Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay Classic Gaming Blacklist

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darkslime View Post
    Complained about game being cart only even though it was clearly stated in the description and left me a neg about it.
    Actually, I just looked at your listing and it was anything but clear. You used a stock photo which showed the outer case and your listing said it comes with cartridge. It didn't say anything about it being cartridge only. A reasonable buyer could conclude that it was the boxed game like the picture and it included the cartridge.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Actually, I just looked at your listing and it was anything but clear. You used a stock photo which showed the outer case and your listing said it comes with cartridge. It didn't say anything about it being cartridge only. A reasonable buyer could conclude that it was the boxed game like the picture and it included the cartridge.
    ebay should only allow stock photos for items the seller guarantees as new. I don't use them, prefer not to buy from people who do, and believe that a large number of "not as described" complaints stem from lazy sellers using these pristine images to sell used items and buyers who don't know what a stock photo is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fourth sentence in.

"Please note there is no box or manual included."

Sorry, but the buyer was dumb in this case.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    Fourth sentence in.

"Please note there is no box or manual included."

Sorry, but the buyer was dumb in this case.
    Well, I'm a very experienced Ebay buyer and I looked at the ad pretty closely and I didn't notice that comment, so the listing was not as clear as the seller would let on. Also, there is absolutely no justification for using a stock photo for a cartridge only listing or not putting cartridge only in the listing title.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ebay member ninjatemper.
    Won auction via BIN for my Goldstar 3DO I had listed. Buyer submitted payment via echeck, and not even for the right amount, as he did not give me time to get him a actual shipping quote, so the amount was about 10 bucks short. After denying his echeck I got him a correct invoice, and also requested he do direct funds.

Reason being is due to paypal scams involving echeck payments out of the country. Buyer informs me they will have to do a funds transfer, and it will take around 8 days. Im fine with this, and allow them this amount of time. He makes payment in 9 days time. I also included a free game not listed in the auction with the system, because I forgot to list it in its own auction and didn't feel like messing with it later.

Anyway, in my auction I listed specifically my shipping time, 3-5 business days. I shipped the system off via UPS within this time frame. The buyer just left me feedback drastically lowering my shipping time rating. When contacted about this and that I was going to have to add him to my block bidder list he told me this :

"I'm sorry you feel the need to block me from bidding on items that you list. I gave positive feedback and felt I was honest in the ratings I gave. I do appreciate the extra game you added in to make up for the payment fiasco. I just felt that if I'm paying an extra $40 for this item to the UPS delivery guy on top of the shipping charges I paid to you, it should be arriving sooner than if it had been sent via regular mail carriers. This was not the case. I wish you all the best in your future dealings and am disappointed that the option to buy from you no longer exists for me."

After replying to this and pointing out him having to pay tariffs should not be reflected or taken out on my shipping time or other ratings, he then changed his reasoning to me just taking way too long to ship, and that it wasn't right because I made him use a premium shipping service and did not ship right then after he paid. The service I used had better tracking and was about the same price as USPS, so that made no sense. Especially when he saw the shipping time policy I had listed in the auctions details, and chose to use BIN anyway after not agreeing with it.

Other witty or crazy replies from him amount to him admitting he should have rated me 5 stars, to having him blaming me for him being able to buy my item, that I should block people who cant pay right away. That and me not shipping on the specific day I told him via PM that I would, when I in fact did, which was within the 3-5 business days, and had the shipping receipts and tracking info as proof. He also stated something along the lines of me being able to have shipped faster if I had accepted his original echeck, like I would have shipped out before it had cleared, even if it was for the right amount, which it wasnt....

The guys feedback as a buyer is solid, but ebay doesn't allow sellers to really leave buyers factual negative feedback anymore if there are issues, so who knows what all other wonky escapades this guy has partaken in, and how many other sellers he has messed with. In the end, hes on my block list, and when I get to updating my website again, Ill be adding him to the buyer/seller black list on there. He may be a member on here, who has had great deals for that matter, who knows. If so, great. Just pointing out my issues with him, and that I wont be dealing with him again.
    Last edited by PC-ENGINE HELL; 02-04-2010 at 04:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I'm a very experienced Ebay buyer and I looked at the ad pretty closely and I didn't notice that comment, so the listing was not as clear as the seller would let on.
    Well, it doesn't matter if you're Pierre Omidyar. It says very clearly cart only. It's not a long and convoluted item description with 100 paragraphs. The entire description, including the "thanks for looking" line, is all of EIGHT SENTENCES. I can't believe you're arguing this. Christ, just admit you didn't read, just like the buyer.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Well, it doesn't matter if you're Pierre Omidyar. It says very clearly cart only. It's not a long and convoluted item description with 100 paragraphs. The entire description, including the "thanks for looking" line, is all of EIGHT SENTENCES. I can't believe you're arguing this. Christ, just admit you didn't read, just like the buyer.
    Even if he is right. You have to make these auctions clear as impenetrable crystal and having a crucial point burred in the middle of an eight line paragraph doesn't accomplish that.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm sorry, but anytime a seller is using a stock photo and not putting cart only in the headline description, there is some deception going on. I'll admit that I am super anal and ask lots of questions before I bid on anything, but I'm not a typical buyer. If you're gonna use a stock photo, it's not unreasonable for the buyer to assume that what is pictured in the photo is included. In this situation, the photo clearly shows an outer case. If I list a loose item on Ebay, I put in caps "Cartridge Only" in the headline and in the body, first thing. I then clarify that instructions and case are not included. Finally, I use actual photos. The seller here did none of these things and while you're right that there is a line well into the description which states the cartridge only is being sold, it just isn't clear from everything else in the listing. I agree that the seller isn't totally at fault, but his attacks on the buyer were inappropriate in light of the problems with his listing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Do yourself a favor. Avoid "ricklldoit".

Long story short, My hometown has been dealing with some serious storms lately so I've been unable to leave home. This person bought something from me on Wednesday, so I sent him a message saying that I would be unable to ship the item until the storms cleared. I offered a partial shipping refund. He wanted a -full- shipping refund. I said I was going to offer a $2 refund because "I charge $3 - $1 is for bus fare and the bubble mailer, the $2 is for postage and any extra costs come out of my own pocket."

This is what he replied:

"bus fair and storms not my problem. mail delivers rain sleet and snow. i
    dont really care about the two or three bucks refund. ill see when it gets
    here"

I'm expecting a neutral or a negative because of this. Avoid him.
    Sorry, I side with the buyer: bus fair and storms are not his problem. Neither are all the other excuses I have heard, anywhere from my cat died, to my uncle just got cancer... NOT MY PROBLEM!
    Condoleezza Rice is nice, but I prefer A Roni!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm sorry, but anytime a seller is using a stock photo and not putting cart only in the headline description, there is some deception going on. I'll admit that I am super anal and ask lots of questions before I bid on anything, but I'm not a typical buyer. If you're gonna use a stock photo, it's not unreasonable for the buyer to assume that what is pictured in the photo is included. In this situation, the photo clearly shows an outer case. If I list a loose item on Ebay, I put in caps "Cartridge Only" in the headline and in the body, first thing. I then clarify that instructions and case are not included. Finally, I use actual photos. The seller here did none of these things and while you're right that there is a line well into the description which states the cartridge only is being sold, it just isn't clear from everything else in the listing. I agree that the seller isn't totally at fault, but his attacks on the buyer were inappropriate in light of the problems with his listing.
    Digitalpress: We like to argue about nothin!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rpepper9 View Post
    Sorry, I side with the buyer: bus fair and storms are not his problem. Neither are all the other excuses I have heard, anywhere from my cat died, to my uncle just got cancer... NOT MY PROBLEM!
    I dont know, for me will just depend on how bad the weather really was, and how long the delay would be before Id blame the seller any. If I really doubted the seller, I suppose I could always google road and weather conditions in their area before I go pointing fingers. I really wouldn't expect anyone to risk their own welfare, or their cars, to hit the post office, basically doing something I know I wouldn't be doing myself. And honestly, the mail doesn't actually run in all areas during severe weather anyway, contrary to what they would like you to believe.

When I lived in Fayetteville Arkansas we got ice/sleet storms alot during the winter. On those kinda days, the mail man never ran on our block, or any near by. He would just stick to the safe streets that had no inclines. Cant really blame him. In areas here where Im at now, if the roads get flooded too bad, mail wont run in that area due to them being closed off.

Just cant be helped, mail man isnt going to wade though a lake of water, and the roads get closed down completely. Some spots and neighborhoods in my city and the one near by only have one or two ways in and out, and once they flood, the roads are way under water and people get stuck at home. We had people trapped in my city this last December during xmas due to that in fact. The high way was flooded, as were all the back roads headed out to Sherwood, Loneoke, and Cabot. The weather wasn't predicted to be that bad, so it hit everyone by surprise. People expected a bit of rain, but not massive flash flooding that was going to last days on end. Bad weather around here is always hectic too, not one of those things where we get way in advance or reliable notices.

I don't expect anyone to do what I wouldn't do myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Be aware please of Nick Morgan
    He sells all around at different forums . All the games he sells are resealed. Mostly NTSC gamecube.
    His got a machine which it does the Y fold.

Some of his ebay names are ;

skcin07
    servicegames815
    blacklungmedia1
    nick.morgan1
    nicholas_steven_morgan
    servicegames812

Username on forums at Digitpress and cheapassgamer :

Slidee

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by rpepper9 View Post
    Well, I hope you like your packages all soggy and wet. Or damaged. Or LOST.

I let the buyer know if there's any problems or delays immediately because I believe in good customer service. And because, unlike a LOT of other eBay sellers, I believe in shipping out my items -within the timeframe specified in my auctions- instead of waiting four days or more to drop something off via Media Mail. If I am unable to ship off the item within the two business days mentioned on my auctions, then I offer partial or full shipping refunds, -at my loss-, because I couldn't fulfill what I had committed to, by no fault of mine.

If a buyer doesn't care about that, well, then he has no business buying from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Go ahead and block 0redman, he claims the mario bros./duck hunt i sent him is "broken" when i tested it out before selling it. Then I offer him a refund if he returns it but he lies and says I didn't and then negative reps me.

Can anyone tell me how to report this to ebay and possibly get it removed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can't and they won't.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I haven't actually looked at the process in a number of years, but is it actually gone? It was very well hidden, but there used to be a link to appealing feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Unless it contains naughty words.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...ithdrawal.html

I remember it could be appealed a while back; I did so myself.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Unless it contains naughty words.
    Ebay now self-censors, so you can't even submit the feedback form with any word even remotely a cuss. I wanted to call someone a lying scumbag a few months ago, and they won't even allow that. If you do find a way around it, yeah, they'll remove that, but I don't think that comes up too often.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy Color View Post
    I haven't actually looked at the process in a number of years, but is it actually gone? It was very well hidden, but there used to be a link to appealing feedback.
    It's in the same place it always was, but they won't remove a feedback simply because the seller says the buyer lied. The feedback actually needs to violate an ebay policy as seen here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...k-removal.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

hdawn125

This fuck bought a game from me, and then reversed the payment after I sent. And he doesn't have a confirmed address so I'm fucked.

BAN HIS ASS ASAP.