Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Default Introduce Yourself!

Welcome to the forums!

This is a big place and it's sometimes easy to get lost in the crowd, but we really do want to know about you. This thread will serve as a "who's who" reference for the future so make your presence known!

Tell us any or all of the following:
    - Who you are
    - Where you live
    - How you found the forums
    - What your favorite games are
    - What systems you collect for
    - What you do in "real life"
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

NOTE: posts here that are NOT introductions will be removed, so if you want to say hello to someone, start a new topic to do so.

Let us begin.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to digitalpress For This Useful Post:

Getta Robo (06-07-2018)

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Default Me Me Me

I'm Joe Santulli, from scenic Pompton Lakes, NJ.

I'm the Editor-in-Chief of a small but enduring publication known as Digital Press, which is a hybrid of many different forms of media that caters to the gaming elite - those who love the classics. We started in 1992 and have done several books, over fifty periodicals, a ColecoVision game (Ms. Space Fury) and a music CD (courtesy Tony Fox NYC).

I'm the originator of the Tips & Tricks magazine column, "Collector's Closet" which started with the September 2001 issue. I did that for over three years. I still get a kick out of the fact that I was getting a paycheck from Larry Flynt.

I'm also a co-organizer of Classic Gaming Expo which runs frequently in Las Vegas, established in 1999. You can find out more about this convention at www.cgexpo.com

I left my "real job" in corporate America in September of 2005 to open my own videogame store. You can find out lots more about that from just poking around the site here or reading my myspace blog.

As you might guess by this, I get bored pretty easily. Which leads to my little hobby. I've been collecting videogames since 1977, though I still have an Odyssey1 system from 1972. I don't know how many games I have in my collection, but as most collectors know, it just never ends. I've taken over several rooms in our house (as discreetly as possible). See www.videogamecollectors.com/gallery/digitalpress for a visual.

Always happy to mingle with other gamers, especially die-hards. See you on the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi, it's ME!

My turn, my turn!!

I'm Jaime, 24, from Maine, and a GIRL thankyouverymuch (Darn androgyneous name!!)
    First system I ever played was the Atari 2600 back in the day. Seems we fought over whose turn it was next more than we actually played, when I think back! One of the banes of having to share with four siblings =) However, we eeked in enough game time to pull the rubber coating off all the joysticks we owned.
    We didn't get our next system until about 6 months after the NES debuted, as a birthday present for my oldest brother. Ahh.. the joys of SMB! Once he hit puberty, he discovered the job of taking his gaming rage out on the console, and we quickly went through four consecutive consoles until he decided NOT to wear his boots when playing anymore.
    I don't collect much, more for financial reasons than anything else, so I'm a gamer if you need a label. You'll most likely find me spamming the HECK out of the off-topic forum, but I like to add my two cents in other places now and then.
    Okay, who's next?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

I am Thomas Bull, I live in the Usa. I am a business manager and I collect 8 bit games. I own alot of atari 8 bit games and Master System suff. I began collecting after i found my old Atari 400 and 8 games.
    Thomas Bull

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello my name is Chris and I live in Brookfield, Wisconsin
    I found the Room of Doom website a long time ago and I checked this part out a few days ago when I was able to get my hands on a copy of Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt for the NES. I know I'm late but I never really considered it.
    My favorite games are the ones that remind me of my childhood (lack there of) So I decided to start and collect and go to almost any place I can in order to start in my mind a baby collection and grow from there.
    I was getting games from only two really and that was a PSOne and PS2 but now I'm trying to get games and systems NES/SNES/Atari/N64/GB/GBC well just about every system before this new modern era.
    I work at a market research company on the weekends (we don't sell you anything, people always ask me that)
    I started a collection when I was growing up of Atari games and comic books (I was only 8 and I had boxes and boxes full of stuff that I could collect) but when my brother sold everything to buy whatever we wanted I lost faith. Not anymore, I'm more determined than ever before to start collecting. If anyone wants to see exactly what I have please check out my collection here:

My Collection

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
    Last edited by madcookie83; 03-12-2008 at 05:57 PM.

Keeper of the Terror Mask
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    therealdire51

I'm Dire 51, otherwise known as Rob. I run one videogame website, have a couple others that are archived and write. A lot. I'm also a father of three.
    Last edited by Dire 51; 10-08-2007 at 01:37 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys! My name is Devry and I'm in DC. The forums came up in search of a Game Genie to Super Game Boy adapter. Does anyone have one available or where they can be found?

Probably favorite games ever would be Final Fantasy 3/VI, Super Mario Bros 2 and Zelda II.

I collect for NES and SNES right now and love old school games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not exactly a newcomer but I haven't been posting for some years so maybe it's time to re-introduce me.

I'm Barbara, 33 years old and I'm a gamer since my childhood days. I used to collect games but I did sell some stuff and so now I just own (nearly) only stuff I really like. I'm not that much into nowadays consoles. The Wii has some funny games but the only thing that got me on the X-Box is Scared 2. I haven't been playing regularly during the last 4 or 5 years because of different reasons but I lately bought a PSP and now I'm back... I feel like in my childhood days again since there are so many cool games around. Nice thing is also that there are a lot of cheap games around so I can feel like on x-mas any given day. Anyway, it feels good to be back!
    http://www.discogs.com/user/Tatsu>My vinyl and CD collection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsu View Post
    I'm not exactly a newcomer but I haven't been posting for some years so maybe it's time to re-introduce me.

I'm Barbara, 33 years old and I'm a gamer since my childhood days. I used to collect games but I did sell some stuff and so now I just own (nearly) only stuff I really like. I'm not that much into nowadays consoles. The Wii has some funny games but the only thing that got me on the X-Box is Scared 2. I haven't been playing regularly during the last 4 or 5 years because of different reasons but I lately bought a PSP and now I'm back... I feel like in my childhood days again since there are so many cool games around. Nice thing is also that there are a lot of cheap games around so I can feel like on x-mas any given day. Anyway, it feels good to be back!
    Welcome back! I'm off to go check out your vinyl collection now!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

My name is Dan and I hail from Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin. I am a PC Tech Administrator for a small electrical wholesaler. As a side hobby I am a PC game designer/creator (strictly 2-D, can't quite get the knack of the 3D stuff) and my current project is at saviorknight.com/ (I know, shameless plug).

I stumbled upon the DP site some time ago when looking for classic video game reviews and information and have been coming back ever since. For gaming I'm an old school Nintendo fan (hence the nick) but also I have interests in the newer-yet-dead system category (Jaguar, Saturn, soon maybe a 3DO). Out of any genre I must say I am a big platformer and arcade fan. And I seem to be one of the few who think the TRS-80 Color Computer was a fun gaming platform.

I began collecting games around 1989/1990 when I had both a NES and an SMS. Other than games, I like to write (fiction mainly, but I also do technical writing if needed like instruction manuals and such), cook, and have a strange affection for hand puppets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    loonieman

Default Calling from SMS Land

Hey there everyone, I'm Tyler, and I discovered this wonderful board way back in February of 2001.

I am 27 years old and incredibly blessed to be married to the love of my life. I work in Video Production.

I own over 20 consoles (handhelds included), collected mostly between the years 1994 - 2003. Gaming was a hobby I shared mostly with my Dad who passed away in 2007. He left me with an enormous collection of over 700 games, each filled with their own unique memories of growing up in a Nintendo / Sega dominated VG market.

It amazes me how I've been a contributing member of these forums for over 12 years! Long live retro gaming!
    Last edited by ShinobiMan; 07-17-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Den. I'm 34 years old and live in Michigan. I've been married for 6 years (Carol) and have a 2 year old daughter (Allison). I also have a dog (Stevie), she's a lab/rott mix. For the past 8 years I've been Creative Services Manager for a marketing firm that specializes in logoed apparel and merchandise. My degree is in graphic/advertising design.

I've been a video game fan since my first Atari 2600 in 1980. From there I went to the Commodore 64 then NES, then Genesis, then PSX. I still have all my original systems and games and for the past year and a half have been actively collecting for any video game item I can find. As a result my basement has become quite cluttered.

Oh well.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Back to the grindstone...

This is Mat living it round about in England (like you couldn't get that from the side!). The title kind of gives away which system I'm most involved in! So much so that Joe is kind enough to let me head up that section in the DP guide

Not just the C64 I work with however. The 7800 also gets some attention from time to time, especially as I have just secured myself a complete copy of Tank Command and some of the HES releases.

Been playing for too long perhaps... ever since the parents got me a Pong type console at the back end of the 70s. From there the VCS came and went, and in its place sat the C64. And it's been there for the last 18 years. I'm also a Nintendo fan, so most of their consoles have been through my hands also.

Jobwise, I work for HP now (used to be Compaq until the merger) doing some support work. But as the Dire Straits song goes it's "money for nothing". Sadly I don't get my chicks for free!

Not that I wouldn't mind PoG, Atar1g1rl or QoF giving me their attentions now

Oh, before I forget... go visit www.mayhem64.co.uk and see what you think...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Jonathan, I'm 18 and I'm from New Zealand.

Like many of you I've been playing Videogames what seems like my whole life, I have no real special affiliation to any one company - I do have a soft spot for certain Nintendo games, The Legend of Zelda being my favourite ever since I can remember.

I'm so glad I was never one to sell off my old game stuff, it would be almost impossible (either that or too expensive) to get it all again, especially here in NZ where there's hardly any good stuff but a lot of people around that want it. :x I'm just very lucky I guess.

Collecting games is very fun, but it's just playing them that gives me the most satisfaction. I am just so sick and tired of all the constant console bashing that goes on in other forums, I don't understand why people can't just play and admit when a game is damn fun - despite what console it may appear on!

Anyway that's my rant over. I found this site while looking for a games list I think it was awhile back, been around ever since. I've changed my board name but I didn't post much anyway so it's no biggy.

Umm yeah, new forum looks awesome. I'm happy to be here.

PS: If anyone could help fix my icon i'd be even more happy, it was originally 80x80 but when it went down to 50x50 it got that stupid outline thing, PM me or something if you know what to do - Cheers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The below excerpt is copied from a previous post to an older, less sophisticated message forum. If you enjoy reading it, new posts by the author will be available often at the NEW Digital Press Retrogaming Roundtable. Don't miss an issue!

For a very long time I'd been meaning to check out the 'Introductions' thread. I couldn't remember if I had ever posted to introduce myself, and meant to do so if I hadn't previously. Of course, I am a champion procrastinator, and I never got a round tuit (well, since that time in the 6th grade when my Dad gave me one...).

So here I am, taking advantage of the fresh start on the topic and presenting myself to the world here at DP.com.

I'm Steve Jacobs. With a not uncommon name like that, it's awfully hard to think up an easy-to-remember, unique AOL screen-name. What would be easy for people to remember and associate with >me<, that hadn't already been thunk up? Hence my screen-name - NoahsMyBro.

I'm in my mid-30's. It's been nearly 20 years since I was good at videogames, but at least now I can afford to get them, and I plan on getting in serious practice time 35 years from now when I'm retired!

I live in West Orange, New Jersey, with my wife Jessica and my son Nate, currently 17 months. During working hours I am the System Administrator/Helpdesk/Tech Geek for a web-consulting company in Little Falls. Our company is involved in ERP, CRM, B2B, etc... Don't ask me to explain the terms, but if any of our people needs help with their email I'm the Man!

I like tinkering with electronics, and (when I have the time) enjoy messing around making custom controllers for the old game systems. Some of the most fun I ever had with my 7800 was fabricating 2 controller adapters that allow you to use Sega Genesis controllers on the 7800, with 2 fully-functional, independent fire buttons. My favorite systems are the 5200 & the Dreamcast.

I have a small, crude but functional vanity website located at http://www.jacobshome.org. You may find out more about my interests there.

Lastly, I enjoy sci-fi, music of almost any kind, and until I moved to NJ and got well-acquainted with their overly present troopers, driving (fast).

Insert Coin (Level 0) The Jack Of Hearts's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are

Gabe

- Where you live

Port Angeles, Washington

- How you found the forums

I found these forums by accident while I was searching for some gaming avatars.

- What your favorite games are

My favorite games are Super Mario Bros 3., Castlevania Symphony Of The Night, Final Fantasy IV, Tetris, Fire Emblem P.O.R., Super Metroid, Pacman, Elite Beat Agents, Chrono Trigger, and plenty more.

- What systems you collect for

NES, Super NES, Genesis, Game Gear, Dreamcast, N64, Gamecube, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, Playstation Portable, Playstation, Playstation 2, XBOX 360, and Nintendo Wii.

- What you do in "real life"

I'm a full time college student working towards my A. A. degree in music, I'm also trying for a minor in Graphic Design. I work at Good Will part time as a donations attendent to some extra cash for other things such as Clothes, CDs, DVDs, Anime, Manga, etc.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

I use to go by haxblue17 on the Nintendo boards before they went down and I'm haxsawblue17 on the pojo boards.

I love singing and have been for the last sixteen years.

I started collecting games around 1991 when the Super Nintendo came out so needless to say, I've been at this for a while lol.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default hello

My name is Arringtastic1992. I live in DC. I found the forum of Flying Dragon (Hiryu no Ken games). MY favorite games are F-Zero X, Super Smash Bros, Street Fighter 2: Special Champion Edition and Samurai Shodown IV. My consoles are Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Starfox 64, Quest 64, Mace The Dark Age and Fighter Destiny 2 for Nintendo 64 and Super Mario Party and Brawlhalla for Nintendo Switch. My real job is scanning these papers at OFEO. I go exercising, playing video games and reading books.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Arringtastic1992 For This Useful Post:

mkenyon2 (02-12-2019)

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

New accounts
    ---
    Brock Landers
    Nainz
    ROBsLab
    tomkennes