Page 129 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0) DangerMan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is there a "fan art" section in this forum? I love seeing other people creative works. I do animation, but that's really my only 'art' that i do.
    Check out my newest SNES animation episode!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrWGbaldHqA

Subscribe to my channel or you might break an ACL

Insert Coin (Level 0) That Book Nerd's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, guys. Ah... well, the name's Chris. I don't have a huge game collection, and most of what I own are RPGs, but since those are all I really have the patience for, it's not such a big loss.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing all of you around the boards.

Insert Coin (Level 0) dommeatball's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    dommeatball

Hello, my name is Dominick. I'm a 22 year old male from Blackwood NJ. I've been using Digital Press from collection and rarity guides for a few years now, so I finally decided to join the forums.

I've been collecting for about 4 years now. My collection contains about 1100 games at the moment. I collect for just about anything, but I mainly focus on PS1 and NES/Famicom games, as they are my favorites.

I play games from nearly any genre and generation. Some of my favorite games include Resident Evil 2, MGS3, Doom, and Castlevania 3.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jannypan View Post
    I'm the Editor-in-Chief of a small but enduring publication known as Digital Press, which is a hybrid of many different forms of media that caters to the gaming elite - those who love the classics. We started in 1992 and have done several books, over fifty periodicals, a ColecoVision game (Ms. Space Fury) and a music CD (courtesy Tony Fox NYC).
    Mr. Chinese Gold Farmer Spammer, you might find your spamming tactic of copying and pasting the second or third post in a topic a little more successful if you could read English and realize that you're claiming to be the creator of this site, haha.

Insert Coin (Level 0) ClassicGamePhreak's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    C0deZer00
    PSN
    C0deZer00

Hi everyone! My name is John, I am 30 and live in Tulsa, OK.

I found Digital Press one night when I was looking for online rarity guides, an well, came across the mother of rarity guides. I started collecting classic games roughly a year ago, and started out of the blue. Finding the 12 NES games stored in an old box put me back to the golden times of gaming for me really. I started thinking to myself just how frustrated I was with current games like Modern Warfare. Trying to play online was a test of patience and a lesson in frustration. So I turned off the modern consoles, and started digging out the older systems and found myself enjoying every second I had the chance to play something from my childhood!

Collecting has become a huge passion for me now. I am always browsing ebay, and sorting through so many inflated and ridiculous prices to find that one shining good deal! But my collection is prospering, and on the NES I am coming up to 100 titles now. Only 700 more to go!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    xXClan KillerXx

Name: Brian "OldSkoolBrian"
    Job: Taylor Rental (Manager) Love Games so much I want a weekend job working at a game shop
    Hobbies: Video Game collecting, Sports, outdoors

My Collection:

Xbox 360
    Nintendo wii
    3 Original Nintendos (1 Boxed)
    Boxed Super Nintendo
    Gamecube
    3 N64's
    1 Original Gameboy
    1 Playstation
    1 PS2
    1 Dreamcast

Games

Xbox 360- 5
    Wii- 2
    Nintendo- 21 (7 Boxed)
    Gameboy- 3
    Atari 2600- 147
    Genesis- 61
    Snes- 9 (7 Boxed)
    Gamecube- 2
    Ps2- 21
    Ps1- 13
    Sega Master- 10
    Xbox- 6

and more.

I Play everything from Super Mario on Nintendo to Black Ops on 360. I love all games
    I have a 5 year old son who has been watching me play and break controllers for years now he has just started playing Nintendo. He loves the Mario's of course and also Marble Madness. His Love for Games he definatly gets from me but his respect for controllers he gets from his mother as he does not throw them around.

I Love to Collect Boxed items and am always looking to expand my collection.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Final Boss's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Howdy. Love the color scheme here. Got about 14 systems from "TV-3" to PS2 and about 95 games for them. As a testament to my nerdness I'm a staff member here.

I've been pretty serious about collecting games of certain series (most of them from Konami), but recently I've spend more time and money on increasing the collection as a whole and now I'm serious about all retro collecting.

I guess that is how I stumbled upon here. That and I was googling on information about game cart and box artists (which didn't really get me anywhere).
    Last edited by Final Boss; 03-16-2011 at 11:07 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) CrazyGamesDude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello there, my name is Chris and I have been visiting the DP website for a little over a year now, but I never really introduced myself. I have always owned and enjoyed video games, but I didn't start heavily collecting until about a year or so ago. I made a youtube channel dedicated to my collection and game finds. Check it out if you are interested.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyGamesDude

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    arranon

Hello.

I'm 30, a retro gamer, collector of old games, and a blogger. My blog is at http://www.bloodybits.com and I make gaming videos on youtube

Glad to be here, let me know what you think!

Insert Coin (Level 0) DamienC666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Damien. I live in South Jersey. I collect mainly NES stuff. I have a 7800 collection I can't get rid of as well.

I've been lurking on gaming sites, message boards and IRC for a long ass time. NA really started to rub me the wrong way so I decided to lurk on another board.

I know a few people here. I actually met portnoyd IRL a few times. I gave him an NES FF3 repro for his wedding. If that isn't nerdy I don't know what is.

I also have/contribute to a few extremely vulgar NES-themed parody sites. They're in my sig.

Annnnnd I write shitty rock and roll songs that nobody downloads. But it keeps me busy: http://www.damiencappello.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    matt_average

Hi guys!

I'm Matt, I live in Portland, OR. Been playing console games since the tender age of 5 in 1990, and possibly arcade games slightly before that. Found this site while Googling for vintage game discussion and have lurked for a while, but now I've joined.

Got a pretty nice collection of 8/16 bit games, with a few PS1/PS3 games thrown in. I don't play like I used to, and sometimes I can't find the motivation to do so. It seems easier with a friend, and luckily my best friend of 21 years still is decently heavy into games, so that helps.

Hope to contribute worthiness to the site!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    APE992

I'm this guy:
    APE

Just can't post with my "APE" handle here as the account won't let me post and nobody in the administration department seems to read my messages. Meh.

I do this, I do that. Recently that was this:

Katana BIOS goodness. Overclocking consoles, swapping in replacement BIOSes, 50/60hz mods and what have you.

I mainly collect games I'll actually play as opposed to a general hoarding of items. Reacquiring my Dreamcast, Saturn, 32x and SegaCD collections is top priority but I'm also working on my obscure XBox hardware bits as well as a slowly growing Playstation collection.

I also have an aquarium as well as four guinea pigs.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Magnum Apex's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    Who you are
    As a twenty-eight-year old, I've been a longtime gamer. I got into videogames when I was about five or six years old through the NES. I grew up playing mostly console and arcade games, with less frequent but still substantial play times on the PC. As a result, I grew up to respect developers from Japan, since they dominated both the console and arcade space in the 90's. I really haven't stopped playing at all, with only my arcade gaming time being far less frequent than it once was.

Where you live
    Currently in Austin, Texas. However, the nature of my career means I'll likely move again.

How you found the forums
    I was googling on what the best TV to play older consoles is, one I could use for the NES, SNES, N64, etc. One of the links was to this thread. I decided to register after that, since this community seemed to be both large and passionate about games.

What your favorite games are
    My favorite franchise of all time is the Metal Gear Solid series, with MGS1 and MGS3 as my absolute favorites, but all four main ones occupying the top of my list. The series has everything I enjoy about playing games. Its focus on the single-player experience. Its attention to detail in every element of the game. The nature of its mechanics encourages different styles of play and multiple playthroughs. The story and characters matter. It has tons of surprises and rewards for players willing to explore everything the game has to offer. It has plenty of humor, and has the enviable quality of breaking the fourth wall without lessening the impact of its setting and story. Etcetera.

From there, the list is an ever-growing mess. A few examples, in no particular order:

- Okami
    - Duke Nukem 3D
    - Shadow of the Ninja
    - Phoenix Wright: Trials & Tribulations
    - Final Fantasy X
    - Super Street Fighter IV
    - Mortal Kombat II
    - Shenmue
    - X-Men: Children of the Atom
    - Fallout 3
    - Mass Effect
    - God of War
    - Ninja Gaiden (new series over original)
    - Demon's Souls
    - Red Dead Redemption
    - Metroid Prime
    - Resident Evil 4
    - Eternal Darkness
    - Bushido Blade
    - Doom
    - Bayonetta
    - The Dig
    - Mega Man series (X series slightly edging original)
    - Beyond Good & Evil
    - Perfect Dark
    - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    - Marvel vs Capcom
    - The Adventures of Batman & Robin (SNES version)
    - Donkey Kong Country Returns
    - Super Mario Galaxy
    - Super Mario World
    - Street Fighter Alpha 3
    - F-Zero
    - Final Fight
    - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
    - Killer Instinct
    - Hotel Dusk: Room 215
    - Mega Man Legends
    - Double Dragon series
    - Capcom-made Disney platformers in the NES

And tons, tons, tons others...

What systems you collect for
    I collect for most of the systems I own:
    - NES
    - SNES
    - Saturn
    - PlayStation
    - N64
    - Dreamcast
    - PlayStation 2
    - Xbox
    - GameCube
    - Wii
    - Xbox 360
    - PlayStation 3

I also own several handheld systems and a PC, but I'm more picky about what I buy for those, since the majority of my gaming time is spent on consoles.

What you do in "real life"
    I'm a game designer. I've been one in the industry for about three or four years. I hate the lack of job security in the industry, but I love my job when I get to do it.

Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I imagine that to some people's standards, I'm not a collector. My goal isn't to collect every game of every genre or franchise. I mostly buy games that I want to play but don't own. The most I've spent in a game has been about ~$170 on eBay for a near-mint copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga. When it comes to older games, I'll buy games that I really enjoyed as a kid but never owned, or games I've always wanted to play but never did.

At one point, during the PlayStation/N64 era, my mom gave away my NES and its fourty or so games. I hadn't played the NES in years, so my mom figured to give them away. Later, when I got nostalgic and went looking for my games, I freaked out when I learned they were gone. My mom knew the person she gave them away to, so I had to make a deal. I gave away my Genesis and games to get my NES and games back. While I don't regret making the trade, as I had more games and memories with the NES, it still sucked in the long run. I bought a used Genesis years later at GameStop to try and rebuild my collection, but I gave up after one game.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Cloche Hat's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are
    I'm Cloche hat, and as well as a stylish piece of headwear, I am also a twenty-nine year old male from the UK, where I still live - the Lake District in northwest England to be exact. Currently I'm a wage slave in a supermarket, but I'm due to start university soon, making preparations for starting a history degree.

After searching for info on collecting old Famicom games, and those beautiful, coloured carts, I found this place and decided to register. This is what I am collecting, as well as old Super Famicom, Mega-CD, PlayStation 1, and PlayStation 2 games.

As you can tell by my avatar, I am a fan of Kiki Kai Kai.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I'm one of Rolf&Nei; found this site through a vague game search, but decided to join due to its activity and general decency (though I fear I've already budded a reputation for myself as a gadfly). A low-tech gamer, I hate the current feel in games; PS1 is really where I top out. Favourite systems: NES, Genesis, PS1. Half retro, half emulator, the toughest game I've beaten in hard copy would be either Bayou Billy (NES) or Goldeneye (N64) with every damned useless bonus got; the coolest game discovered through emulation, Growlanser (PS1). Wish I had the cash to collect, especially the cartridge era games and their fragile covers. Thanks for a good site.
    Last edited by Rolf&Nei; 04-18-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SP4C3FL34
    PSN
    ArrowShockwave

It's me, SpaceFlea, as you can clearly see. I typically spend my time at Sega-16, but since it's down at the moment I must dabble elsewhere and I've planned to join here for some time - perfect.

I'm a collector first and gamer a distant second. Primarily because I no longer possess an attention span of any length, let alone one long enough to keep me engaged in a game. But I also spend most of my free time purchasing more games for and cataloging my modestly gigantic collection (as of this post 3599 games - the wall pictured in my avatar is just 1500 of them).

When it comes to collecting I do not discriminate. I collect every game for every system - no kidding. I also do what most do not, I collect for both quality and quantity. And I would gladly spend my time and money elsewhere, but at the moment it's all I have - it's my baby.

I plan to put up a video once I finish my game room. The games have been boxed up for the past four years and I'm really excited to finally get the chance to display them properly.

I started out normal enough, just collecting the games for my Sega consoles that I had wanted since I was a kid. But my OCD got the better of me and turned me into a collecting monster - something I never intended and don't really like.

That's me in a nutshell! :P
    Be Attitude For Gains...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my name's ray, i cohost a podcast about videogames

i've been into games my whole life
    collected for a while
    interested in the esoterica of the industry

i write,
    otherwise, i like to read and exercise

Insert Coin (Level 0) QuickSciFi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, everyone. QuickSciFi here, along with the sega-16 wave. Hope to make this a long-standing relationship. It's very nice seeing many of the same fa... avatars from sega-16.

About Me:
    A hardcore Sega Genesis collector, I hope to one day finish-up with the ~712 U.S. NTSC titles in Mint CIB form, and then move on to the butter title exclussives from other regions. Besides the Genny/CD/32X, I also extend my love to every other console (retro and new alike). For every Genesis/CD/32X game I add to my collection, I've vowed to add another title for a different console so as to maintain balance as a gamer.

P.S.> SpaceFlea, can't wait to see that vid of yours.
    Last edited by QuickSciFi; 04-18-2011 at 10:13 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, my name is Brendan, and I live in Auburn, MA. I found these forums in a helpful guide I came across aimed at beginning collectors. My favorite games tend to be pretty simple, like Wizard of Wor, Outrun, or Tetris. I generally prefer racers and shmups. I collect for pretty much every system I can get my hands on up to the Dreamcast era. My favorite systems are the Commodore 64, NES, and SNES. I'm a student currently, but in the past I worked for a collectibles store which allowed me to get my hands on a ton of weird and awesome video game stuff. What I like most about collecting is the hunt: knowing that I might come across something awesome every time I check out a new store or post online motivates me to keep going

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    markwaugh

Hi

My name is Mark Waugh....
    I am from USA
    I am a ghaphic and web designer
    also new in this field..... and learning