Page 124 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I'm Pigmask Private, and I've been an EarthBound fan for years now. I live in Biloxi MS and I play the SNES mostly.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Ponyponypony's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TW0 0F SPADES

Hey, I'm Nathan from the D/FW area in Texas. Found the forums through a friend of mine who suggested I should check out the site when I was telling him about me and my girlfriend starting to collect older games and systems. My absolute favorite games are the original Metal Gear and Snake's Revenge for the NES. I don't know how many hours I suffered through those. I'm also partial to Adventures of Link, and am happy to claim that I did in fact beat it.

We (Amy and I) have mainly been working to get a collection of all the popular systems. So far, we have a Super Pong, a 2600, an Atari 800XL, NES, SNES, N64, Wii, original Game Boy, Genesis, Game Gear, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, PSX, PSOne, PS2, and a 360. Almost all of them are hooked up, and all of them work (the 800XL needs a new power brick). Right now we're missing a Gamecube, original Xbox (burned mine up in Qatar. American power supplies don't like 220V, apparently), and a Commodore 64. I think we'll call it quits after that, though I'd love to have a Lynx.

Our latest acquisition has been a mint Sharp Nintendo Television (minus remote/gamepads), which we consider extremely lucky to have found ($30 at a flea market in Kentucky!).

I'm really interested in building up a complete(ish) Sega CD library, since it seems to be one of the really overlooked systems and I'd hate to see some games go missing forever.

I'm currently attending UT Dallas and pursuing a degree in Arts and Technology, looking at 3D Animation/modelling and hoping to find a stepping stone into the gaming industry (yeah, right). Before this I was a combat photographer in the Army, and deployed to Iraq, Qatar, and Afghanistan.

That's me, in a nutshell. :)

Insert Coin (Level 0) Obi-Wan Kenobi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    V6K Team

Hi all

Many know me as guy with the world's largest Descent / Freesapce Collection, others know me as one of the x-3dfx people and some call me Gold leader as things go.

rottentreats a good mate of mine advised me this place to look for older games as being a Descent / Freespace collector who knows right and hey it's cool to meet other game collectors here as well.

I'd like to start a topic about my collection Guiness World Records also accepted my claim so who knows how things will take place from this point.

Hope to enjoy this place
    Last edited by Obi-Wan Kenobi; 07-13-2010 at 08:36 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) CapnCrunch53's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Obi-Wan, its me from over on PP forums. How's it going man? I glanced in this thread and I'm like.. that sounds like GoldLeader.. oh hey it is! Small world

Anyways you'll like this place, lots of great info and neat discussions. Looking forward to pics of your collection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Introduce myself?

My name is Don. I live in Chicago, I'm a file clerk and part time grant writer. I've been collecting games for well over a decade. For several years I didn't realize I was collecting, I was just getting games that I liked. Then one day I looked up and I had a pretty respectable collection going. I don't collect for any one specific system, I am actually more in the habit of collecting different consoles than carts. I just love to play them. I had been meaning to join a community of like-minded collectors for some time and just hadn't gotten around to it. Yesterday, I was making an inventory sheet of my systems and noticed I didn't know what variant my trusty old Intellivision was. After extensive research I discovered that I had been playing Frogger on a true gem. I actually have a World Book Tutor Vision. I will have pics up here ASAP. If you don't know what it is; http://www.tripoint.org/tutor/tutor.html..
    I've been using it for years. I believe mine is only the second to be discovered in the world. I decided to come here, not to brag, (well, maybe to share my news with people who would also appreciate it) but to make its presence known to the collector community at large and see if anyone has any info about this rare console. The link I posted above seems to be the only bit of info anyone has on it.

I look forward to making some new friends here and hopefully enriching the collective knowledge about classic games in general.

Don

Insert Coin (Level 0) NomadGamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all. Like many here i'm sure; i have been into video games from about as early as i can remember. I collect for any system that i have. I currently have 9 systems so there is plenty to expand the collection with.

I have browsed around the forum for a little while and it looks like a very interesting place.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    triverse

I am a longtime lurker, have had an account for awhile but never used it. I am a collector (currently Sega CD FMV games, didn't say I collected the best of the best), been in gaming since I was about 5 or so when I played Maze Craze with my dad on the 2600 (he didn't realize what he was starting). I have recently returned to collecting Sega Genesis games (picked up Shining in the Darkness for cheap and was extremely happy).

I have interviewed some great people in magazines/gaming (Ralph Baer, Bill Kunkel, Michael Thomason and many more) and am proud to call them my friends. I have helped in changing magazine preservation for the better and continue to do so now.

I am a loudmouth so you will be seeing a lot of me, hopefully I won't wear out my welcome anytime soon. If anyone has anything they would like to know about me, just ask.

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Good to see more Texans on this board. Enjoy your stay!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ziggy3008

Hello everyone, My name is Max. I am a 27 male and I work for the Air Force. I live on the East coast of Virginia where I hate it, but I can't complain at the decent finds I have added to my collection here. My first experience with video games was an atari on which I played pitfall and asteroids to much delight.

My first video game I ever owned was Ms. Pac Man for Atari 2600 I got for christmas and I have been in love with video games since. I admit that I have only recently made collecting video games my hobby, but I am enjoying it so very much. I collect only games that I love already or want to try out. The only restriction I put on if a game can become part of my collection is if it is playable.

I really like this board so far and hope I can become a worthwhile part of it. See you around!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey what sup friends. RazorD here. Just found this site. I was a gamer in my youth and recently rekindled my love. Im working from Retro to the modern stuff as well. I have a love for the 16 bit era, but love all the other eras as well. Im easy going on forums and I dont bicker. Cheers!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello fellows.

I Collect mainly carts for Genesis and NES, but I've also got a reasonable stash of SNES and PS2 games. That's about it though. At times I will not play a single game for months and then without warning I will suddenly become a mad fiend who spends superhuman amounts of time playing a certain game or two, literally to the point of falling asleep with the controller in my hands drooling into my lap.

My friends would say that I'm weird, and I sometimes have a giant beard, but I am not to be feared!

Anyhow- a late hello. I like reading all of you guy's little quarrels and juicy knowledge tidbits. I'll be around...

Insert Coin (Level 0) Tsukinikawatte's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Hi I'm Tsukinikawatte, I am a moderator for gametrailers.com, member of Sony's game advisory panel, and love to hang at great communitied.

- I live in the united states, NJ

- I found the forums by someone referring me here.

- Favorite game of ALL TIME is Xenosaga series... OMG, can't say that it wasn't smart. I loved how it truly did not try to act dumb and challenged with its deep storyline.

Into all sort of games, as long as they are fun.

-Mainly Ps2, DS, and PS3. But, I do haver every system except for teh xbox systems, the atari, and the dreamcast.

- In real life I am also working to be in the game industry. Going to go indie for a bit as I like to do my own thing, for now anyway.

- Collecting began with Xenosaga... Can't really think of anything else right now, but I want to go play Xenosaga now... .

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

#post1747902
    Last edited by HalogenDan; 12-26-2019 at 10:07 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) TheCaptainniatpac's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey my name is **** and i like protos and betas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    My gaming name is Darko (or some variation) and my real name is David.

- Where you live
    The great state of Oklahoma.

- How you found the forums
    Searching Google for vintage reproduction carts.

- What your favorite games are
    Metal Gear Series (Hate to admit this, but Thrones and Patriots is my favorite now.)
    Final Fantasy VI(j)/VIII/XII
    ChronoTrigger
    Contra Series (Favorites being Super C and Alien Wars)
    Earthbound
    SMT Digital Devil Saga
    SMT Nocturne
    Persona Series
    ETC...

- What systems you collect for:
    Currently I'm focusing on NES and SNES, although I have plenty of games on various other systems, old and new.

- What you do in "real life"
    Commodities Trader

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I was always one of those kids who never traded/sold any of their games. When I got to college I decided to start collecting games again. Fast forward to about 2 years ago and I became interested in making my childhood dream of owning every NES and SNES game come true. I'm still pretty far away for both systems, but I've focused on RPGs and rare games first.

Insert Coin (Level 0) AWinterFuneral's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    AnAutumnPlague

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress View Post
    Welcome to the forums!

This is a big place and it's sometimes easy to get lost in the crowd, but we really do want to know about you. This thread will serve as a "who's who" reference for the future so make your presence known!

Tell us any or all of the following:
    - Who you are
    - Where you live
    - What systems you collect for

NOTE: posts here that are NOT introductions will be removed, so if you want to say hello to someone, start a new topic to do so.

Let us begin.

Ok lets see here:

Who you are: I am Trevor, or A Winter Funeral. Hello.

Where you live: I live in Virginia, originally from Washington State though. I miss it alot, Virginia is lammmmmeeeee!

How you found the forums: A buddy of mine who is also on these forums introduced me actually. We are rare game hunters!.

What your favorite games are:
    That's a tough one, as there are so many. I love all types of RPG games. Right now I would have to say Suikoden 2, The Final Fantasy Series, Castlevania, Fallout, Ratchet and Clank games (Guilty Pleasure), Left 4 Dead titles, Wild Arms, Star Ocean, stuff like that.

What systems you collect for: Anything really. Well after the mid 80's actually. I am recently collecting for the PSone era, PS2, N64, SNES, and NES games and systems. Playstation and Super Nintendo being my my favored systems.

What you do in "real life": I am an F-15 Fighter Jet Crew Chief.

Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc: Basically I started collecting because I started remembering the old games I used to play with my friends and stuff. It made me happy to think back to better times, So I started collecting. As it turns out, many of the games I used to play when I was younger are some of the most rare ones now haha, Go figure.

I'd also like to say thank you for everyone's kindness. This forum seems pretty awesome and I am glad that I have found so many others that share my interest in games and collecting. Yo!
    "I'm "♥♪!?", but it's kind of hard to pronounce so...call me Geno"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jzr171
    PSN
    jetrex

Post About Me

- Who you are: Jeff (JtxGamer) (16)
    - Where you live: Florida
    - How you found the forums: retrowaretv.com
    - What your favorite games are: I love platformers, racing games, and fighting games. My top 3 games of all time are Donkey Kong Country (SNES), Crash Bandicoot 2 (PS1), and Tekken 2 (PS1)
    - What systems you collect for: Any system, it depends on what I can find. I have 18 (different) systems.
    - What you do in "real life": I am in high school, but on weekends I mow the grass at a neighbors house as a job.
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.: The first game system I had was given to us by my dad's cousin, it was the Super Nintendo. He later gave us a PS1. This was when I was 4, and I wasn't much of a collector. I actually had a black label Final Fantasy VII and sold it to EB Games (I think) back when it had little importance. Then one day I decided to stop selling games. I also decided that I wanted to play the ones I had missed out on. So in 2008, my game collecting started full force. I went from 8 consoles to 18 in 2 years, and went from about 150 games to 500 in the same 2 years. My collecting will never stop.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are: My name is Fernanda, aka ngirl
    - Where you live: I live in Brazil
    - How you found the forums: Searching for a retro game for a contest (and I still want to know this )
    - What your favorite games are: action, plataformers, adventure and racing ( resident evil, mario, abe's odyssey, nfs, etc etc)
    - What systems you collect for: collect only games I really like ( series, etc)
    - What you do in "real life": I'm in college (USP), studying Design
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc. : not really collect anything specific, but I like to play retro games and know about them. I liked this forum, I learn a lot about the old games and consoles!

Insert Coin (Level 0) SpiceWare's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Darrell Spice Jr.

- Where you live
    Houston, Texas

don't recall, but mostly like via the easter egg entry for Medieval Mayhem. Decided to sign up after hanging out with RetroYoungen at CGE 2010

Platformers (Spyro the Dragon, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, Jak & Daxter), RTS (Starcraft 1 & 2), Portal, classics from the 70s and 80s.

- What systems you collect for
    Atari VCS(2600), Amiga CD32, VIC 20, C= 64/128, Nomad (Genesis), PS3

Programmer, work for a company that creates software used to design spacecraft

Have written 2 Atari VCS homebrews to date: Medieval Mayhem and Stay Frosty (one of the games in Stella's Stocking).
    Darrell Spice, Jr.
    SpiceWare- We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore
    Artistic Overpass - nobody said roadways had to be drab
    Medieval Mayhem - This ain't your father's Warlords

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How I got here

Hello fellow retro gamers, my name is Stan but you can call me RetroDeviant.

* I found digitalpress through a friend, who had sold me a cool cib handheld.

* I love Dr. Mario and just about any classic snes game, or gameboy game like pokemon, megaman battle network, etc.

* I collect Handheld systems, most significantly Nintendo systems, though I have other types (Neo Geo, wonderswan, etc.)

oh yeah, almost forgot I also collect vintage video game flash/copier cards dating back to the 90's

well thats it for now

- RetroDeviant