Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Classic Gaming Blacklist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So he actually lurked the forum and took the picture from one of your posts here? Am I reading this right?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    So he actually lurked the forum and took the picture from one of your posts here? Am I reading this right?
    More likely that he did a Google image search for the product and used the best one he found. orangest's image is the third result.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Non-Paying Buyers

Quote Originally Posted by VertigoProcess View Post
    Does this person have any feed back? Cuz I get buys all the time with 0-2 feed back that hit my BINs and never pay. I've always figured it was a seller that made a fake buyer account just to take down the competition of their own items...
    The simple fix is to require immediate payment. The item stays listed until they pay for it.
    Zero non-paying buyers for 5 years.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whats sad about ALL of the info in this thread is that eBay has made ALL buyers 100% good. You can't leave Neg or Neutral feedback on them. If you need to say something bad, it has to be a positive, or you just don't leave feedback at all. This is not representing fairness to the sellers. eBay wants sellers to leave feedback and states Leaving honest comments gives members a good idea of what to expect when dealing with other members. But it doesn't, In essence eBay is HIDING the truth about their buyers to their sellers. Sellers whom they don't care about.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Space Fury View Post
    Whats sad about ALL of the info in this thread is that eBay has made ALL buyers 100% good. You can't leave Neg or Neutral feedback on them. If you need to say something bad, it has to be a positive, or you just don't leave feedback at all. This is not representing fairness to the sellers. eBay wants sellers to leave feedback and states Leaving honest comments gives members a good idea of what to expect when dealing with other members. But it doesn't, In essence eBay is HIDING the truth about their buyers to their sellers. Sellers whom they don't care about.
    That is why Ebay is my last resort, the last straw was when they put in the newbie hold. I've been a member for 9 years! Not a single complaint, a 64 feedback score, but because I only have 14 seller feedback I still have 11 more noob holds before I become a "respectable member of the community" for whatever that's worth since the hold is more about pay'bay's micro-investments that anything else. If 9 years isn't good enough, what is. I have only had 2 problem buyers that actually had any interest in my items, one lived on a continent that I don't ship to, the other had an issue with UPS, not me. Neither went beyond an email or 2.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sadly I think nds_demo needs to be on the list, you can read the whole 3 week+ drama here. http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...-he-handled-it

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

That's pretty shitty.

I can add a name to this list: nanaspaige1

She purchased this (http://www.ebay.com/itm/230806740195) from my store. Sent me a scathing message because it didn't include a battery cover, which is clearly pointed out in my listing. I offered her a refund minus shipping fees and the 10% restocking fee I charge for working returns. She sent me another scathing message and I decided it was best to let it go. Of course, she leaves a negative.

Ah, the hilarity of doing business on eBay these days. Buyer doesn't read the listing and it's your fault.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Go ahead and add " kadboston"' to the list. This is by far the strangest feedback I have ever received.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

asgoodasdead08. Non paying bidder. Set their feedback to private too, so I imagine they wasted others time also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate the idea of nominating someone for this list, but I'd like to add the buyer misfit-toys-and-games. I sold 25 items last week - 6 of them to this buyer. All of the items that I sent were very well received, except for 5 of the items I sent to this one person. In each case, they complained about a particular issue (ripped map, adhesive on box), which I try to fully document in the description and by using very hi-res (14MP) photos. However, the part that pisses me off is that he or she has attempted to extort partial refunds for these items in exchange for not leaving negative feedback. I did this for one item (as no threat of extortion was made for the first item I sent), but this time around I've just told the buyer to send the other 4 items back. I can report this to eBay and block the buyer from bidding on my auctions, but it's still a douche move.

Of course, this buyer has 100% positive feedback. Alas, it's hard to know what's going on when you can't leave a buyer feedback...

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damaniel View Post
    I hate the idea of nominating someone for this list, but I'd like to add the buyer misfit-toys-and-games. I sold 25 items last week - 6 of them to this buyer. All of the items that I sent were very well received, except for 5 of the items I sent to this one person. In each case, they complained about a particular issue (ripped map, adhesive on box), which I try to fully document in the description and by using very hi-res (14MP) photos. However, the part that pisses me off is that he or she has attempted to extort partial refunds for these items in exchange for not leaving negative feedback. I did this for one item (as no threat of extortion was made for the first item I sent), but this time around I've just told the buyer to send the other 4 items back. I can report this to eBay and block the buyer from bidding on my auctions, but it's still a douche move.

Of course, this buyer has 100% positive feedback. Alas, it's hard to know what's going on when you can't leave a buyer feedback...
    Actually I just had a problem with an item I bought from him. I had to send it back because he was completely deceptive in his description despite my multiple e-mails to him asking for details. He also claims to be a former Atari employee for 15 years but has been selling a lot of Video 61 manufactured prototypes and other shady stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Add this guy to your list: jeromehancock009

He commits to buy a GBA Action Replay from me. I send an invoice shortly after finding-out and wait. Nothing happens the next day, day after that, nor the next. I send a message asking when he intends to pay or if he's changed his mind and doesn't want the item. No response! I file a claim, four days pass, nothing. This happened the second week of July.

Watch out!
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

clayton5812. Won a Nes system lot, then a couple hours after winning messages me to let me know he wont be paying because he has to buy his sister in law a plane ticket so she can visit.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the_remixed_machine

This guy can be added to the list as well. This guy wins one of my auctions (which I ask they pay within 5 days) messages me on the 5th day saying sorry, and he will pay later in the day, and of course it did not happen. So on the seventh day I contact him, and ask him if he could pay soon. He sends me a message back stating he would like to cancel the transaction, and that he has bought my item six times before for cheaper. what the hell I did not tell him to bid on it. My auction started at .99 cents it is not like he clicked a BIN or something. Anyway I opened a case against him for non payment. A few hours later he pays, and sends me a message that he paid, and will leave me negative feedback. WTF. So I copy and paste his message to Ebay under feedback extortion. I understand it is not extortion, but they have no other option to use. I so hope this ass wipe can't leave me a neg.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisballer View Post
    the_remixed_machine

This guy can be added to the list as well. This guy wins one of my auctions (which I ask they pay within 5 days) messages me on the 5th day saying sorry, and he will pay later in the day, and of course it did not happen. So on the seventh day I contact him, and ask him if he could pay soon. He sends me a message back stating he would like to cancel the transaction, and that he has bought my item six times before for cheaper. what the hell I did not tell him to bid on it. My auction started at .99 cents it is not like he clicked a BIN or something. Anyway I opened a case against him for non payment. A few hours later he pays, and sends me a message that he paid, and will leave me negative feedback. WTF. So I copy and paste his message to Ebay under feedback extortion. I understand it is not extortion, but they have no other option to use. I so hope this ass wipe can't leave me a neg.
    eBay can't prevent him from leaving a negative. But, if you get in touch with an eBay agent (possibly through the chat) or someone (I see something about calling customer support and asking to be directed to the "feedback" department) after the negative is left and explain everything, they will hopefully remove it for you. The agent should be able to see that you got that message, and that the buyer is leaving negative feedback out of spite. Also: Who needs 7 Sega Nomads? O_o
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    eBay can't prevent him from leaving a negative. But, if you get in touch with an eBay agent (possibly through the chat) or someone (I see something about calling customer support and asking to be directed to the "feedback" department) after the negative is left and explain everything, they will hopefully remove it for you. The agent should be able to see that you got that message, and that the buyer is leaving negative feedback out of spite. Also: Who needs 7 Sega Nomads? O_o
    This guy is nuts, and is continuing to send me messages. Now he is saying that no matter what happens he is leaving a negative, and going to return it. I am going to try and contact Ebay today. I don't know what to do honestly. Is this crazy dude gonna ruin my Nomad and then send it back?

EDIT:
    For anyone who reads this, and is interested I just got off the phone with Ebay, and they were helpful somewhat. They told me to ignore this guy, and send the item. They said that if he tries anything they will take care of it, because after looking through the messages there is clear evidence of feedback extortion. So basically if he starts a claim against me or gives me negative feedback to get in contact with Ebay, and there is already enough evidence to overturn anything that will come negative my way. However, I wonder if this douche canoe can jack up my item, and send it back. Either way it is a headache.
    Last edited by chrisballer; 08-20-2012 at 08:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

ajs1101

Just another fucking bum. Wins an auction that costs $4 with free shipping. No messages, no payment, nothing. Waste of time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, I have dealt with hundreds of people since I began collecting video games in the early Nineties. 99 % of them are absolutely recommended, nice individuals. But a few are not. Here is my list of bad traders. Of course I will remove any bad trader here instantly as soon as the case is solved.

JAN WIREN aka JAWA, Finland, last known email address wirenj@arcada.fi

He was a regular at #rgvc in the late 90s and early 00s. I “sold” a lot of stuff to him then, mainly Atari 2600 and Jaguar. Promised payment a dozen times and more, but most of the stuff is still unpaid, total unpaid amount: US$ 179,–

BRETT CRICK, Australia, eBay IDs “slidders” and “junkascheapaschips” and "retrogamesunlimited", last known email address bsj3@bigpond.com

I bought a Dick Smith Wizard lot on ebay from him end of 2003 or so, his ebay ID was “slidders”. Sent him payment via mail as he didn't have a PayPal account. He confirmed receipt of payment, he says that he shipped the parcel, but it never showed up on my side. Sent him several email, first he replied and said he would claim on his post office, but since then he never replied. I never got the parcel nor my money back. Loss for me: EUR 88,33.

In late December 2007 I bought a big Dick Smith Wizzard lot on ebay from a seller with the ID “junkascheapaschips”. I paid via PayPal, the name “Brett Crick” sounded familiar with me, but noticed too late that this was the seller that ripped me off a few years earlier. Unfortunately I had him ship the parcel via sea mail, as the air mail shipping fees were very high. Sea shipping can take up to 2 – 3 months from Australie to Europe, so I had no chance to put a claim on PayPal, it was too late. He promised several times to claim on his post office, but nothing happened. Total price including shipping was AU$ 345.52. In August 2008 he refunded me AU$ 50 to show “good will”, but since then nothing happened. Loss for me: AU$ 295.52, that is apprx. 190 Euro.

So total loss for me with this guy: almost 280 Euro!

Note: NEVER let your parcel be shipped via sea mail from Australia!!

Update: He changed his ebay user name to "retrogamesunlimited" now.

SYLVIE GRAPPIN, 39 Rue de l'Europe, Molesme, Bourgogne 21330, France, eBay ID “charmotte21″, last known email address: lacharmotte21@yahoo.fr

I bought a rare Creativision clone console from her on ebay in May 2008. Paid 265 Euro including shipping via bank transfer, but the parcel never showed up. Absolutely no help from her side. I opened a case on ebay, but she only tried to delay things, promised several times that she would claim on the post office, but again, nothing happened. Total amount lost. In the meantime I heard from another ebay buyer who didn't receive his item from her, he contacted Interpol, let's see what happens …

FERNANDO (& ANA) ROSS, Caracas, Miranda 1080, Venezuela, eBay ID "buysellven", last known email address: fdoross@gmail.com

I bought more than 40 games from him, complete in boxes, mainly for Atari 400/800/XL/XE. He said he shipped the games in two parcels. One of them did not show up at all. Not sure if it got lost on the post way or if he never shipped it. The second parcel arrived after three and a half months(!!!), but in a terrible condition, because the box was too flimsy. Many of the games in this box were damaged, some of the boxes completely destroyed.

First he didn't respond to emails. Then he responded and offered refund if I send the damaged games back. I sent him a list of the damaged games and asked for an address to send them back. Since then he didn't respond to about 10 emails I wrote.

Total loss for me: more than US$ 400, making it the highest loss I ever had in 20 years of video game collecting.

I think that in the meantime Fernando Ross doesn't sell on ebay anymore. His feedback rating is private, which also tells a lot.

Update 01-Oct-2012: It seems that more people got ripped off by Fernando Ross. Some other aggrieved person told us that Fernando Ross' active eBay ID is probably "miferpa01". A previous eBay ID was "sftca". Be careful.
    Last edited by ccc---; 10-01-2012 at 04:09 AM.
    Visit the Classic Consoles Center: www.classic-consoles-center.at
    Huge European trade list!

Das taugt mir!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stay away from this guy. He is deceptive and sells bootleg Rom discs for absurd prices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Block member: sfrison902

He bought a shadows of the empire box for the n64 from me, and when the tracking did not update until the three day mark he left negative feedback saying I didn't ship it the day it says I did (this was thanksgiving weekend btw).

He's opened a case even though the tracking says it's on it's way. Avoid avoid avoid.