Page 105 of 164 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking Yeeeeah!!!!

- I'm SHERBO64, don't ask how that came to be, don't really remember.
    - I live in Melbourne, Australia, so I import a lot of games to get them at the right time.
    - My favourite games are probably the zelda and banjo series', but I've been entering a JRPG phase.
    - Most of my games are for n64, but i have no real focus with collecting, anything that interests me I'll pick up. I don't go back to before snes though, I'm only seventeen so it doesn't really interest me, coming before my time, but maybe when i get a job and more money...
    - Outside of my virtual worlds I'm a student in my final year of High School, so don't expect a great deal of activity until the end of the year when exams finish!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi my name is john and I live in america. I found the forums by searching video game rarity guide. My 5 favorite games are mario 3, mario galaxy, resident evil 4, left 4 dead and chrono trigger. I collect for nes, sega genesis, snes, sega saturn, sega dreamcast, nintendo 64, gamecube, wii, game boy, game boy color, game boy advanced, nintendo ds, xbox, xbox 360, ps1, ps2, psp and sega game gear. Im not old enough to get a job. Ive been playing video games since I was 3. I havent collected video games until a few years ago when I noticed how many video games I accualy had. I own about 500+ video games and I play runescape a ton.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Hi,I'm PSP509

My name is Chris,I live in IL close to the University Of lllinois in Champaign,IL.I've had my own business since 1978.I'm 45, and have been an arcade,handheld,and home gamer since 1973/4.I started gaming playing pinball at 9/10 in '73 or '74.I then moved to Mattel Electronics stuff in 1978.Then to a Vectrex Arcade System/Graphic Computer System in January 1984.I amassed a complete collection from '84 through the 90s.My passion is handhelds,old or new!I have probably 500 from 1978 to 2008-GB,Lynx,PSP,etc

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hey

hey, just joined here, was watching some Petedorrs videos on Youtube and he menioned this so thought I'd check it out always been into gaming, still love my sega Megadrive/genesis started collecting, not huge collection but o well, I live in England-Birkenhead, and Im currently in college

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Patrick, I live in NW burbs of IL.

I have been getting into completing my retro system collection recently, and via google kept stumbling upon this site. Figured it was about time to join.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello.

Heard about this site from a youtube vid. Thought I'd sign up as I'm a newcomer to retro gaming and have a lot of questions to ask.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey,

How is it going, I have been posting alot lately so figured I would introduce myself. Duo-R, I am an old school Turbografx / PC Engine fan (screename is of my favorite PCE console).

I have been a part of the Turbo community for a while, primarily I specialize in various mods. You can check my website here:

http://www.geocities.com/duo_r@sbcglobal.net

if you ever googled region modding or other mods for the Turbo, my name has probably popped up. I have the same username in various old school gaming forums out there.

I also have all 3 next gen systems currently on the market. Lately all the new systems don't get played very much since I have been doing alot of retrogaming (and modding).

Mods include region mods for most of the systems I listed above (old school), LED mods, and RGB mods. If you do some searches on here, I have posted a couple of the things I have done.

Some of the questions:

- Who you are - Duo------R
    - Where you live - Norcal
    - How you found the forums - Google searches
    - What your favorite games are - TG-16/PCE
    - What systems you collect for - SNES, Saturn, Genesis, TG-16/PCE
    - What you do in "real life" - what I don't do in my fake life
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc. - Some of that info is listed above. 1st system was a Atari 2600.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Animaniac's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Andrew. I actually signed up awhile ago (Around the time of the classic Nerd/Captain S/Critic battle. I was there. I'm the chubby short guy in the glasses on the left when Doug walks in ) Been gaming since I was 5. Owned (and still do own) these systems:

Sega Master System (Not sure if I still have this)
    SNES (Best of all time)
    Sega Genesis (With a Master System converter)
    N64
    PSX (Which I neglected for the longest time until recently. I played FF VII for the first time last month...I'M 23! )
    Game.Com
    Game Gear
    Game Boy Color
    Original Game Boy (Don't know if I still have this)
    PS2 (Traded this for some SNES games)
    Nintendo Wii (Gave this to my sister. I'm at college and I have a small dorm room.)
    May get a PS3 in the future. Don't know.

I'm also autistic (Parents found out I had Asperger's when I was little.) Despite that, I was able to graduate with a Regents diploma and could have a Bachelor's in 2 years. Not bad for someone in my situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey every1, I'm from México, I've been a retrogamer for a while (since the NES appeared... but back then it wasn't called "retrogaming"), I actually knew about this site looking for "overlooked snes games". I just found it great to be part of a community of people who likes the same (or almost the same) stuff I'm into.
    There are many games I'd call "my favourite ones", the list would be long, but I can say that I'm a big fan of the original mega man series, battletoads, zelda, star fox, etc... I'll post some of my collection later.
    I consider myself a snes game collector, but I also collect NES, game boy, N64 & game cube games.
    I used to play a lot, and I mean, A LOT of SNES games about 15 years ago, then, something made me stop, and here I am again, I guess I get nostalgic and I feel like I'm younger again, also, I think that games were much better back then, when, graphics weren't the most important deal. Games used to be much more creative, simple and addictive, you could beat 'em in just minutes, and have a great time.
    I'm not afraid of 8's, I'm afraid of 3's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Greetings fellow retro gamers! Glad to find a forum where I don't get looked at like a Martian for mentioning anything older than the PS2.
    I've been a collector of classic games since back when I got my first Sega Genesis back in 2001. Since then, my collection has expanded to include:
    - 2x Sega Genesis Model 2.
    - 2x Sega Genesis Model 1.
    - 2x Sega 32X.
    - 1x Sega Saturn.
    - 1x Sega Dreamcast.
    - 1x Sega Master System.
    - 2x Sega Game Gear.
    - 1x Nintendo Entertainment System Model 1.
    - 1x Super Nintendo Entertainment System.
    - 1x Nintendo 64.
    - 1x Atari VCS.
    - 1x Sony PlayStation.
    - 1x Sony PlayStation 2.
    - 1x Sony PlayStation Portable.
    - 1x Nintendo Game Boy.
    - 1x Nintendo Game Boy Pocket.
    - 1x Fairchild Channel F.
    - 1x SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color.
    And those are just the ones I can see as I type this. I also own an interesting third-party peripheral:
    - 2x Aura InterActor (early Sega Genesis and SNES compatible "rumble" backpack).
    Anyway, glad to join the forums. Here's to the games of yore!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey there everyone, ummmm well I collect and play for anything from 2600 to the PS2. I have a wide array of other hobbeys from music to filmmaking etc. I'm from Florida and can't think of much else to say.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Hello

My name is Andrew, I'm 27 and I live in Southern Virginia. I have lurked on this site for around 5 years but never posted. I love old school games but I also love my Nintendo DS. I have some neat things in my collection including a Turbo Duo and several NES and SNES cart reproductions.

I look forward to posting here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi guys, I'm Paul and I live in Southern California.

I found these forums when searching the web for feedback on the FC Mobile and now I read just about every post trying to get into the minds of retro and modern gamers.

My favorite games of all time are Duck Hunt, Earthbound and Street Fighter.

In "real life" I work for a video game company named Hyperkin. I'm in sales and I specialize in retro gaming, feedback for product design, packaging, price point, etc is run through me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello.

hey, my name's maxi, 14 years old...seems I am kinda young for ths forum.

But I am a hardcore classic gamer. I was introduced to games by my mum at around 4 years old when we got the snes. From there i started to play the nes, and then the atari, and well....now i'm hoocked. My spelling is kinda terrible, but I hope I can be a great part of this site.

Well as i said, my names Maxi.

I live in the USA, Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.

I actually found them while doing a search for line rider track codes. I found that there was a thread about it (very dissapointed that i found none) But I decided this looked like a cool place to stay for a while.

My favorite games would have to be Double dragon (nes) And the twisted metal series.

I don't for say collect anything for any system. I do go to alot of flee markets were I actually just bought about 50 nes games, and a new nes (my old one blew up while playing an intense 5 hours of who framed roger rabbit)

What i do in real life? Well i skate board, play games, and well.....go to middle school. I am in the 8th grade and am currently learning about graphic designs, and how to program. I play trombone in the band here, a drag really.

As i said before, not exactly collecting, but more just...enjoying. I started becuse of my mom, and still do it today. I sadly have no online play experience, as dial-up does not work well with being hocked up to anything.

Well, that's me in a nut shell. I hope to become a well liked member of this great community.
    Is it a sin to be weak hearted? Not everyone's strong. Not everyone can stand being despised.

You can call me whatever you like. It's not gonna change anything.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Retail Gaming Guy

I work for a company that helps get new game stores set up & running. Dont claim to be the most fanatic gamer around, but know my way around retail. I work with stores like Game Stop, Play N Trade, FX Game exchange, Game Zone, Wattles Game System, Etc. If anyone is planing to open a store, or needs help with an existing one let me know. I'm happy to help. christopher@shopperinc.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi! I'm Psychopat... real name is Patrick. I'm from Québec in Canada. I'm almost billingual but my english is not perfect (I usually speak french) so I'm sorry in advance for mistakes!

I've heard about the forum from members of C.C.J.V.Q an C.G.C.C (collector clubs from Québec and Canada). I'm interessted in almost all systems/games but right now I'm concentrating my efforts on games published by nintendo and original Xbox games.

I've been collecting for 4 or 5 years but i'm a gamer since the NES release. My collection counts to this day about 530 games on maybe 12 systems. My favorite game is Metal Gear Solid 4 and my favorite system is the NES.

My other interests are rock/metal music, cartoons, movies and about any entertainments!

I'm more than happy to join your forum! see ya!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dark Watcher's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We are Dark Watcher
    A console historian with a small amatuer website dedicated to videogame consoles. We have since teamed up with Marriot_Guy over at VGCL in an effort to create a virtual videogame console museum.

We have lurked around here for many years...Figured its time to step out of the shadows...

Greetings

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hello

hey guys I'm Exile My real name is Danny. i live in Temecula Ca. and am a stay at home dad currently. I own a 2600 all the way up to the PS-3 The main system i collect is NEC's turbo duo and PC Engine. I own over 300 original titles. I need help getting the battery replaced the Duo no longer saves games if anyone can help please PM me. look forward to posting and getting to know evryone here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Flippy8490

Red face Hello All!

Hi! My name is Ryan Cook and im from Southern Vermont. Im currently attending college in Burlington, VT. Majoring in Digital Filmmaking with a minor in Game Design.

I found the forums while I was browsing about classic gaming online. I immediately fell in love with the Concept (Being an old school gamer but also having a love for newer stuff). So i joined :P

Some of my all-time favorite games are the Original MegaMan series and Sonic CD. As well as all the other retro sonic games. Also, I love Super R-Type for the SNES, great childhood memories.

I collect for and own most every major retro and current console. My collection consists of NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, Playstation, PS2, Sega Master System, Genesis, Saturn, SCD, Dreamcast, NDS, GBA, GBASP, Sega Nomad and Gameboy Pocket. My favorites however are the NES and the Genesis.

In real life, im a cashier at Shaws Supermarkets while I earn my degree in school.

I've been collecting since I was thirteen (roughly six years), I already had a good foundation since I owned most of them growing up. I just have a deep love for retro gaming, the current stuff just dosent have the same soul the old games had.

Well, thats me!

Insert Coin (Level 0) ToddofDoom's Avatar
    I live in the house I was born in, I built it with my own two hands.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Todd and I like to party. I live on the side of a mountain. It's about an hour outside of Knoxville, TN.

I found the forurms while I was looking up random information on old NES games.

My favorite games:
    Arcade: Robotron 2084
    Single Player: Disgaea 2
    Two Player (PvP): Super Mario Kart
    Two Player (Co-op): Contra
    Multiplayer, one system: Team Buddies
    Multiplayer, online: Team Fortress 2

I collect for several systems. I am the most serious about my NES collection, but I have pretty decent Super NES and Atari 5200 collections. I've got most mainstream systems. The collection I'd like to work on beefing up is my Sega Saturn collection, although games are very hard to find here for some reason.

I am a derelict in real life.

I played Atari before I could walk. I got a Nintendo when I was four I've been collecting games since. I got a headstart on the collecting bandwagon because I never had enough money for a Playstation growing up. (I didn't get one until the PS2 was out and Playstation prices dropped to almost nothing) But I could easily afford to pick up NES and SNES titles at the Pawn Shop for a few bucks each. That's really when I started getting serious about collecting.