Page 140 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New here !

How's it going my name is Jordan but you guys can call me Jo, I am 21 years old and I just recently got into retro gaming . I don't remember how I found this site but I'm glad I did ! I am from California, the systems I collect for are the Gameboy all versions, NES, Snes, Genesis, and the dreamcast. It's weird I didn't grow up with 8-bit or 16-bit systems because they came out when I was really young, I actually grew up with 32-bit and 128-bit systems ! The first system I ever got as gift was the sega saturn ! I don't have a job so I have alot of free time so I just game.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Name: Alex
    'Net Names: Usually some variant of Fatbot
    Job: Treasurer for a design firm
    Hobbies: Gaming, studying (in law school right now)
    My Collection (in order from least to most)

Neo Geo Pocket Color: 2
    Nintendo 3DS: 3 (not including the Ambassador games)
    Intellivision: 3
    Wii Virtual Console: 3
    Pioneer Laseractive: 3
    Atari 7800: 7
    Sega Game Gear: 13
    Nintendo e-reader (It's more of a pseudo-system, but it played its own games so I count it on its own): 14
    Nintendo Virtual Boy: 14 (have all the games released in the US)
    Sega Saturn: 28 (including my baby, Panzer Dragoon Saga)
    Sega Dreamcast: 29
    Nintendo Wii: 36
    Nintendo 64: 39
    Sony Playstation 3: 41
    Sony PSP: 42
    PC: over 100 but I have to catalog them fully; Steam made me lazy on updating my spreadsheet
    Nintendo Gamecube: 70
    Atari 2600: 76
    Sega Genesis: 78
    Super Nintendo: 88
    Nintendo DS: 82
    Game Boy Advance: 96
    NES: 175
    Xbox 360: 179
    Nintendo Game Boy & Game Boy Color: 209
    Xbox: 253
    Sony Playstation: 300
    Sony Playstation 2: 409

I have all of that, probably 150 strategy guides, several Sterilite containers full of various swag and memorabilia, and one of 50 signed Psychonauts prints. I'm a pretty big collector, though I'm interested to see what other people here have. Glad to know you all!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic

Minnesota, the land of trees and lakes plentiful
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New In This Space, Looking For SNES Information

Hi,

When my mother bought a new house, I went over to help move. I found my old SNES in the closet! It was buried under coats and old boots.

I got it home and set it up, but the a/c cord was frizzed. So I bought a new one online, picked up Super Mario World, and I was back into the old system.

The SNES was the system that (in my childhood) opened the door up for gaming. The NES proved enjoyable for hours, but seemed so limited. So this system brings back some great memories and still offers great gaming.

I don't have a lot of other collections, so I told my wife I was going to start collecting SNES games. At first I thought I'd grab any one dollar game I could find on eBay, and start stacking them up. But after a few "dud" games (Wings 2 and other Madden games), I decided it'd be better to collect complete games: the box, the instructions, and the cart.

So far I've picked up about 20, all on eBay and the local pawn store. I really enjoy searching for the games and spending time playing old classics, such as Desert, Jungle, and Urban Strike.

Any advice for a new SNES collector?

Minnesota, the land of trees and lakes plentiful
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Good Call

I'm with you. Halo? I don't know. But Castlevania? Now we're talking.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi i'm Josh ive been collecting since my grand mother gave me my uncle's genesis in june 2010 went to garage sales to find games found 2 nes systems ,2 rf things,1 nes ac adapter ,1 snes ac adapter, mario64, both nwc carts (just kidding), and a crap ton of games been for only $30 & collecting ever since now the rarest game i own is caveman games(what a fail its only a 4 on the sites 1-10 rarity thing)

Insert Coin (Level 0) rpgcollector1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi All

- Who you are
    I am Jeff Oconnell

- Where you live
    So. California

- How you found the forums
    Been going to the CGExpo from 2001 to last one, heard about this place there finally got off my a** and joined.

- What your favorite games are
    All RPG's and Homebrew's

- What systems you collect for
    Every system. I have over 4,000 games covering almost every system.

- What you do in "real life"
    Pricing Analyst/Data Manager

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    Been collecting from the age of 10 (now I'm 37).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Escaping to the freedom

Hello all, I'm on a bunch of forums already (all three of the "age" sites) thought I'd expand out a bit. I'm interested in most all older systems, i've been collecting about ten years now. lurking around upstate NY area. that is all...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hello humans...

My name is Kate, as you may have noticed from my user name. I'm 28, live in Denver, just got married last year, and am definitely not one of those women who make their husbands get rid of all their games...I buy more than he does! I've been gaming on and off since I was a kid, though most of my early years were PC gaming oriented - we didn't get a console until my parents bought us an N64 when I was between 6th and 7th grades.

Currently in our hardware collection are: NES, original Gameboy, Sega Genesis, N64, Gameboy Advance, Dreamcast, a modchipped PS1, 2 PS2's, XBox, Xbox360, Wii, 2 Nintendo DSes, and 2 PSPs.

I mainly collect Survival Horror games for all systems, even ones I don't yet own. Last count I had about 34, so not everything yet, but I do have most of them for PS2. We've got quite a few RPGs as well - I've become very fond of the Persona series lately, and classics like Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana are always fun. My husband likes a lot of FPS and action games (I can't really play too many things that spin around a lot - I tried to play Half-Life 2 but it made me motion sick two chapters in and I had to stop before I vomited). I also like platformers, and weirdo surreal games - Katamari Damacy for the WIN.

Aside from collecting, I work a day job in customer service that allows me to play games all day while I talk to morons on the phone. It's delightful. Anyway, I'm pleased to be here, hi!

Insert Coin (Level 0) TheKokiriChild's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey there, my name's Mitch. I'm 17 I recently got into the serious collecting of this retro game stuff and I am really enjoying it. Some of you may know me from NintendoAge as well. So, a bit about me...

I love and collect for every system and don't have any specific preference, but if I had to name my favorite system it would probably have to be the Nintendo 64.
    My all-time favorite games include the Zelda series and Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie.
    In real life, I go to a performing arts high school and hope to go to college for multimedia. I enjoy skiing, tennis and writing.

Anyway, I guess I'll see you guys on the forum!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    razeak
    PSN
    cayrazeak

Hi, my name is Scott and I'm 31. I started playing Super Mario Bros. at the babysitter's house when I was 5 and have loved it ever since. I'm working on a semi complete NES collection(U.S. Licensed and maybe the Tengen games).

I'm just the average guy with 2 kids, a car payment and a mortgage.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[Deleted]
    Last edited by nintendoclassic; 09-05-2023 at 11:37 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Let Me Introduce Myself

Hello everyone, my name is Gavin and I'm from Ohio. I'm 14 years old and have been collecting retro video games for the past 2 years.

The reason I decided to use these forms was because I wanted to talk to more people about retro games. At school there are only 2 people I know that like retro games and I don't have much time to talk to them.

My favorite games are:
    Super Mario Bros. Series
    Bioshock - Xbox 360
    Halo Series
    SSX 3 - Xbox
    Fusion Frenzy - Xbox
    Pokemon Series
    Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Xbox 360
    Sonic Adventure 2 Battle - Gamecube

The systems I collect are:
    Nes
    Snes
    Sega Genesis
    Nintendo 64
    Atari 2600
    Sega Master System
    TurboGrafx 16
    Sega Saturn
    There also may be a few more that I forgot
    (I do have more systems but I don't really collect that many games for them)

In real life I'm just an average Freshman in high school. I also do have a retro video game channel on YouTube and it's called oldschoolgamergavin.

I don't really remember how I started retro gaming but I do remember in the beginning I watched a lot of The Irate Gamer and AVGN, then finally I started collecting after a while.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Insert Coin (Level 0) SirPsycho's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good afternoon to all of you fine folks. I am your friendly neighborhood Psycho here and do I have some good stuff for you!

I am a 22 year old college student who likes to waste time by playing games and making videos when I'm able to. I just had a hardware failure so nothing really insane for the near future, sadly. My first game system was a SNES I got for Christmas in '94, a bit late yes. After that I moved onto CD gaming with the Playstation, I was too young to really have diehard brand loyalty to anybody yet. I moved onto the PS2 and currently have the PS360 setup. That's not counting some of my other systems though, like my recent Sega finds.

For money I fix systems for a locally owned video game store that carries everything from the Channel F, through the Jaguar, and all the way to our modern luxuries and beautiful hardware of the PS3 and Wii. Yes we have 360 too, but I said beautiful hardware in my previous independent clause.

Insert Coin (Level 0) JGD CHAOS's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Jeremiah and I've been working in the video game industry for 7 years. I live in North Hollywood and have attended the EVO Championship series a few times. I've also been to CGE which is a great place to buy games.

I found the forums through another collector. Learned a lot about prototypes and other gems.

My favorite games lately have been Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Lufia 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and a bunch of classic NES games in between. I own almost every console, a arcade machine, and other stuff.

I collect Ninja Gaiden releases for any system. Merchandise too.

Trying to get a Ninja Gaiden JAMMA with a Marquee, OG Sticks, and Bezel right now. Looking for other people who also happen to collect crazy rare stuff.

I've found some good NES game lots at Swap Meets and Thrift Stores when I started. Don't know how it is now but you might want to check it out when you have time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0334-9448-1345

- Who you are

My name is Zachary

- Where you live

Queens, NY

- How you found the forums

I honestly can't recall, but I've been familiar with your website for a while now, and I've been to the last two NAVA meetings.

- What your favorite games are

I've been a long-time fan of the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise, even if it is an empty shell of what is was. I also enjoy Nintendo games, especially from the N64 era.

- What systems you collect for

Basically anything, but I'm mainly interested in SEGA consoles.

- What you do in "real life"

Not much. I'm a sophomore in high school.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Kabrelle
    PSN
    Kabrelle

Hi, I'm Kabrelle, though I also go by Seby online, I'm from North America and found this place after researching into physical repro's of Starfox 2. I am 20 as of this posting, and I don't collect for a single system more than I collect for video game series. My favorite game series are Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Pok'emon, Sonic the Hedgehog, and my all time favorite, Starfox. Starfox is the main series I collect for, as I have a ton of merchandise, all the games, and even go as far as owning my own site and having actually interviewed some of the voice actors of the series. Even though the newer games of some of those franchises seem to be subpar, I still remain loyal to them, probably due to nostalgia. I find a lot of games today to be really unappealing so I often resort to playing my old N64, though I'll admit to liking the newer Fallout games. I don't do to much in real life other working towards becoming a writer and studying web design on my spare time. I hope that's enough about myself to stand for a decent introduction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi ladies and gentlemen,

My name is Nick, I'm 27, and I'm from Canada, where I'm a high school science teacher. I grew up with game consoles like the NES and the SNES, and kind of got away from gaming when I was in university as I didn't have a lot of time. When I graduated, I got back into playing my old systems, particularly the SNES. Therefore, I started buying games again for it at flea markets, on eBay, and at pawn shops. I really only buy games for the SNES, and I buy them to play. My favourite games for that console include Rock N Roll Racing, Chrono Trigger, and Yoshi's Island.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,my name is Aaron.I am 31 years old and am from Indiana.
    Currently,I am taking classes to land a spot in either journalism or computer graphic design.
    While I have played games since the early 80`s,I became an avid player at age 8,which was when I got an NES for Christmas.
    The systems I currently own:
    PlayStation 3
    Wii
    Nintendo DS
    PSP
    PlayStation 2
    Game Boy Advance
    Game Boy Color
    GameCube
    Super NES
    Sega Genesis
    Game Gear
    Game Boy
    NES
    PlayStation
    Nintendo 64

My favorite games(to name a few)
    UFC Undisputed 3
    Sonic Colors
    WWE`12
    Power Rangers Samurai(no,I`m not kidding)
    Ninja Warriors
    Namco Museum Battle Collection
    Marvel Vs Capcom 3
    Sonic`s Ultimate Genesis Collection
    Epic Mickey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, Sloan here. I am a gamer from way back and enjoy all the classics.

My collection:

VCS
    Intellivision
    Microvision
    Colecovision
    NES
    Master System
    Action Max
    Genesis
    Gameboy
    Gameboy Color
    SNES
    Sega CD
    32X
    Saturn
    PSX
    Jaguar
    N64
    Dreamcast
    Gamecube
    Xbox
    PS2
    Gamewave

My favorite games:

Galaga
    I, Robot
    Darius Arcade (three screen wide cabinet)
    Make Trax
    Gaplus
    Arkanoid
    Ridge Racer
    Donkey Kong Country
    Michael Jordan, Chaos in the Windy City
    Jet Moto
    Vectorman
    VCS Donkey Kong
    Space Dungeon
    Tapper
    Qix
    Battlezone Arcade
    Bega's Battle
    Last edited by sloan; 02-28-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Real (Real Name) 32 years of age from montreal quebec canada.

I collect games, at the present time my collection is at roughly 1300 games from just about every system whatever i can find,collect systems 37 (why is it so damn hard to get a top loader nes with box for a reasonable price grr).

Im Trying desperately to complete my n64 collection maybe one day.

im also a movie collector mostly horror almost 1500 dvd's 200 vhs and 12 bluerays.

Found this place looking for collector price guides.

Favorite games genesis ghostbusters,streets of rage series, nes mega man collection,punch out, snes zelda link to the past,megaman x. could name some from every system but that will do pig.