Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay Classic Gaming Blacklist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gapporin View Post
    I may have acted wrongly, I don't know.
    Nope. That's pretty dumb, but such is life selling on ebay. You can't please everyone, no matter how hard you try. If it makes you feel any better, I got negged on July 9 by a Canadian who paid on the 4th of July. The item hadn't arrived yet. Clearly my b.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In defense of save*exchange, it seems he/she doesn't usually give out negative feedback.

On the other hand, take a look at the negative feedback they've received as a seller.... Deceptive much?

(Left for a dress.)
    "Did not receive what I paid for...(sz 12 was stapled to a size 6 to deceive)"

If I were you I'd check the phone you get back as soon you can. This person *might* try to pull the ol' switcheroo on you. I had some friends that sold a Laserdisc player, the buyer told them it didn't work, and then sent them back a completely different unit.

And one more thing, I think the worst thing about eBay is having to deal with the crazies that pop up every once in a while. A couple months ago I sold some gold, and my scale mismeasured the amount (somehow). Instead of it being 8 grams it was 7.85! (At the time .15 grams was about $3 worth) The buyer messaged me and threatened to leave me negative unless I bought a new scale. I offered her a refund and she ignored me and left negative! Argh.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

skyrangergames

ok. i am tired from this dumb fuck. ignorant. does not care a bit if sends you shit.
    But in May i won an assload of pc games, some novels and guides from him. Paid 150$ for shipping alone.
    He marked as "shipped" on May 20.
    Did not provide ANY tracking even though it must have gone priority for sure.If it did....
    ====

We don't put tracking on our packages or save customs forms.

-skyrangergames

=

And some months ago when he sent me games he gave me priority tracking.

Well. I was on vacation and forgot to proceed with the refund and claim. Deadline.
    So it's 2 months have passed and no parcel and no money. fuck this.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback
    Last edited by Dark_Sol; 07-22-2010 at 01:47 PM.
    OWNER: http://www.sealedvideogames.net
    My Rpg Collection
    Always looking for FACTORY SEALED snes and sega and psx RPG's.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

In the continuing saga of save*exchange, she sent back the package for a full refund. In it was one single Bluetooth headset. That's it. It may be wishful thinking on my part, but she can kiss my butt if she thinks she's going to get one red cent out of me.
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

@Gapporin - Reasons like that are why I now record myself packing every valuable item (over $20) that I sell.

I also record myself unpacking every item I receive that's under $20.

If there's any problems, videos easily go on YouTube for eBay Customer Support to view.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gapporin View Post
    In the continuing saga of save*exchange, she sent back the package for a full refund. In it was one single Bluetooth headset. That's it. It may be wishful thinking on my part, but she can kiss my butt if she thinks she's going to get one red cent out of me.
    Yep, you're clearly being scammed now. If there's a pending dispute, I'd call (not email) Paypal immediately and tell them what happened. You're supposed to send EVERYTHING back to get a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaruff View Post
    @Gapporin - Reasons like that are why I now record myself packing every valuable item (over $20) that I sell.

I also record myself unpacking every item I receive that's under $20.

If there's any problems, videos easily go on YouTube for eBay Customer Support to view.
    Good lord man, how much free time do you have? I ship out ~20 items/day and I couldn't imagine spending that much time on recording/editing/uploading. I get stupid disputes like that about .5% of the time, and I'd rather deal with ten times as many than deal with video nonsense.

Not to mention that recording yourself opening a package doesn't prove anything. I could put my cat in a box, seal and mark it up so it looks legit, open it a second later with the camera on and say "OH MY GOD THEY MAILED ME A CAT, REFUND PLZ!" Has ebay/Paypal *ever* considered video evidence like this in terms of a dispute? Not to my knowledge.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Well, I don't ship out nearly that many, perhaps 1-5 per week. Like I said, I only do it with valuable items such as the refurbished PS3 systems I sell. It really doesn't take additional time; I'm going to pack the item anyway so I might as well record myself doing so. I don't bother with editing/uploading unless there's a reason, which so far I haven't had. Plus, with the refurbished consoles, it's also something to show UPS if the need for an insurance claim ever arises.

Now, I have used picture evidence through the Resolution Center before and it worked for me (as a buyer). I don't see why a video wouldn't have the same effect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Add frodobaggins82 to the list. I sold him this factory sealed strategy guide. He opened a case against me today saying the following:

Details provided by the buyer:
    The buyer said the item doesn't match your description
    The buyer has tried contacting you
    The buyer paid on Aug 02, 2010
    The buyer contacted you through eBay Messages
    The buyer has not received a response
    The buyer is expecting a solution from you
    The buyer said the item is damaged
    The buyer wanted:
    A full refund
    The feedback he left me said that the book bind was broken upon delivery. So lets pretend that this actually did happen. He could have contacted me, sent the item back and got a refund that way. But if you look at the case details above it says that he did try to contact me and that he never received a response back from me. Well, thats probably because he never actually tried to contact me. How do I know? Well, besides for there being no messages in my inbox from him, I actually put his tracking number in at usps.com. He received his item this morning.

I responded to the case and put my side in but ebay still issued him a full refund. I then had a very lengthy chat with one of their reps via chat to make sure they atleast look into taking some kind of action against him. Atleast they didn't take it(the refund) from my account(they decided neither of us was at fault) but he got a free guide out of it. I know the guide is only $5 but this guy is definitely a scam artist. Make sure to add him to your block list.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    Good lord man, how much free time do you have? I ship out ~20 items/day
    My goodness, I wish that happens to me one day! Lot's of work, but it will be worth it in the long run!

BTW, still prepping everything for this week.

Kinda funny, but I think I will be adding every use listed on this topic to my BBL.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    "Details provided by the buyer:
    The buyer said the item doesn't match your description
    The buyer has tried contacting you
    The buyer paid on Aug 02, 2010
    The buyer contacted you through eBay Messages
    The buyer has not received a response
    The buyer is expecting a solution from you
    The buyer said the item is damaged
    The buyer wanted:
    A full refund "
    Yeah, a lot of the time, when a buyer files a dispute, they click every check box available, which leads to all of that nonsense.

He wants you to mail a strategy guide in a box? WTF?? I've mailed hundreds upon hundreds of guides and books of similar size in a simple brown envelope and I've never had a problem. I can't even imagine how it would get so mangled, the binding breaks. It's not a hardcover book from 1850.

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    Kinda funny, but I think I will be adding every use listed on this topic to my BBL.
    That's the whole point of this thread. I do the same, except for the rare instances here where the buyer wasn't at fault.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default eBay user 2386pete

I have never dealt with this guy on DP but I did deal with him on eBay. Here's what happened:

So I guess most people are used to dealing with a lot of dipshits if selling on eBay. It's just a fact of eBay life. But every once in a while someone comes along who is so idiotic it amazes you. Currently this person is eBay user 2386pete. Unfortunately this person seems to have come across my auctions from right here at DP. What started as a simple complaint turned into an annoying joke. So it begins...

I sold this person a Sega CD game recently. The case was in rough condition so I listed it as being "acceptable", eBay's lowest condition rating. So the person gets the game and then they message me saying the condition "acceptable" is confusing and not specific enough. Still being civil at this point, I get back to him saying "Acceptable is the lowest condition rating eBay provides. eBay's definition of acceptable says that the item has obvious and significant wear. Not only that, an actual picture of the game was provided at the bottom of the listing".

He gets back to me insisting that no actual picture was provided. Anyone who has seen my auctions for the last 6 years knows there is always an actual picture of every boxed and complete game I sell. Not only that, the DP thread advertising the auctions also has pictures of the actual items. But I was still trying to be nice and I guessed it was possible that someone could have somehow missed both sets of pictures. To make things even a bit more complicated, those pictures have been taken down and I have uploaded pictures of my current auctions to the server which I explained to him.

That's when he started to get nasty and sent me this message:

Dear secretsintherocks,

What is true is that you are a scammer. There was never an actual pic, and to say you took it down is the most stupid thing I have ever heard.
    The correct way to describe this game would have been:
    Rise of the Dragon for Sega CD. Game is as-is and untested. There is damage/chips to jewel case. With an actual pic, not the stock version you posted in the description.
    I thought I would give you a chance, but you are ethier a liar or have the mental capacity of a 5 year old. Maybe...Maybe if I was the only one who had complained I would question this. You have MANY complaints (my fault for not checking prior)similar to mine.
    FYI..Your retorts to the other complaints are childish and make no excuse for your actions.

- 2386pete

After seeing this message I realized the extent of this eBay user's madness. In his mind he can't even imagine that he made a mistake and somehow missed the large 800x600 pictures of the actual items. And he also can't imagine why someone would take old pictures down and put new ones in their place. Apparently it's the "most stupid thing he has ever heard". He also references the "many complaints" similar to his. Well he's right about that, there are a lot of dipshits out there and when you sell thousands upon thousands of games a year you will come in contact with them. People like 2386pete really need to OPEN their EYES. I can see how someone could contend that eBay's newish rating system could be more accurate. But to assert that I don't put pictures of the actual items in my auctions is ludicrous. That's why 2386pete is "The Ultimate Douche Bag". I have banned him from all current and future auctions, I suggest anyone who wants to avoid such a sociopath does the same.

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I was finally able to resolve my issue with eastcoastergamer and everything is OK now. It turns out that they had recieved a similar item from another seller the day before my item arrived, and they weren't aware their child had bought the similar item on their account, so they assumed the unmarked package from the other seller was actually the package I sent. Or so that's the story anyway, but at least now I don't believe this user was actually trying to scam me as I had previously thought, since they helped me get all the issues resolved.

(edited to reflect changes in the situation)
    Last edited by Iron Draggon; 08-14-2010 at 05:05 PM.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    raymondlyd
    PSN
    soniccd

i sold a big lot of busted ps2 on ebay the buyer say's the consoles are broken and not useable i won this case he tryed it i cant remmber the buyer sorry i blocked him from buying from me and even tryed to sell a sat nav
    never again too much hassle with some buyers.
    i block buyers that try all the tricks i log all serial numbers if i where you and take pictures to show ebay if any one else try's it again

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon View Post
    DO NOT SELL ANYTHING TO EBAY MEMBER eastcoastgamer! THIS PIECE OF WORK FILED AN "ITEM SIGNIFICANTLY NOT AS DESCRIBED" CLAIM AGAINST ME AFTER RECIEVING MY NEW/SEALED GAMEBOY PLAYER FOR GAMECUBE. HE SAID IT NOT ONLY WASN'T SEALED, IT MOST CERTAINLY WASN'T NEW, AND HE CLAIMS TO HAVE PICTURES TO PROVE IT TO EBAY & PAYPAL. WELL I'M SURE YOU CAN ALL GUESS HOW THE SCAM HE'S TRYING TO PULL ON ME WORKS: OBTAIN A USED GAMEBOY PLAYER IN POOR CONDITION AND THEN BUY A NEW/SEALED ONE FROM SOMEONE ON EBAY, THEN AFTER THE NEW ONE ARRIVES IN THE MAIL SWEAR UP AND DOWN THAT IT WASN'T NEW AS DESCRIBED BUT WAS INSTEAD A USED ONE IN POOR CONDITION. TAKE PICS TO "PROVE" THAT YOU RECIEVED A WORN-OUT ONE, GET A REFUND FROM EBAY/PAYPAL FOR YOUR TROUBLE, AND KEEP THE NEW ONE FOR FREE. THE SELLER HAS NO WAY TO PROVE THAT YOUR WORN OUT ITEM ISN'T THE SAME NEW ITEM THAT HE SOLD YOU, UNLESS HE HAS SOME WAY OF DISTINGUISHING HIS ITEM FROM YOUR ITEM THAT'S IDENTICAL IN EVERY WAY EXCEPT FOR THE OBVIOUS DIFFERENCES IN CONDITION. IN OTHER WORDS, THIS IS HOW YOU GET SELLERS TO SEND YOU ANYTHING YOU WANT TO SCREW THEM OUT OF AND GET TO KEEP IT ALL FOR FREE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

heavymetalsyndicate as of now is a non paying bidder on a large sega game lot I had posted. Won item lot on 9/04/10, and went with no contact until 9/9/10. Winner of auction stated they would submit payment by 9/10/10. No payment received. Non-paying bidder claim opened, if buyer pays will update status to reflect that.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd add something_classy to the list. Here is my exchange with this jerk note the fact that both exchanges were hours apart and was done via "ask a question" Item is a loose as is HIT-0400 Dreamcast BBA just to remove any ambiguity and he didn't buy the unit which is still for sale at this time.

Dear finalfantasyfan-1,
    I see the broadband adapter is as-is, used, twice as expensive as a brand new bba, and unreturnable. Nice! Let me know if you fix the return policy and the price. Thanks!
    - something_classy

Dear something_classy,
    My prices are based on other sales of the same product in comparable condition. Most other sellers don't accept returns either or are selling at grossly overinflated prices. (ie $180-$200) Therefore I do not intend to change my policy or price.
    - finalfantasyfan-1

Dear finalfantasyfan-1,
    Ahh, that does explain why you wouldn't accept returns. Because other people, none that I have come across btw, don't do it. Let me know if you get up to speed before no one bids and the auction ends, and I'll be happy to buy
    - something_classy

Dear something_classy,
    Take your business elsewhere if you are so un-happy. I have never offered returns and never had a problem. You have been added to my blocklist because you seem to have a serious issue complaining about the same "problem". If someone else really has a serious problem with my policy i don't mind people asking about it if it closes the deal but I DON"T WANT to sell to YOU because you have been incredibly rude in both rants
    - finalfantasyfan-1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Toki,

He seems to be a bit cocky, and I completely understand you not selling to him. It may pretty much end up being a disaster.

However, I need to point out a few things, a bit of constructive criticism, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokimemofan View Post
    Most other sellers don't accept returns either or are selling at grossly overinflated prices. (ie $180-$200) Therefore I do not intend to change my policy or price.
    Your item price is definitely comparable to others that are currently available or that were previously available. You state that others have inflated their prices. I was checking your listing and saw your shipping price:

Shipping: $20.00 Standard Shipping

Don't you think that's a tad high for something that will cost around $5 or less to ship? This could be a deterrent to possible future sales, as many can see this amount as overly excessive. In fact, another seller is offering the BBA at around the same price with $5.50 shipping:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sega-Dreamcast-B...item2a0be663a2

Yes, it has a BIN of $120, but a bid price of $100. With patience, the item can be won for $100 with $5.50 shipping.

EDIT: Yes, I know you state UPS as your shipping method. I know this is why shipping is a little higher. I checked online and from California to New York, shipping is less than $12. So $20 is still a tad to high.

You have all right to charge what you would like for shipping. But remember that some may see this as "fee avoidance" due to excessive shipping. Also, since it's high, possible potential sales may slip by because of this. Finally, the high price is a "negative feedback magnet", since a buyer can receive the item and complained that they paid 2x-4x higher for shipping.

At least for me, it's not worth the potential headache to deal with a buyer like that, so I place my shipping costs at exact costs. This is my opinion, by the way.

I have never offered returns and never had a problem.
    Unfortunately, if you accept Paypal, you accept returns. Even though your TOS says differently, Paypal TOS trump your TOS and buyers have 45 days to file a claim. And if they file a SNAD claim, you will be forced to accept a return. It's unfair, but that's the "new" Ebay.
    Last edited by megasdkirby; 11-22-2010 at 08:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So..... exactly WHY should I block this guy?

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    Toki,

He seems to be a bit cocky, and I completely understand you not selling to him. It may pretty much end up being a disaster.

However, I need to point out a few things, a bit of constructive criticism, if you will.

Your item price is definitely comparable to others that are currently available or that were previously available. You state that others have inflated their prices. I was checking your listing and saw your shipping price:

Shipping: $20.00 Standard Shipping

Don't you think that's a tad high for something that will cost around $5 or less to ship? This could be a deterrent to possible future sales, as many can see this amount as overly excessive. In fact, another seller is offering the BBA at around the same price with $5.50 shipping:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sega-Dreamcast-B...item2a0be663a2

Yes, it has a BIN of $120, but a bid price of $100. With patience, the item can be won for $100 with $5.50 shipping.

EDIT: Yes, I know you state UPS as your shipping method. I know this is why shipping is a little higher. I checked online and from California to New York, shipping is less than $12. So $20 is still a tad to high.

You have all right to charge what you would like for shipping. But remember that some may see this as "fee avoidance" due to excessive shipping. Also, since it's high, possible potential sales may slip by because of this. Finally, the high price is a "negative feedback magnet", since a buyer can receive the item and complained that they paid 2x-4x higher for shipping.

At least for me, it's not worth the potential headache to deal with a buyer like that, so I place my shipping costs at exact costs. This is my opinion, by the way.

Unfortunately, if you accept Paypal, you accept returns. Even though your TOS says differently, Paypal TOS trump your TOS and buyers have 45 days to file a claim. And if they file a SNAD claim, you will be forced to accept a return. It's unfair, but that's the "new" Ebay.

I did not set $20 shipping, That is a surcharge for Alaska and Hawaii and Puerto Rico (Which is why you are seeing that) where UPS charges are just astronomical and that $20 would probably cover only about 1/3 of my expenses. I always set a surcharge so that I don't end up spending money trying to get rid of something. For everyone else in the US shipping is free. It's a bit better than just blocking those users entirely. I also am rather understanding if someone has a problem after a package has arrived. I just want people to think for an extra second and make sure they know what they are getting instead of using the "I didn't read, return please?" excuse.

One thing that bothers me about this guy is the fact that his rant was completely unprovoked and he singled me out specifically. Was I just a convenient target? My primary reason for blocking him is that I need to sell this and can't afford to deal with the fallout if that guy chose the mutually assured destruction route on this one. (ie buying it just to give negative feedback, or worse filing a report to scam me)

Of course that PayPal thing is a ***** but is a necessary evil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Holy crap, it's a semi-snarky email. SOUND THE ALARMS. Who cares? His "rant" is all of 50 total words over two messages.

Quit using UPS and you won't have to charge some insane $20 fee for those three areas. Shipping via USPS there is roughly the same as mailing something two streets away (unless you're mailing something huge).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    Quit using UPS and you won't have to charge some insane $20 fee for those three areas. Shipping via USPS there is roughly the same as mailing something two streets away (unless you're mailing something huge).
    I recommend this too. Just now I have an idiot refusing to send to me (PR) because his stated shipping was for "US and Canda Only". Funny thing is, he is shipping parcel posts and asks $9.92 for "Economy Shipping", which is Parcel Post (which is also stated). He wants me to send an EXTRA $10 to "cover shipping". What a complete idiot. Oh, and instead of responding via Ebay Messaging, he sends me an email. This is what he writes:

"the shipping was based on US bidders only

I cannot ship this item to you unless you add another 10 dollars for shipping. if you want i can refund your money"

Knowing all too well I need proof, I send him my response via Ebay Messaging. I told him about PR not being international, that it is a classic misconception, blah blah. I told him to use my zip code and to check online via USPS website to see that I was telling the truth. Hell, I even sent him the direct link with prices:

http://postcalc.usps.gov/MailService...Time=8:00%20AM

I even offered to send an extra $2 for Flat Rate Priority Mail. One would think that this is all the proof one needs to see that I am telling the truth, right? Well, to the majority of sellers it is...but there are a special few out there that, even with concrete evidence, they still deny it!

Let's see what happens. If the seller refuses for whatever reason...I smell a neg coming...and a complaining seller trying to make me change feedback.