Thread: DreamCast - PAL Street Fighter III 3rd Strike - Questions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default DreamCast - PAL Street Fighter III 3rd Strike - Questions

Ok, my first would be - Which PAL DreamCast Street Fighter game is rarer? It can't possibly be Alpha III, so it's a toss up between Double Impact and 3rd Strike... This is just to settle a minor disagreement I have been having with my mate, so it's not really important...

The main reason I started this thread was to ask a simple question about something:

I recently bought a factory sealed PAL copy of Street Fighter III 3rd Strike on eBay.

When I got it, it was perfect, except I noticed on the left hand side it had some minor discolouring... It looked like someone had drawn on the cover with a yellow felt tip pen!!!

I know this is impossible because the game is factory sealed and perfect in every other way.

Now my natural first thought is to think that it is supposed to be there - But as I have no other copies to compare it with, I can't really make a judgement.

I also thought perhaps it is a result of direct light exposure, but I doubt that.

It could also be where the printing machine has run out of colour and made a mistake - This seems more likely.

What i'd like to know is: Firstly if it appears on anyone else's copy? If it does, then I will accept it is supposed to be there as part of the cover artwork.

Secondly, failing the above, would this "Printing mistake" affect it's rarity? Would it be classed as rarer?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well I've got a new sealed copy here, and cant see any discolouring... where abouts on yours is it? front? Back? large? small?

Let me know and I'll look more carefully!
    ***Metal Head- wise old gamer dude!***

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sorry. I wasn't clear before.

It's on the front cover, on the left hand side. It's about an inch and a half long and is a vertical line at a slight angle. It's perhaps 3 or 4 mm thick - Just like a felt tip pen.

I'm thinking of just listing it for sale on eBay for £30. I got it for about £18, so I think that was a good price. I'm not too worried, cos I know my good old mate Turelyon probably has a few thousand stored away somewhere!!! Lol! I'll ask him and see.

In total, I managed to get all three in factory sealed condition for under £50! Just goes to show that eBay is quiet at this time of year! I have seen 3rd Strike and Double Impact top £40 sealed on many occasion!