It has now been a month and i have not received my money back. you have had plenty of time to do so. i am very displeased with this. you have one week to return the money before appropriate action is taken. please contact me at mattomus@msn .com as soon as possible.

Matt

Oddly enough, he asks me to reply to a different email address to the one he sent it from. Funny thing is that I refused payment via Paypal, so I never got any cash at all. I sent him this email back:

I denied payment. I never received a dime. If you haven't received any money back, it's because you haven't claimed it at Paypal. You might want to get a hold of Paypal if you're having issues. Below is a copy of the transaction (which is a cut and paste from their website). When you contact them, you might want to give them the reference # below (2HY04270A9765683X).

This should be a fun week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default feedback later,etc

Quote Originally Posted by scmsx
    Unfortunately there are a lot of eBay sellers that don't left feedback after receiving payment. They wait you to give feedback first...
    This is my practice. I always leave feedback when the buyer does. It's the only protection you get as a seller. It's worked basically, as I only have one neutral so far, no negs. I'm waiting for another idiot to post something other than a positive.

Really, problems on eBay as anywhere you buy from WILL occur. Dealing with any problems is more important than payment. If the buyer OR seller won't deal with it in a reasonable fashion, someone deserves less than positive feedback. However, most of the time people can be pleased.

And for all of you complaining about shipping costs, you need to sort that out beforehand. If they don't claim 'shipping at or near cost' or give a shipping cost, you need to find it out before you bid. If you don't get a response for a shipping quote, you are bidding at your own risk. I know it's SUPER lame to gauge shipping as they try to do, but there are costs associated with shipping for all businesses, and it's just not that easy for everyone to write them off.

As well, eBay now has the shipping calculator offered. If the seller isn't using it or offering a flat rate shipping in the US, be suspicious. It's just too easy to enter shipping costs beforehand (speeds payment up afterward) not to use that feature.

Of course, I could write oodles about this, but I charge like $0.00 to $0.80 for 'handling' because I do have to buy shipping materials much of the time. And you shouldn't have to complain about a reasonable cost like that when the item is packaged well. Unfortunately that just isn't the case all the time.

ian

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Simple one:

renavsq

Bought, but never emailed or payed even after numerous warnings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Simple one:

renavsq

Bought, but never emailed or payed even after numerous warnings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

finally got teh stuff in the end ! whew !

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    chunkycorn

Removed,

we worked something out. am happy.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's my current blocked bidder list.
    All NPB's , all of them SUCK !!!
    Feel free to copy and paste it to your BB list.

md, saiyan, onedollaretc, focused, planetheaven, goton, pauley6987, falion, dcaspo, s10jer, go_pakerz, ratpick87, rabtlb57, wolflord03, kawa32683, mkathyjo, bskulldragon11, wilikkane, alexisbonsall, blackold29554, burky6977, trubl2bubl, libby_palmer, skywalker721, jpmets84, bilge-pump_bob_squarepants, wholesaleman3514, selene10, mjgregbsn1, adam_urgos, rickster_nc, grh123, recessreject, uk-bmc-86, jdakel, asia29, chrisgirl77, ikitten, intoxikated, onedollarar, emuguy_br, ragz1010, josh22okelly, blindskater101, lightlypowderedfanny, larry63701, goldberg_99, reaxan00, arami07, chadryanramback, chief1000_2(chief1@hvcs.net)

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by stonic; 01-22-2010 at 08:58 PM.
    [SIZE="4"]<< INSERT MESETA FOR SIGNATURE >>[/SIZE]

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

User :- *pgs*
    Crime :- Misleading discription of item and Unfair leaving of complaint.

Just to set the records on this so called complaint.

The item as listed in the image (http://www.halfdragon.de/zerowing/ebay/auct001.jpg) does not anywhere mention that there was damage to the case that the item arrived in. In fact the hinge on it was smashed beyond repair as the missing parts in the clear upper part and the actual blue disc tray were missing from the package when it arrived the package itself was completely sealed so it had clearly been that way when it was mailed. The Photo on the auction also shows a mint condition case which is surly misleading.

I left a neutral feedback message stating the item was not as described as this fact had not been mentioned on the auction. If it had been I'd have not left that feedback it's just I like to know what I'm buying before it arrives. Even though I bought three items and left positive feedback on the other two items, the seller only left the one feedback and had the nerve to complain that I'd left a neutral and they never even bothered to leave feedback for the other two.

The most annoying part is that they said in the complaint it was a "minor problem" and that I left a negative feedback rather than sort it out, damn cheek

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I can't post the sellers name as its been to long for me to search the item. But I had a experience. Bought a lot of 4 xbox games (blinx, frogger beyond, amped, antz extreme racing) total came to 65 with shipping. Adress was in zion, il about 5 hours away. I pay on the 28th of Dec, well about 2 weeks later I e-mail ask if the items were sent. They replied ya they were sent, no tracking or anything. So finally 30 days later I file with paypal and ebay, and miraculously 2 days later I get the games, with priority and tracking. Sheesh, how hard can it be.
    You did what? With who? For how many cookies?
    Always looking for promotional materials and classic gaming commercials in print and video form
    my feedback-http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48618