Thread: Playstation 1

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Playstation 1

Okay, I have/had a deal on one of these with Vega, but things keep changing on the deal and things are starting to get more complicated and expensive, so if I can find another one from someone else I'd like to buy one. If not, I'll buy the one from Vega I guess... I'm looking for a system with hookups and controller(s) and preferably memory card(s) and game(s). If anyone has one they want to get rid of, please let me know by e-mail, reply, or private message. Thanks!

-Jessi
    Why do people with closed minds always open their mouths?

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Have you looked at any of the game stores in your area? I don't know what kind of price you're looking for, but I've seen the smaller PSX going for about $30 used around here. I know you've been trying to get a PSX for a while now, it doesn't seem like it should be causing you this much trouble.

And I'd probably stay away from any Vega deal if I was you If it's taken the guy this long to pull things together and you still don't have the goods, I'd say you're not going to get them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just so you know used stores aren't spending more then $10 for the old style systems.. you should be able to go in and buy one for $15 as they are all overstocked atm with everyone dumping them left and right because they got a ps2..
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jessi. IIRC, he offered it to you for 50 bucks.

Can you say RIPOFF?

Only in 4 languages!

You can get them for 15 bucks used at a store..with a controller or two.
    www.kessnet.tk
    Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only reason you'd want as PSX is to get the paralel slot for Game Shark or other enhancement devices that aren't supported on newer PSX or PSOne.

Do avoid the first generation PSX (identified by the 1000 series model number) as it had heat problem and the plastic laser diode rail can get worn out causing the laser diode not to reach the CD close enough anymore and result in read errors.

I have the 5000 series, one of the last best one with parallel slot. Later PSX dropped the port and the AV port as well, forcing you to use Sony propierty AV cable.

I've thought about replacing that with a PSOne so I could use the LCD display for on the road RPGing. Beside I never use the game shark. The only reason I got it was to make some easy game harder but it sucked.

$25 for a console plus standard AV cable plus 1 grey PSX controller (not dual shock, the original style) plus 2 Game Shark (partallel port only) v2 doesn't work, may need to be reprogrammed at Interact and a newer v3 that worked last I used. I don't have the port cover sorry. I think I may have a standard 15 block PSX card or 2 to throw in (I use 1440 block massive card and Dex Drive for backup & archival of save game).

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Kess: Yeah, but that included 3 games as well as the system, 2 controllers, and hookups. And he even came down to $30 at one point but then changed his mind like a million times...

@CrazyImpmon: Okay, that sounds good but I'll have to let you know for sure in a day or two.

And does anoyone have any games for sale? Cuz if I buy this I'll obviously not have any games, so if anyone wants to help me out...

-Jessi

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have the first psx model to play imports and thrill kill and its still going strong. i have never had a problem.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had my ps since july of 1997, still works fine, no skipping or anything. I got the red box ps when it first dropped. Its also chipped (Modded)
    I love the smell of spray cans in the morning

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, well the $25 offer is looking good. Vega says he has one for $20 but he didn't give specifics on it and I doubt that it's more than a system with controllers and hookups. And, I'm not sure if I wanna go through the trouble of negotiating with him again.

Still looking for games though...

-Jessi

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

FYI, you can get a swap disk for the later PSX. Plays imports and does the Gameshark thing like a charm!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmmm... Decisions, decisions... Well, I was browsing eBay just to see what I could find for Playstation stuff and I found an auction that I might get. It's at $36 right now and it has a PS console, two controllers, cords, the box. And Crash Bandicoot 2, WWF Attitude, and Grand Theft Auto. It also has a PS/N64 steering wheel. And a Sega Genesis with box, manual, two controllers, but no cords. And there are 27 Sega Genesis games; Road Rash, Road Rash 3, Jurassic park, World Cup 94 Soccer, Rolling Thunder 3, Space Harrier 2, Virtual Bart, Cosmic Spacehead, After Burner 2, Sonic Spinball, Street Fighter 2, World Series Baseball 94, PGA European Tour, Home Alone, Home Alone 2, Mortal Kombat, Taz Mania, Pacific Theatre of Operations, Toy Story, Winter Olympics, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Revenge of Shinobi, Columns, and Super Hang On. There's also a Game Genie with the code book.

Now, I already have a Genesis, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, and Sonic Spinball and a Game Genie. But, my Game Genie doesn't have a code book and I figure I can trade or sell that stuff off later. Does this sound like a good deal to everyone? Here's the link incase anyone's interested;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1369395033

Please let me know what you think! Thanks!

-Jessi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

First of all no more talk of "mod-chips" or "back-ups" or I will have to lock this topic. It is not allowed here and like it or not it is still illegal.

Secondly- SoccerJess I think you have some pretty cool posts so I will hook you up with games and/or system pretty cheap. Just let me know what games you like. I have 50+ PSX systems and thousands of games. Ask anyone else who I have "hooked up" in the past you will not be able to beat it anywhere.

Adam

doh almost forgot its Buyatari @ aol.com

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Okay, Buyatari, thanks! Games that I would be interested in are the Crash Bandicoot games, any Grand Theft Auto game, the James Bond games, the Command And Conquer games, any of the Spyro games, any of the Twisted Metal games, Dead or Alive, Toy Story 2, Hydro Thunder, Dave Mirra, Descent, Grind Session, Diablo, any of the Road Rash games, Driver 1 or 2, any Mortal Kombat games, Duke Nukem, any of the FFs, Q Bert, either of the Rainbow Six games, Gauntlet Legends, Legend of Dragoon, Legend of Mana, Madden 2002,Tetris Plus, Medal of Honor, Pipe Dreams 3D, Medal of Honor Underground, any of the the THPS series, any of the Mega Man games, Ogre Battle, Theme Hospital, Thrasher; Skate and Destroy, and a lot of the WCW and WWF games, and that's all I can think of right now. That's kind of a long list, so just let me know what you think about prices and things. And, also if you have them, I also want memory, Game Sharks, and 2 controllers. Thanks!!!

-Jessi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Well I can get you a PSOne with Monitor, extra controller and 2 mem cards. About 10 games with at least 5-6 being those you listed for $30.00 shipped.

Let me know
    Adam

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know if it's too late, jess, but I've got an extra genesis game genie book lyin' around if you want it...

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Adam: Yeah, that would be great! Thanks so much!

@anotherfluke: Yeah, I'm still in need so that would be cool too! Thanks!

-Jessi

P.S. My e-mail is SuperJessi13@yahoo.com so mail me your addresses and I can send out a money order!