Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *SOB* EBAY SELLER FEE INCREASE AGAIN!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default *SOB* EBAY SELLER FEE INCREASE AGAIN!!!

This is sad.

I'm not 100% these are the ebay us fees, but these are the .ca fees (in us dollars). I'm assuming that ebay.com (us) will be changing as well.
    Maybe, since thats where I list my stuff, we'll all be lucky and they wont.

Examples are:
    Store Ending Fees are 8% instead of 5.25%
    Above $25 is an addiition 5% instead of 2.75%.

BIN's above $10, from 0.05 to 0.10
    Above 25 from .05 to 0.20
    Above 50 from 0.05 to .25

10 Day Duration to 0.40 from 0.20

Store subscription went up.

Normal listing fees seem to have stayed the same... I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've received a message in my eBay saying the same thing. Here's the messaage.

Quote Originally Posted by eBay
    We are writing to let you know that effective midnight PST, February 18, 2005 eBay.com and eBay Motors will be making changes to the fee structure.

The fee changes are as follows:

Gallery
    Gallery fees will be raised from $0.25 to $0.35 per listing. We will also be increasing the size of the Gallery image on search and listings pages by 56%. This will make it easier for buyers to see details of the item before clicking into the listing.

Buy It Now
    Buy It Now fees will no longer be charged at a flat rate, and will instead be determined based on the Buy It Now price. Fees will be charged as follows:

Buy It Now Price Fee
    $0.01 - 9.99 $0.05
    $10 - 24.99 $0.10
    $25 - 49.99 $0.20
    $50+ $0.25

10-Day Duration
    The fee for 10-day duration listings will be raised from $0.20 to $0.40 per listing.

eBay Stores
    The fee for the Basic eBay Store subscription will be raised from $9.95 to $15.95 per month. The subscription fee for Featured and Anchor Stores will be unchanged.

eBay Store Inventory format listing insertion fees will remain unchanged. The Final Value Fee for Store Inventory items will change as follows:
    Closing Price Old Price New Price
    $0.01 - $25 5.25% of the closing value 8% of the closing price
    $25.01 - $1,000 5.25% of the initial $25, plus 2.75% of the remaining closing value balance. 8% of the initial $25, plus 5% of the remaining closing value balance ($25.01 - $1000)
    Over $1,000 5.25% of the initial $25, plus 2.75% of the next $25.01-$1000, plus 1.50% of the remaining closing value balance ($1,000.01 - closing value). 8% of the initial $25, plus 5% of the next $25.01 - $1000, plus 3% of the remaining closing value balance ($1,000.01 - closing value).

Store sellers will continue to be eligible to receive 50% off of the Store Inventory listing final value fees for Store Referral credit. Please click here for details.

Insertion and Final Value Fees
    The insertion and Final Value Fees will be changing for items listed in certain Business & Industrial categories. More details about the changes for these categories are provided below. The insertion and Final Value Fees in other categories will not be changing.

Business & Industrial Listings in Certain Categories
    The Reserve, insertion and Final Value Fees will be changing for select high item price capital equipment categories in Business & Industrial. Please click here to view the capital equipment categories affected by the pricing change.

The fee changes for these capital equipment categories are as follows:

* Reserve fee: Lowered to $5, refundable if the item sells
    * Insertion fee: Raised to $20, regardless of starting price
    * Final Value Fee: Lowered to a 1% flat fee, with a $250 maximum charge

Additional listing upgrade fees will remain the same as for eBay.com. Pricing for all other Business & Industrial listings outside the specified capital equipment categories will remain the same as for eBay.com.

eBay will also introduce Buyer Protection covering up to $20,000 per item in these capital equipment categories this spring. eBay will offer this Buyer Protection at no cost to the buyer or seller.

The following fee changes will apply to vehicle listings on eBay Motors.

Fee Changes for eBay Motors Vehicles Listings

Reserve
    Reserve will be charged a $5 flat fee for all eBay Motors vehicles categories except Pocket Bikes. This fee will still be refundable if your item sells.

10-Day Listings
    The fee for 10-day listings will be changed to $8 for all eBay Motors vehicles categories except Pocket Bikes.

Pocket Bikes Category
    The insertion fee and Transaction Services Fee will be lowered from $30 to $3 each.
    The following fees will remain the same: Reserve ($2 flat fee, refundable if item sells), Gallery (free), Listing Designer ($5) and Highlight ($5). Motors HomePage Featured fee will be lowered to $24.95 and Vehicle Picture Pack fee will be lowered to $1.50. All other fees will be lowered to become the same as those for eBay Motors Parts & Accessories categories.

For more information about these fee changes, please see our Frequently Asked Questions.

Some international eBay sites have also changed their fee structures. To learn more, please check Announcements for the eBay site of interest.

We understand that fees directly impact our members, and take care to ensure that any decisions to change fees are made only after careful consideration of this impact. These changes will help us continue to sustain and develop a thriving global marketplace, while balancing the needs of our buyers and sellers around the world.

Regards,

eBay

Expect to see everyone's shipping rates increase as a result.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Damn, what are we going to do when things start getting crazy? E-bay wont stop this will thay, I mean the prices just wont stop going up. I can see the day where eBay starts taking 15%. Which is in two weeks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Eventually I will start using alternatives such as Yahoo or Amazon if the price increases continue. But as I said, expect to see these increases included in shipping and handling prices.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

they charge too much already, you think with the quantity of sales they do for vertualy no admin or costs to them they would be happy with a small ammount.

I think this may be the end of small cost items, I know from now on im not listing anything unless I can make at least $20 profit on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The UK fees have changed aswell, but it's only for eBay Motors and some of the listing upgrades. Typical, since I'm just about to try and sell a car on my parents' behalf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RicknSam
    PSN
    howie6925

My buddy is trying to get his site off the ground and there is no fees for anything.

www.globalbidding.com

it is a new site started about a month ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is friggin awful. As it stands, my fees add up much too fast. Is eBay hurting or something? Or just testing the market to see how much they can RAPE us for in fees. Can you say monopoly? I'll call it Standard eBay.

eBay has no integrity, making us small sellers eat shit raising fees- I understand that they are a company, but it's not like they are hurting. If someone could do auctions and maintain the respect of a company like Google or Craigslist, it might be alot easier to say, 'I pledge allegance, to the --insert auction company here--.'

All these auction startups aren't going anywhere unless they stick it out for more than three months with ongoing improvements and some capitol to back them up. I can see a startup getting good advertising like Overstock (I mean, who the hell were they?) and doing it.

I'd like to see a scandal where an auction site searches eBay and has it's own auctions, to ease the transition to their own venue. Like they can automatically list on eBay for you AND their site, but for some reason, they have to make their site better.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow, this is great .

I just woke up to this awful news. The greedy whore that ebay is, is definately driving me away from selling on it. After reading the increases in the store final value fee I was shocked. I don't expect this to be a booming year for people to start an ebay store.

What pricks! I am pissed off and I am definately going to find other means and ways to sell stuff.

and on top of it all I have to be to spanish class in an hour... ugh, my thursday is sucking already.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am going to cancel my ebay store asap and sell all my stuff as quick as I can. Screw this. I wonder if I schedule auctions that start after the date, would I be charged for the current fees or the fees at the start of the auction?

I think it is just that they are trying to get as much money as they can out of people. I also think that the low cost items eat up their profits so they are trying to discourage people from listing stuff for only a few bucks.

The store fees were real reasonable but now that they are raising the comisisons to 8% I am not sure it is worth it any more. Not to mention the fact that ebay stores are not very accessible or user friendly. They suck. I think the only way people get to my ebay store is if they click on a link from one of my auctions. This makes the store fees get closer to the 15% of Amazon and Half.com when you also include the paypal fees associated.
    SNES Collector
    My collection: <a href=http://www32.brinkster.com/v1richstore/MyCollection/MyCollection.htm>Plain Text</a> Always willing to Buy/Sell/Trade
    <a href=http://stores.ebay.com/retrogamingheadquarters?&refid=store>My Ebay Store</a>

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Stuff like this makes me not want to start selling on ebay now.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ianoid
    This is friggin awful. As it stands, my fees add up much too fast. Is eBay hurting or something? Or just testing the market to see how much they can RAPE us for in fees. Can you say monopoly? I'll call it Standard eBay.

eBay has no integrity, making us small sellers eat shit raising fees- I understand that they are a company, but it's not like they are hurting. If someone could do auctions and maintain the respect of a company like Google or Craigslist, it might be alot easier to say, 'I pledge allegance, to the --insert auction company here--.'

All these auction startups aren't going anywhere unless they stick it out for more than three months with ongoing improvements and some capitol to back them up. I can see a startup getting good advertising like Overstock (I mean, who the hell were they?) and doing it.

I'd like to see a scandal where an auction site searches eBay and has it's own auctions, to ease the transition to their own venue. Like they can automatically list on eBay for you AND their site, but for some reason, they have to make their site better.
    *applause*

Not to mention, ebay doesn't do SHIT when sellers get hit with deadbeats over and over and over. I wouldn't be surprised if half the deadbeats out there are really just ebay shills trying to collect more fees (the listing fees are NEVER refunded, and I'm sure a lot of sellers forget to file for fee refundage every now and then) by screwing the sellers.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would not be surprised to receive a "new fee" email from Paypal in the enxt few days now.

Guess I am going to resort only to DP and NG selling threads from now on.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Notes:[*]What the green apple fuck.[*] I stopped using 10-day when it became apparent that most of my crap sells on the BIN, and that 10 cents was not worth it. Then they raised it to 20, now 40?! Get Bent, ebay.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just another reason why I'd much rather sell here than on ebay, or anywhere else for that matter.
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eBay
    We are writing to let you know that effective midnight PST, February 18, 2005 eBay.com and eBay Motors will be making changes to the fee structure.

The fee changes are as follows:

Gallery
    Gallery fees will be raised from $0.25 to $0.35 per listing. We will also be increasing the size of the Gallery image on search and listings pages by 56%. This will make it easier for buyers to see details of the item before clicking into the listing.
    .10 increase, 56% larger in size, not that bad of a trade off.

Buy It Now
    Buy It Now fees will no longer be charged at a flat rate, and will instead be determined based on the Buy It Now price. Fees will be charged as follows:

Buy It Now Price Fee
    $0.01 - 9.99 $0.05
    $10 - 24.99 $0.10
    $25 - 49.99 $0.20
    $50+ $0.25
    Not too bad there, I never use BIN prices, if it's such a huge deal here just up your BIN by .25.

10-Day Duration
    The fee for 10-day duration listings will be raised from $0.20 to $0.40 per listing.
    I have never once seen a purpose or a need to use over 7 days. I get better success with 3 or 5 anyways.

eBay Stores
    The fee for the Basic eBay Store subscription will be raised from $9.95 to $15.95 per month. The subscription fee for Featured and Anchor Stores will be unchanged.

eBay Store Inventory format listing insertion fees will remain unchanged. The Final Value Fee for Store Inventory items will change as follows:
    Closing Price Old Price New Price
    $0.01 - $25 5.25% of the closing value 8% of the closing price
    $25.01 - $1,000 5.25% of the initial $25, plus 2.75% of the remaining closing value balance. 8% of the initial $25, plus 5% of the remaining closing value balance ($25.01 - $1000)
    Over $1,000 5.25% of the initial $25, plus 2.75% of the next $25.01-$1000, plus 1.50% of the remaining closing value balance ($1,000.01 - closing value). 8% of the initial $25, plus 5% of the next $25.01 - $1000, plus 3% of the remaining closing value balance ($1,000.01 - closing value).

Store sellers will continue to be eligible to receive 50% off of the Store Inventory listing final value fees for Store Referral credit. Please click here for details.
    This is the only thing I see the be a major problem, stores were dirt cheap anyways in the first place. But I don't see a big purpose in haing a store on eBay anyways, when you search the items in your store don't even come up with the normal listings. Amazon would be better for a "e-store"

Insertion and Final Value Fees
    The insertion and Final Value Fees will be changing for items listed in certain Business & Industrial categories. More details about the changes for these categories are provided below. The insertion and Final Value Fees in other categories will not be changing.

Business & Industrial Listings in Certain Categories
    The Reserve, insertion and Final Value Fees will be changing for select high item price capital equipment categories in Business & Industrial. Please click here to view the capital equipment categories affected by the pricing change.

The fee changes for these capital equipment categories are as follows:

* Reserve fee: Lowered to $5, refundable if the item sells
    * Insertion fee: Raised to $20, regardless of starting price
    * Final Value Fee: Lowered to a 1% flat fee, with a $250 maximum charge

Additional listing upgrade fees will remain the same as for eBay.com. Pricing for all other Business & Industrial listings outside the specified capital equipment categories will remain the same as for eBay.com.

eBay will also introduce Buyer Protection covering up to $20,000 per item in these capital equipment categories this spring. eBay will offer this Buyer Protection at no cost to the buyer or seller.

The following fee changes will apply to vehicle listings on eBay Motors.

Fee Changes for eBay Motors Vehicles Listings

Reserve
    Reserve will be charged a $5 flat fee for all eBay Motors vehicles categories except Pocket Bikes. This fee will still be refundable if your item sells.

10-Day Listings
    The fee for 10-day listings will be changed to $8 for all eBay Motors vehicles categories except Pocket Bikes.

Pocket Bikes Category
    The insertion fee and Transaction Services Fee will be lowered from $30 to $3 each.
    The following fees will remain the same: Reserve ($2 flat fee, refundable if item sells), Gallery (free), Listing Designer ($5) and Highlight ($5). Motors HomePage Featured fee will be lowered to $24.95 and Vehicle Picture Pack fee will be lowered to $1.50. All other fees will be lowered to become the same as those for eBay Motors Parts & Accessories categories.

For more information about these fee changes, please see our Frequently Asked Questions.

Some international eBay sites have also changed their fee structures. To learn more, please check Announcements for the eBay site of interest.

We understand that fees directly impact our members, and take care to ensure that any decisions to change fees are made only after careful consideration of this impact. These changes will help us continue to sustain and develop a thriving global marketplace, while balancing the needs of our buyers and sellers around the world.

Regards,

eBay
    The rest doesn't even seem to affect us.

Overall, these fee changes aren't that bad, I see nothing major here.

No reason to get all upset over, I'll still use eBay.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wish they'd just jacked reserve fees through the roof instead. That may have had a positive effect. (I.E. less reserves - quit being a wuss and set your open at what you will take.)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Howie6925
    My buddy is trying to get his site off the ground and there is no fees for anything.

www.globalbidding.com

it is a new site started about a month ago.

Cheers, I'll join that free site.
    I am eBay's slut but my goodness, I hate that non-refundable listing fee!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by howdoin
    Same here.

Perhaps if eBay offered somewhat decent customer sevice to their sellers (tracking down deadbeats, etc) I wouldn't be so annoyed. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by howdoin
    Same here.

Perhaps if eBay offered somewhat decent customer sevice to their sellers (tracking down deadbeats, etc) I wouldn't be so annoyed. :/