Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil... 4 ROCKS!!!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Resident Evil... 4 ROCKS!!!

This game is pure, awesomeness. Capcom has done a fine job "reworking" the series. Only problem is its just not scary... I hope that changes.

And that stupid "Making of DVD" is only 10 minutes long...

Currently playing in my dreams: The Brutal Balad of Fangus Klot (Xbox) Citizen Siege (Xbox 360) Hand of Odd (Xbox 360)
    -----
    R.I.P. Oddworld Inhabitants - Long Live the Independent Developer!

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You know what I hate about RE? It's something that has kept me away from the series and I want to like RE I really do. I Hate that I can't shoot and walk at the same time. Can you shoot and walk in this game? If so, I'm going out to get it tomorrow!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nope, but you can aim now. The whole fully 3D thing is really what makes the game so much better. Aiming and looking as well as just moving arround is so much easier... but thats why I think its less scary. No more surprise enemies as your field of view extends beyond the room your in.

...but don't let that stop you from picking it up. Using your weapons is so much easier.

Currently playing in my dreams: The Brutal Balad of Fangus Klot (Xbox) Citizen Siege (Xbox 360) Hand of Odd (Xbox 360)
    -----

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Everything about this game is better than any other RE in the series. I don't even feel like typing it all out...I can't find anything I don't like about this game. As far as the scare factor goes, I'll take the creapy action based battles of RE4 over the cheap scares and slow ass fights of the rest of the series any day.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I Called EB over the phone earlier today and they said they would sell me a copy of RE 4 ..but didn't have many left.
    Before I went to that particular store tonight I called back and they said they had none left..(no biggie)
    So,when I got there I noticed they had a ton of them (regular copies)but,I decided not to ask...

I went upstairs to Gamestop and they had none left..
    Hit a few Music stores on my travels in the Mall and they had nothing(not in yet)

My last resort: was Software Etc near the Food Court that I don't go in much.
    They sold me the Special Edition RE 4 with no questions asked....Freaken sweet!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

File me under the "I want to like Resident Evil, but I don't" folder as well. I'll definitely be renting this title, and I have high hopes for it as it seems like it may be fixing alot of the things wrong (imo) with the series...plus my cube could use a good dusting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nemesis223
    PSN
    Nemesis2233

Me and my friend are about 4 hours into RE 4, and it is by far one of the best games I have ever played! GET THIS!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

File me under the "I want to like Resident Evil, but I don't" folder as well
    Yeah, me too. But I was watching my brother play 4 today, and It looked nothing short of incredible. I'll have to give it a go sooner or later. Do you still have to "steer" your guy? I just can't get used to that.
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I've played a shitload of this game today, and, just wow. This game is absolutely incredible.

Granted, I've always loved the RE games, but this game is so different from the past RE games, yet retains what we love. But damn, nothing beats taking on 20 guys, from within a house, with a TMP. Damn, this game is just great.
    ~~~GrayFox~~~
    Current thoughts and published articles = http://grayfoxtastical.1up.com/

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also got RE4 today and after a couple hours I agree, this game ROCKS!

I played the original RE way back in the day and haven't touched another RE game since then. RE4 feels very familiar yet it's very fresh and easy to "pick up and play." I like the way Capcom did the third person perspective yet the game isn't like every other third person shooter game. It still feels very "RE" but with much more freedom and a camera view that is near perfect in the context the RE style of gameplay but nothing like the old fixed camera games.

I can see how some would argue that you can't straffe, or run and shoot and jump all about the place but then wouldn't it just be another third person shooter with an RE brand if it had that much freedom?

After spending time playing with Wind Waker, Ratchet & Clank UYA and GTA:SA its hard to give up some of that third person freedom I've grown accustomed to by playing these other games but RE4 easily holds it's own against these other heavy weights.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd like to add that while RE4 is an awesome action game, it lacks in the horror aspect of survival horror. Making a hero so powerful always detracts from the scariness of a game. Take, for example, the suffering.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Right now RE 4 is GC only, right? Are'nt there PS2 and XBox ports in the works?
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:35 am Post subject:
    Right now RE 4 is GC only, right? Are'nt there PS2 and XBox ports in the works?
    no xbox but a ps2 port comes out winter or spring next year.that is still way too long to wait to play this.ive only played three hours so far and i love this game so much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

mh i played the trial version i won in the "screenshot" contest here on the board and although atmosphere and graphics are brilliant i have problems with this one, imho the camera just plain sucks, i can't really look around corners, i don't see my enemies and if i'd play without sound i'd have no chance at all to realize someone is right in front of me sometimes

additionally, the controls just don't work for me, i don't know why, but they do. i'm pretty sure i'd love the game with a slightly better camera and a mouse to play it but this way it's not for me right now, maybe the final game has more control options to make them work for me....
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just got home from Gamestop, where I got the CE RE4 and Suikoden IV. I haven't played eithr one yet, but I'm gonna start Suikoden IV first.

I'm gonna put RE4 just to test it out and make sure it works, but it'll probably be a week or so before I actually begin to play it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Double Post

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by hydr0x
    imho the camera just plain sucks, i can't really look around corners, i don't see my enemies and if i'd play without sound i'd have no chance at all to realize someone is right in front of me sometimes.
    I don't think it's THAT bad, but my god, can you get flanked so easily. They really needed to add a 'look left/right' command somewhere. I mean, it's not far fetched. (Unless Leon doesn't have a neck)

So far so good, but right now.. it's not RE. Doesn't mean it's bad, hell, I think I like it better, but it's not the same much at all.

dave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd
    (Unless Leon doesn't have a neck)
    Maybe all his vertebrae have spontaneously fused?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hydr0x
    mh i played the trial version i won in the "screenshot" contest here on the board and although atmosphere and graphics are brilliant i have problems with this one, imho the camera just plain sucks, i can't really look around corners, i don't see my enemies and if i'd play without sound i'd have no chance at all to realize someone is right in front of me sometimes

additionally, the controls just don't work for me, i don't know why, but they do. i'm pretty sure i'd love the game with a slightly better camera and a mouse to play it but this way it's not for me right now, maybe the final game has more control options to make them work for me....
    The game changed a bit since the Trial came out. The camera is now a bit more automatic, but you also get better contol over it in the final version. Trial Version just lel you move up or down one view... you can look left, right, up, down all in analog.

They took the binoculars away too... I guess you don't really need them, but it would be nice to look for special items at a safe distance.

The Knife is now an always eqipped item too, doesn't take any space in your attache case. Hold L to bring it out... Glad they did this, I couldn't stand constantly eqipping the knife just to break crates, don't want to waste any ammo on those.

Horror Element comes back too, at night

-----

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks alot, you bastards. I was going to wait until this went down in price, but thanks to this thread, I've just put an order in for it.