Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay Classic Gaming Blacklist

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    Holy crap, it's a semi-snarky email. SOUND THE ALARMS. Who cares? His "rant" is all of 50 total words over two messages.

Quit using UPS and you won't have to charge some insane $20 fee for those three areas. Shipping via USPS there is roughly the same as mailing something two streets away (unless you're mailing something huge).
    I don't use USPS because around here they like squeeze, bend and mutilate packages to put it in the mailbox or drop the box on the porch rather than make a proper delivery, UPS did manage to run a truck over a camera that I RMAd but insurance covered it (That was what Polaroid said!) but they have yet to screw me. I have considered DHL though.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Tokimemofan View Post
    I don't use USPS because around here they like squeeze, bend and mutilate packages to put it in the mailbox or drop the box on the porch rather than make a proper delivery, UPS did manage to run a truck over a camera that I RMAd but insurance covered it (That was what Polaroid said!) but they have yet to screw me. I have considered DHL though.
    Well, just because your local mailmen are utter morons doesn't mean the ones who will deliver the mail to your customer will be.

I usually avoid anyone who ships via UPS. It's way too expensive and I don't want to deal with their crap about my address not being valid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

...or drop the box on the porch rather than make a proper delivery...
    How is this not a proper delivery? Unless it's raining or you live in East St. Louis, what's the problem?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    How is this not a proper delivery? Unless it's raining or you live in East St. Louis, what's the problem?
    I think the problem is that the postman doesn't give the package to someone. He just leaves it. UPS does that too. If he wants someone to sign for it, there's always Signature Confirmation...
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I think the problem is that the postman doesn't give the package to someone. He just leaves it. UPS does that too. If he wants someone to sign for it, there's always Signature Confirmation...
    I know, that's what I'm saying. That is standard protocol for ALL delivery services unless a signature is required. It's up to the carrier to make a judgment call to leave a notice if it's bad weather with no porch/awning, or if you live in a terrible area with lots of mail theft (thus my East St. Louis remark).

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You both misunderstand they DROP it literally I have had several packages with smashed corners. For 99% of people I eat the shipping costs which are usually between $10 and $25, I refuse to eat a $40+ total, people make the choice to live in an expensive place and they can pick another one that doesn't tack on those fees I tend to sell things that are not easy to simply send along another one if there is a problem.

BTW something_classy did apologize so I withdraw him from this list.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Strange, I've never had a box just tossed on my deck or something. If I'm not home, a note gets left.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

You both misunderstand they DROP it literally I have had several packages with smashed corners. For 99% of people I eat the shipping costs which are usually between $10 and $25, I refuse to eat a $40+ total, people make the choice to live in an expensive place and they can pick another one that doesn't tack on those fees I tend to sell things that are not easy to simply send along another one if there is a problem.

BTW something_classy did apologize so I withdraw him from this list.
    This is why I use boxes that are one or two inches bigger than the stuff I'm sending.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I've rarely had banged up boxes, but it does occur every now and then. A box at least an inch bigger than the actual item on all sides, places with bubble wrap, helps maintain the items intergrity for the most part. Really fragile items....I usually use a bix at least double the size of the item with lots of bubble wrapping or peanuts.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Add kennylondonontario to your lists. I received a negative feedback from him. He wanted to return a mario party 3 I sold him because it has get this, a scratch on the sticker and " the cart rattles". After he told me this I let him know that it's going to be awhile before I can get him a return address since I just moved. Three days later he leaves me this feedback.

"Item was severely damaged, and seller made empty promises of a return. STAY AWAY"

Here's the item in question, at the very worst it was a "good condition" cartridge. I swear, some people.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=380280295483

PS: what's the procedure for getting negative feedback lifted? Would there be anything I could do?
    Last edited by wingzrow; 11-25-2010 at 03:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    Add kennylondonontario to your lists.
    A terrible Canadian buyer? WELL I NEVER

PS: what's the procedure for getting negative feedback lifted? Would there be anything I could do?
    You won't be able to get that "lifted," as in, ebay won't remove it themselves. You may be able to convince the buyer to remove it himself, but it will likely cost more than it's worth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    Add kennylondonontario to your lists.
    Looking at his feedback left, he seems to he a pain in the ass. Not one feedback he left was positive, but instead negative (two of them) and neutral (one of them). No positives whatsoever.

Under these circumstances, and reading previous cases (some of friends), there might be something you can do, though it's a long shot. Since the buyer not once has given positive feedback, it may show that the buyer him/herself has problems and not the sellers he/she rates.

Contact Ebay a few times and you might get someone kind enough to remove it. Say something like "malicious bidding" or something like that. At least for two cases I know personally (two friends of mine), this has worked. Though be warned: at first the representatives would deny your request so continue at it a few times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, just tried sending a request to eBay. I hope this works. I'm already at 99.5% because of things like this . How long does it take for bad feedback to rotate out anyway?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Feedback % is based off of the last 12 months

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have another asshole to report. Add collector20102603 to the list. For people who have read the "problems with shipping to Mexico/Canda" threads you will recall that I said I've only had one package go missing to Canada and I've always had a funny feeling about that. But as it turns out the package was never "lost", just lied about.

One year ago I sent two factory sealed Legend of Zelda GBA games to Canada. I sent them to a guy in Canada named Bender23302008. And today I saw them listed on ebay. The guy changed his screen name and is now selling the games he lied about never receiving.

Some might think that this is a coincidence but theres further proof: I got Zelda II from Circuit City and it had the price sticker in the same spot. I tried linking the original auction but ebay has purged it from their system. I still have the original emails this liar kept sending telling me week after week the game didn't arrive.

This is why I now require tracking numbers on everything because of people like this. I know it's been a full year since this incident but is there anything I can do as far as reporting him to ebay? What do you think Ryborg?
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"collector20102603" doesn't show up as a valid person to block. Guess his account got deleted?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I can see it just fine. It's still active.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, that is some story. I would imagine that ebay/Paypal wouldn't do much, but you never know. It's worth a shot. Do you happen to have the original photos of your copies of the games? That would certainly help.

If they don't do anything and you're 100% certain those are your games, I'm not openly suggesting eye-for-an-eye internet justice, but I'd root for you to get your money/games back. Keep us updated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    I have another asshole to report. Add collector20102603 to the list. For people who have read the "problems with shipping to Mexico/Canda" threads you will recall that I said I've only had one package go missing to Canada and I've always had a funny feeling about that. But as it turns out the package was never "lost", just lied about.

One year ago I sent two factory sealed Legend of Zelda GBA games to Canada. I sent them to a guy in Canada named Bender23302008. And today I saw them listed on ebay. The guy changed his screen name and is now selling the games he lied about never receiving.

Some might think that this is a coincidence but theres further proof: I got Zelda II from Circuit City and it had the price sticker in the same spot. I tried linking the original auction but ebay has purged it from their system. I still have the original emails this liar kept sending telling me week after week the game didn't arrive.

This is why I now require tracking numbers on everything because of people like this. I know it's been a full year since this incident but is there anything I can do as far as reporting him to ebay? What do you think Ryborg?
    Oh my Paul. I can't believe I'm actually going to say this but....this story may actually have a happy ending. After I made the above post last night I wrote the seller this message thru ebay:

I sold you these games a year ago and you lied and said they never showed up because I didn't have a tracking number. But it is the exact same item down to the exact price tag in the exact location. I have reported you to both ebay and paypal. They will be contacting you soon and I will be contacting your local authority once I find out the specific one in your province. Changing your user name from bendor to collector won't save you from your fraud.

Your only recourse at this time is to pay for the items you stole from me(by lying about them not arriving) or by returning them. But I will still go thru the proper channels of ebay.
    And this was his response that I received when I got home today:

Im not liing the item is never arrived , but 3 month after buy them i received pacakage and when open them , it's the game im really surprise . anyway this is the real true fact i received them many time after buying and i forgot i much and wich is person i buy it ... but i know i received them really long time after buying ...

- collector20102603

So he admitted that he received my games and never sent payment for them after the refund(this is of course assuming he actually received them later than a month and wasn't lying the entire time). It might have seemed like a done deal but I had some more work to do.

I called ebay's customer service number today(two times) and after being on hold for extended wait periods I called paypal to try them instead. After running thru all of their automated answers I was then redirected to ebay and after waiting for about 15 minutes I finally got ahold of an actual live person. I told her the whole story but then I had to "prove" I was telling the truth, which wouldn't be easy because this happened a year ago and the item transaction no longer showed up. But there's another way that ebay can do a search: feedback left. The buyer left feedback saying(of all things) that the item never arrived and that he was refunded for the transaction. Now that we had proof of the original transaction I gave her the paypal transaction number that showed that he paid me for the item and then was refunded a month later(this was crucial because he never filled a case against me but after a month had passed and he said they still didn't arrive I agreed to refund him). Then I had to give her the auction link with my games he's selling. Finally, she went into my messages and read the above message he sent. So that was everything they needed for the Trust and Safety team to start their investigation, although she already told me that the outcome will be him having to return my games(or resubmit payment) or get banned. And his account has been flagged so they will be watching all of his future transactions.

I also had the original messages he sent saying the items never arrived but she didn't need to see those. Everything else I provided was sufficent enough evidence for my case. And I suppose it's a good thing I saw them last night because those original messages and the paypal transaction details expire in a year. So now all I have to do is wait for them to message me in a few days with the final outcome.

Atleast now I can say I never had any packages lost in the mail, except for a strategy guide I sent to Hawaii without tracking. I'm sure that one arrived too but it was only worth $5 so it's no big deal. Anyway, along with them starting a case they will be messaging the seller(if they haven't already) so I will keep you guys updated with what happens. I'm just glad I had enough proof to get the ball rolling.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 12-31-2010 at 12:19 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Good to hear, 1 2!

He dug his own grave with his comment. And I'm glad he did, too.

He also pulled the listing.

I have a feeling you will get your money back. I hope everything pans out in the end.