Thread: Monster Megadrive collection ...

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Monster Megadrive collection ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...159414679&rd=1

That's a pretty neat bundle .. but there's actually not that many rares in there, with a few notable exceptions.

Plus, in his Q&A he states that Sega have told him that they only released 50 copies of the PAL Fatal Fury 2???

It's definitely one of the rarest games, but a production run of 50 copies sounds highly unlikely to me! Surely you would make more than that, even if you thought it was going to sell badly .. just in case! The fixed costs of doing a production run would surely make a run of 50 a ludicrous proposition??

Vroomfunkel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Queen_Zoe

There is no way there was only a production run of fifty copies for any game that made it to retail stores... Even five hundred doesn't seem like it would be worth it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hmm, it's certainly a decent selection, but that 50 copies claim sounds extremely spurious. I tried to ask him for any more details about that, but eBay seems to be playing up at the moment - I'll try again later. If he says that anyone other than Sega Ozisoft told him that, it's gotta be bullshit, since Sega Europe told me FF2 wasn't released in PAL format.

Note also that he claims to be missing less than 100 titles, but with 362 listed (including a few imports) there's more like 150-170 missing, including most of the real rarities. If the reserve is much more than £1,000 I'd be extremely surprised if it sells.
    And he's lying with the 'Largest Ever on eBay' claim aswell - there was one last year with over 400 games.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I did notice he is missing nearly all the actual rare games, and most of the moderately rare games. And, curiously, all the Phantasy Star games - which I would have thought were pretty much a must in a collection that size!

The reserve would appear to be a little extravagant - although I did have to laugh at the bidder who was complaining that their £300 bid wasn't enough

Vroomfunkel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah, probablat least 80% of those could be had for about £2 - £4 each normally. Much more than a grand or so and the seller should be laughing.
    Actually, it's just aswell that this appeared now rather than in a couple of weeks - otherwise I may have been tempted to do something very silly with the bank loan I'm getting to consolidate my existing debts...

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im almost positive there are more than 50 FF2s out there. Heck Ive personally seen 7 or so on ebay and other places, so im sure there are more than fifty floating around. The recent price spike alone (hehe) brought 2 out in a month..

Too bad there isnt a bigger picture either; Id love to see what a collection that size looks like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatescape
    Im almost positive there are more than 50 FF2s out there. Heck Ive personally seen 7 or so on ebay and other places, so im sure there are more than fifty floating around. The recent price spike alone (hehe) brought 2 out in a month..
    Yeah, I'm equally almost sure - I've seen 6 or 7 in the last year, although a couple were just loose carts. It's certainly one of the rarest PAL MD games, but 50 copies just sounds like eBay hyperbole.

Too bad there isnt a bigger picture either; Id love to see what a collection that size looks like.
    Hmm, I've got just over 500 SMS/MD games stacked in an alcove which is around 1.5 metres wide, and they almost come up to head height. I've been meaning to take some pics for a while, I'll get around to it eventually...

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have my Megadrive and Master System collection behind a huge set of sliding doors.. its awesome

You cant see them all though, their in front of each other..

Plus I have 5-6 large boxes of Megadrive swaps in the loft, and stacks of Master System swaps downstairs.........

I need help

That ebay lot is nice.. id be tempted too, but the folks may be moving house soon, so i'm on an ebay selling blitz as it is ... !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hmm, pulled 20 minutes before the end. Wonder if he got a decent under-the-table offer, or just expected a lot more for them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

damn i wish the person who took the ff2 box into goodwill had the game with it. one time i went to goodwill, and there was a ff2 just chillin with all of the genesis sports games, of course i snagged it up and opened it to check the condition, and stupid sonic 2 was in there.