Page 128 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    drek

Hi all!

Who: Josh

Where: Ontario Canada

How: Heard about it on Assemblergames

Favorites: Arcade classics (Donkey Kong), Shooters, RTS.

What systems: 2600, PS, Xbox, DC, GC, NES, 360 (mostly betas, not so much into collecting normal games).

What you do in "real life": Retail management.

Interesting facts: Always loved video games, love tinkering with systems with special mods, DC VGA, 360 Jtag, etc. But over the last little while I've just had a hunger for rare & obscure. Started on a 360 beta/preview/alpha collection.

Insert Coin (Level 0) wfnjstallion's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey everyone my name is Wayne. I have been coming to the store and this site for a few years now but never introduced myself.

I am originally from CA, now a proud resident of northern NJ. A few years back along with someone I knew locally from college I decided to rekindle my love of video games and thus began the search for old school video game stores. I had the NEs when I was younger, but it was the last system I owned until the Gamecube so needless to say there was quite a gap to cover. In my college days I fell in love with the N64 & PS2. We found Digital Press b/c a co-worker of mine lived in Clifton and said we should check it out. Our 1st trip to the store was a treasure chest of greatness and I was back in full swing collecting.

My favorite games are Mario, Zelda, Sonic, baseball, and Goldeneye. My collection currently consists of NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, PS2, PS3, 360, Gameboy, & DS. I will be purchasing a Sega Genesis in the very near future.

I am currently an accountant, but my true passion is in sports. Hopefully someday I can make that transition so when I am at "work" I am actually having fun, and not stressed out of my mind.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In the intrusively bothersome thing known as real life, my name is Todd and I'm working at a newspaper company in Dayton, Ohio. Aside from the requisite love of gaming, my hobbies include reading, hiking, and animation.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello All,
    This is ryan, I am newbie here..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all,

I was looking for some video game forum which covers my video gaming needs.
    A friend recommended Digitpress forums on AG, so here I am!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi! I'm an avid game collector/player since 1987 when i opened a NES on christmas in 1987.

Im from Massachusetts, and will collect just about any gaming system, game, neat obscurity that fascinates me. My favorite part about collecting is the poking and prodding fun you can have at yard sales and flea markets. I started collecting because years back I sold/lost my games for stuff i long forget. Emulators didn't satisfy what i was looking for, as they don't look and feel correct. Nothing IMHO beats playing a game on the hardware it was intended for.

I came across this forum in a Google search when i was looking up SNES variants. I picked up a SNES that didn't have any color degradation. When I opened it to give it a good cleaning, i noticed it had different internals than the one i had from the early 90's. I noticed lots of good information being passed around and thought i had a bunch to learn from this group of people.

Favorite games? Toughie!

Twisted Metal 2
    Final Fantasy 6
    Final Fantasy 7
    Any Need For Speed where i get to run from the cops.
    Any Dynasty Warriors that comes out (old ones are obsoleted in this series IMO)
    The legend of Zelda
    Zelda II
    Demon's Souls

This list could continue ad infinitum.

Anywho, Im glad to join up here.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Eleuthria (Michael)

Hello everybody. I'm a newbie to the forums here, but I'm hoping to become a regular. I've opened a vintage/classic used video game store recently (link to come later), and felt that a good way to get started would be establishing a presence in some of the communities where my fellow old school gamers are at.

I've been playing video games since I was 2 and a half (1989). I grew up on NES and Game Boy, and was always one of the first kids in school to have the latest gaming consoles. Growing up I always thought it would be neat to own a video game rental store, or just a general store. Little did I know that mail based rentals would kill brick and mortar places, and that the mom and pop stores would be all but extinct due to GameStop and Wal-Mart.

By far my favorite consoles were SNES and Genesis. Around the age of 6 or 7 I became an avid RPG gamer, and I still own almost every RPG released for the SNES. Recently I've been going back and working on collecting complete in box copies of my favorite games from that era.
    Last edited by Eleuthria; 02-22-2011 at 12:59 PM.

Cherry (Level 1) Eternal Champion's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did I post in this thread way back in 2003? Who knows...

Joined the site in '03 when I got back into the NES. Got a NES in 1987, sold it in 1990 for a Genesis, which I still have. Got a SNES with Zelda III in 1994, which I still have. Bought a NES with new 72-pin in 2002 and my old games again after my NES Classics Metroid was #@$% stolen from basement storage. Just the cart! Man, Ebay was mad for video games back then.
    Sadly I sold off Phantasy Star II a couple of years ago (cripes that thing cost me an arm and a leg in 1991); I'm in my mid-30s with a child; the days of PSII are long gone.
    In 2006 got a Dell WFP monitor specifically for the composite and s-vid inputs. SNES on s-video...yeah.
    Got obsessed with RGB and s-video for Genesis back then but figured it would never happen.
    This lingering obsession has brought me back here.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,i am lynne from Anchorage Alaska ,i am new here,glad to meet you here,hope to know more about you...........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello

Not sure if this is rare but, I am a Megaman fan from the UK I found this forum by my random searches on google. yeah, dont ask what I was searching for....

I collector many many Megaman games. I surprised even myself on how many PAL megaman games I got mint in box.

In "real life" I fix peoples computers in offices. But I am looking to do software testing in my next role and study for my software testing exams.

I look forward to staying with the forums.

-Forte

Insert Coin (Level 0) SCEDevnet's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone, my name is Nigel and I live in New Zealand, and I am on ASSEMblergames and that's how I found this wonderful place!

My favourite games of all time are the SSX Series, I think that I'm the man at those games!

I am a mad collector of everything PS2 related, and my most recent addition to my ever growing collection was a DTL-T10000H, I also own a White Version 4, an Aqua Version 9, a Silver Version 10 and various other black versions 3-10!

I am a Senior Concrete Cutter for my daily job and amatuer PS2 programmer in my spare time!
    PS2 Consoles Owned:- DTL-T10000H with DTL-H10030 HDD, A Broken DTL-H30002S, SCPH-30002, SCPH-30002RSW with SCPH-20401 running Kermit, ODEM, & HDD-OSD, SCPH-30003, a chipped SCPH-35002, SCPH-50002 with Swap Magic Lid, Aqua SCPH-50003, & White SCPH-55006 GT!!

Insert Coin (Level 0) jordandavid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The ps2 collecting is pretty interesting!
    Just my two coins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VanMetra16
    PSN
    TecmoZack

Hello All,

I'm Zack! 28 year old dude from Dallas Texas. I currently own a PS3 and XBOX 360. I have an itch to play some classic games and build a collection up. Been gaming since 1987 when I got a NES. I like to play games and watch sports for fun.

My favorite console of all time is the Sega Genesis. My 2 favorite games were NHL 94' and RoboCop vs The Terminator.

My favorite games that I play current gen are All Pro Football and the Rainbox Six series.

I stumbled on this site looking for a review on a Gen-X and am glad I found it.

Happy Gaming!
    Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome.

Insert Coin (Level 0) jwmollman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all! I'm John from Cincinnati, OH and I'm 20 years old.

I'm currently a student of business information systems (business application programming/computer programming on the business side). For my hobbies, I enjoy playing retro video games, making some amateur artwork, and making simple little web pages with my free time. I have a website which is pretty small right now located here if you're interested. I also like to read computer programming topics and explore the world of open source software. I have a big interest in Linux and the various distributions (preferably Debian).

Other interests of mine include electronics and microprocessors (I just like to pass time by researching the hardware used in the classic consoles and arcade cabinets and whatnot).

Gaming caught my attention in 1997 when I saw my cousin playing Goldeneye 007 for the N64. After being jealous and wanting my own modern console, I asked for the PlayStation for Christmas later that year. I started hard-core gaming on the PlayStation with the classic Squaresoft titles up until the PS2. Once the PS2 made its release I started to lose interest in the newer consoles. After a few years, I gave the classic 16-bit consoles a try again and haven't put them down since. I've always been more interested in the 16-bit generation of gaming more than any other generation. My family originally had a SNES through the years so I started with that. A few years back, I decided to pick up a Genesis (model 1) and a NES at a local store used (in pretty damn good condition too). I even purchased some of the good classics like Dragon Warrior, Final Fantasy I, and Ultima for pretty darn cheap.

So that is me, and even through the hard studies of college and a part-time job in a restaurant, I still manage to fit in lots of time for classics such as Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III, and Super Metroid on my Super Nintendo, and Phantasy Star II and IV, and the Sonic series on my Genesis, all while searching Amazon from time to time for older classics to fill my closet with. Maybe one day I'll have a collection like the others have in the galleries on this site.
    Last edited by jwmollman; 02-28-2011 at 02:48 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Brett-Magnetic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I am Brett Magnetic

Hello everyone, my name is Brett! \m/ I hail from Wisconsin, love metal, and have always been stuck on video games! I tour with bands doing such jobs as tour managing and selling merch plus much more! I like a wide variety of games(except sports), and I find myself playing games that most would consider nerdy. I like to collect weird promotional video game items, demos, etc. Not much more to tell you at the moment, but thanks for letting me into your community!! Any questions, please feel free to ask!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- i live in illinois
    - the user kiddo wanted me to test some bs satellaview game
    - i like platformers and rpgs
    - i collect snes games but i play them too
    - i'm a student
    - i'm male and i have a bit of experince in snes rom hacking and homebrew
    signature

Insert Coin (Level 0) DangerMan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all. In my spare time, I make (poorly done) animation episodes about obscure retro video game concepts. Not really a popular style, but hey it is fun to me and it makes me laugh so that's good enough for me.

You can find a link to my youtube videos in my sig. Please do check them out.

I have always been a huge fan of Final Fight for the SNES and to create animations about Mike Haggar keeps me entertained for hours on end.

I can't really get into all the new games and stuff they make these days. I would still rather crank up the old 8 bit consoles. (After a few smacks they always start working)
    Check out my newest SNES animation episode!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrWGbaldHqA

Subscribe to my channel or you might break an ACL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default memememememe

My name is Zoran, i found the forums because of the digital press store, which i found by surfing the interwebs
    My favorite games would have to be mainly dreamcast games like sonic adventure 1 & 2, skys of arcadia, pso, shenmue, but a pretty obscure game that i love is for the genisis called Two Crude Dudes
    I collect for nes,snes,n64,genesis,dreamcast, and im hoping to get some more .
    In rl i still go to school I started collecting a few years ago, when i bought an n64 from a friend and a few games (i already had a genesis then) He gave me a few titles i knew like Yoshis island, Banjo Kazooie, Super Smash Bros etc... But the first game i decided to play was one i never heard of, superman 64. i popped that game in and had one of the hardest challenges ever, the game was awful, it did not make sense in the least bit, but i still felt like i NEEDED to play it. I played it for a week practicing and practicing but could not beat it, then i tried the other games which made me so happy considering they werent shit like superman. So from then on out i felt like i had to keep playing these amazing games

Insert Coin (Level 0) atari2600land's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all. I'm atari2600land. You may recognize me from the AtariAge forum, where I currently have over 5,000 posts and am nearing my 5th year there. Anyway, I hope to have a long prosperous stay at this forum as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Ninjamohawk

My name is Tim and I live in St. Paul Minnesota. (I originally come from Roseville MN though.) I just recently started collecting NES carts (I'm really early on, I only have about 80 or so.) and the guys at RetrowareTV talked about DigitalPress. I've also lurked here for a long time for various subject but never regged.