Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Just pulled his ID information...wow, and over 10K feedbacks!

Shame that people would stoop so low. I hope he gets what he deserves.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Exclamation 1435raymond

Avoid this seller, please.

About two weeks ago, I won a Japanese Wii game from him for $2.25. After the auction ended, I payed immediately. A couple of days later, I get an email saying I was refunded.
    Thinking he accidentally refunded me or something to that extent, I payed again and sent an email stating that I did so.

The next day, I had another refunded payment message from Paypal, and an unbelievable message from the seller himself. He stated that he wanted $60 for it and not $2.25.
    In shock, I emailed him back saying that you cannot do that; avoiding payment because you did not get what you expected is not allowed.
    After I sent that email, I noticed that the item's page had a banner for his other items. Can you guess what happened? The guy STARTED ANOTHER AUCTION for the SAME THING.
    I contacted eBay, and they took it up with him and said that reattempting payment would be fine.

Fast-forward to today. I have not had a refund alert since I paid for the third time about a week ago. The seller did not respond to my emails either.
    Since emailing was no longer an option, I decided to call him directly. Man, we had such a good conversation! Here's a recap:

-Me: I was wanting to know if you were going to follow through with the auction according to eBay's policies.
    -Him: No, I wanted more than $2 for it. It cost more than that when I bought it.
    -Me: You do know that it is against the rules to avoid payment and relist because you didn't get what you expected for the item?
    -Him: Yeah, eBay told me. Besides, the consequences aren't that bad. I'll only get a strike or negative feedback from you.
    -Me: What do you mean not that bad? You can risk a banning if your feedback score drops too low, or if eBay says your action was severe enough for an automatic ban.
    -Him: What about the other buyer than just won my relisting? What do I do about them if I send the game to you?
    -Me: What do you do? You own up to what you did. You're in the wrong for not honoring the auction and trying to sell to somebody else.
    -Him: No, I can't do it. At least they won it for $30. I'm only 18 and living on my own. Every little bit I get helps.
    -Me: So, I suppose you're just going to refund me again then?
    -Him: Yes, that's what I'll do.
    -Me: Okay, thanks for you time. Good bye.
    -Him: Bye.

Now, please keep in mind that I was as nice as pie to this kid the entire time. I'm eighteen myself, but his story is ridiculous. How did he buy the game to begin with if he was so deep in money problems?
    The game in question is not even half a year old, so he had to have bought it recently.

Long story short, this guy avoided payment because I did not win the game for what he wanted. He blatantly admitted that he does not care what the consequences are, as they "aren't that bad" according to him.

I left appropriate feedback, so hopefully that will keep others from falling victim to his immaturity problem with money and his games.
    He could have put a reserve on it, but no. He took a chance with the auction, and got less than what was in mind. When you want a certain amount, that's what reserves are there for anyway.

You can't just leave somebody hanging like that. -__-
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Contact eBay and give them the conversation. That should ban his ass.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some people are too cheap to pay a few cents for a reserve price on their listing. I'd like to assume that nobody lists things for less than they want for them, but that's wishful thinking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Ebay seems to care less. I called them up last week to warn them what he was up to, and they failed to withdraw his duplicate auction of what I had just won.
    They even brought up his emails where he had said some of the same things he repeated to me on the phone today, and failed to really do anything.
    It may require an extra call to customer service to find out, but I'm pretty sure they only gave him a strike.
    My negative feedback I left just dropped him to 83.3%, but he probably doesn't even care.

I tell you, eBay is just getting too ridiculous to even bother with nowadays. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Kyle15,

Did you report him for seller non performance? With the evidence you have, they will ban him quickly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    Kyle15,

Did you report him for seller non performance? With the evidence you have, they will ban him quickly.
    Yup. I even had them look at the emails he sent through eBay. He got a strike.
    Why they did not ban him, I'll never know. -__-

Anyway, I'll probably file another complaint with him. Hopefully they will do something then.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Hm, you would think eBay's whole "no negative feedback can be left by sellers" and their general opinion that the buyer is always right would ban that seller pretty quickly.

I guess not.

Even if you don't want to pay for reserve, why not start it at like $20-$25 rather than the $0.99 I'm assuming the guy started the auction at? What, did he think there would be a bidding war over something 90% of American Wii owners can't even use?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

That's unfortunate to hear.

I hope they do something, though. Ebay has been changing for the worst lately. I have a claim and I've yet to win because they now extended it to 30 days. WTF? So I have been waiting for two months and still no item. Egad!

Stupid Ebay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    Hm, you would think eBay's whole "no negative feedback can be left by sellers" and their general opinion that the buyer is always right would ban that seller pretty quickly.

I guess not.

Even if you don't want to pay for reserve, why not start it at like $20-$25 rather than the $0.99 I'm assuming the guy started the auction at? What, did he think there would be a bidding war over something 90% of American Wii owners can't even use?
    I just learned the buyer isn't that important from this latest fiasco. Ebay needs some fixing itself.

That's unfortunate to hear.

I hope they do something, though. Ebay has been changing for the worst lately. I have a claim and I've yet to win because they now extended it to 30 days. WTF? So I have been waiting for two months and still no item. Egad!

Stupid Ebay.
    Thanks, man. I hope your situation turns out okay too.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

This isn't really anything new. About 6 months to a year ago essentially the same thing happened to me with a CIB copy of SMS Golden Axe Warrior that I won for about 10 shipped. Nothing happened after talking to eBay and filing a complaint, etc; and I wussed out and didn't even leave a neg for fear of retaliation. I'll be regretting that for a long time to come yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    Why do people on this forum keep saying stuff like this? For the 11ty billionth time, ebay doesn't ban users for stuff like this. The WORST that will happen to the seller is that his search standing will drop to "lowered," which I've found doesn't affect sales at all.

Hell, you can be a scam artist caught selling obvious bootlegs and the punishment (if caught) will only be a slap on the hands. Ebay has given up on doing the right thing; all they care about is the bottom line.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    Why do people on this forum keep saying stuff like this? For the 11ty billionth time, ebay doesn't ban users for stuff like this. The WORST that will happen to the seller is that his search standing will drop to "lowered," which I've found doesn't affect sales at all.

Hell, you can be a scam artist caught selling obvious bootlegs and the punishment (if caught) will only be a slap on the hands. Ebay has given up on doing the right thing; all they care about is the bottom line.
    I have learned exactly that. Its a sad thing that they don't try to go very far anymore. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle15 View Post
    I have learned exactly that. Its a sad thing that they don't try to go very far anymore. :/
    Yeah, the disputes are all automated, too. If you call or email, it's like you're talking to a robot. They follow a strict script. If you have 100% obvious proof of wrongdoing, they don't care. It is very frustrating and it's gotten to the point where I expect it to happen a certain percentage of the time and consider it a write-off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Yeah, the disputes are all automated, too. If you call or email, it's like you're talking to a robot. They follow a strict script. If you have 100% obvious proof of wrongdoing, they don't care. It is very frustrating and it's gotten to the point where I expect it to happen a certain percentage of the time and consider it a write-off.
    The guy I talked to was pretty far from automatic. He was very unscripted, and didn't do that whole "repeat it again" deal that's always pulled.

Then again, the outcome looks to be pretty much the same no matter how automated the customer service representitive is. :/

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

What amazes me is the number of people who are amazed at the number of scammers and asshats that are on eBay. They are there because they literally have a one in a million chance of something significant happening to them.

I have a 'friend' who pulls this kind of shit all the time. He makes more per week than I do in a month.
    Last edited by JSoup; 06-17-2009 at 10:58 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) japancollector's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

knandor1 is on mij blockin bidder list

he buyed sometime ago a japan version of king fields 2.It was cleary listed as a japan import.Buyer didnt read the auction titel and it was listed as ntsc .When he recieve the item he mailed

Hi,
    game not work, becouse is not pal. How we can resolve this problem?

i say the item was listed as japan version after this he opened claim .And he leaved negative feedback : did not work on my ps1, however I have asked before

Now the worst part comes and caused i have put on him mij blockin bidders list .the part however I have asked before is a lie .I know that japan games dont work on a pal playstation .And never inform buyers that you can use a japan playstation game on pal playstation console witchout Modification or boot cd.this is bad for my ebay reputation look i false inform buyers to sell more games
    Last edited by japancollector; 07-08-2009 at 05:14 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heres one any USA sellers might one to avoid. zxcd2007. His account is from Spain .He has his feedback marked private and of course since he probably only buys and doesn't sell in the usa he has no negatives but I would bet there is several comments from USA sellers in there saying the guy is a scammer.

About 50 days ago he buys up a lot of games that were in the $15-40 range. About two days ago he sends me a message saying that Rocket Knight Adventures had been smashed up(no way in hell, I loaded the package with packing material) and that Beggar Prince (which I bought from SuperFighter Team directly) was a bootleg. Of course he expected me to give him money.

I firmly believe he is buying stuff from USA sellers and then selling it overseas and trying to get his money back from the USA seller.

I simply put him on my blocked bidders list and didn't even bother answering. I just took the neg. To bad for him he only had 45 days to file a complaint.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ronclon View Post
    I firmly believe he is buying stuff from USA sellers and then selling it overseas and trying to get his money back from the USA seller.
    http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISAPI.d...3&all=1&rows=0

He sounds like someone to avoid, but I doubt he's a scammer, just a jerk who lives in a country with a horrible post office. If you check out the link above to his bidding history, you'll see that only 4/~100 items are from the US.

Of course he has no negs. He is a buyer only. I'll never understand why ebay allows any feedback to be private.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISAPI.d...3&all=1&rows=0

He sounds like someone to avoid, but I doubt he's a scammer, just a jerk who lives in a country with a horrible post office. If you check out the link above to his bidding history, you'll see that only 4/~100 items are from the US.

Of course he has no negs. He is a buyer only. I'll never understand why ebay allows any feedback to be private.
    I could buy that if he had just said a or a few games was damaged. But he tried to say a game (not surprisingly the most expensive one)I sold him was a pirated game. Also claimed I way overcharged him for shipping (The same shipping amount he agreed to before he bought anything).
    I do apprecaite you putting that page up though because I am going to watch what happens when he leaves feedback for the USA sellers.

Edit- Now he is saying a pair of Sega 3D galsses were in bad condition as well. And he is spacing out his feedback to make it look like this is from several transactions.
    Last edited by ronclon; 07-16-2009 at 09:57 PM.