Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay Classic Gaming Blacklist

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The following deadbeat won almost $120 worth of my eBay auctions. He bid multiple times in each auction and even sniped someone on one of them in the final minutes. I emailed him immediately after the auction ended. Three days later, with no reply, I emailed him again. Nothing.

A week goes by and I notice his feedback went from 2 to 1. Needless to say, it is now at 0.

If fcastle187 bids on anything of yours, you WILL want to cancel it immediately.

Heh, I just went to get a link to his feedback and it looks like he scumbagged a couple more people, clocking in at -2. Loser.

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...rid=fcastle187[/b]
    American NES games left to beat: 3
    Last 3 NES games beaten: Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, Nobunaga's Ambition II and Gemfire
    (Updated: 7/21/10)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got a couple people to add...

Maybe you all have heard of this guy... snoopy_rulez. What a complete pain in the ass. Here's the story:

I use BIN on two of his auctions, and pay him the same day. He emails saying they will go out in 48 hours. Well, a week passes, I've receievd nothing, so I email him. I politely let him know that I was hoping to get the items before Xmas, as they were gifts. He doesn't respond to that email. I wait a couple days, email him again. He finally responds, saying that 'hmm, that's weird, they went out some time ago. If you don't receive them by Christmas, I'll refund you, and you'll still get the CDs.' Ok, peachy.

The days tick down until Christmas, and sure enough, I don't receive the items. I email him day after Xmas, he doesn't respond. I finally get the items about 3 days after Xmas, and WHAT DO YOU KNOW- they were postmarked on Christmas Eve! Thanks, douchebag!

I email him constantly after that, asking about the refund that he offered. No response. One day, a week or so later, I check his feedback profile: Not A Registered User. Apparently, I wasn't the only person he screwed around Christmas time. Well, good. Justice is served, time to move on...

Or is it? I'm going through my feedback the other day, and it looks like he's selling again. And still racking up the negative feedback, too!

Listen, I know his soundtracks might be cheap, but believe me, it's not worth the goddamn hassle. Snoopy does not rule.

Another one that is sort of iffy... demitri2k. I don't know about the rest of his products, but I won an A/V switcher off him, and it was complete trash. I mean, jesus, it cost me about 40 bucks with shipping, so I figured it would be a pretty nice piece of hardware. Not so; it's a total generic-and-cheaply-manufactured piece of refuse. I mean, it felt cheap when I got it out of the box, but the main thing is this: I hook up all my systems, start playing, and whenever there's a bright flashing effect, the signal just craps out. NICE! That's unacceptable, especially for playing videogames. Piss off, demitri; if you were gonna gouge me on shipping, the least you could do is sell me something that does what it should (which is provide a decent fucking signal).

GRARG! Ok, I'm done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Months ago an auction by "gamegeenie(76?)" came up for a SNES game I wanted. The description read something like "I ship Mon & Thurs, but you know how the post office is." which I felt was a built-in excuse for slow shipping. I won & Paypal-ed immediately, thinking/hoping I'd speed it along. After a week- 1st class mail shouldnt take that long- I asked (paraphrasing):

"Where is it?"
    "I'm sure I sent it- do you want a refund?"

Which I thought was strange- an immediate refund? I waited longer still, & after some back-&-forth email in which she did LOTS of tap-dancing/stalling, the game finally came the day I was going to "demand satisfaction"- 3 weeks later! (During this time, she got some bad FB- no doubt she was doing it to others.) Turns out she waited TEN DAYS from auction close to mail it- & the PO took THAT long again to deliver it! My beef was w/ her though- she skipped 3 "shipping days" (2 Mondays & a Thurs) for whatever reason & never said so. I could've waited half as long! I guess blaming the USPS was easier for her to do, which I took offense to- being an employee there, but I never said so...if "gamegeenie76" ever pops up again, I'll pass.
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After some checking it seems she changed her ID at least 5 times, was most recently "thegamegeenies" & has been suspended, no longer a registered user! Got 20 negs in the past 6 months, 30 negs the past year. Most of them shared my problem- S-L-O-W shipping, 2 months in some cases, & she responded to some negs calling the buyer(s) "impatient", "weird" & "delusional".

Whew- glad that's over!
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I felt burnt after receiving the NES game Gyromite. The reason I bought it was because of the Famicom adapter that is included inside (I'm sure you know the story), but when I received it it was obvious that it had been opened before (scratch marks where the screws are) and of course the piece was missing inside. Last time I buy from tinycorkscrew

Anyways, I bought another copy and hopefully this will have what I need.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not 100% sure of this, but I think not every Gyromite has the adapter inside.
    Last 3 NES games beaten: Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, Nobunaga's Ambition II and Gemfire

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adaml
    I'm not 100% sure of this, but I think not every Gyromite has the adapter inside.
    He's correct, not every Gyromite has an adapter inside. Actually there is no way possible to remove it out of the game and still have the game work. It's actually a lot easier to find one without the adapter than with the adapter. So you didnt get "burned", you got exactly what you paid for but your lack of knowledge of Gyromite famicom adapters cost you.

Plus this game is .99 at every Gamestop...how much did you pay for it on eBay?

I'd like to add mjentertainment for selling a lot of Saved By The Bell, Anna Nicole Show & Will & Grace DVD sets cheap and then cancelling all orders because they "aren't in stock". A lot of DPers bought them here thanks to me linking his auctions and we all got burned. Sorry guys, at least we got refunds!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The enlightenment has hit me on the head like an anvil. I acted under the impression all Gyromite games had the adapter (obviously), only to discover the cold dark truth. Luckily I figured the low cost of the game $2 wasn't worth any hassle with the seller so there was no neg. feedback involved.

Since there's at least a 50% chance I wasn't screwed over by tinycorkscrew, I'll take him off my naughty list. Too bad I went ahead and bought another one off eBay a week ago or so. Sigh...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Ebay Classic Gaming Blacklist

Quote Originally Posted by omnedon
    Well, i didn't see one, so I'll start it. If you guys have other plans, lock this.

I think this thread should be used for us to list sellers or buyers we as a Classic Gaming community have had significant issues with. Ebay name, and why we want them blacklisted.

My nomination is a seller named rypolly . They sell a number of things, but I've seen them move multiple ColecoVisions, and Atari 2600's. I am certain that he is not a gamer, but an Ebay enthusiast who has figured out that old games = money.

I noticed off the bat in an Atari auction that rypolly was local for me. I emailed and asked if local pickup was possible, and he said yes. Lost that auction, but noticed a ColecoVision they were also auctioning. I won that one a few days later. I ask about local pickup...and he says No, shipping only. I e-mail him a copy of his e-mail saying that he would do local pickup, and he still says no way. So I pay shipping, and mail him a MO as he won't take paypal. Since I was annoyed, I looked at a few of his other auctions, and noticed something unpleasant. All of his gaming systems were listed as "tested" ... except for the CV I won. It was "untested", and the only one of four listed systems that wasn't. Oh oh. I was new then and had missed that. Oh oh.

The CV comes. Poorly packed in a thin box. With the auction items, a broken Ratshack computer joystick, and old RCA VCR remote, and some plastic dinosaurs (those last 3 things not in the auction or pictured). I notice that he had not left me feedback after recieving payment. I emailed him asking about my feedback only. He then left me positive feedback, only after I persisted. The next day, I complain to him about the poor shipping, the broken bits of unlisted crap in the box, the communication mixup, and the fact that this untested CV did not work AT ALL, and it cost me more than I thought it would to get, due to his unreasonable payment and shipping stipulations. rypolly says, " I gave you a good feedback, you owe me one."
    >

I told him he would get at best a Neutral from me, if he did not refund me my shipping costs. I ate the "non working" part because he did claim untested. FUNNY..but he had time to test 4 other old systems!! I guess the ONE he did not test just HAPPENED to be non working. yeah, right. After much whining and complaining, he refunded me (via paypal > i had to snail mail him a MO!! > ) my shipping, and I left him an neutral sounding positive.

To this day, I feel like I sold him a feedback he did not deserve. He has negatives now (3 out of 40 some) but he had no negatives then.

RYPOLLY

Ebay opportunist, and cagey seller. In my opinion. Still sells old systems.
    What exactly is your reason for blackballing this seller? He gave you a full refund, these are not retail stores so the squeaky weel gets the grease...

I was a little surprised to read about the guy in this thread who received bootlegs in the mail and still left a neutral fb???

Here are my worst experiences:

usa_wendy

She sold me a complete nobunaga's ambition with manual/map for $9 shipped... not a bad deal but here was my gripe; she listed $4 first class shipping in the auction, then sent it via media mail for $1.51. I emailed her about it and asked if she would give a refund for $2.50 over the discrepency. I waited a couple of weeks then left neutral f/b. She has loads of neutral and negative fb beacause of this type of nonsense. Actually I was pretty lucky because at least my game works and is complete.

The kicker is that she blames everyone else: if someone buys a badly scratched game that she listed as "mint" then they leave a neg bc she wont give a refund on the broken game, and she says that the buyer is an idiot and a scourge to ebay... She has to be the dumbest seller on ebay. She must know that all the negs and neutrals are hurting her sales?

pinapple69 sold be bootleg soundtracks at full price. I figured that at those prices($55 shipped for FF6 ost and FF tactics ost) that they must be legit... Ah nope. Sonmay and everanime respectively. I dont mind the retaliation f/b and actually I am pretty proud that a bootlegger thinks I am an idiot and that I "dont understand the music industry in asia"... Heh.
    It is pitch black. If you continue you are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've looked at over 100 different Gyromite carts and only found 1 with the adapter.
    It's easy to tell in the wild. The cart weighs twice what a normal cart weighs.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonjandran
    I've looked at over 100 different Gyromite carts and only found 1 with the adapter.
    And weighs about half as much as a cart that is 4x the weight of a normal cart.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default aberfitchguy2003

Deadbeat bidder. But what has pissed me off even more is that he has lied to me, schmoozed to me, and tried to persuade me not to leave feedback for him.

Here's the scenario. He wins my auction. He procrastinates. He lays low. He stops responding. Eventually I file NPB, and suddenly he re-appears with a schmoozy email saying how he can't buy my item but he will leave me good feedback, and I don't have to leave him any.

A quick check on his bidding activity reveals that he has been buying up stuff left right and centre since my auction - but still maintains that he is "unable" to pay for my game.

Block him now! That's aberfitchguy2003

Deadbeat bidder, liar and all round tosspot.

Vroomfunkel

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok I bidded on this item, i think there were other's who had bidded...then all of a sudden the seller cancels the auction...

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...=off&fromasq=1

don't want to put him on the list, but wanna know if he's a legite seller? I think he has like a 98% rating with 5 negatives and 1 nuetral...I'm a newbie on ebay, started about a month ago...so this thread has been really useful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonjandran
    And weighs about half as much as a cart that is 4x the weight of a normal cart.
    If it says "Rev-A" on the back it will not have the adapter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sisko

If it says "Rev-A" on the back it will not have the adapter
    It also has to be the cart with the smooth top (no notches). And it has the 5 flathead screws and not the 3 security screws.

But even with all of that I'm still battin 1 out of 100.

I'd say odds are you won't find one randomly in an auction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It also has to be the cart with the smooth top (no notches). And it has the 5 flathead screws and not the 3 security screws.

But even with all of that I'm still battin 1 out of 100.

Absolutely, as the two I've purchased off of eBay are exactly as you described. Neither had the damn adapter.

Thanks all. I have been schooled. After all that shit I actually found two adapters along with some pirate carts at the flea-market for cheap. Go figure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baby_bytes
    ok I bidded on this item, i think there were other's who had bidded...then all of a sudden the seller cancels the auction...

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...=off&fromasq=1

don't want to put him on the list, but wanna know if he's a legite seller? I think he has like a 98% rating with 5 negatives and 1 nuetral...I'm a newbie on ebay, started about a month ago...so this thread has been really useful
    From his feedback, it sounds like he's pulled this stunt before. There's another feedback left that says a person won the auction 1st, but then the guy wouldn't/didn't sell the item. Doesn't sound legit to me.

And I don't get sellers who won't leave feedback until after the buyer does. I'm sorry, but once the buyer pays promptly, then you should be leaving feedback. THAT is the part of the transaction your feedback should be based on, NOT what kind of feedback they give you. If you do your job correctly, are up-front and honest, and sell good merchandise (or accurately describe things in less than perfect condition), then you'd get the good feedback you deserve. It seems pretty shady to do it the other way around.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default next

Further to my previous post ...

Mr aberfitchguy2003 has now changed his user id ... and currently goes by the highly original title of

aberfitchguy2004

And uses the email address aberfitchguy2005@yahoo.com

And has had the cheek to try to bid on the auction I re-listed after he refused to pay for it!

Vroomfunkel

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi mr_nihilism!

You should have just let me know you were looking for a copy of Gyromite with the converter inside. I would have been happy to check for you, and I don't charge a higher price for cartridges with the converter inside.

If your cart looked like it had been opened, I do open cartridges to clean the contacts when necessary.

Anyway, in my experience, Excitebike is the cartridge that most often has the converter inside. Most copies of Gyromite that I've come across don't have the converter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Add this guy :

mariconcorde

He bought a lot of Dreamcast games from me. Got them for dirt cheap too. He sent a money order and bugged me every day until I got it.

Then he left me a negative saying " Some games were scratched, smudged, missing manuals and 1 game didn't even work. "

Didn't contact me first or e-mail me or anything.

As can be seen from the auction all manuals were included. All games were tested and worked. And any scratches were minor . And I said the games were in good condition , not mint or like new.

Jerks like this deserve an A$$ whoopin ' !!!!!!!!!

Auction link : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3082919629