Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay Classic Gaming Blacklist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Oh my Paul. I can't believe I'm actually going to say this but....this story may actually have a happy ending. After I made the above post last night I wrote the seller this message thru ebay:

And this was his response that I received when I got home today:

So he admitted that he received my games and never sent payment for them after the refund(this is of course assuming he actually received them later than a month and wasn't lying the entire time). It might have seemed like a done deal but I had some more work to do.

I called ebay's customer service number today(two times) and after being on hold for extended wait periods I called paypal to try them instead. After running thru all of their automated answers I was then redirected to ebay and after waiting for about 15 minutes I finally got ahold of an actual live person. I told her the whole story but then I had to "prove" I was telling the truth, which wouldn't be easy because this happened a year ago and the item transaction no longer showed up. But there's another way that ebay can do a search: feedback left. The buyer left feedback saying(of all things) that the item never arrived and that he was refunded for the transaction. Now that we had proof of the original transaction I gave her the paypal transaction number that showed that he paid me for the item and then was refunded a month later(this was crucial because he never filled a case against me but after a month had passed and he said they still didn't arrive I agreed to refund him). Then I had to give her the auction link with my games he's selling. Finally, she went into my messages and read the above message he sent. So that was everything they needed for the Trust and Safety team to start their investigation, although she already told me that the outcome will be him having to return my games(or resubmit payment) or get banned. And his account has been flagged so they will be watching all of his future transactions.

I also had the original messages he sent saying the items never arrived but she didn't need to see those. Everything else I provided was sufficent enough evidence for my case. And I suppose it's a good thing I saw them last night because those original messages and the paypal transaction details expire in a year. So now all I have to do is wait for them to message me in a few days with the final outcome.

Atleast now I can say I never had any packages lost in the mail, except for a strategy guide I sent to Hawaii without tracking. I'm sure that one arrived too but it was only worth $5 so it's no big deal. Anyway, along with them starting a case they will be messaging the seller(if they haven't already) so I will keep you guys updated with what happens. I'm just glad I had enough proof to get the ball rolling.
    Wow, just wow. That is an amazing outcome. I have to say, I've been pretty happy with PayPal/eBay lately. Everything has gone my way with them lately.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fierceproducts of eBay. He sells many games, I saw him selling an e3 Dragonquest IX Set with the Poster, T Shirt, and stickers I believe a while ago and I offered him I think 30$ when he has it listed for 50. Never sent items, kept putting me on hold saying that he sent them. This guy is a moron. He was just trying to drag me along to the 45 day period where ebay no longer covered me. Avoid this buyer at all costs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse612 View Post
    He was just trying to drag me along to the 45 day period where ebay no longer covered me. Avoid this buyer at all costs.
    I hope you filed a case before those 45 days were up.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Atleast now I can say I never had any packages lost in the mail, except for a strategy guide I sent to Hawaii without tracking. I'm sure that one arrived too but it was only worth $5 so it's no big deal. Anyway, along with them starting a case they will be messaging the seller(if they haven't already) so I will keep you guys updated with what happens. I'm just glad I had enough proof to get the ball rolling.
    And just like that my games arrived in the mail today. They are still in the same condition but for some weird ass reason he tore the $4.99 clearance price tag off of the second game. The other price tag is still there but he shouldn't have touched either. Anyway, this is one of the rare times that ebay finally did the right thing for a seller instead of a buyer. So I suppose theres still hope for the rest of us.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

Add "mxrb" to your buyer block lists! He bid on my Final Fantasy VII auction multiple times and eventually won. He wouldn't respond to my emails and never paid in the 8 days I waited. Not sure if this guy is a troll or what; he registered last January and has not received feedback at all.

This is a first for me! I've never had a troublesome buyer before.

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    And just like that my games arrived in the mail today. They are still in the same condition but for some weird ass reason he tore the $4.99 clearance price tag off of the second game. The other price tag is still there but he shouldn't have touched either. Anyway, this is one of the rare times that ebay finally did the right thing for a seller instead of a buyer. So I suppose theres still hope for the rest of us.
    What an awesome story of "eBay Justice!" Almost too perfect, even.
    I was able to smooth over some trouble a seller gave me back in 2008, and I almost got him in a similar manner.
    Probably should have now that I look back on it....
    Last edited by Kyle15; 01-16-2011 at 09:06 PM.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

Member tckenno recently filed a case against me and won ( eBay siding with the customer? Unheard of! )

Apparently posting a listing of a replacement wii case with 5 pictures in HD, none of which are of a disc, and then listing the case under CASES, with a description that says " NO GAME INCLUDED under the disc's description is shady.

Lesson learned. I'm going to put CASE ONLY in all my listings for replacement cases from now on.
    Last edited by wingzrow; 01-31-2011 at 11:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

Member tckenno recently filed a case against me and won ( eBay siding with the customer? Unheard of! )

Apparently posting a listing of a replacement wii case with 5 pictures in HD, none of which are of a disc, and then listing the case under CASES, with a description that says " NO GAME INCLUDED under the disc's description is shady.

Lesson learned. I'm going to put CASE ONLY in all my listings for replacement cases from now on.
    It took me two views thru your listing before I saw the "no game included", mainly because I was looking for them to be written in a casual description kind of way. But it's still there so the only thing I would suggest is to put it in the title as well, or at the very least the subtitle. You'll still get idiots that complain but atleast this way you'll be covering all your bases.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The buyer is definitely dumb, but this sort of thing is going to happen occasionally when you sell stuff like this. People don't read. Even if you put "NO GAME -- CASE ONLY" in huge red size 64 flashing letters, there's still a small chance some moron will buy it and expect a game. Happens to me all the time and Paypal/ebay will always side with the buyer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    The buyer is definitely dumb, but this sort of thing is going to happen occasionally when you sell stuff like this. People don't read. Even if you put "NO GAME -- CASE ONLY" in huge red size 64 flashing letters, there's still a small chance some moron will buy it and expect a game. Happens to me all the time and Paypal/ebay will always side with the buyer.
    Correct.

Even if you put it in the title, it won't matter. Buyers on Ebay can be dumb fucks.

Bregames is one that puts a JINGLE whenever a page is opening (kinda catchy, actually) stating that the game is NOT included. And they STILL get negged by stupid morons. Here is a sample:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GameCube-Legend-...item45efae8584

And look at some of the negatives:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...s=negative_365

Lot's of buyers to add to the BBL, though!
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Aaaaand I'm at 99.3% now because of the negative feedback he left me. I love eBay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Aaaaand I'm at 99.3% now because of the negative feedback he left me. I love eBay.
    It could be worse. A friend of mine has been unable to post more than 10 items a month on his main account due to a rash of negative feedback more ridiculous than yours. Two people left negs when the item didn't arrive in five days (on a holiday weekend of all things). One was a person who demanded a different size AFTER he made the purchase, paid and received it (my friend didn't have the size he wanted). One was from a multiple-item order where the buyer said items were missing (untrue). The last was some idiot out of the blue saying "NOT COOL" and nothing else. Clearly my friend is a terrible seller and should be suspended.

Unless you're losing privileges or discounts, feedback is pretty much irrelevant.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

It could be worse. A friend of mine has been unable to post more than 10 items a month on his main account due to a rash of negative feedback more ridiculous than yours. Two people left negs when the item didn't arrive in five days (on a holiday weekend of all things). One was a person who demanded a different size AFTER he made the purchase, paid and received it (my friend didn't have the size he wanted). One was from a multiple-item order where the buyer said items were missing (untrue). The last was some idiot out of the blue saying "NOT COOL" and nothing else. Clearly my friend is a terrible seller and should be suspended.

Unless you're losing privileges or discounts, feedback is pretty much irrelevant.
    Feedback used to have more meaning, when buyers actively clawed through a sellers negatives before clicking bid. But that time seems to have passed, for the most part.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy Color View Post
    Feedback used to have more meaning, when buyers actively clawed through a sellers negatives before clicking bid. But that time seems to have passed, for the most part.
    While true, I think it's irrelevant for a different reason. As a buyer, a seller's feedback doesn't mean much, unless it's especially terrible. I'm willing to take a risk buying an item from a seller with sub-par feedback because I know if something isn't right, I can always get my money back. Just because a seller doesn't have 100% or even 95% feedback doesn't mean they are bad at selling or are trying to scam you.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

While true, I think it's irrelevant for a different reason. As a buyer, a seller's feedback doesn't mean much, unless it's especially terrible. I'm willing to take a risk buying an item from a seller with sub-par feedback because I know if something isn't right, I can always get my money back. Just because a seller doesn't have 100% or even 95% feedback doesn't mean they are bad at selling or are trying to scam you.
    True.

But having less than 100% feedback means that your listings will rank LOWER in eBay's search results. So it's not so much a matter of people actually avoiding less than 100% feedback sellers... eBay's just doing their damndest to hide them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Sorry for the double post.

User: imakeice

The dude tries to lowball me and includes this in his offer:

You are trying to sell used (and already second hand), untested, 20 and 30 year old OS software for new-in-box modern OS prices. Welcome back to planet Earth, here is your offer.

To which I reply:

You want to offer $7.50 for floppy disks I have verified AND personally backed up in IMG format. Welcome to Planet YOU ARE BLOCKED.

Jeez. I wouldn't have blocked him if he'd only sent the offer... but that's just being an asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    Bregames is one that puts a JINGLE whenever a page is opening (kinda catchy, actually) stating that the game is NOT included. And they STILL get negged by stupid morons. Here is a sample:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GameCube-Legend-...item45efae8584
    Honestly, as soon as I heard the music playing, I'd be muting it as fast as possible.
    It just really bugs me when sites playing audio unexpectedly. It's just become a reflex over the years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    Honestly, as soon as I heard the music playing, I'd be muting it as fast as possible.
    It just really bugs me when sites playing audio unexpectedly. It's just become a reflex over the years.
    I know, though originally they had no "jingle" in their listings. It was when stupid people started negging for their own actions that the company decided to place the audio file. And even STILL stupid people continue to bid.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is there a way to find out if you've actually blocked anyone on your list from buying? I've got something like 100 blocked members because of this topic and am curious if this topic helped me dodge any bullets.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Brett-Magnetic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unfortunately there are a lot of eBay sellers that don't left feedback after receiving payment. They wait you to give feedback first...
    Feedback is not required by any party. Unfortunately sellers don't have a lot of power when it comes to selling on ebay, and waiting until the buyer leaves feedback seems like the only real power a seller will get. I find as a seller that if you leave feedback right away, the buyer will be a lot more likely to NOT leave feedback for you, and will also try to scam you because they got THEIR positive feedback already and they have nothing left to lose. Feedback is sellers only bargaining chip for getting feedback that they earned if they are a good seller! I do post in my auctions that I will leave feedback only after feedback has been left for me so they at least know(if they even bother to read my stipulations). Why would a seller leave feedback right away if they don't even know if the customer is honestly a good customer yet? Just because the customer paid for the item, doesn't mean that they aren't going to try and rip you off or lie when they get their item. I would feel very stupid leaving positive feedback for a buyer and then the buyer ends up being a big douchebag! Again, ebay sellers don't have very many rights anymore, and feedback is pretty much our only bargaining chip at this point. By the way, I always leave feedback the same day that one of my buyers decides to take the time to leave me positive feedback.

P.S. I try my best to always check everything I sell thoroughly before I send it and also describe it as accurately as possible, but I'm getting really sick of buyers who might have some issue for some reason and just leave neutral or crappy sounding positive feedback(ok, it's only happened like 3 times, but all the same) before actually trying to contact me! I will always work with a buyer if they write me first, but if your just going to be a selfish dumb@ss, I will probably not do a damn thing for you and will probably blacklist that buyer!! GIVE YOUR SELLER A CHANCE PEOPLE BEFORE LEAVING SH###Y FEEDBACK! You have a FULL 45 days to file a complaint with ebay and paypal about the user. How would you like it if this happened to YOU as a seller??
    Last edited by Brett-Magnetic; 03-20-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

If I buy something on eBay, I don't leave feedback until I get the product and I make that known. Only ever had one guy refuse to comply, which a simple reversing of the transaction and a swift blocking of the guy solved.