Page 89 of 164 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am Jeremiah from Louisiana I collect games for all systems I have, Atari 2600, Sega Genesis, NES, SNES, PS1,2, Dreamcast, Xbox. Games I love include Ms.Pac-Man, Q-Bert, Beserk, Gunstar Heroes, Pirates of DarkWater (Genesis, my favorite licensced game), Jet Set Radio, Shenmue, King of Fighters, Burger Time (Back when this first came out there was a burger place here called Burger Tyme that had a special spice to it and everytime I play this game I smell that type of burger), Persona 3, Missle Command, Crackpots, Super Mario, Athena... I am a painter in reality and a freelance adventurer. I like old movies, such as the comedies of that famous 1930's duo Wheeler & Woolsey. Their greatest films include Cockeyed Cavailers, Diplomaniacs, Peach-O-Reno, Cracked Nuts and Hips Hips Hooray. I also have special for Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd, Roscoe Arbuckle, Charley Chase, Betty Boop, Looney Tunes and the Van Beuren studio of animated shorts.

Insert Coin (Level 0) The Jack Of Hearts's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are

Gabe

- Where you live

Port Angeles, Washington

- How you found the forums

I found these forums by accident while I was searching for some gaming avatars.

- What your favorite games are

My favorite games are Super Mario Bros 3., Castlevania Symphony Of The Night, Final Fantasy IV, Tetris, Fire Emblem P.O.R., Super Metroid, Pacman, Elite Beat Agents, Chrono Trigger, and plenty more.

- What systems you collect for

NES, Super NES, Genesis, Game Gear, Dreamcast, N64, Gamecube, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, Playstation Portable, Playstation, Playstation 2, XBOX 360, and Nintendo Wii.

- What you do in "real life"

I'm a full time college student working towards my A. A. degree in music, I'm also trying for a minor in Graphic Design. I work at Good Will part time as a donations attendent to some extra cash for other things such as Clothes, CDs, DVDs, Anime, Manga, etc.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

I use to go by haxblue17 on the Nintendo boards before they went down and I'm haxsawblue17 on the pojo boards.

I love singing and have been for the last sixteen years.

I started collecting games around 1991 when the Super Nintendo came out so needless to say, I've been at this for a while lol.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dreamcast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    X_DarkFaction_X

Hey guys! im new.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Everyone,

I'm from Melbourne, Australia.

I have some Mattel Intellivision stuff (which I'm selling), plus I'm into Dreamcast, Megadrive, SNES and Xbox.

My favourite games are the X-Wing Tie Fighter series on PC.

Insert Coin (Level 0) DragonBomber's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is rAy, although I use Drache online. Been on the newsgroup since '96 as well as EFNet. I talk total bollocks and make little sense to anyone on there, which is fine by me. Don't take it personal if I made your IRC screen NSFW. I have registered here several times it seems and been deleted since I never posted, I guess. I have corrupted my wife with EFNet so it's all good. She is MUCH better than I will ever be at RPGs so props to her.

I mainly collect bemani games, Bomberman titles, and games for random systems I have held onto. I had about 25 unique systems at one time (boxed Magnavox Odyssey forward) and a room of games/hardware/boxes until I had to sell them off. I miss the gear sometimes but I still find amusing things so it worked out for the best. I tend to buy movies and Bomberman/music games more than anything now. That and watch British comedy and drama.

Been out of college nearly a year now (Sociology major) and work at a library. It's peaceful unlike my former jobs. I think I am getting back into NES but I'm not sure yet. Have that itch sometimes you know? Just something cool about videogame packaging. Shout out to anyone in San Luis Obispo County, CA, Oswego County, NY, and Rowan County, NC. I've been here since '98 and it's been good to me so far though I sometimes miss NY and CA.

Take it easy folks.

Drache
    Bomberman is a robot engaged in the production of bombs. Any robot that could escape the underground compound and make it to the surface could become human. Will he ever make it up to the surface? Once there, will he really become human?

Insert Coin (Level 0) DragonBomber's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Somehow I forgot the most important thing to mention. I can eat liquid lava quite nearly and love hot foods, peppers, wasabi, etc. If it isn't nearly killing me, making me cry, or whatnot, I'm not smiling.

Drache
    Bomberman is a robot engaged in the production of bombs. Any robot that could escape the underground compound and make it to the surface could become human. Will he ever make it up to the surface? Once there, will he really become human?

Insert Coin (Level 0) steeniekins's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hey there

I guess I'll start off by saying.
    My name is Kristina, or Steenie, I use that nickname for pretty much everything.

I live the lovely city of Surrey BC Canada. Which isn't all that lovely.

I was told by a friend of mine about this forum. I was looking to get just the boxes and manuals for a couple games that I have so he suggested I post on here, and perhaps I could get those sent to me or something.

My favourite games are:
    Harvest Moon (for any system)
    Parasite Eve
    Legend of Mana
    DDR
    God of War (both of them)
    I have a ton more that I like but those are the top 5 I guess

I pretty much collect for any system. I want to have a huge game collection. I currently only have just over 80 games right now. I typed up my want list and it's at 352 right now, and there are about another 10games that haven't been released yet that I want. I'm mainly collecting for the older systems right now and then I'll move up. I want to collect all the Castlevania, Harvest moon, Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy games.

Haha real life? I work in an office type of setting. Setting up appointments for salesmen all over the US and Canada to sell walk-in bathtubs for Premier Bathrooms. BAHA I control 82people. It's a pretty laid-back job. Most of the time I take naps, and before it was banned, I used to play games on the internet.

Hmm I've been playing games since as long as I can remember. I was probably about 3yrs old when I played the classic Super Mario Bros on NES. Most of the time I watched my brother play. I only really starting getting into playing games when I was about 10. The first RPG I ever played was FF8. I only really started collecting about a year ago when I managed a video game store for about 8months until it was sold off. I loved that game cuz that is were I met one of my good friends who collected video games. She had a collection of about 300 games and it grows everyday. So that inspired me to start collecting. So I went from about 30 games to the 83 in about 6months. And it's still going. Haha I am expecting about 2games next week from ebay actually. (Stunt Race for SNES and Croc for PS1)

So yeah..I suppose that's all.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello folks. My name is Kevin Hansen. I'm from Florida but moved to Dallas Texas.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, and.. wait, wrong forum. Anyhow. I try to collect as much stuff as possible, especially hard-to-find items. I found this forum a while back, but only had time to stay for a few minutes, I never got back. BUT here I am again. I was looking for some retro NES information and stumbled here.

I try and collect for any system I grew to enjoy over time, which was rather a nice chunk of them. Nintendo is my biggest appreciacian because they have been so innovative in their history. They have been around for at least 100 years and I can respect their work! Of course they only started into the video game scene around 1980. At least the company was kept in the family.

In real life I am a computer and electronics technician, soon to work for a game console repair facility. I hope anyway. If I could live out of a factory sealed game b0x, I probably would! But how much would I be worth?

I hope I enjoy my stay here, and I hope there are complimentary mints as well.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Shinichi Chiba's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all my name is George and I am from New York . I mainly collect Sega Saturn and PC-engine items . I am making my rounds on all the forums I deem great . I mainly post on the Shmups boards and look foward to contributing here as well . I also look foward to trading , buying , and selling items here soon . Thanks !

Insert Coin (Level 0) gamebotonline's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello World!

Hi!

I'm Blake Leftwich creator of Gamebot and gamebotonline.com and I live in Mount Airy, NC (a.k.a Mayberry). I love digital press and I own a copy of the collector's guide. My favorite games are classic ones and the stuff I like to play is listed at gamebotonline.com were we keep a video game diary. I collect for every thing with a focus on 32-bit and older. I collect to play and play regularly. In real life I am a student studying game development and I've worked as a manager in retail for nearly 10 years. All my hobbies involve video games. I used to make Gamebot, the classic video game TV show. Now I create Gamebot Live, a podcast about classic games and post on gamebotonline.com. I am also in a band with my brother and fellow gamebot host Scott called Scott Leftwich and the Atarians. You can listen to the band on myspace and get an idea of what games I like by visiting the News section of the gamebotonline website or downloading the podcast form iTunes. That's it, glad to be a member!

Blake

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, my name is Cura, and i'm an alcoholic. I live in Norway in a town called Rognan, and i found the forums reading a review on a gameboy game called Volley Fire. I have many favorite games, but if i were to filter out a few. it would be Star Control II, Natural-Selection and Starcraft. I currently own all systems ever created by Nintendo up to the GameCube.

IRL I mostly hang out with my GIRLFRIEND. The rest of the time I hang at random forums and do schoolwork. Sadly there issn't much time for me to play Video Games recently, because of all the time my GIRLFRIEND drains from me, but i play some classics like SMB or Sonic the Hedgehog from time to time.

I'm looking forward to discussing, arguing and ranting with you guys...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, my name is Jason.
    I live in Canada, I'm currently in Sec.3 and I just started a Sega Genesis collection which currently doesn't exist.
    I hope to make it grow fast.
    My favorite Sega Gen. game is Kid Chameleon and one of my favorite game is Jet Set Radio on dreamcast.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Akira Kain604

- Who you are

Kevin Kain -30 yrs young

- Where you live
    Edmonton , Alberta , Canada (Only summer for 2 months)

- How you found the forums
    Long time lurker so thought i should join

- What your favorite games are
    Id say top 5 in no order are , Garou: Mark of the Wolves , Street fighter 3 3rd Strike , ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS TREASURE OF TARMIN , Rez , Final Fantasy 2 (also knowen as 4)

- What systems you collect for
    I buy for pretty much every system but mostly after Saturn and Ps2 Imports as well as any good Ps3 or 360 game that comes out

- What you do in "real life"
    Work Retail

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    First started really collecting when i moved for the first time as then i found my sega genesis/cd set up and hooked it up and got totally lost again playing lunar 1 and 2 and Vay as well as sonic and shininig force. after that I stated trying to find and all the games i had as a kid as well as all the game i couldnt get due to allowance issues.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi there,

I'm 5-11under, and I live in Ontario, Canada. I'm an avid reader and sometimes poster at Atariage and CGCC, and thought I'd add DP to the mix.

I enjoy ColecoVision programming, and also playing games on the ColecoVision, Atari 2600, Vectrex, and Nintendo 64 (the living room console). I especially like racing games such as WaveRace 64.

I'm more of a game player than a game collector. About 10-12 years ago, a friend and I scoured the flea markets and garage sales in and around the Niagara area, amassing large collections of mostly 8-bit consoles. Since then, we've both sold most of our systems, keeping our favourites, and still enjoying gaming a great deal.

In real life, I manage an electronics-related R&D lab.

Thanks,
    5-11under

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Howdy

My name is Kieran and at the moment my wife and I hail from Duluth, MN . I was "introduced" to this site by a friend in MA - Randy C -who is very big into Atari 2600 games. I guess I am pretty simple when it comes to the games I like; I still like the games that I played with my children when they were small: pac man, frogger and if I ever come across it again dig dug. (I don't think, however, that this was ever an Atari 2600 game. My children and I played it on an old Commodore 64 system - those were the days) I do like some of the more sophisticated games too, Waterworld, Space Treat ect. In real life I am a preacher.

Insert Coin (Level 0) NicoleyBoBoliey's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Errmm...well I'm new to the forums and I just wanted ta say hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi and all that junk woooosh C:!

Hehee its really quaint because I live like...right...there..near Digital Press. Like...right right right theerree! lol
    I wish I found out about this sitey loonnngg ago <33

Name's Nicole if you hadn't guessed it! ^_^
    If you did, YAY! Your a mart coookie, yes! =>

Call me whateve you want mann ;]
    Nice ta meet chaaaa! ;0
    <333333

i lovvee youu >w<
    There used to be a synopsis here but now its gone, gone, gone!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found this site thru a search i was doing for addams family values game.
    My son and i have a few systems starting with PS1,nes system,super nintendo,game cube,PS2,XBox. He plays games more than i do.
    I live in small town ,Woodland,Wa.

Nice to be here and hope to chat with you all =o)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all. I'm JD and its good to be here. My wife and I collect toys and video games and both enjoy playing. I tend to lean towards the handhelds, while she the "newer stuff". (PS2..she loves this game called Sphinx and the one Kingdom Hearts) I'd love one day to again own a Vectrex, but seems only a dream. I had one once, got it at a GoodWill for $4...the clerk informed me that it was "some kinda weird black and white TV" Im 33 and shes 23 and we live with our two dogs. Shes a student and Im a chef with a catering outfit. Well, not too good with introduction things..lol...guess thats about it...

-JD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Hello all. I found the site looking for tips on fixing my Nomad.

My first systems were an Odyssey2 and a Commodore64 to limited degrees although I'm definately part of the nintendo generation all the way. The NES was the first system I had lots of games for. Zelda and Mario3 being my favorites.

I started collecting systems and games a few years ago from yard sales and thrift stores to be able to play all the old stuff I never got growing up; and typically after building up a collection I sell it them on Ebay to buy more.

I also plan on one day building a mame cabinet and have helped several people set up the software for their cabinets.

I live near St. Louis and used to work in the production department of an engineering company, now I work in the engineering department finding sources for electronics parts...so If anyone is looking for any parts let me know and I can probally find you some really good souces(although you might have to buy 10,000 at a time)

Insert Coin (Level 0) ProfJimbo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jim and I am 36 year old vintage video game collector from Lakeland, Florida. I found the forums by doing a Google search on "Retro Gaming Forums."

I mostly collect Atari 2600, Atari 7800, and Commodore 64 games and peripherals.

Today, I find myself looking at the differences between ports of Arcade games. I love seeing how the translations of games such as Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, etc turned out based on the technology that was available to the system.

I began collecting games in 1980 when I received my first Atari. I still have my original "heavy sixer" 2600, along with a 4-switch Darth Vader 2600, an Atari Jr., Atari 7800, Commodore 64, Commodore 64c, and my Commodore SX64.

In real life, I am the lead systems administrator for the timeshare division of a major hotel company. I manage a group of people that maintain servers in 18 countries.

I also run two websites that you might enjoy.

JimboGames.com - A collection of online flash, shockwave, and java games. I did not write any of them.

and

2600Online.com - A website where you can play Atari 2600 Games via your browser. I put this up so that I can play some Atari during my down time at work.

I am also interested in politics and love discussing the topic over a pint.

Thanks for having me!
    ProfJimbo
    2 6 0 0 O n l i n e . c o m
    It's a far cry from the world we thought we'd inherit.