Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay Classic Gaming Blacklist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ebay Classic Gaming Blacklist

Well, i didn't see one, so I'll start it. If you guys have other plans, lock this.

I think this thread should be used for us to list sellers or buyers we as a Classic Gaming community have had significant issues with. Ebay name, and why we want them blacklisted.

My nomination is a seller named rypolly . They sell a number of things, but I've seen them move multiple ColecoVisions, and Atari 2600's. I am certain that he is not a gamer, but an Ebay enthusiast who has figured out that old games = money.

I noticed off the bat in an Atari auction that rypolly was local for me. I emailed and asked if local pickup was possible, and he said yes. Lost that auction, but noticed a ColecoVision they were also auctioning. I won that one a few days later. I ask about local pickup...and he says No, shipping only. I e-mail him a copy of his e-mail saying that he would do local pickup, and he still says no way. So I pay shipping, and mail him a MO as he won't take paypal. Since I was annoyed, I looked at a few of his other auctions, and noticed something unpleasant. All of his gaming systems were listed as "tested" ... except for the CV I won. It was "untested", and the only one of four listed systems that wasn't. Oh oh. I was new then and had missed that. Oh oh.

The CV comes. Poorly packed in a thin box. With the auction items, a broken Ratshack computer joystick, and old RCA VCR remote, and some plastic dinosaurs (those last 3 things not in the auction or pictured). I notice that he had not left me feedback after recieving payment. I emailed him asking about my feedback only. He then left me positive feedback, only after I persisted. The next day, I complain to him about the poor shipping, the broken bits of unlisted crap in the box, the communication mixup, and the fact that this untested CV did not work AT ALL, and it cost me more than I thought it would to get, due to his unreasonable payment and shipping stipulations. rypolly says, " I gave you a good feedback, you owe me one."
    >

I told him he would get at best a Neutral from me, if he did not refund me my shipping costs. I ate the "non working" part because he did claim untested. FUNNY..but he had time to test 4 other old systems!! I guess the ONE he did not test just HAPPENED to be non working. yeah, right. After much whining and complaining, he refunded me (via paypal > i had to snail mail him a MO!! > ) my shipping, and I left him an neutral sounding positive.

To this day, I feel like I sold him a feedback he did not deserve. He has negatives now (3 out of 40 some) but he had no negatives then.

RYPOLLY

Ebay opportunist, and cagey seller. In my opinion. Still sells old systems.

Completed listing of this thread, as of 15/1/2008 Thanks to Severthe7th

rypolly
    jonomac
    sasso205
    bbu9715965
    treasurehunter2002usa
    VGE007
    nfarj
    carnell2775
    Auctiosecrets2003
    PiazzaPower
    greatdealz2004
    toylawyer
    tgja725
    air2air!
    islandgamer2003
    jaredvgh
    sell4fun21
    umabody
    ECW94
    Add61
    wazupfoo
    pgs
    snoopy_rulez
    usa_wendy
    mariconcorde
    megabuys.com
    brinn1
    NARUed
    russellkoehler
    Thetanone
    eonlineauctionstore
    Mega Buys
    master-of-hyrule
    lizard-x
    tayspiderx
    kitkit.com
    talesoffate
    tciac
    Nascartycoon
    straitoutofjapan
    benjmatteson
    secretmain
    jillygames
    bargainland liquidation
    trialgame
    feedbackreciprocated
    destined2watch
    swizztle
    hanna_enterprises
    al0wn
    mastergame7
    hahanv
    classicgamesdepot
    castlevania4ever
    bullseyes_videogames_collectibles
    charlievirgo
    ZIRIA34
    TheShadowCaster
    stvart2k
    kt-figure/toyplayer*com
    escobar2099
    xboxman813
    Snakecharmer1212
    clarkfamily6
    usamusement
    ps2_xbox_gc
    browneyegrl
    constant23
    moviemarz
    midnite_uk
    raregamergirl
    themoviemaverick
    niko_niko_pun_!
    sam1978
    claytonentertainment
    msaqib1980
    importparadise2004
    timothymd136
    sethpackard
    atwoodtm
    yourmyfluffyone
    damien_rules
    Bubboboo
    fredouille_l
    wingnutt1992
    4jollyjay1
    luistrevor
    HotGameStuff/Nubytech
    servicegames812/southjerseygames
    Peachykeenchica
    Patrick-Dante
    82ndAirborne1944
    gasban
    zidane92
    Proper75
    sweetsstuff4u
    simply.sweet.bargains
    fanatic1
    gameliquidations
    slmarc
    nfarland
    gamecrazygirlz
    dollarheaven11
    jthomp22
    bestpricehq
    axe-express
    deviant_angel2007
    kingmeanguns
    christophernaze
    Bunbunz23/airforceshields
    Last edited by omnedon; 01-15-2008 at 10:04 AM.
    ... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ...

I know this was a bad ebay situation, but, you have to admit the plastic dinosaurs being included is funny. I just busted out laughing when I read that. Sorry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmmm...

The only inconsistancy I find with this story is that you said you left him a neutral feedback, although he has no neutral feedbacks at all?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

zektor - he said he left a 'neutral sounding' positive feedback.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd add the user "dml24us" to the list. I've won 2 game gear games off this user on November 17th and recieved them today...er yesterday ... December 8th.

Also -- the 2 loose game gear games came in a small yellow envelope. No padding or any kind of protection. The package came with a hole in it, probably from the transit, but putting no padding or anything of the sort makes for no excuse. Grrr...

Why can't everyone be like the PacMan board game lady. The auction ended and nobody bid... I was watching it and forgot to bid on it. I e-mailed her asking if she's still intrested in selling it. I send out the payment and recieve it quickly and it's even gift wrapped. :-)

Cheers,
    -Sean

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hades
    I'd add the user "dml24us" to the list. I've won 2 game gear games off this user on November 17th and recieved them today...er yesterday ... December 8th.

Also -- the 2 loose game gear games came in a small yellow envelope. No padding or any kind of protection. The package came with a hole in it, probably from the transit, but putting no padding or anything of the sort makes for no excuse. Grrr...
    No offense but I dont think that is really that bad, 21 days for shipping is only 3 weeks, and surface mail CAN take up to 4 weeks. Second I have had many games shipped to me and shipped out games in small yellow envelops (They are bubble mailers though) and have never had a problem. I think the black list should ONLY be used for sellers who:
    1) Take your money and run
    2) Tries to change the details of an auction afterwards (only sending you a toploader w/o the controllers for same price)
    3) Tries to really gouge you on shipping (not just a couple dollars over but 3 times or more what it should be)

I would like to say stay away from ebay user: jonomac ONLY if you are an International bidder. I had made special arangements with him to buy a SNES game. (normally he ships US only) After telling me shipping would be $3.00 +insurance=$5.00. After winning the auction he told me that shipping would be $22.00. After arguing with him for a while, he brought it back down to the $5.00. Game came about 4 weeks after payment (postmark was for 3 weeks after payment) so it really only took a week) When the game finaly did come it was extremely dirty with an unknown gunk (I dont think I want to know) all over the game. After extensive cleaning the game did work. He never left me feedback, so I didn't want any retalitory if I left him neutral or negative. Therefore both his record and mine (incase of retalitory) remain clean (all positives). So I would just reccomend that if you are out side of the U.S. you dont make any deals with him as he seems to be fine within the U.S. (Based on his feedback.)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess I've been lucky with the things I bought off ebay. I have more problems with the people that buy stuff from me...in form of non-paying bidders:

**mermaid**, stochu99, sweetjimsmom, daman59313@aol.com, dman4457, moroman@hotmail.com, tstl@rushmore.com, 808pimpflip, samson7575, qdroghei, maff_2, black.convoy, al.orange, fredrica_54, hope_cristo, hensonbros, nikkawhat, rhibiki98, wizard-711, oldanchormom, kingjamesgoose, 211joker187, fantasylady24, staci17954

Thats the list so far. So for sellers if you get any of these people to win your auction. Beware. :-(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the black list should ONLY be used for sellers who:
    1) Take your money and run
    2) Tries to change the details of an auction afterwards (only sending you a toploader w/o the controllers for same price)
    3) Tries to really gouge you on shipping (not just a couple dollars over but 3 times or more what it should be)
    Too rigid. There are lots of legitimate ways to be "unsatisfied" outside of those requirements. Questionable selling policies like the fellow rypolly I mentioned. For him "untested" means "tested but not working but I don't want to say so, so I'll lie". He was obviously (to me) an opportunist trying to turn trash to gold, at the expense of others. Ebay is not a magical land devoid of personal responsibility. (i hope)
    ... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've purchased MANY items from eBay and Yahoo! Auctions and 99.9% of the time, it was a great experience.

I'm pround of my 126 positive feedbacks. (and this is for a person who'se mostly a buyer!). But I do have 4 negative feedbacks, and they're all from one guy.. and this is because of 4 negative feedbacks I left him. I recommend that the following person be added to the SH*T-LIST!

cbutton5@cogeco.ca

This guy is a complete loser. He has over 2000 auctions under his belt, but still can't format the description if his life depended on it. Check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1978057244

Months ago he was selling NES games like there ain't tomorrow, but at the same time he was sucking on shipping charges. He will sell a 5$ game for only 2$ but then charge crazy shipping amounts.

This guy lived ~15 miles away from me, yet charged me close to 25$ on shipping 4 games. Since he said he wouldn't combine shipping, I assumed that he'd ship each game SEPERATELY. Not only were they shipped together, the packing was terrible, couple of the games were destroyed in the shipping (not even bubble wrap envelop.. just regular envelop!) but he paid 2.50$ for shipping at the post office!

>

Stay away from scammers that have just dirty description.. all it means is that they're trying to hide something.

LK

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leonk
    I've purchased MANY items from eBay and Yahoo! Auctions and 99.9% of the time, it was a great experience.

I'm pround of my 126 positive feedbacks. (and this is for a person who'se mostly a buyer!). But I do have 4 negative feedbacks, and they're all from one guy.. and this is because of 4 negative feedbacks I left him. I recommend that the following person be added to the SH*T-LIST!

cbutton5@cogeco.ca

This guy is a complete loser. He has over 2000 auctions under his belt, but still can't format the description if his life depended on it. Check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1978057244

Months ago he was selling NES games like there ain't tomorrow, but at the same time he was sucking on shipping charges. He will sell a 5$ game for only 2$ but then charge crazy shipping amounts.

This guy lived ~15 miles away from me, yet charged me close to 25$ on shipping 4 games. Since he said he wouldn't combine shipping, I assumed that he'd ship each game SEPERATELY. Not only were they shipped together, the packing was terrible, couple of the games were destroyed in the shipping (not even bubble wrap envelop.. just regular envelop!) but he paid 2.50$ for shipping at the post office!

>

Stay away from scammers that have just dirty description.. all it means is that they're trying to hide something.

LK

id do the flaming bag o shit on the doorstep to him for that one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would like to nominate sasso205

Like a fool I paid $3.50 for a NES Genie just because it was black. (I later realized that what I REALLY wanted was the black adaptor to put the genie in my top loader) But I went ahead with the transaction anyway. I sent him $3.50 for the item and $3.50 for shipping. I'm sorry but if I list in my auctions that shipping is $3.50 the it is for priority shipping on something as small as that.

When I got the item it was jammed so tightly into the bubble envelope that he had to bend the plastic part just to get it in and then only paid $1.09 for shipping. So for poor shipping and packing prices I say that SASSO205 gets blacklisted!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Priority Mail

not trying to defend the seller in the post above but you can't send anything USPS Priority Mail for $3.50. The minimum charge is $3.95. I never send anything to anyone I don't know without a Delivery Confirmation and that is $.45 making it $4.30 minimum to send Priority Mail.

Y-bot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From Yahoo Auctions: Botte1 http://user.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/user/botte1

He has been selling photocopied manuals and CD-r Sega-CD games. He overcharges for shipping (n64 w/controller 9.99BIN+$45shipping). He lies about the condition of his products. His Feedback is a fun read though. :P

from Ebay:

jthomp22@cs.com - http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...page=1&rows=25

- Watch this guy, he has auctions with pictured MIB but nothing was. I won a Genesis 3 system pictured MIB /w 10 boxed games. What I got was a loose Gen 3 with a cracked case and a controller that didn't work. Also of the 10 games I recieved, Jthump put in two Strider's and took out Shinobi III and Sonic 3D. Wouldn't answer email on the transaction.
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Funny thing is, a friend of mine and I were reading his feedback just the other day. I was gonna add him to the list, but I figured someone who has dealt with him should. I love the part how he buys from a guy just to complain he is stealing his pics. Yet, he sells games that dont even match the pics. Someone should kick him in the shin!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well, at least he is picturing the cd-r's now not just a MIB picture of the named product.. http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo....6?aucview=0x30
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Hey, he puts his address, why not everyone forward any aol cds they get. BTW I love the $100 handeling charge for Intl. bidders

Here's my bad bidder list: creamy5, mikekimce, cridera, a12-k93, channel_i_guy, si1ver5ky, capthowdy625, in_sk8, lorena_wat, dab21391, btrack24, jimmymac1013, michealthekanesmoker, gekinet, man315, nostalgia_junkie

I'm going to nominate bbu9715965 for being a total whack job when it comes to sellers. First I ordered an MVS cart from him, service was good, Priority mail, packaging wasn't so great but they are made to handle being ruffed around you know? So then I order a Hyper Neo m/b. BIN was $55 with shipping at $20. So I figure, it must be going priority. Pay with Paypal within minutes after using the BIN. A business week goes by, nothing. It's not like it's Christmas season, it's mid spring, all other mail I've been getting is superfast. So I email him, and I get some incoherent email back about he sent it, but I shouldn't worry. Oh, that and a threat to block me from his email and ebay auctions. Whoop to do, give me my damn board first.

2 weeks go by, still nothing. So I email him again for a tracking # and explaining to him, that it probably shouldn't take so long. Being a total ass, he refuses to give it to me. Fine, buddy....I'll take the damn $50 loss. So I go bid on another Hyper Neo with more stuff with it. Sniped the auction, won, and the new board shows up a few days later.

At week 3 and still no Hyper Neo from Bill Burger. Fine, he's got an AOL address, let's see if we can catch him on AIM. BOOM! He's there. 3 weeks and still no board? It's time to do some pestering. I ask what method he sent it? Priority, Media, Parcel? What? His responce: there's no way for me to tell since I send out tons of each everyday. So I pester him more, and he finally gives me the damn tracking number.

One month exactly from the day he sent it it arrived. The only problem? He sent it media for $10 > I'm starting to wonder where my extra $10 was. I left a nuetral saying it finally arrived but shipping was over $10, so he leaves me a negative saying I'm the worst bidder. It's the only negative I've ever recieved. And about the package, rather lack there of? It was shipping in the factory box, so no extra padding or precaution was taken...not even fragile stamps on the top.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I will only accept cash balances, eChecks, & Instant Transfers NOT funded by your credit card with PayPal

Like I'd ever give paypal my bank account! How is this guy getting away with selling bootleg games? How is he getting away with shipping charges of 30 dollars for a crappy dc, and some pirated games?
    http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo....0?aucview=0x30
    Why has yahoo not shut him down?

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

pc_computer_man
    weeks ago i bought a "surprise box" from him for 27.00 total. the list of things that would be in it were valuable electronics and minimum value of the package was $350, maximum $750. i got an e-mail from him saying that all packages have been shipped and he would send the tracking numbers soon. he never sent the numbers. then i get an e-mail from one of the bidders asking me to sign a petition. i e-mailed the seller to see if he would give the tracking number and i get an auto-response saying that their internet is down, but they are not a fraud like rumors say. there is a phone number on there too and i am going to call it tomorrow when i buy a calling card.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been extremely blessed in my eBay dealings, with only a few lousy bidders. These are the only ones currently on my blocked list: nil8, t.clos, emilie83. The first one is on there due to what I'd heard about them, while the latter are simply as a result of NPBs.

However, a few months ago me and several other bidders discovered that a sealed NES game seller was selling resealed copies. We eventually made him confess to it, and mailed all of the evidence we had collected to eBay. Luckily the two games I bought off of him were legit (he got greedy afterward), but a bunch of people got screwed. I can't remember his ID (it was kak something), but it doesn't really matter anyway since that ID is no longer a registered user.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh joy. 2 of my last 5 auctions have ended with non paying bidders. 40% ratio. Whoop de frickin doo.

fozzietoo - supposedly bid by "accident"

So I immediately offered it, second chance style to the second highest bidder(within 10 mins of auction end!)...and he doesn't want it either! Does anyone who frickin bids actually mean it? This is very frustrating. I'm probably gonna ban them both (second chance bidder too) from bidding on any of my auctions.

/rant
    If this gets any worse, Ebay may be pointless! A nearly 50% NPB ratio makes auctions a lot more work. /end rant/
    >