Page 65 of 164 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Probably should of done this awhile back, but I wasn't actively posting much last year, just lurking around.

- Who are you?- Mike, Mikey, Michael. 20 years old.

- Where you live?- Burbank, CA

- How you found the forums?- I dont quite remember, probably heard of it from Gamefaqs, I also remember seeing a spot on this site done on one of TechTv's shows (when it wasnt g4 yet)

- What your favorite games are?- PSO, Shenmue series, Resident Evils, Silent Hills, FFVII, FFIX, Grandia II, Zelda series, Perfect Dark...I could go on and on...

- What systems you collect for?- Not for any specific system just yet. But I'm always keeping an eye out for RPGs and Survival Horror games and whatever else strikes my interest.

- What you do in "real life"?- Working at an car appraisal company right now, part-time. Going to school as well. Getting a degree in Fire Technology, future firefighter. Learning Japanese.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting,
    etc? Love friends and family (cherish them so), basketball (helps that I'm tall too), working out, horror and comedy movies, videogames (of course). etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.
    Currently Playing: Limbo, CoD: MW2
    XBL: Kazaam McFresh

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Everyone,

My name's Garry and I'm from Edinburgh in Scotland. I'm 26 years old and work in IT (mostly networking and server stuff).

I found the site and these forums while searching Google for rarity lists.

My favourite games are usually platformers and RPGs. I don't collect for any one system but my Master System collection is the biggest at the moment with around 50 games and I'd really like to make the SMS the first system I have 100 games for (especially because it was my first console as a kid).

I'm currently going through the task of pulling all my systems out from storage to catalogue (and play with!) them.

I've been collecting for about ten years after having got rid of my original childhood games machines (Sinclair Spectrum, Sega Master System and Commodore Amiga) which I've regretted ever since I sold them. I'm having fun seeking out titles I played when I was younger and also trying out sytems and games I never owned or couldn't afford at the time. I also enjoy playing the modern consoles.

See you all around!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Been lurking for a while so I figured I should register finally.

From Ohio and I own my own construction business. I love my job, but don't like to work

Currently engaged and we have a 10 year old son. All 3 of us play games every day. My soon to be wife plays more than I and the son do.

I used to collect games fairly religiously for a long time, but recently decided to sell off almost everything. I kept my complete TG 16 collection, complete 5200 collection, all of my rare Xboxes and some DC stuff, PS1/PS2 stuff.

I am more of a modern gamer now as I find newer games more interesting. I still go back and play the oldies but just in short stints.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

I've been reading these forums for a little while and I've decided to register.

My real name is Bryce and I live in the Detroit, MI area.

I was turned onto the site by a fellow gamer and I've been hoplessly addicted.

I've been collecting video games and systems for quite sometime. It all started for me with a little system called the Atari 7600 (even though it blew up ) then to my one of my favorite systems the Sega Master System and I've been a gamer ever since. These days I'm in to hunting around stores to find good game deals and own many of the current gen and 16-bit era consoles.

I look forward to many great discussions.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey there, my name is Keith and i live in Saint John New Brunswick. i was never a big forum guy but i used to enjoy the news updates from vidgame.net so i started browsing this forum and have been hooked ever since.

gaming has always been a staple for me since i first picked up Night stalker for the intelly, and hasn't decreased even as i sit here with Spartan total warrior on my xbox paused, while i type

i have a soft spot for my Master system and TG16, and star trek games no matter how lame they are.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, my name is Tom. I've been playing games since the sega master system and have been building up my collection since then. I own around 1200 videogames for around 25 consoles. They are mostly Pal versions since I live in Belgium.

My favorite genre is 2D RPG, I have a soft spot for the Nippon Ichi games, and everything sega related

Greetz

Insert Coin (Level 0) Descartes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Well hello

My name is Justin. I am from Santa Barbara, California where I am a student of philosophy and computer science at the local City College. I plan on transferring to UCSB. I spent 6 years after high school as a musician, before I shaped up and hit the books as I entered my mid twenties. I study Karate and play the trumpet when I'm not in school.

I found DP while searching for classic gaming resources and communities to interact with. I have been collecting for nearly a decade, focusing on the NES. My favorite games are The Legend of Zelda, Wizardry, and Ninja Gaiden. I also honor my roots as I am quite proficient at Defender and Galaga.

I began collecting when I realized just how much I missed over the course of my gaming career, which began in the summer of '86. It is now my personal goal to learn to program the kind of games I could be happy with, weather I market them or not. I am happy to join this wonderful community. Long live the classics!
    I game, therefore I am

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is John and I live in the boring town of New Plymouth, Idaho. I've been gaming since i was kid and mostly collect Nes and SuperNes games. But I also play alot of PS2 and GC. I found DP one day in a web-ring if memory serves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    Nikademus1969

Default Re: Introduce Yourself!

Heya...I'm Nikademus (tho you can just call me Nik ), and I've loved video games pretty much my entire life. I remember standing on a chair to play Pong at the drugstore

I'm a food service peon in Wisconsin, and I found this site awhile back while I was playing in google looking for stuff having to do with MAME.
    I love 'old school' games like Mr Do!, Pac Man, Tetris, and Klax. I like RPG games too, like the Capcom D&D games and newer stuff like Neverwinter Nights.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good day, DP'ers. I'm Anton, I live in Leiden in The Netherlands, where I am a CS student at Leiden University. I'm 21 years old, and I've been collecting for 3 to 4 years now. My favourite generation is the 32-bit one, and hence my collection focuses on the Sega Saturn (mostly) and to a lesser extent the PS1 (mainly PAL stuff). Recently I've started buying arcade stuff too, for one I have a modest Japanese ST-V collection which I use with my homemade supergun (my holy grail right now is obtaining a Radiant Silvergun cart for it).

Apart from gaming, I also collect vinyl records and Laserdisc movies, I fiddle around with electronics and (assembly) programming, love reading decent books, strive to attain an unreasonably archaic vocabulary in Dutch and English, do a lot of cycling, and am a board member for a student club (takes a considerable amount of time).

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, My name is Ryan. I decided to join the site because the store just recently opened where I live.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok ok im dualfreak1 im just a noob
    i like video games

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, my name is Brian and I was referred to this fantastic site by some friends of mine. I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada, and have been collecting, trading, and selling video games for almost 10 years.

Just completed my first trade here, this is truly a great site.

- Brian

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi from me! Yay! :)

Hi! My name is Young, and I live in Boston. I'm a systems administrator at Harvard University, and got told about this site from a nerd friend of mine, Todd (don't tell him I said that).

I'm 40 years old, and have been into *any* kind of gaming ever since I got my first Pong game!

I currently have a PS2, Xbox, Dreamcast, PSP and a DS. I've kind of moved towards handheld gaming ever since I started riding the bus to work. Right now Animal Crossing and Mariokart keep me occupied. At nights, I like playing Grand Theft Auto for the PSP.

I've posted my friend codes in the 'friend code' thread in the modern gaming section. Hope you add me! -y

Strawberry (Level 2) Mr.collection's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys
    My real name is Rory(i'm a guy) I'm 15 years old and i have been playing NES since i was born. I started to collect systems about 2 years ago and i have a total of 80 systems. I don't like anything preNES. My 80 systems is the reason for the name and everyone at school calls me that. I have recently got into the wierd stuff of gaming like a Game.com or my Virtualboy. I also collect promo items and game pins. My game room is cramed with all my stuff and its only 10'x18'. I am hopeing to get a MVS because i like fighting games. I also make money repairing systems since i have no job. My friend mr.smiley381 sent me here and i notice a lot of people with your rarity guide.

later
    Mr.collection

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default A newbie =)

Name: Tony Hamilton
    'Net Names: ahamilton0953, highnote, and Kingofhearts178 ( don't ask lol )
    Job: Inside sales/support for Rockwell Automation
    Hobbies:gaming (duh), reading, listening to music, watching baseball and football ( and getting into indoor soccer more and more ), playing chess ( playing online and starting to get a little better ) among other things

My Collection:

I don't know how many games of each I have but I don't have many anymore =(
    My younger brother pilfered and sold quite a few but here are the systems I have:

Sega Master System ( 17 yrs old still going strong )
    SNES
    Sega Genesis
    N64
    Sega Dreamcast
    Sony Playstation
    Nintendo Gamecube

I have a few game series I like such as: Super Mario Bros, Suikoden (sp?), Resident Evil, Wonderboy, Zelda, and Castlevania.

I like RPG's ( obviously with Suikoden ) and action games, but I can't go wrong with some good side scrolling action either.

I'm one of those on and off gamers. I play ofr a while, real life gets in the way ( such as my recent wedding ) and then I get back into it.

I'm hoping to slowly rebuild my game collection and try and get a few more systems ( NES , Sega Saturn and 32x ) and more games.

Once I get a house the wife promised me a room of my own so I'm going to set it up with my systems =) I'm hoping to set up a rig so I can have all them connected and just use them as I want anytime without having to connect and disconnect them all the time.

Feel free to message me anytime =)

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MrSmiley381
    PSN
    MrSmiley381

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.collection
    Hey guys
    My real name is Rory(i'm a guy) I'm 15 years old and i have been playing NES since i was born. I started to collect systems about 2 years ago and i have a total of 80 systems. I don't like anything preNES. My 80 systems is the reason for the name and everyone at school calls me that. I have recently got into the wierd stuff of gaming like a Game.com or my Virtualboy. I also collect promo items and game pins. My game room is cramed with all my stuff and its only 10'x18'. I am hopeing to get a MVS because i like fighting games. I also make money repairing systems since i have no job. My friend mr.smiley381 sent me here and i notice a lot of people with your rarity guide.

later
    Mr.collection
    If Rory starts being retarded, I will take responsibilty and destroy him for you guys.

(Sorry Rory, I just have to keep you in check since you're spazzy sometimes.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gencoil
    I never understood why this track was called "Last Springsteen". Then it hit me, Bruce Springsteen goes under the nickname "The Boss"

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice to meet all of you. My name's Rick, but I go by "WiteoutKing" online in pretty much any area. Got linked here from someone, but I forget who. The Arcade system looks pretty damn sexy, if I do say so myself.

I also hover around Sonic CulT (have been a member there for about 2.5 years now, also part of CulT Family).

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi im new ithink

i amthedarknessthatdwells
    i amthereckoning
    redrum
    i amthewhatlurks
    i amthedarkside
    yesssssyessssyesss

its nice to be herenow that i havebenn summonedfrom the depths i shall conquerall

heed my warininggs allthose bothwise and unwise

a gamer i am

much will i learnfrom all those experienced at theform of this thing called videogames from thee eldersofthisboard

thankuvery much

good night and goodluck
    redrum
    Redrumredrumredrum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just found these forums tonight, so I registered in hopes of becoming a true collector.

My name is Joey. I live in Savannah, GA but soon to be back in school in TN.

I found these forums while searching for an NES rarity list. I now refer to the Online Rarity Guide here daily.

I am a Nintendo enthusiast at heart, but love many other systems as well. Being only 18 yrs old and having just graduated high school, I am just beginning to break into collecting. I have mainly been collecting for the NES, but hope to move to other consoles as funds become available.

My favorite console game currently is Donkey Kong Country.

My day job is waiting tables. People are mean to me. I deal with it.

I definitely plan to be a regular on these boards henceforth.
    Negative, negative! We have a Wildcat destabilization of the ship's fusion core!