Thread: Zelda:WW Recieves perfect score...

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Zelda:WW Recieves perfect score...

Apparently Famitsu have given the latest Zelda game for the Gamecube (Zelda: The wind Waker) a perfect score 40 / 40 , making it only the fourth game to recieve the maximum score (the others being Soul Calibur 2, Zelda: OoT and vagrant story).

(Link to news of that and of Pikmin 2 and Mario 128)
    http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/def...684&pagetype=2

Also the translated review..

Grade: 10

"A level of astoundment that exceeds even that exhibited by the previous "Ocarina". Despite being a completely new and ground-breaking work, it's amazing how this title managed to retain everything that defines 'Zelda' to begin with. If you're looking for a new plane of visual expression in games, one different from both photorealistic and anime styles, it can be found right here. Also features a unprecedented depth of story and adventure within the series that takes place across an ocean. To sum up: this title is 100% zelda, and is an absolutely must-play title."

"Utilizing tone rendering as a catalyst of visual expression of sorts and combining it with the highest quality gameplay, game environments and production values, a a miraculous chemical reaction is created with this incredible title. It makes you realize once again that video games truly are the most superior form of entertainment out there. Whatever you do in within the game, it doesn't fail to entertain you in some way. Trust me when I say you won't fail to fall in the love with the world presented within this title."

"Any pangs of anxiety you might have in regards to the anime-like presentation of this game will vanish once you play this title, which will leave no doubts in your mind that this is truly Zelda. The emotions of the various characters come across with an unbelievable level of realism due through eye-based movements/expressions, and there are times when you'll find yourself extremely affected and even on the verge of tears. With a perfect level of difficulty in regards to both the puzzles and battles, this title rewards you immensely for playing it!"

"Whether it be the in-game events, puzzles, or presentation, you'll find yourself experiencing a range of human emotions from puzzlement to amazement. Everytime you pick up this title to proceed onwards in your quest, you'll discover an increased level of excitement. I swear to god I felt like a excited child picking up a videogame for the first time when I played this title. The new setup that allows even those who have never experienced the series to immediately feel right at home gets a huge thumbs up from me."

I don't know about anyone else but this game looks like it's shaping up to live up to it's name. I'm damn happy to hear such good things about it considering the flak it's been recieving for it's choice of graphical design, it's been a long time since I've *really* looked forward to a game but this one really has my attention

Now if you'll excuse me... *head explodes*

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

I don't know about anyone else but this game looks like it's shaping up to live up to it's name. I'm damn happy to hear such good things about it considering the flak it's been recieving for it's choice of graphical design, it's been a long time since I've *really* looked forward to a game but this one really has my attention
    Reminds me a lot of the Metroid crying earlier, and yet EGM gave *it* perfect 10s as well. As always, the proof is in the game, not the hype (beit positive or negative hype).

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to figure out how I can contain myself until February...
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

actually you'll have to contain yourself until march, they pushed the date back a month.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gowd, JUST GIMMIE THE DAMN GAME ALEADY!!!! *drools* ugh..

I'm thinking I might get sick some in march.
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

8===D ~° ~° ~°

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

@NE146: Considering your avatar, I hope that it's drool drops I see, and not something else... :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's "tree sap"

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Zelda:WW Recieves perfect score...

Quote Originally Posted by NvrMore
    Apparently Famitsu have given the latest Zelda game for the Gamecube (Zelda: The wind Waker) a perfect score 40 / 40 , making it only the fourth game to recieve the maximum score (the others being Soul Calibur 2, Zelda: OoT and vagrant story).

What score Zelda: Masks of Majora?
    :scatter: :scrambleup: :turn-l:
    FAVE SYSTEMS: Atari-VCS/Commodore=64/C=Amiga/Super Nintendo/Playstation2

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it should have gotten a near perfect score, if not a perfect one. that game is great. its one of my favorites.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow,looks good.Even though I don't like the style of the game too much,it is OK,I will still play it.If it ever gets here that is. x_x

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, after seeing what the other games they gave perfect scores are, maybe they're trying to NOT promote the game. (With the exception of soul calibur 2)
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you didn't like ocarina?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    Reminds me a lot of the Metroid crying earlier, and yet EGM gave *it* perfect 10s as well. As always, the proof is in the game, not the hype (beit positive or negative hype).
    Very true, in fact sadly I must admit I was one of those who was a tad sceptical about the direction that metroid was taking... I was so very wrong *hangs head in shame*

Actually, the critisism of Zelda's new look reminds me of the critisism aimed at Zelda 3 (A Link to the Past) for the SNES leading upto and during it's release. A lot of people and publications were condemning it as being too cute and claiming that because of such, it wouldn't measure up as a very good game...

Regardless, that game it is now considered by many to be one of the greatest games ever made (and my personal favorite )

To be honest I don't know if this new Zelda will prove to be another case of history repeating itself, but it sounds as if it's going to be damn good...

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    actually you'll have to contain yourself until march, they pushed the date back a month.
    Now, if you'll excuse me I have to choose a good room corner to curl up in, and rock back and forth anxiously for several months.

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nesman85
    you didn't like ocarina?
    I don't think I'm allowed to comment anymore or I'll get run out of town, heh.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5