Thread: Oh, I remember this guy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Oh, I remember this guy!

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...1&frompage=222

Looks like Adol's no longer registered. I have no particular feelings about this, but I thought some people might be interested to know. I got a great game from him myself, so...well, I'm wondering if he got sick of eBay or whether he's opened a new account (look for: persons located in France buying sealed NES games! )

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I recently saw another adol variant bidding on factory sealed. Something like adol## (insert a number for #). I'll look around for it.

There is an adol7 but it doesn't appear to be him although there are some f/b from GameCube games.

FURTHER DIGGING ... here it is *** adol2001 ***
    Completed 60+ trades here on digital press.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Monkey Butt

Why would someone who has been a member since 1997, and who has 1846 feedback rating at 96.7% positive be a NARU? It seems dumb to give all that up and start another screen name. Even if he had some bad feedback, they disapear off the front page of your feedback quite quickly if you sell or buy enough stuff.
    Condoleezza Rice is nice, but I prefer A Roni!

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you don't pay your Ebay fees or if your e-mail address isn't valid anymore, or if you were selling bootlegs, etc ,etc you can be NARU'd.

It could be a number of things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

Quote Originally Posted by jonjandran
    or if you were selling bootlegs
    I doubt that-there are more pirated Star Trek DVD sets and Famicom games running around on eBay than real ones, it seems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettCRW
    I doubt that-there are more pirated Star Trek DVD sets and Famicom games running around on eBay than real ones, it seems.
    If you want to see even worse pirating search for any anime title. More than 9 out of 10 of them will be pirated, and I'm not kidding.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

I don't doubt it, since anime DVDs are more wildly priced than Star Trek DVDs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Promophile
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettCRW
    If you want to see even worse pirating search for any anime title. More than 9 out of 10 of them will be pirated, and I'm not kidding.
    Man, I feel you on the anime. I don't even look on E-Bay for anime anymore. I guess I'll stick to amazon. for that. It just stinks because better deals could be had on E-bay without all the pirates/boots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Or soundtracks!

Well, so far I haven't heard of such a thing as a pirate strat guide, so...

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've actually got some pirate anime stuffs from ebay. One time I thought I was buying the real thing Princess mononoke dvd, looked like the real thing untill I got it in my hands upclose. That pissed me off. Since then thou, I have actually bought a fe boxed sets ebay again, the quality was excellent, the prices were even better. I think as long as the sellers are clear in what they are listing I wouldn't have a problem with it.

It's because ebay doesn't/can't allow it, that alot of sellers try and make their auctions look like the real thing. And that includes stock photo GBA auctions. Then you're more pissed off when you get them in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: Monkey Butt

Quote Originally Posted by rpepper9
    Why would someone who has been a member since 1997, and who has 1846 feedback rating at 96.7% positive be a NARU? It seems dumb to give all that up and start another screen name. Even if he had some bad feedback, they disapear off the front page of your feedback quite quickly if you sell or buy enough stuff.
    I personally consider someone with a rating of 96.7% to be a pretty bad eBayer. That means that they've pissed off someone enough to leave a negative in about one out of every 20 transactions. Would you deal with someone if you knew there was a one in 20 shot of being ripped off or mislead?
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Morbis
    I personally consider someone with a rating of 96.7% to be a pretty bad eBayer. That means that they've pissed off someone enough to leave a negative in about one out of every 20 transactions. Would you deal with someone if you knew there was a one in 20 shot of being ripped off or mislead?
    I agree. Adol probably makes a decent amount of money though... even though he is the one who outbid me on the mint megaman 2-6 lot.
    Midwest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Morbis
    Well it depends. Personally my rating is about 97-98 percent. However, I have like 70something feedback, and I've only recieved ONE neg. However, If someone has a 97-98 feedback rating with, say , 10,000 feedback thats over 300 negs! It all depends. The higher the feedback, the more worried you should be about a few percetange points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a 98% feedback rate. I have 6 negatives out of 300+ feedbacks. Out of those, 5 were outright lies or left hastily (people either did not contact me with a problem or didn't wait long enough for shipment to arrive). So basically, I have one honest negative feedback I earned back when I first started using Ebay because I didn't notice where the seller was shipping from.

So if I have an 83% false negative rate with my measly ~300 transactions, just imagine how tough it is on people who have thousands of transactions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, I noticed another ADOL account and it's from France so has to be him.