Page 95 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Keith. I am big fan of Super Mario Bros. 3 since my friend playing video game with me; and my parents bought this game for the Christmas in 1990.
    I am here for posting about Super Mario Bros. 3 beta. That why I need to register for this here. Because, a few days ago. I found something new screenshots from Japanese Magazine. That I can seen on Yahoo Flickr about Famicom for Super Mario 1 and Super Mario Bros. 3.
    I was surprised I am shocked about one new beta shots at the bottom of the screen.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi.
    My name is Milton, I live in Brazil and I'm a student of biochemistry and pharmaceutical sciences
    I've found this forum while searching for a price-catalog for rare Atari 2600 games (I don't buy many atari games, but I was curious about the most expensive games in this system)
    My favorite game era is the late-32-early-128 (when the dreamcast was released).
    I collect games that I like, no matter the system, so when I buy a game, I know I'll play it sometime. One thing that I like to collect is Japanese Mega Drive rpgs, but I won't play them because I don't know how to read Japanese.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool

My name is Phillip. I have heard of this website for some time over at neo-geo.com . I actually decided to register today when forum member Bibliophile sent me a Pm regarding a scammer known as David Kaplish. Anyway, I know the neo geo website has a reputation for being snobbish/elitists but that is not the case with all of us.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, my name is Lee. I joined the forum last week after using the digital press guide to sort through the gaming stuff I already had. I'm a college student in South Texas. I currently have: Atari 2600, Genesis, SNES, Game Boy Color, N64, GBASP, PS2, and PSP. I also have a few games for 32X, Sega CD, NES, and 7800 despite not having the consoles yet. Right now I'm working to expand my collection. I don't really care too much about completeness, its more about being able to play games the way they were meant to be played. I was the webmaster for the Link Cable of Time website which will be relaunching as an online magazine within the next couple months *crosses fingers*. Anyway, hello all.
    Last edited by Giant; 03-29-2008 at 11:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

Hi. My name's Jyri and I live in southern Finland. I'm a project manager in a ad agency. I'm responsible for all website projects.

I've been using the Online Rarity Guide for some time now and now I finally registered to these forums.

I currently own 300+ games to the following consoles:

* NES
    * SNES
    * Game boy
    * Game boy Color
    * N64
    * Gamecube
    * Mega Drive (+ Mega CD 2)
    * Saturn
    * Dreamcast
    * Game Gear
    * Sony Playstation
    * DS Lite

You can find my blog at http://www.kilpelainen.info .

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Uh hi. Names Rarehunter, but you can call me Matthew. I am a 3rd generation gamer and have been playing for 21 years. I own an unofficially small distribution company outside of San Jose called Rarefindit. I try to specialize in rare games. What makes me unique is I usually find rare games on foot instead of going online. That means going to local stores and indie game shops that may have rare games. I hear everyone say it's on ebay or amazon, but I say bullocks to that. I can prove to those naysayers that I can find it on foot.

Unfortunately, I've almost exausted all my resouces and now I seek guidance. I'm going to the retrogamers for help since you guys share the same interest as I. I'm asking for help outside of San Jose, but still keeping it like it's local. If you have a rare game I need, I'll pay you.

Let's negotiate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Deltoid Steep
    PSN
    Deltoid-Steep

Default hellooo

Hello everybody, my name is Todd and i'm from Hamilton, Ontario. I've been reading these forums for a while now and i figured it's about time that i got involved in them. I've been gaming for the past 15 or so years, though it's only in the last few years that i've seriously started collecting. I collect for almost 30 systems but i focus more on quality than quantity so my library isn't enormous. Anyways, i hope to learn and have a good time here!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Sin Cargo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sin Cargo

Hey everyone! My name is Brett, I'm a 26 year old film maker. Originally from Buffalo, NY, I moved to Queens in the summer of 2005 to pursue work in the entertainment biz. In November of 2006, I joined together with some college buddies of mine and shot a pilot to an indy web series called "The New Adventures of Captain S." The show was meant to be a mash-up of saturday morning TV shows from the early 90s (think Saved by the Bell, Captain N, and Superhuman Samurai-Syber Squad.) A month later, we formed PBC Productions and made 9 more episodes of Captain S.

Since launching our site in January of 2007, we have released over 70 videos, many of them with a gaming theme. We're featured on screwattack.com, and soon to be featured on goodgameTV.com, which releases its first beta today. Check out http://www.pbc-productions.com for new content every friday!

You can catch us at NAVA each month, ogling Joe's collection, drinking beer (in red plastic cups, of course,) and shooting the breeze with everyone that's come out.

Ass.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Arrow

Nodtveidt's the name, you can call me Nodt or Rover (The Old Rover is what people on pcenginefx know me as). I currently hail from Isabela, Puerto Rico, but am originally from the USA mainland. Came here tracking a scam, actually...but found out I couldn't see the page. Oh well. Anyways, to keep with the format of new posts here...my favorite games are pretty much all on the TurboGrafx 16...Neutopia, Exile, Parasol Stars, Cadash, Lords Of Thunder...I could go on and on for hours. Not a lot of love for newer console games with a few exceptions, such as Genji on the PS2 or Castlevania POR on the NDS. I collect only for the TurboGrafx, but my console is region-modded so I've picked up a few select PC Engine titles as well. In real life, I am a trading card merchandiser full-time and a programmer part-time, doing websites professionally and retro video games as a hobby; I'm the lead coder of the PCE coding group Frozen Utopia and also code for Eponasoft as an NDS developer. I intend to collect the entire US TurboGrafx 16 collection someday...I was actually almost there, with a solid 100 titles in my possession...and then I had to sell off most of them because my wife and I needed the money for our soon-to-be-born baby girl. Well, I can collect them anytime, but our family is more important. Anyways, I'll hang around here for awhile I reckon, but I'll try to avoid conflict...I hate fighting on forums.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate Monk3y

Hey everyone. My name is Dan and I'm from Flemington, NJ

To be honest I'm not quite sure how I found these forums, and I only found them about two weeks ago, but I'm happy I found them. They are pretty much everything I've been looking for in a gaming board.

Its tough to say what my favorite game is. I'm a big fan of the Contra series and the frustration it causes. I've also been a follower of Pokemon since the early days.

I've recently started collecting again because I made friends with some people who also like video games. Right now I own a NES, SNES, Genesis, N64 Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance SP, and a DS. Basically I buy games that I've heard good things about for all those consoles and I'm always looking for consoles and cool accessories that I don't already have. I just love collecting all that kind of stuff.

Right now I'm just a student but I just applied at Gamestop so hopefully that will go well. Despite my normal views on their store, I figured that if I like games, the job might be bearable as opposed to other options.

I started "collecting" when I was around 6. My Uncle bought a NES for his two daughters that they never played, so he handed it down to me along with SMB and Tetris. I VERY RARELY got new games and after all that time I still only have around 30. I was almost always one or two gens behind on the latest technology but it gave me a greater appreciation of the classics.

I guess thats it, probably over did it with all of that.
    Last edited by thepiratemonk3y; 04-06-2008 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Forgot some consoles

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey everyone, my name is Dustin, I am from the midwest, Iowa to be exact. I am 33, I'm married, and I am a pretty hardcore gamer and sports fan. As for systems I have..

One SNES I got for christmas when it launched
    One Super Famicom
    One turbo duo that I got at a yard sale in the (very damaged) box
    One genesis with sega cd with the s-video cable mod
    One slim cermaic white pstwo
    One white import sega saturn
    Two dreamcasts, one still NIB for when the launch system croaks
    One halo edition xbox
    One silver gcube
    One xbox 360 pro
    One import xbox 360 arcade edition
    One PS3
    One Wii
    Two DS lites, one white, one baby blue (import)
    Two GBA SP with the bright screen

The ps3, wii and 360 are played on a 42" panasonic 1080p plasma and everything else is played on 32" jvc iart 4:3 tv. My favorite games are 2D and 3D fighters, 2D shooters, FPS, RPG and Racing games..actually, I like games period. I'm glad to be here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im 23yo from Sweden. Found this side like two years ago or something and have been coming back here once in a while when im looking for something. And today finally registred myself, hehe.
    I'm collecting Final Fantasy titles, NES and SNES games. I'm not a huge collector and i'll probably never be one. I'm more of a retro gamer then a retro collector.
    Well, it's nice to be here.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Master Roufuss
    PSN
    Roufuss

Hm, a quick introduction - I'm 25, from Tampa Bay, FL. I had always known about Digitpress, even had myself a nice 1,100 + game collection, but for many reasons I had to liquidate =/

Eventually, I hope to put most of it back together, but in the mean time, I'd love to talk about the games I've owned, played, and discover new gems in the mean time!

Luckily I kept all my working systems

Insert Coin (Level 0) GreatBazunka's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I found me!

Hi, GreatBazunka Here.
    I am a Nintendo collector, anything Nintendo. I like all types of games but pretty much anything with mario in it is my favorite. I have a decently extensive NES colelction including a caltron 6 in 1. In real life (if there is such a thing) i am a computer technitian. Having no bills right now sure makes collecting easy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GreatBazunka View Post
    Hi, GreatBazunka Here.
    I am a Nintendo collector, anything Nintendo. I like all types of games but pretty much anything with mario in it is my favorite. I have a decently extensive NES colelction including a caltron 6 in 1. In real life (if there is such a thing) i am a computer technitian. Having no bills right now sure makes collecting easy.
    I'm probably not the right person to say this but, Welcome to the bunch!
    GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY NINTENDO!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I'm Dr. Dib. Well I'm not a real doctor, but its just a name I came up with as I was naming myself in Zelda. Yes my name is inspired by Invader Zim.

Anyways, I've been a gamer nearly all of my life. My older brother and father already had a NES when I was born and they got a SNES shortly after A Link to the Past came out.

I got into collecting games sometime in the summer of '04. This was caused by me finally getting a T.V. in my room. I decided I wanted to hook up my SNES which had not been used in ages (as I would later discover, I could have used it since I used the N64 A/V cable). As it turned out I had the worst of luck because Gamestop and EB Games stopped carrying anything older than a N64. Thankfully a GameCrazy opened up nearby me.

Anyways, since I officially started collecting in 2004 (although I've of course kept some consoles that I was an original owner of) I've accumulated 300 some games. Of course this isn't as much as others, but I take pride in what I have. After all, for having a little paying job it isn't too bad.

I came to this site after someone recommended its collector's guide to me.
    I have a sig?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are
    Hello, I'm Sean.

Where you live
    Florida. It's too damn hot. >_<

How you found the forums
    Google search on RetroDuo reviews

What your favorite games are
    SNES RPGs, Megaman/Rockman, Katamari, Unreal Tournament, and anything really unique, bizarre, or relatively unknown/non-mainstream

What systems you collect for
    Mostly NES, SNES, but I love everything

What you do in "real life"
    In college (pursuing engineering), work part time at a wheel store (different, but interesting)

Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I grew up with my NES, which fascinated me to no end. It just kept going from there.

View my collection
    Last edited by NayusDante; 04-13-2008 at 04:25 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Gandalf42's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi.. Gandalf42 here,

I've collected systems and games for the better part of a decade. The systems I currently own the Atari 2600 (4), Atari 5200 (1), Atari 7800 (2), Atari XE Game System (1), Colecovision (1), Intellivision (3), Odyssey 2 (2), Playstation (4), Playstation 2 (3), Playstation 3 (1), XBox (2), Xbox 360 (1), Gamecube (2), Saturn (3), N64 (3), Wii (1), PSP (1), NDS (2), NDS Lite (1), Genesis (2), TG-16 (2), TurboDuo (1), 3D0 (1/Panasonic), GameGear (1), NeoGeo Color (1), Gameboy Advance (2), WonderSwan (1), Sega Master System (2), SNES (2), NES (10). I'm probably forgetting a few.

The games I mainly collect, play and trade are shoot'em ups and I also run a Shoot'em up fansite called Shmuptacular.

Looking forward to some good classic gaming chatting.
    :: Gandalf42 :: [Shmuptacular.com: Shmup Resource Site] ·-/-· [My Blog]

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    raptor94k
    PSN
    raptor94k

Hey.

My name is Jordan. I'll be 21 in like two weeks and I'm in college at LSU. Two more semesters and I will be out with a double major in electrical engineering and computer engineering. Then I'm going to be a musician.

I've been collecting games since I was 14 or so. I started out collecting games for the NES and now I collect anything that I can find. I'm a big RPG fan, but I definitely love a good side scrolling fighter or shooter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MasterMeltd0wn

Default Greetings and Well Met

Greetings and Well Met.
    My name is Mike and I'm 43 and been a video gamer since 1972 when my father brought home the first Odyssey, When I moved out I took all the gaming consoles with me. At first I never thought of it as 'collecting' video games, I just thought of it as keeping them so that I could hook them up and play them whenever I got the urge. It wasn't until I started hearing people talk about the "old" days when they first played on their NES or SNES that I realized 2 things. I'm OLD, and I have an extensive video game console collection. .

I'm a single father raising my 2 daughters who are both also gaming adicts, I'm currently trapped in Florida, and thats not as great as many think it is.

I found this site on a Google search, as I recently got fed up with the 2 gaming forums I was a member of and decided to search for another place that was established and covered all ranges of video games, and Here I am.

My favorite games of all time are Donkey Kong(arcade), Joust(arcade), Gyruss(arcade), Both Animal Crossing games(GCN,DS), Mass Effect(xbox360), Lost Odyssey(xbox360), and both Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic(xbox) As you can see I favor the so called "RPG's" even though none of them actually feel like true Role Playing Games.

The following are consoles that I own, although most are packed away in storage because I dont have enough space now to display them.

• 3DO
    • Atari 2600 x 4
    • Atari 400
    • Atari 5200
    • Atari PONG x 2
    • C64
    • ColecoVision
    • Gamecube
    • Intellevision
    • N64
    • NES x 2
    • Odyssey
    • Odyssey 2000
    • Odyssey 2
    • Sega Genesis
    • Sega MasterSystem
    • Sega CD
    • SNES
    • TurboGrafix 16
    • TI-99/4a
    • VIC20
    • Xbox
    • Xbox360
    • Wii

• DS x 3
    • DS lite x 3
    • GB
    • GBP
    • GBC
    • GBA
    • GBA-SP x 3
    • Sega GameGear
    • Virtualboy

And before anyone asks NO I do not own any SONY systems, Once SONY screwed up my computer I vowed to never allow their products in my home ever again, with the exception of CD's and DVD's which now NEVER go near my computer.

For the past 2 years I was the home caregiver for my grandfather who has Alzheimer's which was pretty much a 24/7 job, but now he is in a nursing home so I can return to the working field, now to just find a company that is actually hiring. lol

spare time for me is spent playing with my daughters, playing video games, and puppetry. yes I'm a professional Puppeteer.

Well I guess thats enough "Intro" for me, now I'll go check out some more boards.

Xboxlive - MasterMeltd0wn
    Wii - 7663 3838 9454 2990