Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132 LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 630

Thread: Ebay Classic Gaming Blacklist

  1. #561
    Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Ryaan1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,699
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I wish eBay had a way to block certain sellers from showing up on our searches...
    Not sure if you're serious (or being sarcastic) but:

    Go to advanced search, scroll all the way down click the box that says "Only show items from:", move the little drop menu to exclude and then type the offending sellers name. Voila! Your searches won't bring up any of his stuff.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

    View my collection!

  2. #562
    DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Kitsune Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Calexico, USA
    Posts
    13,853
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    Not sure if you're serious (or being sarcastic) but:

    Go to advanced search, scroll all the way down click the box that says "Only show items from:", move the little drop menu to exclude and then type the offending sellers name. Voila! Your searches won't bring up any of his stuff.
    I wasn't.

    I didn't know this option was available, but I mostly meant a list that would exclude sellers from my searches permanently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

  3. #563
    Peach (Level 3) PC-ENGINE HELL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    679
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Congrats to ebay bidder Saucerat. He rolled the dice and lost. Gamble Gamble Gamble Die. Bidder purchases classic computers and pc games. Bidder tried to scam both myself, and another ebay seller, pconsulting, out of extra computer parts. After declining his demands for free stuff, or for money so he could buy moar stuff, he opened a paypal dispute which paypal closed in my favor within a matter of hours after reading the guys messages to me and confirmation message from pconsulting that he was doing the exact same thing to them.

    EDIT:
    Also adding ebay member romancing-the-sound.
    Non paying bidder on a $200 auction.
    Last edited by PC-ENGINE HELL; 10-29-2011 at 06:32 PM.

  4. #564
    Pear (Level 6) wingzrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,283
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Member: martin_bloom11

    http://myworld.ebay.com/martin_bloom...:X:RTQ:US:1181

    AVOID AVOID AVOID

    So I sold this person a copy of "Zelda II" for the Nintendo NES. About a month ago I recieved a message saying they purchased the game in error thinking it was for the super nintendo. I sent them my return address and told them to be more careful in the future.

    all of a sudden today I recieved a negative feedback reading :

    "This seller makes negative personal comments about where his buyers live."

    Naturally i'm floored by this because it came out of nowhere AND they sent a polite message saying they had returned my item the very same day though UPS ( provided NO tracking number mind you )

    So I figure, hey, maybe they left this feedback for the wrong person, they only have a handful of feedback and may be new to ebay.

    Turns out i'm half right, they left it for me, that's for sure, but what's this? Further investigation reveals that they wrote a review on Zelda II, this member's ONLY review on any ebay item.

    "Game: Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (Nintendo, 1988)
    Ripped Off!!!!!
    I cannot write a review of the item because I never received it. They buyer protection plan did not work and I paid for the item and never even got it. I probably will not order anything on ebay anymore."

    So now i'm even more confused. I called up ebay and a representative there said he would reverse the negative feedback.

    I just looked at the paypal transaction and the person who payed for the item is listed as "WSU CORPORATION". WTF?




    Last edited by wingzrow; 01-11-2012 at 02:30 PM. Reason: additional info

  5. #565
    Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    VertigoProcess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    302
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    vertigoprocess

    Default

    that's a head scratcher... the only thing i can think to explain it all is they have multiple personalities....

  6. #566
    Bell (Level 8) Smashed Brother's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee WI, fool!
    Posts
    1,722
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post

    Haha!! I'm glad you got it sorted out, but that is one of the funniest quotes that I have read in a long time!

  7. #567
    Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Ryaan1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,699
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I don't often encounter problem buyers (thank God) but in the last week or so I've had one. The eBay user ID is evi1120. Late last January I was selling off a few black box games (thinning down the NES collection, you see) and this buyer won my boxed copy of Donkey Kong 3 for a whopping $103.50. I sent an invoice shortly after the auction's end and received no response, then a few days after I messaged asking about payment and also received no response. At the week mark I opened an unpaid buyer case, which I always do if a buyer has not paid or contacted me within that time. A few days have passed now and I do not expect to ever receive payment. I'll update this post if I do but that still doesn't change the fact that this is a problem buyer that either never pays or takes over a week to pay.
    Last edited by Ryaan1234; 02-09-2012 at 08:35 PM. Reason: I fixed the broken eBay link
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

    View my collection!

  8. #568
    Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    VertigoProcess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    302
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    vertigoprocess

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    I don't often encounter problem buyers (thank God) but in the last week or so I've had one. The eBay user ID is evi1120. Late last January I was selling off a few black box games (thinning down the NES collection, you see) and this buyer won my boxed copy of Donkey Kong 3 for a whopping $103.50. I sent an invoice shortly after the auction's end and received no response, then a few days after I messaged asking about payment and also received no response. At the week mark I opened an unpaid buyer case, which I always do if a buyer has not paid or contacted me within that time. A few days have passed now and I do not expect to ever receive payment. I'll update this post if I do but that still doesn't change the fact that this is a problem buyer that either never pays or takes over a week to pay.
    Does this person have any feed back? Cuz I get buys all the time with 0-2 feed back that hit my BINs and never pay. I've always figured it was a seller that made a fake buyer account just to take down the competition of their own items...
    Hardware Collection

    Nintendo: NES, SNES (Model 1 and 2), N64, GCN, Wii, Gameboy Classic, Gameboy Pocket (Model 1 and 2), Gameboy Color, GBA, SP (Model 1), DS, DS Lite, DSI
    Sega: SMS (Model 1), Genesis (Model 1, 1.5, 2, 3), 32X, Saturn (Model 2), Dreamcast, Nomad, Game Gear
    Atari: 2600 (Heavy Sixer, Sixer, Four Switch, Sunnyvalle, Vader, JR Short rainbow, JR, Sears Four, Sears Sixer), 5200 (4 Port), 7800 PRO
    MIS.: Magnavox CD-I, 3DO FZ-1, 3DO Goldstar, TG 16, Intellivision, Action Max, XBox, 360, PSX, PS3, PSP, Wonderswan B/W, Game Com, NEO GEO Pocket Color

  9. #569
    Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Ryaan1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,699
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VertigoProcess View Post
    Does this person have any feed back? Cuz I get buys all the time with 0-2 feed back that hit my BINs and never pay. I've always figured it was a seller that made a fake buyer account just to take down the competition of their own items...
    This buyer has 17 feedback, all from various NES game lots and boxed NES games.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

    View my collection!

  10. #570
    Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    VertigoProcess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    302
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    vertigoprocess

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    This buyer has 17 feedback, all from various NES game lots and boxed NES games.
    Oh ok... so sounds like he's just a dead beat then...
    Hardware Collection

    Nintendo: NES, SNES (Model 1 and 2), N64, GCN, Wii, Gameboy Classic, Gameboy Pocket (Model 1 and 2), Gameboy Color, GBA, SP (Model 1), DS, DS Lite, DSI
    Sega: SMS (Model 1), Genesis (Model 1, 1.5, 2, 3), 32X, Saturn (Model 2), Dreamcast, Nomad, Game Gear
    Atari: 2600 (Heavy Sixer, Sixer, Four Switch, Sunnyvalle, Vader, JR Short rainbow, JR, Sears Four, Sears Sixer), 5200 (4 Port), 7800 PRO
    MIS.: Magnavox CD-I, 3DO FZ-1, 3DO Goldstar, TG 16, Intellivision, Action Max, XBox, 360, PSX, PS3, PSP, Wonderswan B/W, Game Com, NEO GEO Pocket Color

  11. #571
    Strawberry (Level 2) JohnnyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    578
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Add okavich to the list. Auctioned an SNES with a bunch of games. okavich bought it, never contacted me, never paid, nothing. Fun.

  12. #572
    Pretzel (Level 4)
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    819
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I'll let people judge this guy for themselves. I left every Spelling/Grammar error in.

    Dear wueda16,

    Go away, I have no interest in selling anything to you. Any mature person would have sent an offer for the lot or walked away.

    -finalfantasyfan-1


    From: wueda16
    To: finalfantasyfan-1
    Subject: Re: Details about item: wueda16 sent a message about Mixed lot of 769 Digimon, Sailor Moon, Yugioh and other cards, Crystal Celebi #330716502494
    Sent Date: Apr-12-12 10:19:41 PDT

    Dear finalfantasyfan-1,

    come on why can't you

    - wueda16



    From: finalfantasyfan-1
    To: wueda16
    Subject: Re: Details about item: wueda16 sent a message about Mixed lot of 769 Digimon, Sailor Moon, Yugioh and other cards, Crystal Celebi #330716502494
    Sent Date: Apr-11-12 22:09:37 PDT

    Dear wueda16,

    I already answered that TWICE, I don't care that you already have cards, I don't collect these anymore, that is why I am selling. You are now Blocked.

    - finalfantasyfan-1



    From: wueda16
    To: finalfantasyfan-1
    Subject: Re: Details about item: wueda16 sent a message about Mixed lot of 769 Digimon, Sailor Moon, Yugioh and other cards, Crystal Celebi #330716502494
    Sent Date: Apr-11-12 21:51:25 PDT

    Dear finalfantasyfan-1,

    i hav ea bunch of pokemon and yu gi oh cards


    - wueda16



    From: finalfantasyfan-1
    To: wueda16
    Subject: Re: Details about item: wueda16 sent a message about Mixed lot of 769 Digimon, Sailor Moon, Yugioh and other cards, Crystal Celebi #330716502494
    Sent Date: Apr-11-12 21:23:25 PDT

    Dear wueda16,

    Not separately, just send an offer for the lot. Worst I can do is turn it down.

    - finalfantasyfan-1



    From: wueda16
    To: finalfantasyfan-1
    Subject: Re: Details about item: wueda16 sent a message about Mixed lot of 769 Digimon, Sailor Moon, Yugioh and other cards, Crystal Celebi #330716502494
    Sent Date: Apr-11-12 21:11:50 PDT

    Dear finalfantasyfan-1,

    can i buy all of the digimon cards

    - wueda16



    From: finalfantasyfan-1
    To: wueda16
    Subject: Re: Details about item: wueda16 sent a message about Mixed lot of 769 Digimon, Sailor Moon, Yugioh and other cards, Crystal Celebi #330716502494
    Sent Date: Apr-11-12 20:27:01 PDT

    Dear wueda16,

    I listed the cards by set and rarity, I think you are referring to booster series 2 and yes some are present, check the list. I am not breaking up this lot but feel free to send an offer anyways, listing these separately would cost too much to ship. Your question was a bit unclear so feel free to clarify.

    - finalfantasyfan-1



    From: wueda16
    To: finalfantasyfan-1
    Subject: Details about item: wueda16 sent a message about Mixed lot of 769 Digimon, Sailor Moon, Yugioh and other cards, Crystal Celebi #330716502494
    Sent Date: Apr-11-12 20:02:47 PDT

    Dear finalfantasyfan-1,

    may i just have your digimon cards and do you series 2 main digimon please answer back


    - wueda16

  13. #573
    Great Puma (Level 12) JSoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,885
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Both people in that conversation sound like jerks, granted each is of a different flavor. Whom were we supposed to block? Cause I'm leaning toward both.




  14. #574
    Pretzel (Level 4)
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    819
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy Color View Post
    Both people in that conversation sound like jerks, granted each is of a different flavor. Whom were we supposed to block? Cause I'm leaning toward both.
    For the record, here is the auction in question:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/330716502494...84.m1555.l2649

    Actually I'm finalfantasyfan-1, normally I am very patient and understanding but in this case it felt like I was dealing with a 5 year old who couldn't take no for an answer. For those of you who don't do Ebay, they make it very hard to ignore someone who ask repetitive already answered questions without missing other important questions that I tend to expect with a lot like this. I can't break up the lot, if it were a larger lot and I could do it I would. I ask him to just send an offer and he never did. I probably should have left out the comment about his maturity though. Anyone have better ideas about how to handle these types of people in a respectful manner?

  15. #575
    Insert Coin (Level 0) Cmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    67
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Could always just be persistent and copy/paste the same reply,

    "Hello.

    I'm sorry but unfortunately I will not split this lot up.

    Thanks!
    finalfantasyfan-1"

    It's short, simple, to the point and polite. They should get it after a couple times. I always keep in mind that eBay sees the messages that go back and forth, so it's better to sound polite and like a "nice guy". Think all the bad things you want about them while typing a politely worded reply.

  16. #576
    Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Boondocks in Ms
    Posts
    941
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokimemofan View Post
    For the record, here is the auction in question:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/330716502494...84.m1555.l2649

    Actually I'm finalfantasyfan-1, normally I am very patient and understanding but in this case it felt like I was dealing with a 5 year old who couldn't take no for an answer. For those of you who don't do Ebay, they make it very hard to ignore someone who ask repetitive already answered questions without missing other important questions that I tend to expect with a lot like this. I can't break up the lot, if it were a larger lot and I could do it I would. I ask him to just send an offer and he never did. I probably should have left out the comment about his maturity though. Anyone have better ideas about how to handle these types of people in a respectful manner?
    I think you might have been getting trolled. I don't even play any of those games but from my years with other card games (last I checked about the only game that's still going strong in that lot is Yugioh so most of the cards can't be worth much) that lot couldn't be more than maybe $20~$40 and you got it listed for $200 even if you say "the price is set intentionally high so I can screen potential buyers." that's a huge difference. It's like if you ask someone what they want for Mario/Duck Hunt and they say "$100 but you can make me an offer" you know if you offer $1 there just going to get mad at you because they're expecting something higher.

    About all I can say for better ideas is:

    1. Look up all the rare cards and put the price around that for everything (9.9 times out of 10 commons and uncommons are worthless unless theirs thousands of them)

    2. Drop that $200 down to a more realistic number you can keep it a bit high but not that high.

    Then you wouldn't get those type of people contacting you.
    Last edited by understatement; 04-12-2012 at 09:09 PM.
    My Ebay Feedback My DP Feedback
    VVV Work in Progress VVV

  17. #577
    Pretzel (Level 4)
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    819
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by understatement View Post
    I think you might have been getting trolled. I don't even play any of those games but from my years with other card games (last I checked about the only game that's still going strong in that lot is Yugioh so most of the cards can't be worth much) that lot couldn't be more than maybe $20~$40 and you got it listed for $200 even if you say "the price is set intentionally high so I can screen potential buyers." that's a huge difference. It's like if you ask someone what they want for Mario/Duck Hunt and they say "$100 but you can make me an offer" you know if you offer $1 there just going to get mad at you because they're expecting something higher.

    About all I can say for better ideas is:

    1. Look up all the rare cards and put the price around that for everything (9.9 times out of 10 commons and uncommons are worthless unless theirs thousands of them)

    2. Drop that $200 down to a more realistic number you can keep it a bit high but not that high.

    Then you wouldn't get those type of people contacting you.
    Probably right about the trolling, I seriously doubt he ever had any interest in buying for anything near the shipping cost (about $10). Just looked up a few obvious ones that are well preserved, Gatomon and Boltmon are $5-$8 each Imperialdramon is worth $15, Crystal Celebi is $15, Dark Magician is $7, Blue Eyes is $15-35, and 6 other $3+ cards. I didn't expect a starter deck blue eyes to be that much. I see probably $120 here if I wait long enough. I'm getting a good number of views and watchers (42 and 2 respectively), so I am not too worried about the price being too high.

  18. #578
    Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Boondocks in Ms
    Posts
    941
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I didnít know those cards were worth that much, but I never was a collector and only played Magic. Iíve sold too many lots like this "MTG 5300+ Magic the Gathering Cards" I guess to have thought other wise.
    My Ebay Feedback My DP Feedback
    VVV Work in Progress VVV

  19. #579
    Pretzel (Level 4)
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    819
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I actually figured $40 total before looking it up.
    Edit: WTF!?! SOMEONE JUST BOUGHT IT OUTRIGHT FOR $200!!!
    Last edited by Tokimemofan; 04-13-2012 at 10:29 AM.

  20. #580
    Strawberry (Level 2)
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    564
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    For whatever strange reason, it occurred to me to look up the Game Boy Singer Izek cartridge on Ebay, and I found this auction. I noticed that the picture looked familiar.

    Very familiar.

    This is the first time I've noticed a picture of mine used in an Ebay auction, and although I want to stress that I myself have not had a bad Ebay transaction with the seller, I felt it was something that should be shared.

Similar Threads

  1. Ebay & Game Gavel Auctions - Classic & Import Gaming
    By mobiusclimber in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 12:28 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 08:26 AM
  3. Ebay Gaming Blacklist Digest
    By bargora in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2003, 11:52 AM
  4. ebay should blacklist the word rare
    By autobotracing in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-14-2003, 12:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •