Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay Classic Gaming Blacklist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

After reading through the experiences you all went through as both buyers and sellers, it made me sad to see that there are so many horrible people that are willing to screw over and insult good and honest people.

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

vanadium505 is a scamming asshole that tried to con me out of my copy of Alice An Interactive Museum.

Block his ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

CUSTOMER REMOVED NEGATIVE FEEDBACK, I WAS NEGATIVE FEEDBACKED BY MISTAKE

(disregard the following )

USER: muffinlikescakes

"i've got nothing else to say. Thanks"

I have no idea what the problem was, i haven't even been contacted about this. You would think the feedback wouldn't be so vague.
    Last edited by wingzrow; 05-22-2011 at 03:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    USER: muffinlikescakes

"i've got nothing else to say. Thanks"

I have no idea what the problem was, i haven't even been contacted about this. You would think the feedback wouldn't be so vague.
    What exactly happened? Without this info, I don't see a reason to block.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    What exactly happened? Without this info, I don't see a reason to block.
    Well... Looking at the feedback in question it appears the buyer left negative feedback, and if I'm guessing correctly...

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow
    I have no idea what the problem was, i haven't even been contacted about this.
    ...the buyer didn't contact wingzrow about it and just left the feedback.

I think this is pretty self explanatory. He is suggesting this buyer to be blocked because they didn't inform him of the problem and just left negative feedback. How would you like to sell something, the buyer have a problem, and then suddenly get negative feedback without knowing why you got that feedback?

If I may I'd like to explore the motive behind this vague negative feedback:

A) The buyer accidentally left negative when it should have been positive. (Hence why "i've got nothing else to say. Thanks" makes no sense in context, it could be intended as positive meaning "I've got not complaints. Thanks")

B) I noticed the buyer is located in Australia. Perhaps they made an ill-informed purchase and upon buying the game found it didn't work? That's not a fault of the seller because NTSC N64 games don't work in PAL systems.

C) Perhaps the game never arrived? Packages sometimes get lost on the way to an international destination.

In cases B & C the buyer STILL should have contacted Wingzrow. It's just bad form for a buyer to leave negative feedback while leaving the seller in the dark about why they received said feedback.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

UPDATE

Well I got a response from the buyer and after some back and forth they realized I was the wrong person and they left bad feedback by mistake. It's all been taken care of and i'm back to my 99.5% score so everything worked out fine. If this person is on your list, please remove them.

Honestly i'm very surprised this got cleared up so quick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just had someone open a case saying "

"The buyer has filed a claim stating this transaction was made without the account holder’s knowledge or consent. Please click Resolve Claim Now to view your options to resolve this issue and how to provide relevant information will help in PayPal’s investigation. We must receive your response by 7 calendar days from case creation in order to include your input in our investigation."

The buyer isn't responding and my only options in the resolution center are to provider tracking ( it was to canada so I don't have any )

OR to refund the money.

Why isn't there any "talk to customer" option so I can ask for them to return the item so I can give a refund?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sellers beware of mrecool81.

Buyer requested to be able to make a late payment. I granted this request. Before item was even due to be shipped, buyer sent a pm demanding refund if item wasn't shipped yet. I assumed buyer missed my posted shipping policy, 3-5 business days after payment has been made. I called them personally, and seemed to be able to make them realize their error after talking to them for a bit about my shipping policies, etc. I shipped the pc out the next day. Item arrives, buyer claims damage, wont load windows after post. Sends me 2 pms after 12 AM expecting instant replies. I reply in the morning when I wake up. Inform buyer of trouble shooting tips, and that if after trying said troubleshooting and it is still a no go, I can file a claim with UPS for them, but they will have to hand the item over to them.

Buyer replies back insinuating I am a scammer, because his old lady says so(yeah, thats what he refers to her as), insist he doesnt want to have to give the item back to UPS because he thinks he will have to pay them shipping back to me and that I will rip him off, etc. Lots of excuses and refers to his old ladys age old wisdom on ebay sellers. Sends other messages to me of similar quality. He finally request that I do a claim after I tell him that it involves no money on his part. I start the claim process.

During this time, the buyer opens a ebay dispute, thus placing my paypal account in the negative. He claimed he spoke with UPS regarding the claim, and that they informed him he would not be refunded if the shipping box had no damage present. After contacting both 1-800-pick-ups and my local UPS store, it is confirmed he never called them regarding the claim, and lied on his opening statement of the dispute.

I contact ebay via phone, they suggest replying to dispute, then escalating it, since I was caught in the middle of it, and the UPS claim process. I do so. Ebay reps informed me that if the buyer did not cooperate with the UPS claim process, then odds are, due to prior issues involving the buyer with other sellers, him demanding a refund from me before item was due to be shipped, etc, that it may be chalked up to buyers remorse and the case would be closed.

Today I contact my local UPS store manager. The claim was approved. They are not going to bother inspecting the item she said, much to both her and my regret, as the main people that handle claims felt it was not worth their time, since I had provided ample proof the item worked before it was placed in UPS hands. I was hoping they would inspect it, to call the guys bluff and see if he would worm out of the claim process (I will say why down below). At anyrate, I will be refunded by UPS. I will refund the guy since the UPS claim has been found in my favor. The guy lied on the dispute. He was a total asshole regarding the situation, showing zero trust I would handle the matter (then again, it wasnt really about trusting me, he was attempting a scam, and, lucky for him, it worked due to UPS not wanting to invest time in the claim).

So now, the other fun part of this. As I had mentioned, I spoke to the guy over the phone. He claimed to not read my payment and shipping policies at all before using BIN, even though the top part was in all caps, at top of auction. He stated multiple times the reason he wanted the pc from me was because the one he purchased awhile back as a Windows 95 setup was not fast enough to run some of his later games like Resident Evil 2-3 and MGS. During all his BS I decide to review feedback he has left other sellers. Low and behold, there was a few recient high value purchases that the guy made, where he claimed in negative fb that items were damaged and he wanted a refund. Sellers stated in fb replies they offered refund upon him returning goods, and he declined. The sellers all had solid feedback.

One of the negatives he left a seller involved the Windows 95 setup he described to me. He claimed it was damaged in the fb. Seller replied taht the guy was harassing to him, etc. Weird how this seemingly damaged computer was perfectly fine when I talked to the guy on the phone. I contact the seller. Their reply :

"Dear professorprofessorson,

No, they did not ship it back. I know for a fact that they was taking apart computers and trying to switch parts around. They did say that they took the memory and other stuff out of an IBM aptiva. They left negative feedback on me despite all the help I was offering. The messages they sent to me eventually turned into verbal abuse. My suggestion is not to communicate with them. My desktop I sent them was in 100% working order. This buyer does not know what they are doing or how to install basic stuff.
    - haxers"

I will state again, on the phone, the guy never mentioned having a lick of problems with the actual hardware, only stating that he felt the computer itself was not fast enough and that Windows 95 was holding him back too.

I am well past the point of benefit of doubt for the buyer. They have more then proven they are a scammer in the making, gunning for scams on higher dollar items when possible. The guy is operating out of a trailer using a womans account as is, and he himself will not show up on 411.com, and their phone is a unregistered cell number. You all need to be very aware, because he is dealing with not just vintage pc items, but also 3DO, 32X Turbografx/Pc-Engine related items too, buying stuff quite often. If you are a seller in the USA or Japan, there is a solid chance you could risk having him win one of your auctions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What a verbose story. I wish I has the time to write as much as you but most of the time it's just people making claims, paypal siding with the customer, and that's usually the end of that.

You REALLY need to have a buffer zone of cash you never remove from your paypal account for these sort of situations. You wouldn't have gone in the red if you did. I learned that the hard way and always have $300 or so in my paypal account for these sort of things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    What a verbose story. I wish I has the time to write as much as you but most of the time it's just people making claims, paypal siding with the customer, and that's usually the end of that.

You REALLY need to have a buffer zone of cash you never remove from your paypal account for these sort of situations. You wouldn't have gone in the red if you did. I learned that the hard way and always have $300 or so in my paypal account for these sort of things.
    Id rather go into a red during a scam issue until it is resolved. The money is safer in my bank account.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

snk-sega

This dude is the highest bidder on a PSone game for $40. I get this message from him the next day...

"Hi, my roommate just informed me that he can't pay his part of the rent so I need to cover him. Would it be possible to pay 5/10 or if you want can you cancel and offer it to the next high bidder?"

So he wants to pay "$5 or $10" for the $40 game. What a deal!

Asshole

!
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fishsandwich View Post
    snk-sega

This dude is the highest bidder on a PSone game for $40. I get this message from him the next day...

"Hi, my roommate just informed me that he can't pay his part of the rent so I need to cover him. Would it be possible to pay 5/10 or if you want can you cancel and offer it to the next high bidder?"

So he wants to pay "$5 or $10" for the $40 game. What a deal!

Asshole

!
    Seems more likely he wants to pay at a later date and made a really bad typo? I dunno, I read 5/10 as a date. Maybe he meant 7/10 (July 10)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lionheart84

This scammer bought a $200 Megadrive game from me. I decided to insure it at my own expense. I get this e-mail from him a few days later...

***"Hey. Got the package today. I am a little beside myself thou. The box was wet and i figured maybe it was becuase of the storm that went through the area. Go toopen the box and everything inside was wet. Not dripping wet but damp. Took the wet wrapping off the game and the whole game is just water damaged. The cartridge looks ok, haven;t tested it thou but the cover and manual are damp. I put them out on my table in hopes they dry out, but i think they are ruined. I don;t know what the heck happened but i am not really happy. "

I tell him to go to the Post Office to file a claim. I get this crap...

***"I spoke to my postman. He delivers alot of stuff for me and he said for something like that happened either it was send that way or in transit something happened. I don;t believe you would send something out like that so I have to believe in transit somethign happened. Unfortunatly I won;t be able to do anythign till i get back. If i have to go thru claims its going to take forever to get the money back but as long as it's insured I will be able to get it back regardless. If you have any other ideas or such send them my way."

What does this dick want from me? Am I supposed to somehow cooperate with this scam?

I ask him for pictures of the damage. I never hear back from him again.

Idiot.

!
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    raymondlyd
    PSN
    soniccd

wow i hate all this scamming i had this a few times spoiling it for everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

salvy4252010

So I sold a program. The program does not activate. He asks me what's up, I mention that the auction page says that any activation issues can be fixed by calling Microsoft.

I make a mistake and mention that I had already explained the issue via message before - but he says no such thing happened and escalates the dispute to a claim. I realize I made a mistake because of eBay's messaging system clumping all messages together by item instead of by eBay user and apologize, and mention that I was hoping to help him solve his activation issues instead of opening a dispute...

And then he gloats and says he'll file a chargeback with his credit card because I was "stretching the truth a bit." After I accepted my mistake with the user name.

And I can't tell the eBay customer service rep about this because the minute they escalate this to a dispute I can't say a goddamn thing.

My balance is negative. I owe eBay $60. And I can't pay it.

I'm sick. And tired. Of eBay.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    So I sold a program. The program does not activate. He asks me what's up, I mention that the auction page says that any activation issues can be fixed by calling Microsoft.
    This is why I don't sell used Microsoft Office Home and Student packs. You never know how many installs are left on them. Yes, you can call Microsoft and get an install but you could run into a problem like this. (I'm assuming all 3 installs were used and that's what caused the activation "issues")

But eh, the buyer sounds like sort of a dick too so their user name is noted.
    Last edited by Ryaan1234; 06-26-2011 at 01:03 AM.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I've always made a note of it with Microsoft software that requires activation, regardless of whether it's academic or not.

I just realized something - he left TWO negs recently for similar reasons.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...kLeftForOthers

I have a feeling this person is trying to scam money out of sellers.

Edit: I was right. This person escalated the claim to get a free item. I was left with no choice but to refund the item and not get it back. Avoid this person at all costs.
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 06-27-2011 at 07:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

STAY FAR AWAY FROM

"girlzrbetter"

Here is the item in question.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

In response to buying this pikmin 2 disc which i said was sold as is, and then repeatedly said doesn't work. Buyer lies and says the auction doesn't say it doesn't work, even though I said that like 3 times in the item description.

"It does not state in you description that the game does not work. The condition is listed as acceptable. I do not find this acceptable. Your return policy also states that a refund will be given within 7 days. As stated in my previous email I am requesting a refund. Please provide me with an address that it can be returned to. Due to ebay policy I do not have to pay to ship items back. Thanks----Leslie"

I'm just going to ask her to return it and then throw it back online. Don't think I can really do anything.

BTW, can you list a game disc or cartridge as less than acceptable condition? Should the need arise I don't want people using that logic against me again. If not then I'm just not listing any condition for my other games that need to be buffered.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Scratches, I can understand. Cracked disk, that has no business being for sale.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icarusX360
    PSN
    titanzguard

After reading his auction for Pikmin 2 - What a dumba$$ this woman is. He states several times that its non working. Some people are so stupid. Why not READ the description before spending money on it.