Page 125 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Storyteller's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shapples

Hi, I'm Richard, I just turned 24, and I've been collecting console games for several months now. I live in TN in the great city of Nashville, and I heard about Digital Press through a real life friend of mine that uses the forums. I have been using the online rarity guide that is hosted here as a sort of buying guide for my collection so far. I completely forgot there was a forum in here and just decided to go ahead and sign up!

My favorite games are Fighting games, Platformers, and First-Person Shooters. I'm into Super Street Fighter 4 and Modern Warfare 2, but I still have that soft spot for older games like Frogger, Adventure Island, Crusader of Centy; basically anything fun. I'm mainly a Sega collector, but I'll collect anything video game related. I own 16 game systems and around 700 games for them total, with my Genesis collection itself clocking in at 301 CIB games for the system by itself. I just recently got into arcade machines in a big way, kind of expanding the collection out to include the stand up machines.

Great to be here, and nice to meet you guys.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are:Michael
    - Where you live: Olive Branch, MS
    - How you found the forums: looking for a way to fix retro duo sound.. but have since gotten a real nes and snes because battletoads won't work on the duo :'[ (it'll stay around as backup)
    - What your favorite games are: platform action (like Mega Man or Contra or Metroid), RPG's, SMUPS some specifics are Final Fantasy 1-6 except 2 MegaMan 1-5, Gunstar Heroes,Blaster Master, Gradius series, Giga Wing, Metal Slug,
    - What systems you collect for:a few very select SNES and GENESIS titles but mostly NES I just started about a month ago but have amassed 160 NES titles so far.. I plan on acquiring a full collection of titles released during the systems lifetime.(sorry cheetamen 2) minus Stadium Events and Bubble Bath babes unless I can make a very lucky find (they will have repro placeholders)
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc. : I am pretty good at fixing non-working electronics and putting them back together with new and interesting flaws.... in I also have a 2player mame machine and 2 pinballs

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi there

Hi everyone,

My name is Brian and I'm 36 years old from Connecticut. I discovered Digital Press about 7 years ago, but never signed up for the forums. No time like the present, right?

I'm an electrical engineer with a regular day job and I tinker with arcade games, pinball machines, and gaming consoles as a hobby. I'm also in a band called Yellow 9, you can check it out at www.yellow9.com (we are also on myspace and facebook).

I've been over at the atariage forum for awhile and I'm always looking to add to my gameroom in the basement. The Digital Press guides have sure come in handy. I look forward to meeting people here in the forum.

Thanks!
    Brian

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I am Mike.
    Live in England.
    fave games - Final Fantasy VII, F Zero X, GTA IV and others.
    own snes, ps1, xbox, xbox 360, dreamcast, gameboy color, N64, Wii, gamecube, psp, ds.
    Unemployed.
    i think my first game might have been a hanheld game of Arch Rivals. or a second hand spectrum.
    Last edited by MikeOutside; 08-09-2010 at 11:38 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- i think i found the forums with general googling.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are : Hello there, my name is George and I am 25 years old.

- Where you live : Virginia

- How you found the forums : I've just decided to join the forums a little while ago but have been visiting this site for about a year, but found it searching for the best site for classic gaming of course.

- What your favorite games are : I enjoy something from every genre..but I do tend to stick with the weird ones, The Neverhood, Hard of Darkness, the Oddworld series..more on the classic side would be Mighty Bomb Jack, 3D World Runner, Bonk, Puggsy, Quarth ect ect.. I don't want to keep going but you get the picture

- What systems you collect for : Unfortunately the oldest thing I probably own right now would be the Vectrex, but would love to get my Atari collection back as well as others...I generally like to collect things that didn't sell well back in the day (sega nomad)...

- What you do in "real life" : I am a pianist as well as a graphic designer, and I work at a University.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc. : I probably started collecting when I realized I was missing everything that used to be...a long time ago.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Self-Intro

Hello everyone,

My name is Michael. I'm originally from the Twin Cities, but I currently reside in Japan. I live in a city called Hamamatsu, which is located in Shizuoka prefecture and is about 1.5 hours away from Tokyo.

I recently found digitpress while scouring the internet for information on import games. Since moving to Japan, I've been slowly amassing a collection of imports, or more specifically, games that were released only in Japan and never saw an official release stateside. The collection is just starting to get fairly respectable, so I thought it might be time to start sharing information about what I've been able to find during my time in Japan, and hopefully, at the same time get some more information about games I should keep an eye out during the duration of my stay.

What are my favorite games?? Wow! That's tough. I mean, I started out on an Atari and shortly thereafter moved on to the NES and SNES, so a lot of my most memorable gaming moments are from those three systems. I'm truly a classic gamer at heart, but I also fully embrace and support all facets of the gaming world.

While I was back in the states I was mostly collecting for the NES, SNES, PS1, PS2, and Game Cube, but now it's strictly Japanese games. I'm currently collecting for the Famicom, Super Famicom, Saturn, Dreamcast, PC Engine, PS1, PS2, Xbox 360, and occasionally I might pick something up for my PSP, DS, and GBA. I really try and stick to things I can only find in Japan, but occasionally I'll stray from the path and buy the Japanese version of something I already own back home. For example, something justifiably unique like the Japanese version of "Ico," which has extra game play elements not present in the US version. Something like that. Also, my favorite genres are probably shoot-em'-up, and fighting, so I own quite a few games in just those two genres alone. Some of my current favorites are Mushihimesama (PS2), Ketsui (xbox360), Zero Gunner 2 (DC), Battle Garegga (SS), Virtua Figher 2 (PS2), Hokuto no Ken (PS2), and basically any Street Fighter game (multiple platforms).

In "real" life, I'm a high school teacher. Or at least until my school loans are all paid off. Then it's most likely back to school=P

Hmmm... what else should I say about myself. I tend to spread myself out in terms of hobbies, which is sometimes a very bad thing because I'll end up neglecting something I love to do for a very long time. I've been skateboarding and snowboarding since I was in grade school and while it's not as easy to do in the area which I live in, I try and get out as much as possible. Cycling is another one. I don't own a car in Japan, so I use my bike pretty much everyday. Traveling is another thing I'm pretty passionate about. I've been using most of my vacation time to travel around and see as much of Asia as possible. So far I've managed to visit Korea, China, Thailand, Cambodia, the Philippines, and Australia. Vietnam, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and India are on the shortlist of places I wanna go next. I'm also a pretty big sports fan, too. Twins, Vikings, and Wild all the way!! Timberwolves, not so much=P Go Minnesota!

Well, that about does it. If anyone is up for chatting about imports from Japan, I'm all ears!! You'll most likely find me hanging out in Import-mania from here on out!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Dusty, I've been lurking here for a while, but this is my first post. I'm from Provo, UT and I collect NES, SNES, N64, C64, and CV games and hardware. I found out bout this website through atariage or nintendoage (I've seen references to this site on both).

Dusty
    Last edited by dustfilledhobo; 08-20-2010 at 10:46 AM.

whaler on the moon Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- How you found the forums
    Stumbled upon them while googling something or other on collecting.

- What systems you collect for
    My collections are small change compared to many I have seen on the boards, but my main areas would be Nintendo 64 CIB, plus N64 imports. My wife and I also are starting to build an NES collection, cartridge only.

We have a top loading NES, classic NES, Genesis 3, original GameBoy, GBA, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, XBox 360, DS, and Wii. We also have a SNES, but it's sitting in the garage collecting dust.

I still have most of the games I originally bought (in other words, most of my collection is "original owner"), though I am starting to sell some of my games (including my CIB N64 games). So, while I enjoy collecting, I am also looking to keep things in moderation.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    elusiveshame

Name: Adam
    How I found this site: I typed in "retro gaming forums" in google

The consoles I own: SNES (3 of them), Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Wii, XBOX 360, Dreamcast, Gameboy, GBA, PS2, and I believe that's it. Next weekend I'm getting a Mortal Kombat 2 arcade machine, with a board to change out for MK3.

I'm a moderate collector. If I see a good deal on something, I'm going to buy it. I don't buy for the price value or to say "I have that". Well, some things I do have to say "I have it", but meh. I use to have a few classic NES's, but I have no idea what happened to them. I have a few (about 5 to 10) NES games that I'd love to play on the original hardware (Mario 3, Dragon Warrior, Final Fantasy), though since I can't, I have the remakes of Final Fantasy 1 (as well as on the Wii VC). The newest to my collections (as of this afternoon) are the Sega Saturn (paid $50 for the console, 2 controllers, 2 guns, 11 games and the hookups), a Nintendo 64 ($20 for 2 controllers, the hookups, expansion pack and a controller pack), and 4 N64 games for $20 - Golden Eye (in box), Majora's Mask (collectors edition, in box), Donkey Kong 64 (in box) and Mario 64 (not in box - assuming it's the one that came with the console, or the owner lost the box).

I'm a strange type of gamer from all of my friends. My friends play a lot of sports/racing games, where I play a lot of role playing games, action/scrollers, and rhthmn games (guitar hero, rock band, and dj hero).

Most of the stuff I have for my collection range from moderately rare to pretty common. I use to have one really rare piece of hardware for the SNES called the Super Wildcard FX, but I sold it to a friend of mine who still has it. For those of you who don't know, it's a device that allows you to dump your cartridge onto a floppy disk, as well as play from a floppy disk. Interesting device.

My most prized item in my collection is my Super Nintendo with the RPG's I own for it - Final Fantasy 2, Final Fantasy 3, Secret of Mana, and Zelda. I might have a few more, but I'm not quite sure what they are off the top of my head.

My hobbies include (aside from gaming): playing guitar, writing (wrote a novel that I never let anyone read, lyrics for the bands I was in, and in the process of writing my first screen play that will be a locally shot and independently financed and filmed project with a few friends), drawing (paper/pencil as well as digital - I have a Wacom tablet that I can draw with in photoshop, which I prefer over paper/pencil because if I mess up or just don't like the drawing, it doesn't waste paper, though I'm doing more pencil sketches now), photography (nothing major, just some scenic things), and my website.

Anyways, that's all for now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    I'm Daniel, otherwise known as Cesque everywhere on the internet - I'm 15 years old, although it's less than a month until I'm 16. Then I'm getting a debit card and buying things online will be so much easier!

- Where you live
    I live in Birmingham, England.

I just checked my browsing history - I only found DP last night - and it appears that I suddenly really wanted to buy a Famicom. Then somehow I got onto looking at the rarest NES games, which then led me here. I have no idea how that works, but I'm glad it did.

- What your favorite games are
    Honestly, I have no idea. The game I've spent most time on is definitely Team Fortress 2 - the one current gen non-wii game I play. I loved Mother 3, so much so that I actually finished it, which I never do with RPGs. The Rhythm Tengoku series, too. And probably some others, which I'm missing. My tastes change a lot :P

None, yet - I just snatch up anything which looks cool. I don't really have enough money to properly collect.

- What you do in "real life"
    Real life?
    I just go to school in the day and then sit on my computer in the evening

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I started with chiptunes, about 2 years ago. Had a couple of Gameboys, LSDJ carts. The my sister got me a SNES for Christmas, which I played for a bit then didn't touch for the majority of a year. Now I somehow have a load of stuff, and I'm not sure how that happened O.o I guess I blame car boot sales, and that one retro game shop in Sutton :P

Edit: Also, the day after I posted this, I trawled the charity shops, finding nothing but some strange game thing from 1981... I picked it up for Ł3. Turns out it was a Grandstand Astro Wars, which were selling for Ł20-Ł30 on eBay. I'm pretty happy about that
    Last edited by Cesque; 08-24-2010 at 06:08 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are: My name is Fabrice aka IchigoBankai
    - Where you live: I live in France
    - How you found the forums: Searching for some informations about SplatterHouse nes with MMC3 hack ! ^_^
    - What your favorite games are: action, plataformers, adventure
    - What systems you collect for: Sega Master System, and game I really like on Snes, Megadrive, MVS, Nes
    - What you do in "real life": I'm working in a Advertising Agency
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc. : I've made few repro on many supports, always searching for new games to make !

Insert Coin (Level 0) Tommittaja's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi dudes!

- Who you are
    hmm i'm Tommi

- Where you live
    here in europe, finland

i was desperately searching for a retrogaming forum, and i found this yes!

mmm... that's a really hard question.. BUT i think they go about like this:
    Super bomberman (1,2), metroids, i wanna be the guy, i wanna be the fangame and other retro(ish) games, of course

Sega, Atari, SNES, NES, (DOS)

i'm studying in highschool.. i play guitar and mostly just hang inside like a nerd

i don't know if collecting roms is collecting, but i just remembered some old games, like the lost vikings and supaplex and i suddendly felt this overwhelming nostalgia. i have about 1090 NES games, 900 or 700 SNES games (i want more!), 900 Genesis games and a couple (7 i think) DOS games

skyroads is the best game for dos

yeah, that's about right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well... my names hellraiser from ca.

i just got here...
    anyways i just recently started collecting games again. The first time around i was into Nes, master system, genesis, snes and playstation 1...then stoped for over a decade.

Like a big dummy i got rid of all my stuff as the next system came out.
    now im stuck starting from scratch, searching the flea markets and burning my eyes and bank accounts on ebay...lol

any how for now im into 8 and 16 bit nintendo but thinking about a sega genesis soon...
    I'm the best there is at what I do. But what I do best isn't very nice. -James "Logan" Howlett

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello!

I have been an active member at another Retro forum at Racketboy.com

I an Avid gamer who has seen first hand how the gaming Industry has grown. From the Pong games when they first hit my bowling alley, consoles from Bally Astrocade and Atari 2600 to C64 to VECTREX (Remember that cool Vector Monitor?) Dreamcast all the way to PS3. I love Video games best when I'm playing them.

Here is one of my posts on racketboy, links of other Guides I wrote towards the end of the article.

http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewt...204314#p204314

The systems I own at my Signature.
    CRTGAMER Guides and Reviews
    Apple II+, APF MP1000, Atari 5200 7800, Vic20, TI994A, SX64, Educ64, 128D, Vectrex, N64, PS1, iMac CRT, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, GBA Player, PSP, Wii, PS3 Emotion chip, Samsung Impression, VHS, CED, Video 8, Pioneer Laser, DVD, Sony WEGA HDCRT

Insert Coin (Level 0) Atari Joe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello Friends!

My name is Joseph and am very excited about video games! I enjoy classic 8-Bit video games such as Nintendo NES, ColecoVision, and Sega Master System, but ATARI has been and always will be my favorite video games of all time. Especially the 2600, 5200, 7800, LYNX and JAGUAR! I also like ColecoVision A LOT for the homebrew scene! There are some great new games by some wonderful programmers and they are some of the best games I've ever played! I also enjoy Super Nintendo, Genesis, Dreamcast, PlayStation 1 & 3 but not 2, and Donkey Kong. Also 8-Bit Computers. Nolan's mantra is my vision - easy to learn, difficult to master. That's how I like to play. I am also a dedicated fan of Steve Wiebe and support TEAM WIEBE and I also like Walter Day of Twin Galaxies. I hail from South Florida and right now I live in Naples.

I also really love learning about video game history and sharing my passion and knowledge of Atari History with others. Knowledge is like a candle light, you can pass it on by lighting other people's candles and giving them light. Thats what I like to think. Atari history is important to me and I think it should be passed on. And that is why I have dedicated my life's work to preserving the history of Atari, creating awareness and promoting the hobby.

I have been creating my own Atari web pages for many years with my first page going up in January 1995. And I am working on my newest and greatest web page. I found DP many years ago and have been coming for maybe 10 years now and reading what everyone has to say but now I am getting serious about posting. I would like to talk with old friends, meet new friends, and feel the positive energy of the Atari community to get new ideas and things that will make my next website the best ever. Thank you.

Your Friend,
    Atari Joe
    "Atari Joe" Joseph Schutt
    The Justin Bieber of the Video Game World™
    Atari 7800 (dot.com) : : The Most Awesome Atari Website Ever.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    Anthony

- Where you live
    New Jersey

I found the store first and figured I would join the forums

RPGs and Platformers, Lunar, Sonic, Final Fantasy, etc.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, PS1, PS2, PS3, Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Atari 2600, Turbografx/duo

College Sudent, RUTGERS

Always loved video games, retro games were always my favorite, especially sega

Insert Coin (Level 0) Lorfarius's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Lorfarius1

- Who you are

Keith

- Where you live

Glossop, Derbyshire in the UK

Heard about it in numerous places and made the odd visit over the years but always felt a bit intimidated. In the end just thought sod it and here I am!

Vampire Bloodlines Masquerade because it is most enthralling modern RPG with the vampires mixed in. None of that Twilight twaddle for me!

NES PAL A. Going after a complete set of UKV, GBR and unlicensed carts. Approx 190 out of 280 carts so far.

IT Technician.

Well I'm currently working on a UK NES based website that will be encyclopedic like with gameplay footage, reviews, screenshots, era articles etc Not far from launching and I'm bound ot have a link in my sig and mention it from time to time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are
    I'm Jake.

- Where you live
    A tiny town called East Kingston.

I've known about them for some time. I think I originally found them on Google.

The World Ends with You, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, GBA Castlevania games, Metroid Prime/Prime2/Fusion/etc, Phantasy Star Online, Space Invaders, and the list pretty much goes on for ever.

Nintendo, Sega Dreamcast, and Super Nintendo primarily.

I'm a student.

I got my first game at the age of three. The rest is history.

a trippy absolute, eye tripping disease, no resolution, no auto save

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Kobiekun
    PSN
    Kobiekun

Hello all,

My name is Jason and I was born, raised and still live in San Diego, CA.

I've known about DP for a long time, but have only just joined the forums after finding the answer I was looking for on these forums (the question: What kind of bit do I need to open up a PC Engine DUO-R? the answer: Torx Security #10).

Some of my favorite games are Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Mother 3, Shenmue - I'm leaving way too many out and can't pick just one.

I collect games a for all of the consoles and handhelds that I own. I own somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 distinct consoles and handhelds, upward of 30 if you count variants. I'm currently focusing on my Saturn, PC Engine and SNES collections.

In real life, I am a software developer.

I've been playing games since the early 80s, starting out with an Atari 2600. I kept a number of games from my childhood as a matter of course, but I officially started collecting in the late 90s with the advent of eBay and the availability of a certain boxed Sega Master System.

I'm glad to have signed onto these forums and hope that I can learn a lot here, as well as contribute any knowledge that I have acquired over the years.