Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay Classic Gaming Blacklist

Pretzel (Level 4) Dragon Warrior Jasen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PayPal is odd about this.... I sold someone a stereo and they bitched it didnt work (which it did) I agreed to a partial refund of the pruchase price pending I received it back in the mail. PayPal closed the case, instantly refunded the guy his money, and I never got my stereo back!

This time, for the Dreamcast Fiasco, I offered NO refund and completely filled the reason block with the rationale. If an UNOPENED/UNTESTED/No Returns accepted listing gets me... Im going to be pissed. PP has a BAD habit of just giving the buyer all the money back, including the money used to actually ship it!
    Jasen's Customs, Like it on Facebook!

Tutorials on SuperGuns
    http://www.thesupergun.com

Rocking Out a Digital Press since 2007
    My Feedback here.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Warrior Jasen View Post
    PayPal is odd about this.... I sold someone a stereo and they bitched it didnt work (which it did) I agreed to a partial refund of the pruchase price pending I received it back in the mail. PayPal closed the case, instantly refunded the guy his money, and I never got my stereo back!

This time, for the Dreamcast Fiasco, I offered NO refund and completely filled the reason block with the rationale. If an UNOPENED/UNTESTED/No Returns accepted listing gets me... Im going to be pissed. PP has a BAD habit of just giving the buyer all the money back, including the money used to actually ship it!
    Dump the money from your paypal to another place, problem solved. Unless they already froze the transaction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They did, and unfortunately in the fine print you agree to allowing them to pull it from your accounts you have setup with them. Right now I am sitting -$88 for the time because of this madness. ( I dont leave any cash in the account usually)

J

Tutorials on SuperGuns

My Feedback here.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

They did, and unfortunately in the fine print you agree to allowing them to pull it from your accounts you have setup with them. Right now I am sitting -$88 for the time because of this madness. ( I dont leave any cash in the account usually)

J
    There are ways around this. The account I have connected to my PayPal is set up in such a way that I get automated calls before transactions of any kind are completed. If I say that I don't authorize a transaction, it's rejected on the spot. The real loop-hole is PayPal requires YOU to agree to give them access, but that doesn't mean the bank/credit union you use has to agree. Back in the early days of PayPal, my regular bank wouldn't accept transactions from them, as they viewed the site as a financial risk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    Got a message today saying I actually LOST the case against artphotodude. Ebay has never done anything this stupid to me. I'm speechless.

Avoid artphotodude like the plague.
    It was a not-as-described dispute, right? Paypal sides with the buyer 99.999999% of the time, irregardless of facts. I swear you could buy a blue shirt, file a dispute because you wanted a red one, and you would still win as long as you returned the blue shirt. I just might try that one day if I'm feeling especially narcissistic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good call. Maybe I will call Bank of America and let them know they need to call me before any paypal transaction takes place... the only big issue I forsee is situations like now where I have over 50 auctions going and I anticipate getting paid by paypal in all but one of them.... FML.

Tutorials on SuperGuns

My Feedback here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    It was a not-as-described dispute, right? Paypal sides with the buyer 99.999999% of the time, irregardless of facts. I swear you could buy a blue shirt, file a dispute because you wanted a red one, and you would still win as long as you returned the blue shirt. I just might try that one day if I'm feeling especially narcissistic.
    I really hope that I fall into the .000001% that they side with. Can it be THAT hard to read the auction and a statement and realize someone is trying to do Schenanigans?

Tutorials on SuperGuns

My Feedback here.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Bank of America
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

*falls off his chair*

What. You're serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

*falls off his chair*

What. You're serious?
    O_o

What's so bad about Bank of America? I have a CC with them and their service has always been excellent...at least for me.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    O_o

What's so bad about Bank of America? I have a CC with them and their service has always been excellent...at least for me.
    Other than the fact that they've consistently gone out of their way to screw my family out of hundreds of dollars for years?

I was so disgusted by their so-called customer service I terminated my account and told the local branch to go fuck themselves. The -only- reason the local branch is still around is because, and I'm sorry if I sound racist, Mexican farm workers don't know any better and flock to the closest bank to the border instead of going to one that doesn't charge them outrageous fees.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BoA has been the best Bank I have ever used. I have been with four banks over the years and they have been consisently the best. The only time BOA takes away money is if you dont keep your account current, over draft the account, or canx a check. Keep a positive balance and theres no issues. The only time I have been charged "You screwed yourself fee" was using a non-BoA ATM... but then again, I knew that going into using the ATM.

Back to on topic: stay away from bea24azul... this person is a pain in the ass and has gone out of their way to screw me on this transaction.

Tutorials on SuperGuns

My Feedback here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Speaking of back on topic... The guy I was complaining about just asked me where his item is. After I added the tracking number to the PayPal transaction yesterday. Which he should've gotten a notification for since -I sent a refund right after that and he didn't ask about it-.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH. IT'S BARELY BEEN A DAY LEAVE ME ALOOOOOOOOOOOONE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only time BOA takes away money is if you dont keep your account current, over draft the account, or canx a check. Keep a positive balance and theres no issues.
    Yeah, that's what I thought too. I've had a free checking account with them for around 10 years now. I've had my account balance current and haven't had any overdrafts or cancelled checks or anything of that nature for quite some time.

Then like two months ago BofA is all, "HERP DERP, we're gonna start charging you $8.95 per month unless you either have one or more direct deposits per month or you make sure you have over X amount (a couple grand) in your checking account at any given time."

Apparently they decided to do away with the type of free checking account I have because it's not making them any money.

So now I just try to make sure I sell an item or two each month on Amazon and have that count towards the direct deposit requirement.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I've never used BoA myself, but friends have told me that they have a habit of nickle and dimeing a person.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tubeway View Post
    Then like two months ago BofA is all, "HERP DERP, we're gonna start charging you $8.95 per month unless you either have one or more direct deposits per month or you make sure you have over X amount (a couple grand) in your checking account at any given time."

Apparently they decided to do away with the type of free checking account I have because it's not making them any money.

So now I just try to make sure I sell an item or two each month on Amazon and have that count towards the direct deposit requirement.
    Yeah, whenever a bank tries that shit with me, I *immediately* close my account and move on. I live in a city with ~15 banks to choose from, many of which always have promotions that can net you free $50-200 upon sign-up and some light hoop-jumping. Bank of America can eat my ass. They are horrible for reasons too numerous to get into here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Keep in mind, if you accept PayPal, there is no such thing as a 'no returns' auction. Part of the PayPal agreement is that you MUST accept returns and give a refund if they buyer wants to send the item back to you. They can make up any reason they want for sending it back, as long as they provide a tracking number back to your zip code, PayPal will refund the money pretty much no-questioned-asked. You _AGREE_ to this by accepting PayPal. Your only other option is to set up a merchant credit card account that you use to accept credit cards, but then the buyer can just file a charge-back through the CC company. There is _NO_ guaranteed (legit) safe way to sell stuff on eBay any more. And every day, more and more scumbags realize this.

The only way to protect yourself is to set up a dummy checking account that you don't really use, attach that to PayPal, and withdraw all the money immediately. If you get a charge back, you'll have to open another checking account and PayPal account (since PP will lock the account until you pay the negative balance).

Chargebacks are just one of those things that companies have dealt with since the invention of credit cards, and just write it off as part of their 'acceptable loss'. Unfortunately, this really sucks for people like me that just sell a few things to pay some bills, and can't really afford to suddenly have the money yanked back from, even for one transaction (unless it's only a couple of dollars or something, but it's usually things well over $200...)

On the banning front, definitely avoid a user called 'mamascellar'. (He buys and sells)

Quick version: Bought a sealed game from for $300. Immediately re-listed it (with his own photograph) for $400. When it didn't sell, filed a claim against me through PP claiming the item arrived 'heavily damaged' (never contacted me). Sent me back an empty box (with tracking). PP refunded his money. I filed a police report with LAPD, and on www.ic3.gov. Won't do any good (only $300, nothing to law enforcement), but if he ever gets in trouble with the law for any other reason and they search for it, they'll find the complaint.

I, of course, have all the documents to prove, I even kept the empty box (which was the box I sent the game to him wrapped in paper, and it was still in perfect condition after having been shipped _twice_, so how was the item 'heavily damaged'?) as well as photos and archives of my auction and both times he tried to re-sell the game. He's also been banned from eBay several times before and keeps coming back under different user IDs. (In fact, I see he's NARU'd now anyway, but that's happened several times already so he might come back...)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

jujudaycare

A dumb bitch who doesn't know how to read descriptions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darkslime View Post
    jujudaycare

Ouch, tough neg. Exactly what did they expect? Too bad you left them a positive.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darkslime View Post
    jujudaycare

Care to elaborate a bit there, sport?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy Color View Post
    Care to elaborate a bit there, sport?
    Complained about game being cart only even though it was clearly stated in the description and left me a neg about it.