Page 25 of 164 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Everyone
    My name is Alan and I am born and raised in Florida. I have been into games since I was a little guy. It all started with my cousins Fairchild, which i was very envious of even at the age of 5. Then my dad bought an Atari 2600 when I was in like 3rd - 4th grade. It was his until I started wiping the floor with him in Combat and Home Run, then it became mine. I moved out of gaming in the mid 80's to baseball ( I played and was a batboy for the Orlando Twins) until I got a Vic 20 and then a Commodore 64. Played that religiously until I left gaming again in the early 90's (even though i had a Super Nintendo, I think I only owned Mario World, Mario Kart, and Madden 93. Lucky for me my wife plays games as well so when we got our own place I decided to set up a game room, and the rest is history.

I own quite a few old systems now, though I really focus on the new systems more. I collect games I wanted to play but was to poor for back in the day, and spend a lot of time with my Mame machine and the new systems.

My favorite games are Mario Kart, NCAA Football, Super Pac Man, Super Mario World, Video Pinball (I had that down to a science) and JUMPMAN for the Commodore 64, my all time favorite. I hunt for old games quite a bit and sell some on ebay. I love reading everybodys finds for the week posts and favorite games. Maybe know that I conquered lazyness I will post my own.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default my welcoming new members

i'm prince millington
    im 16 and an avrage kid with autism
    i need da respect :snipersmile:

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, Im Jack Collier (Yes, THE Jack Collier from namek.co.uk, krud.co.uk and jc-host.com)

Im here to find out what item you need to get, and where from, to give to the wizardy vampire thingy on level 5 (ghost of wizkids past) on Wizkid (amiga).

IF YOU KNOW THEN E-MAIL ME AT: admin@namek.co.uk!

I WILL REWARD WITH HOSTING!! I AM THAT DESPERATE.
    I have been playing it for over 7 years, and can only get 8 kittens...

Jack

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I'm Marty and I am a packrat.I lurked for years, have posted a little lately and because I have been trying to send so many people this way I thought I would introduce myself.I'm a collector more than a gamer.I love the hunt.The first games I ever got into were Legend of Zelda anb Super Mario Bros. when I was young.I loved the Mario Bros Arcade that I would play after school at a local hang out.
    My biggest collection is my NES collection at about 300 games, but I love anything Sega more and anything less collected (RCA Studio, ODYSSEY and O2)I just recently hit the 1000 game mark across all collections.I love to find game related items, a sonic flag, a pac-man coffee cup, anything like that.
    I just turned 31.I'm a Mom, my kids have been trained in the hunt and we can fan out and cover a garage sale or thrift store in minutes.
    I like to play Sonic games,puzzle games,old arcade games (spyhunter,burgertime,donkeykong,etc.)
    My rarest game is O2 powerlords.I have a stand-up afterburner, and would really like to get another stand up as soon as I can find one I can afford.
    If your in or near Columbus, drop me a line.
    "How do you like my darkness now"

Insert Coin (Level 0) nothingisttrue's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default introduce yourself

my name is kyle nonneman im from columbia missouri
    i just started collecting stuff about a year ago i focus mainly on sega genesis/megadrive/cd games. i also am a experimental noise musican and have done a number of underground limited releases under the name nothingisttrue.
    i found this board while looking for a sega genesis rarity list. im 19 years old.
    my favorite games are little nemo (nes version),phantasy star series,dragon warrior,shadowrun,mother series(earthbound),digital devil games (persona etc),final fantasy series,xenogears,shining force,faery tale adventure, etc
    and my favorite composer of videogame music is martin galway.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Howdy... I visit this site fairly often, but I am just now registered here. I also post on AtariAge.com and PlayNintendo.com.

I am in Orange County, CA and collect for NES, SNES, and GameCube.
    Mark Magana- The Nintendo Penguin

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

My name is Matthew, or Matt...whatever you wanna call me.

I found this site cus my freind told me about it, and said it was a good place...so far it seems like he is right.

I live in San Diego, and I attend a highschool there...

I like music and movies alot and I'm just starting to get back into the classic gaming scene...I'm trying to collect NES games and basically anythign I can fnid that seems fun and worth while.
    Donnie: Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?
    Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi I'm Chris from Ontario. I grew up playing video games from the Intellevision up to the Super Nintendo. I lost interest in games around 94 or so, and just recently stuck my toe back in the water when I purchased a used Dreamcast system. Now I have to find games for the darn thing. They are typically cheap when I do find them, but, man, are they scarce up here.

I found this site when I googled info on top games per system. This place is an invaluable resource for gaming information, especially for uncommon games.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey there, Martin Bedard here, 22 year old from Saint-Lazare, Quebec, Canada. Known about Digital Press for a long time but never remembered to type it in when sitting in front of the keyboard . Saw a post about you guys on Twin Galaxies so I went for it. I like all types of games from the classic arcade titles all the way up to the modern ones. All genres except sports, if I can play with a couple of friends that's fine but otherwise i'd rather die than play a WWF or foot/base/basket ball game by myself. Play it in real life I say.

I'm a collector without a budget, I like the idea of it and when I see something for really cheap on Ebay I tend to go for it but that's all.
    I do have a fair amount of games though, it doesn't count though cause they're for playing not collecting :P . About 20 games for each nintendo system. I even have the Virtual Boy... woooo . I'd like to branch out into other systems when I get rich and take over the world.

In real life I'm a University student who works part time at a pizza place. On the net i'm a regular at Twin Galaxies so feel free to ask about that or anything game related. I have a fair amount of world records so i'm pretty knowlegable in that department.
    Martin Bedard

Currently: Deca2004

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi my name is Jason and I'm from Southwick, Mass. I've been a huge video game fan since I got my first Atari. I've been lurking here for awhile and finally decided to post. Systems I have:
    Atari 2600
    NES
    Sega Master System
    Sega Genesis
    SNES
    Nintendo 64
    PS1
    PS2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    roxxybaby

This is part introduction and part thank you.

I'm a senior in college who is scared of the real world so I decided to indulge in my childhood pleasures to give myself a bit of an escape. I lived with 2 PS2s, a PS1, a XBOX, a SNES, a NES and a Genesis last year (I had two male roomies, need I say more??) and it made me realize how much I missed my own consoles 2000 miles away at home. Now that all those wonderful boys graduated I live in a system-less house and I went stir crazy about three months ago. Back home, my N64 is in decent shape but my Genny is old and doesn't work to well so I decided to invest in a new one for my college apartment...

...which is where my thanks to you all comes in! I found this site from a google search last summer and since then you've guided me through buying a CDX and helped me keep myself from paying too much for some great games. So thanks!

I don't pretend to know a lot and my collection is a drop in the bucket comparably -- and I'll probably do some stupid things as I get used to posting on the forums. Sorry ahead of time. Nice to be here, though.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Introduction

- Who you are : Harmony =)
    - Where you live - Buffalo new york

- How you found the forums - my bf is always on it (enemy zero)

- What your favorite games are -mario,kingdomhearts,final fantasy,dark cloud, all the old games, and all the fun cool games lol

- What systems you collect for: nintendo,n64,ps2,gameboy (pocket,color advance),saturn,dreamcast,sega,sega cd...

- What you do in "real life" : student, worker, and raising a bunny lol

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc. I was little and I got my first system Atari...then i got nintendo and gameboy...i was always on it with my uncle and my cousin. I had such good times i never parted from them. Now I started collecting stuff with my boyfriend because hes a huge video game nut lol ... and well now my journey begins with the collecting experiance.
    ~*~ I hope I did this right lol ...Harmony ~*~
    ~ Whats this button do? ...Oh it makes u jump...look at that..~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all, I've been a member here for a little over a month and figured that it's high time I introduce myself, so here I go:
    - Who you are
    My name is Scott Pacheco, I'm 22, I live in Rhode Island, and right now I'm attending Rhode Island College for art and graphic design, and my girlfriend Holly rocks

- How you found the forums
    I found out about the DP after reading a short segemnt that Joe wrote for an issue of EGM a few months back

- What your favorite games are
    right now my faves are FFVI, Castlevania: SOTN, Chrono Trigger, Mega Man 2, and the Sonic series

- What systems you collect for
    Right now I'm trying to get a complete collection of SMS games, but I also collect for genesis, NES, dreamcast, Atari 2600, and I will soon be getting another Saturn, sega cd, atari 7800, and famicom, so I will collect for those also, and maybe C64 in the future

- What you do in "real life"
    right now I'm a supervisor at a local dollar store, but after I get out of college I plan to movie into graphic design and/or illustration

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I've been playing games pretty much all my life, but didn't really start to seriously collect them until I joined this site. I also collect video game stuff like mags, posters, promos, figures, things like that. and I've also been collecting comics since I was about 5 or 6, I'm really into batman, but collect about 20 to 30 other titles ranging from new series to old ones.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Forgot to introduce myself so here goes. I'm 20 and reside in Michigan. I enjoy gaming on any platform but my favorite platform (also the platform I am starting to collect for) is the Sega Genesis. My first system ever was a ColecoVision that my dad bought at a yard sale back in about '88. My sister and I played the heck out of that system. Our favorite games that we had were Pitfall! and for some reason Cabbage Patch Kids: Adventures in the Park. I remember racing my sister from the bus stop all the way up the driveway, into the house and down into the basement to fire up the ColecoVision and take the first turn playing it. In 92' we finally made the jump to 16 bit systems with the Sega Genesis. I got it as a present for my 9th birthday. I never had very many games but remember playing a lot of different games that I rented. The few I owned were Sonic, Ms. Pacman, Ariel the Little Mermaid, Cool Spot, Aladdin, Toe Jam & Earl 2, Paperboy, and a few more. After 5 years and many hours of playing the Genesis, the R/F/ connector cord broke and I never bothered to get it fixed or replace it. Shortly thereafter, I sold it in a yard sale (wish I hadn't done that). About 2 months ago I was browsing eBay and thought I would check out game systems and came across the old Genesis platform for cheap. Long story short, I decided to start collecting for the Sega Genesis. Here is a list of what's in my collection so far:

Sega Genesis System 1 (Model MK-1601) w/ Original Instructions
    2 Original Controllers
    Original AC Adapter
    Original RF Switch

Each game has it's original box with the original instructions:

American Gladiators
    Animaniacs
    Cool Spot
    Liberty or Death
    Ms. Pacman
    Mutant League Hockey
    Mystic Defender
    NFL '95
    NHL '96
    Powermonger
    Rocket Knight Adventures
    Sonic Spinball
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    Street Fighter 2 Special Champion Edition
    Strider
    Super Monaco GP
    Tazmania
    The Simpsons: Bart's Nightmare
    The Simpsons: Krusty's Super Fun House
    The Simpsons: Virtual Bart
    Zombies Ate My Neighbors
    Zoom!
    Game Genie w/ Box, Inserts and Code Book

I've paid a little over $100 (including shipping) for it all.

Sorry for the long post, there's my story.
    Got some complete Genny games you'd like to sell for cheap? PM me plz. Especially looking for Aerobiz: Supersonic, Genghis Kahn 2: Clan of the Gray Wolf, Operation Europe: Path to Victory 1939-45, Time Killers, Gaiares, Herzog Zwei, and Skeleton Krew.

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been an on and off lurker on this site for some months now and i finally decided to join the forum

- How you found the forums

Hmm...I think it was a link on another forum reguarding the "Rooms of Doom" section on the site.

- What your favorite games are

Super Mario 3, Sonic and the Streets of Rage series. Probably some others i cannot think of at the moment.

- What systems you collect for

Genesis is my main system i collect for. I collect domestic and import games for this along with my Saturn.

The rest of my systems i collect for but not on the same level as with my Genesis and Saturn

- What you do in "real life"

I work at a game store

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

I gave up console gaming around '94 and stuck to PC games for about 6 years. In 2000 i bought a used NES (the 2nd one i have owned) at a garage sale and my interest in console gaming started up again.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is another great game related site for me to visit. Here are some facts about me:

Who you are

My name is Eric and I am currently 37 years old.

Where you live

A place called Arnold, Maryland. I live very close to Washington DC.

How you found the forums

There was a link to this site from www.twingalaxies.com and I followed it.

What your favorite games are

My favorite game type has always been strategy games. Currently I play quite a few RTS games on my PC.

What systems you collect for

Currently I only collect classic handheld/tabletop games from the 70's and 80's. I plan to also collect a few classic video game systems I never owned, but always wanted to.

What you do in "real life"

I work as a software engineer and raise my 3 kids with my wife.

Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc

There's nothing all that interesting in how I got into collecting games. Though I think I have lived an interesting life so far. There is nothing I currently wish to share here about my personal life. Maybe when I get to know some of the members here a bit better?

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my name is luke, and i live in northwest ohio. there are surprisingly many outlets for used games here, and ive found them all(i think). ive been collecting since late 2000, and have amassed a ridiculous collection of games spanning 35 systems(over 2700 unique titles) and countless hundred label variations. i have kept track of the games from the beginning, and tracked the cost of each(so i know how much ive spent total). i remember when i went from casual gamer to collector.....

but my background first! when i was very young we had a 2600. i played the hell out of the 2600, as did my brother and parents. my favorite game then was demon attack, id play that for hours(i think game variation 8, where the projectile moves with the ship), but also played frogger, pacman - the usuals. in about 1985 my best friend got an NES system for xmas...who didnt? me thats who. the folks didnt have a lot of expendable income to drop on video games, so i was told to go play my atari. they claimed the NES would take up homeowrk time too. long story short, i was the only kid i knew without an NES and i would stay up til 4 am on nights i stayed over at their houses playing excitebike, battletoads and the like.

my bro bought a SNES when he was a senior in high school, and i bought some games for that, but wasnt more than a casual gamer. then one day i brought out my old atari to play, and ended up convincing some friends to let me 'borrow' their favorite 2600 games. still a casual gamer, but a resourceful one. this is how it started..slowly. one day i was walking around one of the local goodwills(referred to from here as 'the wheel') and spied 30 NES games for $1 each. i didnt have an NES system so i coudlnt play them, but damned if i didnt buy all 30 of em. that was when i consider myself to have become a collector. i coudlnt play these games, but bought them to have. to look at. maybe it was me striking back(ask jung, freud or joyce brothers or someone) at the oppressive parents, or maybe it was just the same thing that makes us all do what we do. so then i found a blinky as heck NES system and thought that was great and it spiraled from there.

Incidentally, the majority of the 30 games i bought at the wheel were adorned with the name 'PENNY YBARRA'. i still ahve many of those games. its like they have sentimental value or something. i dont know if i should hate ms. ybarra or thank her...
    i guess shes responsible for starting it all...

so heres a terrible story for all of you. maybe youll learn a lesson or something. in my very early days of collecting(post 30 NES purchase, pre any other purchase) i went into a junk shop in a less than desirable part of town. all along the one wall were 2600 games. i, knowing nothing of rarity or that anyone else in the world cared about 2600, gazed along the commavid games and various other atari and xonox games and said 'man, ive never even heard of any of these games'... and the now horrible sounding "$5 each for atari games?!?"..those games were probably worth hundreds, though i only remember a few titles...so 2 weeks later the junk shop closes and has an auction and i thought it was the next week and drove by 2 hours after it started and saw it was this week and it was now over so i missed all of these games that were fantastic. i could have a rocking atari collection but i was stupid and sdidnt pay attention. oh well these things happen i learn my lesson! right?

fast forward about 2 years and im walking through the local savers(another junk store chain). my girlfriend spies something that looks a lot like a power pad, but its orange. she says "is that for nintendo?" and i, being a cocky i-know-everything-video-game-related-because-IM-a-collector say "nope" ....
    so someone else got the family fun fitness pad. i did learn my lesson that time. now i look no matter what and have educated myself and continue to search out new information.

if anyone sees me refer to my girlfriend as a 'girlfiend', that is a term of endearment.

girlfiend, N. a female campanion that sometimes complains about the time and money invested in games and playing, then, after you convince her that she might like playing, usurps control of your system for (most commonly) a puzzle game.

"id really like to play the gamecube today, but my girlfiend has been playing EGGMANIA for most of the afternoon" but i will say eggmania is kinda fun...

i dont like buying off of ebay because most of the stuff i have bought from ebay comes in less than stated condition, and its no fun. some of the rare stuff you have to buy from ebay i understand, but anyone with a bunch of money could have a complete NES set in about 2 weeks. i enjoy finding the rare stuff at junk stores or mispriced at used games stores. i dont buy sealed items unless its to sell them because, though i hardly ever take the time to play my games, what if i really wanted to play the sealed game? then id have to open it and i can get much more for a sealed copy than an opened copy. not that i sell any game i dont have 2 of anyways.

my collection fills the larger of the two bedrooms in my house, and i am beginning to realize my collection neednt be as complete as i once believed. ive also ammased a bunch of doubles from garage sale buying (systems games, etc.) that ebay is going to see as soon as i find the time to test everything. with that money i should be able to complete my NES collection(63 games), virtual boy collection(2 games) and maybe ill spend the money to complete master system(42 games) and microvision(5 games).

someday i might get organized and try to submit photos of the game room for all to see.

oh yeah, im 25 years old. and found this site by looking for rarity guides. i printed those off to track the systems and games i dont have yet and checked in for about a year before registering.

i wonder how many have read this through start to finish? sorry for the long post, i dont know anyone else who collects, so you all are my only audience!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default introduce yourself

Ok, my turn.
    My name is Matt Kistka (minorleagueguy). I'm 36 years old, and have been a "classic" gamer for 3 years now.
    I live in Cheektowaga NY, a suburb of Buffalo NY.
    I also belong to Atari Age, and found the DP site through them.Also, I bought the last guide(7th), and still read it every day!
    I don't really have a "favortie" game, as all my systems get played on a regular basis.
    I have the following systems hooked up to one tv in my rec-room,2600,5200,7800,o2,arcadia 2001,intelly,CV,astrocade,channel f, telstar adcade, and 7 different pong units.
    My wife and I also have 3 arcade games in our rec-room, Out-Run, Tetris, and one that plays DK,Galaga, and Ms.P-M.
    I am a produce mamager with a local supermarket chain in the area.

I guess that's about it, I look forward to talking to everyone here

minorleagueguy

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,
    My name is Jeff, and i have been a member of AA for about 6 months, and heard of digitalpress from there. I am 38 and have played video games since the Atari 2600. A list of systems I own:
    Atari 2600
    Atari 7800
    Nintendo nes
    Super Nintendo
    Nintendo 64
    Game Cube
    Playstation 2
    Sega genesis
    Atari Jag
    Atari Lynx
    Sega Gamegear
    4 differnt gameboys
    X-box

Hope to be posting a lot on here.
    visit www.gamerzuniverse.net for reviews and articles about video games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re:

Hey, I'm Josh. I'm from Portland, OR. As for my age, since I'm not going to be updating this post any longer, I'll just say I was born on September 24th, 1982 and let you do the math.

I found Digital Press in February 2004 while looking for a Super Nintendo rarity list.

I'm more of a gamer than a collector, but I still have over 750 games in my collection, including over 160 SNES games and over 120 NES games.

A list of video games and systems I own can be found by clicking the "Game Collection" link in my signature. There's also a link to my CD collection (mostly hard rock, classic rock, and metal) if you're really bored.

In no particular order, here's my favorite games for each system I've played:

Atari 2600: Pitfall!
    NES: Super Mario Bros. 3
    Super NES: Super Metroid
    Genesis: Sonic The Hedgehog 2
    Sega CD: Sonic CD
    Game Gear: Sonic Chaos
    Atari Jaguar: Tempest 2000
    Virtual Boy: Wario Land
    Nintendo 64: Mario Kart 64
    PlayStation: Gran Turismo 2
    PlayStation 2: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    Gamecube: Super Smash Bros. Melee
    Game Boy: Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
    Game Boy Color: R-Type DX
    Game Boy Advance: Castlevania: Aria Of Sorrow
    Nintendo DS: New Super Mario Bros.
    Wii: Wii Sports

I am obsessed with video games. I don't want everything, just stuff I know I'd enjoy, making me more of a gamer than a collector. But there's a lot of games I'd enjoy, which means I'm going to have one hell of a collection. Living in Portland, OR, there's a good selection of stores out here that focus on new and old systems alike.

So there you go. Keep on gaming!
    Last edited by DigitalSpace; 07-19-2007 at 05:58 AM.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.