Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay Classic Gaming Blacklist

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i finally got my package from him today and it contained a bunch of sealed cd's, not $350 worth but oh well. still this guy is an EXTREMELY slow shipper though.

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

archie116 - this was my very first experience with e-bay. I had just modded my PSX, and, being big into anime at the time, was looking into importing the (terrible) Ranma 1/2 fighting game. The guy listed that it was a great game, but that it was an import, so I needed a modded system. Perfect, no problem. Also said that it came "w/case and insert". Whe I got it, it was a crappy CD-R with a crappy label, and the "insert" was just the cover of the instruction manual and looked like it had been printed with a dot matrix printer. I mailed him about it and received no response. Not wanting to make enemies, I left a neutral feedback, with a positive sounding slant. That's when I read his feedback and saw this little gem.

Complaint : prompt deliver, did not mention it was a cheap instructionless dub at full price
    Response by archie116 - Never asked if there were instructions included with the game
    So anyway, a couple months later, I get an e-mail from someone claiming to be with the FBI about this guy, and, well, he's no longer registered. In any case, anyone seeing this name or a variation of it in any online auction house would do well to beware. I wish I could remember his real name, but it's long since been lost, sorry.

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

treasurehunter2002usa

WORST Seller ever. Hidden charge of $5 for bubble wrap.

Printed on the outside of the package "Here are your 19 Atari games taped together in un-padded envelopes with no packing and no insurance, just like you wanted them"

He beat the hell out of the package too, you can tell. Luckily nothing was broken, but regardless, he's a COMPLETE ass.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Simply Mindboggling.
    I love games

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

treasurehunter2002usa

WORST Seller ever. Hidden charge of $5 for bubble wrap.

Printed on the outside of the package "Here are your 19 Atari games taped together in un-padded envelopes with no packing and no insurance, just like you wanted them"

He beat the hell out of the package too, you can tell. Luckily nothing was broken, but regardless, he's a COMPLETE ass.
    I too have had the pleasure of dealing with this guy and everything sylentwulf says is right on the money.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default correction!

Quote Originally Posted by Raedon
    from Ebay:
    jthomp22@cs.com ...
    - Watch this guy...(snip)
    it's a gal, actually. and she's a TERRIBLE seller, as far a packaging goes. if you read the auction descriptions on here stuff it DOES say that the item pictured may not be the item up for bid. nothing dishonest in that per se, but it's rare that she admits to a screw-up. the last 3 auctions i won from her arrived in busted cases because she REFUSES to ship in boxes or via priority mail even though she charges that rate for shipping! that, and the cheap manila envelopes, cheapest bubble wrap in the world, and lousy communication made me drop her as a seller like a third testicle.

i complained to her about her lousy packing, and she sent me an e-mail that said "your mailman must be a real beast. i send out 300 games a week, and they all arrive in good condition." a quick check of her feeback revealed otherwise. i showed the last package i got from her to the supervisor at the post office here, and he almost died laughing. "how much did you pay for shipping again?" i got, along with "if she thinks that anything she's sending like that is gonna survive in the system, it's not gonna happen"...grrrrr >

oh, i have a short list of scumbag sellers as well. i'll have to post it soon, but i'm waiting to see if one of these creeps comes through as promised with my refund...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tritoch
    I've been extremely blessed in my eBay dealings, with only a few lousy bidders. These are the only ones currently on my blocked list: nil8, t.clos, emilie83. The first one is on there due to what I'd heard about them, while the latter are simply as a result of NPBs.

However, a few months ago me and several other bidders discovered that a sealed NES game seller was selling resealed copies. We eventually made him confess to it, and mailed all of the evidence we had collected to eBay. Luckily the two games I bought off of him were legit (he got greedy afterward), but a bunch of people got screwed. I can't remember his ID (it was kak something), but it doesn't really matter anyway since that ID is no longer a registered user.
    I know exactly who your talking about. His ebay name was kakrotto, (Alex), last summer was trying to pull that off, but got caught. Little weasel! I purchased some games from him also, but they all seem to be intact, but how can you tell a factory sealed game from a super mint intact rewrap its very difficult. Remember e-bay can seem like a roll of the dice and I'm sure there are others like him out there now. So BE CAREFUL!
    Scotty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unfortunately there are a lot of eBay sellers that don't left feedback after receiving payment. They wait you to give feedback first...

Peach (Level 3) Pop Culture Portal's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I've had the same problem...I've left feedback for over 220 transactions while my feedback is currently at 145...that's a little less than half of the people I've dealt with who haven't left feedback. In the past, I've waited patiently for a response, sometimes emailing them to see if they were satisfied with their purchases. I often get glowing email responses, but they don't bother leaving feedback. I mean, geeze! How hard is it to click a button or two and write something simple as "thanks" or "great job?" I don't even hold my breath anymore. Maybe my auctions suck. :-(
    All right youngens, bath time. Cover up your eyes and drop your britches! Who wants wax?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I must post VGE007 for the black list. I won an auction for $10. I did not want to get a money order so I just sent him a 10 dollar bill. Well, weeks go by and I send him an e-mail asking where is my game. he responds "you sent cash. I only take money orders sorry you not follow rules" So a) I know he got the $10 bill because I never told him I sent cash and b) because I did not follow his rules he can steal my money??. Plus look at his neg. feedback people post "DVD were crap and no sound" his response? " hey you pay $1.50 for DVD you want nice ones? win one of my expensive auctions"

What a turd!

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found an old email I saved on my Macintosh from an old eBay deal that went sour. beware of this person:

Malcolm Stiefel (sometimes known as Colm)
    1217 A Duane Rd
    Chattanooga TN 37405

He took my $21.50 + $5 for an AV Famicom console and never got back. His email address (stiefel2000@webtv.net) bounced a couple weeks later and was no longer registered on eBay (originally as geoguy23, and oneworldfashions was the last known eBay ID) > >

According to the email, the deal was closed on Aug 1999 and he dissapeared on 14th of September. Since his eBay account was closed, I couldn't get the phone number.

I searched Google groups, and his name or email address never turned up.
    Another day, another dollar... wake me when it's payday.
    still playing games

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leonk
    I recommend that the following person be added to the SH*T-LIST!

cbutton5@cogeco.ca

This guy is a complete loser.
    LK
    That's sooooo funny. That's the seller I was bitching about just a couple weeks ago in this post. http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7422

Didn't mention him by name in that post but since you already did, I second cbutton5@cogeco.ca as a member of the sh*t-list. >

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The infamous "nfarj"

If you haven't seen my posts on AA about this guy, be on the lookout for him. He had a boxed Sentinel for 7800 with a Buy It Now of $99 and an opening price of $1. I bid the low ball amount (it's really not that rare) but with two hours to go he cancelled the auction; then he relisted the same game with a HIGHER Buy It Now. He charges $8 shipping even for single boxed games on all of his auctions, and he snipes low Buy It Nows on games and marks them up for double the amount to resell (he's done it on 7800 Ikari Warriors several times). His feedback profile is hidden for a reason - he's a real scumbucket. I recommend you avoid this guy like bubonic plague.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: correction!

Quote Originally Posted by geelw
    Quote Originally Posted by Raedon
    from Ebay:
    jthomp22@cs.com ...
    - Watch this guy...(snip)
    it's a gal, actually. and she's a TERRIBLE seller, as far a packaging goes. if you read the auction descriptions on here stuff it DOES say that the item pictured may not be the item up for bid. nothing dishonest in that per se, but it's rare that she admits to a screw-up. the last 3 auctions i won from her arrived in busted cases because she REFUSES to ship in boxes or via priority mail even though she charges that rate for shipping! that, and the cheap manila envelopes, cheapest bubble wrap in the world, and lousy communication made me drop her as a seller like a third testicle.

i complained to her about her lousy packing, and she sent me an e-mail that said "your mailman must be a real beast. i send out 300 games a week, and they all arrive in good condition." a quick check of her feeback revealed otherwise. i showed the last package i got from her to the supervisor at the post office here, and he almost died laughing. "how much did you pay for shipping again?" i got, along with "if she thinks that anything she's sending like that is gonna survive in the system, it's not gonna happen"...grrrrr >

oh, i have a short list of scumbag sellers as well. i'll have to post it soon, but i'm waiting to see if one of these creeps comes through as promised with my refund...
    Yeah, I checked out their feedback and I would agree. I mean an 8000+ feedback rating is great, but over 230 unique negs and almost another 200 neutrals tells me this seller has issues. A 1 in 20 chance of getting the shaft is not good (negs + neutrals)

later

Danny

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That is WAY too many negatives, this chick does indeed have problems. :splat:
    Looking to sell a videogame magazine collection of 200(+) magazines, 60 cents each, send me a PM if you're interested!

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

Sigh, here's a new one...carnell2775, name Jaime Carnell.

Here's the auction I won...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...014213593&rd=1

Looks pretty good for the price, eh? Especially since it has an older Nintendo Fun Club newsletter included. I e-mail the seller before bidding, asking about the shipping price. Got it, was reasonable. Won auction, waited a day, then paid with Paypal. Two days later (today) I get this e-mail...

"This is the first chance I had to review the auction. I am sorry but the final fantasy poster alone is worth $10 to me."

So I write him back and tell him that according to ebay's rules, he has to sell the auction at the final price whatever it is or risk discinplinary action from ebay. I also told him that if he refunded my money I'd let the whole thing drop, but I've got a bad feeling dipshit here is gonna screw me over.

Now I'm waiting for a reply, we'll see what happens.

Kristine
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Auctiosecrets2003

Avoid this guy....I won something from him one time and sent payment. He said that it was all boxed and ready to ship. Two weeks went by and I didn't get what I won from him.

He claims that the package was returned..though I had listed my address very clearly on the payment I sent.

I finally got the item..but left him neutral feedback.

Avoid him if you can. If you can't, just be wary of him.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

seller: danny_and_julie

I won a complete D (PSX) for $10 (about half the usual price) plus $5 shipping. A good deal. The seller receives the payment and posts positive feedback for me. A couple of weeks later, I get an email from the seller explaining that her computer's power supply died and she was using her husband's computer but then her husband had a death in the family and they went out of town and could I please send my shipping address again because things WILL be shipped in the next two days.

That was March 9. So I replied with my address by direct email. A couple of weeks later I sent an inquiry asking whether the item had been shipped, as I had not received it. Then another a couple of days later, as I didn't hear back. And then another. I used both direct email and ebay's "ask seller a question" feature.

A week later is today, so I send a direct email asking about the item, and find that my host has been blocked. So the seller got tired of hearing from me and blocked my direct email rather than send a reply. I fired off the same message through ebay's message system, saying I would leave a neg if I didn't hear back something by Monday, and also saying that I wouldn't leave a neg if I got a refund for the bid price and shipping.

Assuming that I never hear back from the seller, this would be my first genuinely bad ebay experience.
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey omnedon, since you started the thread, could you keep a running list of blacklisted sellers in the first post? I would love you if you did.
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You ready for this? Here's my blocked bidder/seller list, Cut and pasted:
    All for misc. reasons.

thrawn03, nuttysquirrel, buck66, rxbebe23@aol.com, rrsarg, txcatfish, swank88, maniacman7, flynnman1f, feingarden, quinn314, joto1973, wfsl, ericplayer, batesinn, melanieh27, wildbill-az, kade2001, racinghart369, daht2, johndulicious, djgarylee, ermayellow, dobrien2@bellsouth.net, beachneedle, dkozzie@yahoo.com, velvetroses5665@yahoo.com, kuvholt, dballz77@prodigy.net, mgreenen, blaze133, mstulir, jgambie, jj999, agutkows, ljf803, freestyle-thunder, luk1980@hotmail.com, josecastillo95127@yahoo.com, arognstad, bichler@bc.edu, chrislovesbarb, mjdjf, brianandjodie, one-particular-harbor, kamqu, pcinvisions, avengnce, nnudla, mickeyblue-eyes, vidgamusky39, riccuriel, buttonsdogs, kirbyballs, emme38, butterbrown2, lbcats, moradius, xdoublejx, linx1231982, ronstoyz, brokedeven, dad2alinsean, mitchiru_jo, krstroing, turtletrevor, silestial, cva11, snoocherdog, keg316, revelsred, cheechochang, portugeseviper, coinlvr1122, wandaash, weezer105, doosavage1, catchme8, realshows, danny-primus, spooky585, ajwood2000, servicemr, morrisseyprincess, xtd1213, nasdbroker, wsull1, lisaloosmellmyshoo, emeraldcoastgyrl, ohmydee, super1super1, tkiam, ellwood5545, toys_plus, starsngarters300zx, neverland35, knightwlfx, jeffnrach11, chimmeylingo, samby71, aaronjclark17, spookyfan, bluewish23, borfious, sexy_lil_rugger1980, erica7893, moranmore, joesobota, airwalker700, gamebetty, ouaneugaine, jjt1847, real-wunz, efjcool, cell1064, customfx17, cookies1970, u4orkintwat, call_me_buggy7, vinnysdaddy, adalberto2002, jmlafroscia, qctepp, byter32, gecko_inc, missbobbi1053, ted44857, matt9290_2, seitteacher, blimp41, jerryjenner, mxsvideogamecollection, abal420, lontau627, mt653, zpacker84, andy1964blue, bourbonmike, confederate875, mbhsmh, manaknight_1, stev924, 10andre, mother2of, mother3ofz, mother4ofz, mother5ofz, mother6ofz, mother7ofz, rileygirl301, kraposo71, pg1300n, atxatx22, ponyvoid, voodoochild690, guyqqq, jleekuf, hhprom, davidmtran, conansdad, chadloganku
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5