Thread: Gamefly Rental Game Purchase Recieved

Pretzel (Level 4) Goodwill Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Gamefly Rental Game Purchase Recieved

I ordered a half dozen previously rented games from Gamefly last week, after signing up for a free trial membership I heard about on CheapAssGamer. Thought I'd relate my experience in case anyone else was considering doing this. It includes free shipping, with new boxes and manuals. For about $75 dollars, I ordered the following titles:

PS2
    Bujingai: The Forsaken City
    Pinball Hall of Fame
    Onimusha 3: Demon Siege

Xbox
    Battlestar Galactica
    The Guy Game

GC
    Wario Ware Inc: Mega Party Games

They came in today, all in individual bubble mailers oddly enough. The boxes and manuals were mint as promised, and the games had very light scratches and fingerprints if any at all. I don't anticipate any problems booting them up, but if I do, I'll report back.

I'm pretty impressed by the condition of the games, given their prices and am thinking about ordering more. Seems like a good outfit to me...I'll be cancelling my membership before the trial ends though...not much of a game renter.

Rich
    Tomorrow's Past is Yesterday's Future Today!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

GF is great, pristine case & manual. Just wish that they let you add more than one game in your purchase cart -.-
    *insert signature >here<*

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

That buying one at a time and receiving each in a seperate package deal is kinda wierd, but you get used to it. It's been that way for the longest time. I just placed my third order thru GF and I've always been pleased with what I've gotten. The cases and manuals are like new. I've never gotten an ugly disk. I remember with my first order I was a little leery because the prices seemed so low. I had ordered 5 or 6 and they all arrived the same day. The first package I opened was Xbox Otagi and there was no disk in the box! My heart dropped and I thought "That's why they're so damn cheap. There's no game in the box!" For some unknown reason they had sent me an extra Otagi without a game inside. That happened to be the first package I opened and I didn't know whether to crap or cry. But they were all there after all and all of them looked good.
    It really pays to price compare between EB and GF. Each will have far better deals for certain games than the other. But on the whole, EB is selling you a returned game and the condition of those seems to fluxuate much more than GF.
    By the way, I've never had to enter any kind of rental agreement at GF to buy their games. I've heard that people on the east coast typicaly wait 7 to 8 days to receive a rental game. I live in Florida and usually get my games delivered to me in 4 to 5 days when I buy them from GF. I think I dropped $150.00 shipped for this last lot of 12 games.
    PS2
    Bujingai: The Forsaken City
    Ghosthunter
    Mega Man Anniversary Collection
    Resident Evil: Outbreak
    Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain

Xbox
    Full Spectrum Warrior
    Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy
    Silent Hill 4: The Room
    Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
    Sudeki