Page 154 of 164 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm based in the UK, and have known about the site for a while, but recently found myself poking my head in a little more and figured why not go the distance. I have already spotted at least one familiar face on here from other forums

I grew up with computers (an Acorn Electron, shortly followed by a BBC Master B), but what really helped shape my tastes was reading the legendary SNES magazine 'Super Play' back in the early 90s, which opened my eyes to importing, RPGs, anime, and goodness knows what else. These days my collection is spread across all regions and many formats both old and new, along with a small but quite satisfying selection of arcade boards. I will probably be digging around in your import sub section quite a bit!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    fwonkas
    PSN
    fwonkas

Default Hello

- Who you are
    Hi, I'm Joe.

- Where you live
    Farmington, MN. It's a suburb of Minneapolis & St. Paul.

- How you found the forums
    I don't recall. I've been lurking for a long time. I probably got here through google.

- What your favorite games are
    I've been a big fan of the Final Fantasy series since FF 2/4. But RPGs in general. Platformers like Mario & Sonic. It's probably easier to talk about genres I don't typically go for: sports titles & FPS. There are exceptions, of course.

- What systems you collect for
    Most systems. I'm not currently focusing on one in particular. Many of the major ones from the 2600 on. I think the only major 90s consoles I don't collect for are Neo Geo and Jaguar.

- What you do in "real life"
    Front-end web development.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I was always a stickler for keeping the game box, manual, etc. in pretty good condition. So I've had that tendency since the SNES days. But I'm more into acquiring and playing games than strictly collecting (getting something in good condition or sealed is great, but not even remotely a requirement).

I'm also into system maintenance and modifications, especially to add new capabilities to aging systems.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello

Caleb here from Australia. I'm an iPhone developer and Nintendo enthusiast. I made a pokedex app called Oak. Now I'm working on a couple of apps for video game collectors. I hope you'll like them.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, my name is mike, i live in NY. I've been to this website several times but never really looked at the forums i finally decided to join. i used to be a heavy NES lover, i recently ventured off into the world of turbografx, and just today i came a across a neo geo. so my path of gaming really doesn't stop anywhere. i collect mostly nintendo stuff but i have a lot of every system. theres a lot i don't have that i wish i could come across but finding anything in the wild in Ny is near impossible. resellers are everywhere. so retail gets a bit annoying when you can't come across good deals. but i look forward to becoming part of your community!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Revenge2wrath
    PSN
    itsaheartache

I am HarrisBlake or as people call me '' sega lover'' my first system was a Game boy advance SP. i started collecting about 2 years ago. since then i have fallen in love with the retro systems Especially Sega systems such as the dreamcast and Genesis. i am active on youtube where i do Game pickups and talk about all things gaming i am the one with the canon. i currently collect for the Ps3 Ps2 PS1 3DS and the sega genesis though i often pick up games for the 2600 And other retro systems. i found out about this site from youtube and my favorite game is oblivion

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, name's Neil. I'm an American, specifically from New Mexico, but I'm gonna move to California soon. I found this place finally getting into the whole what's the highest quality cable for the preHD consoles. This place had a lot of valuable information/opinions and I have trawled this place thoroughly with the search feature for info on cables. Favorite games are probably the whole Mother series and Planescape Torment. Currently, I only own a few Famicom, Super Famicom, GBA and GC games. I basically decided when I amass a fortune I'm gonna collect based on the region of the developer because I'm a language nerd and know quite a bit of Japanese and some European languages too, so practically all of the NTSC-U console games I collected as an American youth, which was a lot of games, I sold a couple years ago. I only own the 3 Mother games for their consoles (including a Mother 3 Deluxe Box, which I preordered, which is awesome), Super Metroid's Japanese release and only kept such as the Metroid Primes which were developed by Americans, etc. Otherwise, lately I just emulate some old stuff on an original Xbox and a PSP.

Insert Coin (Level 0) eman_rocker82's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default more retro than modern

Hello, my name is Eric. I live in the eastern suburbs of Minnesota. I found this forum through an internet search.

My first video game system was the NES, I used $100 from my birthday as a kid and bought the Action Set at K-mart.
    I also have the original Gameboy (it's in kinda rough shape). Also the SNES (my fave). Along with that I have an Original Xbox, coincidentally I won that from a second-chance giveaway at Taco Bell. My video game admirations have been revitalized in recent years by mostly AVGN.

Fave games, including types and series: Contra, Castlevania, The Legend of Zelda (Link to the Past is my fave), Puzzle games, Platformer/Sidescrollers, and FPS. I am not really into RPG games other than the Zelda franchise unless there is something very similar.
    I also play some computer games but more of the old DOS games including: Doom, Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein 3D, Rise of the Triad, and Heretic.

I hope to expand more into other systems including: Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, PS1, PS2 and more as I see fit.
    The newest game generation I have played was XBox 360 but I sold off my system, games and accessories because lack of interest.

I might not seem to be a full on gamer but I have been playing since I was a child and want to continue currently through adulthood.

hee ho Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    RadioSlug
    3DS Friend
    2019-9849-6245
    Steam
    icecreamstories

- Who you are
    My name's Mat!

- Where you live
    I currently live in Arizona.

- How you found the forums
    I've stumbled across these forums on multiple occasions while researching old games or consoles. After reading through a thread about Famicom cases, I signed up.

- What your favorite games are
    Some of my favorite games are Fallout 2, Super Metroid, Star Fox 64, Mother 3, We Love Katamari, and Metal Gear Solid.

- What systems you collect for
    I'm always getting games for any console I own, though I'm interested in getting more Famicom/PS1 games.

- What you do in "real life"
    I sit around in my room. I recently dropped out of high school, so I'm in the process of applying for a GED test. As far as a career goes, I'm thinking of studying Japanese to become a translator.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    My first game was Super Mario 64. Before I was born, my family gave our NES/SNES to our cousin, who then sold them. As a result, I grew up mostly playing N64, PS1, and PC games.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Hi, I'm Mike from St Louis. I originally stumbled across these forums about 10 or so years ago trying to find information about an odd PS1 RPG I'd picked up called Tokyo Dungeon and seeing it mentioned in a Greg Wilcox article. I kept looking in to marvel at the awesome stuff in the "post your recent import pickups" thread.

I play all kinds of games from Emerson Arcadia 2000 to Xbox 360, but I skew heavily to games from the late '80s/early '90s. In recent years I've been buying mostly imports and arcade cabinets, but I never stop playing my NES and SNES. I guess I've got somewhere around 2000 or so games at this point, but I still think of myself less as a collector and more of an enthusiast, as I buy games to play them above all else, and I'm not trying to complete any sets or anything.

At this point, I'm more likely to buy games that I haven't heard of than those I have, and love to try something weird or unique. I never stop going back to my old favorites, though, even if they're a little cliché.

Some of my all-time favorites are:
    Earthbound
    Super Metroid
    Castlevania: SOTN
    Contra
    Enemy Zero
    Gate of Thunder
    Zelda II
    Keith Courage in the Alpha Zones
    Retro Game Challenge
    Super Mario World
    Super Mario 64

Of course, there are many more. I'm not sure what my rarest game is at this point, but if I had to guess I'd say Sengoku 3 on Neo Geo AES. In the next couple of years I'm hoping to pick up my first pinball. Aside from gaming, I'm 34, happily married, and really enjoy science fiction, anime, board games, cartoons, and a few comics, so I'm pretty run of the mill for a game player.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

hi guys quick intro here, have been following verious forums for a few years now mostly just collect( play ) for all things playstaion

living downunder

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello Guys & Gals I'm Timothy from Massachusetts. my first video game was Super Mario Bros. on NES in 1998. after that the pin connector soon failed and we got a SNES which introduced me to my favorite console of all time! I joined this website quite some time ago for the Retro Round Table rarity guides! My favorite game series is Metroid, but I find that being challenged by Gargoyles quest the past couple days! I Collect for most consoles NES and forward! I began collecting back in 2009 when I felt the urge to play some of my childhood favorites, and found myself unsatisfied with emulation! I also Run my own Gaming Page on FaceBook called "the Game Hub" if any of you would like to check it out you can find it through this link I go by Glacius~
    https://www.facebook.com/TheGameHub24
    Last edited by MartyrOfChaos; 10-13-2014 at 11:43 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hey!!

Hey! I'm new here - my name is "Mario-fan." My all-time favorite game is Super Mario All-Stars (yeah, I know that's cheating) - specifically the 16-bit remake of SMB 3. So good. My other all-time favorite game is Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for the Wii. That was my last great video game obsession - playing it for 10 hours straight til my eyes were totally bloodshot (Ha!). Fav video game composers...Tim Follin, Jonathan Dunn, Hiroki Kikuta, Koji Kondo. & some others too...like Naoki Kodaka, who wrote some amazing music for the NES. As far as collecting goes I'm mostly a Super Nintendo collector, tho not as much anymore as I used to be - I sold off a lot of my games for it, but I kept the good stuff. When I was an active collector I picked up a few gems along the way ...my most valuable games are Thracia 776 and Hagane (which I bought at a used game store for $4!!). In real life I work in a lab :\
    Not too exciting but it pays the bills...
    Ah, what else, oh yeah I ended up on the forum because I was looking to get into tape trading and collecting, mostly interested in collecting old Toonami stuff so if you know where I can get a hold of that stuff send me a PM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Introducing me!!!

Hello! My name is pruet1!! I am a huge fan of the old games like Atari 2600 NES SNES etc!! My favorite video game of all time is Bomberman Hero!! I love every bomberman game known to man lol! I am also a huge collector of rare old games!! And I also haven't own YouTube channel which you can see here! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCAS98sJvY5nVa5yfzNvRq9w

I hope to find some interesting gamers that can help me build my huge video game collection and make them smile with my YouTube videos!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default English Arcade fan.

Hi Everyone!

Just here saying 'Hello', and looking forward to contributing to some of the forums. Just a brief intro from me... I'm from England, and I've been a gamer since my parents bought me my first pong type TV Machine in the mid 70s. Then I graduated to Atari 2600, ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64/128, Amiga, MegaDrive (Genesis), SNES, and then found emulation back in 1992 and went back to the beginning!

I'm also a huge arcade fan, I still read about/play/watch arcade stuff everyday and can never get enough. The nostalgia 'pangs' get me everytime when I remember what a great and happy time that was to be alive - not a care, just sunshine and arcade games. Although we had some fantastic arcade machines here in the UK, I do envy a lot of you guys from the US, just watching back some of the old 80s arcade shows on youtube - I would have been in HEAVEN!

Because of my love of gaming, I actually pursued a career in games development which I still do today, but I'm firmly fixed in the classic era for my game playing. I'd really like to get involved in developing some emulation stuff at some point (artwise), but not sure what just yet.

Anyway, thanks for listening. Looking forward to chatting with you guys soon.
    Tolls.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello! I signed up because I've recently started collecting games for older consoles.
    My collection started at a convention back in May, where I got a Retro Duo and a small pile of NES and SNES games. Before then I had a small library of PS1 games but that's been growing even faster lately.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey there! I'm a huge classic gaming fan and a really big collector. I've been a gamer since I got an N64 for Christmas back in 1999 and I still have a soft spot for Nintendo. In fact, the parts of my collection that I'm most proud of are my Nintendo things. I have a complete 64DD collection and a complete American Virtual Boy collection. Right now I am focusing on expanding my Sega collection, particularly my Saturn stuff. I'm going to be completing my Atari Jaguar CD collection very soon as well. I am also on a never ending quest to acquire an American Apple Pippin game. I've never ever seen one for sale online or anywhere else but someday....someday I will find one!

Insert Coin (Level 0) retronintendonerd's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default A Wild Gamer Appears!

Hows it goin guys? I'm Candice, I'm new to the forum but not to gaming. I have been playing and collecting games since I first developed my motor skills and I don't plan on stopping any time soon. My collection varies from retro to new but I mainly focus on Nintendo consoles. Here's a link to most of my collection: http://imgur.com/a/JJwQT

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello! I'm John, and I'm a avid collector of Sega Genesis, Master System, and Sega CD stuff. While I'm new here, I've been a member of Sega-16 and SegaAge for years. Thanks in advance for saying hello!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys, I'm William and I just joined the forum.
    comment espionner un compte snapchat
    générateur de points fut 16
    camgirls videos
    télécharger album nekfeu

- Who you are : William
    - Where you live : France
    - How you found the forums : Google
    - What your favorite games are : Mario and a lot of masterpieces.
    - What systems you collect for : Nintendo
    - What you do in "real life" : Internet Marketer
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc. : No specific reason.
    Last edited by Vanity59; 05-09-2016 at 06:39 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) JoshDragon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey,

I'm JoshDragon. In terms of my online life, most people know me through my involvement with the gaming forum tournaments. I've hosted over 20 of them and have competed in about 40 or so.

I also create all of the artwork for my tournaments:

I started gaming when I was three years old (20 years ago) and have been going at it ever since. The first games I remember playing were Sonic the Hedgehog 2, TMNT 1, and Donkey Kong Country 1.
    Last edited by JoshDragon; 12-23-2014 at 01:14 PM.
    Check out my YouTube channel for retro gaming walkthroughs. https://www.youtube.com/user/JoshDragon18