Page 108 of 164 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I'm Billy Smith, but I'm better known on the interwebs as Dr. Gonzo. I hail from Annapolis, MD, and I kneel only at the altar of Shigeru Miyamoto. :P I've been gaming since I was 4 years old on my cousin's NES, and now I've actually got myself a job (sort of) as a gaming article writer at thatguywiththeglasses.com

I probably take video games a lot more seriously than I should, as i tend to actually study games in the same way one would study a piece of literature or a Da Vinci painting. My hope one day is to actually write a couple of academic books on the merit and value of Video gaming.

I own 17 game systems, and the game library grows everyday!

My top 5 Games:
    Mario Bros. 3
    Super Metroid
    Doom
    Zelda: A Link to the Past
    Final Fantasy VI
    I calculated the odds of this succeeding vs. the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ben.

Prototype Hunter...
    XXXXXXXX, the Bernie Madoff of the classic gaming community.
    Thanks to my good friend's Dennis and Mr. Gary Shandling for vouching for me.

Insert Coin (Level 0) NESGamer24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress View Post
    Welcome to the forums!

This is a big place and it's sometimes easy to get lost in the crowd, but we really do want to know about you. This thread will serve as a "who's who" reference for the future so make your presence known!

Tell us any or all of the following:
    - Who you are
    - Where you live
    - How you found the forums
    - What your favorite games are
    - What systems you collect for
    - What you do in "real life"
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

NOTE: posts here that are NOT introductions will be removed, so if you want to say hello to someone, start a new topic to do so.

Let us begin.
    Hey Everyone,

Names Rob I live in South Jersey. Found the forums by seeing the AVGN post about being at the store last summer. (Not recently, remember seeing his event on his MySpace last summer, just took this long to make the trip up to the store) Made my first trip to the store this past weekend. I must say it is by far the greatest store I've been to. I have a bunch of systems but really collect for NES. In real life I work for a software company. Nothing much interesting with my life. I'm still into NES a couple decades later and enjoy playing it over other systems.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Shaq-Funaki's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everybody! Just found this site while looking for old-school games.

This is what I have:

-PS2
    -Gamecube
    -N64
    -SNES
    -NES

Thanks for reading

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Delurking

Been lurking for a while, decided to join up.
    I have these systems.
    -PS2
    -NES
    -Colecovision
    -Atari 2600
    -SNES

I play my NES and 2600 the most. I used to collect classic games hardcore got rid of 90% of my stuff about 5 yrs ago. Recently started picking stuff up again. Never going back to when I had 20+ systems though. I'm gonna pick up a Genesis and N64 soon enough but I still have a ton of games on NES to beat.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi People

Hi this is MacGuffin here, I have still have Playstation 2, will be buying a a new system soon, but will always have an interest in classic gaming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all,
    I am into classic gaming and collect genesis/cd/32x, snes, saturn, dreamcast, and ps1 so far. I also have a neo geo mvs and sega stv but have yet to build my supergun. I look forward to chatting with all of you!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I'm MattK. Long time reader of the main site, first time poster. The mrs and I recently decided that it was time to start building a joint games collection, as our individual collections have been a bit ravaged over the years by family, moving house, etc. so we're basically just looking for the stuff we want in nice, neat condition.

As for the real world, I live in Australia, I'm a freelance writer that focuses entirely on gaming. I write a couple of opinion pieces and reviews each week for one of the larger ISP-run gaming sites down here. I'm 25 and engaged to a lovely lady who is also very much into gaming. Between us we own every majorly successful console since the NES, with just under 1,000 games total. According to our little list, we have about 1,400 games we're tracking down to add to that collection, or replace items that aren't up to our standards, so I reckon it's going to be a life-long quest.

Insert Coin (Level 0) 123►Genei-Jin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh well, I'm not really into introduction threads but here it goes:

I'm from Costa Rica and I've been collecting stuff from time to time, not really an avid collector but mostly collecting games I really liked back in the day or games/systems I/my parents couldn't afford back then. I currently have:

Atari 2600 (broken )

Sega:
    Master System
    Genesis
    [JVC] X'eye
    Japanese Saturn
    Japanese Dreamcast

Nintendo:
    NES
    [Sharp] Twin FamiCom

NEC:
    Super Grafx
    Core Grafx 2
    Super CD-ROM

Sony:
    PS1 (broken)
    Fat PS2
    Slim Limited edition (white)
    Launch 60GB PS3

M$:
    Xbox 360 (jasper)

I'm willing to start collecting Neo-Geo MVS carts (can't really justify AES prices)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all,

this is Simone from Italy. I'm a C64 and Amiga and - of course - videogames lover

My love for videogames was born when, as a child, I first looked at those shiny things that the C64 moved across the screen. Since then, to me computers have been like canvas for painters... I ended up creating several videogames and also lots of other weird stuff - from developer libraries to virtual machines. The last projects I have been working on are a retro-flavoured game I just published for AmigaOS 4 and Windows and a crazy game for C64 (which is near to completion, but I can't tell when I'll ever find the time to finish it).
    Besides the computers mentioned, I also had the chance to appreciate a few titles produced for the NES, Master System, GameBoy(s), SNES, Neo Geo, etc.
    I must admit I have not played tons of games in my life... but only because I like creating them more!

For the very curious ones, something more about me can be found on my personal website: http://saimobvq.interfree.it/saimo/index.html.

saimo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey I'm Ajax. Apparently I have been on here before, but I don't remember. So I am doing a new introduction.

My systems

Atari 2600
    Intellivision
    Coleco vision
    Nes
    Snes
    tourbo grafX 16
    3DO
    Sega master system
    Genesis (both additions)
    32X
    Sega CD
    Dreamcast
    Playstation
    nintendo 64
    PS2
    Xbox
    Camecube
    Xbox 360

I have doubles of most of them. Anyways ... Hi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    shanec86

Hey im shane. Im from Victoria, Australia.
    I have always loved playing with electronics/computers/videogames etc. But only recently have decided to increase the collection somewhat.

I currently have:

Sega Master system 2
    Sega Megadrive 2
    NES
    SNES
    Nintendo 64
    Playstation 1
    Playstation 2
    Playstation 3
    Nintendo DS
    NDS Lite
    Gameboy Pocket
    Wii
    (and a lot of PC's)

I hope to add to my collection soon with Mega CD, 32x Attachment, Nintendo64 and lots more games as i know a few people with these

about 6ish years ago i had an Atari 2600 jnr, 3x Commodore 64's, and a fully boxed Spectravideo SVI-738 MSX with a ton of options/peripherals.
    I sold those and a few other computer bits for a measly $140AUD

And now i hate myself for it lol

thanks guys
    Last edited by shanec86; 04-23-2009 at 04:43 AM. Reason: added a few more consoles :)

Insert Coin (Level 0) PacmanPlush's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, my name is PacmanPlush.

I'm 25 years old, though some accuse me of having been born yesterday. I was in fact born today, by which I mean 25 years ago today.

My favourite game is Bionic Commando.

I am anxiously awaiting the next-gen Bionic Commando.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Jon,

Current systems:

PS3 (60GB)
    SNES
    NES (Boxed)
    N64
    Wii
    DS Lite (Gold Zelda)
    Game Boy Advance

183 games total.

I'm a major Dr. Mario fanatic, I've scored 1 million more than 15 times, with a high score of 1.5 million. Right now playing Forza 2 and Fable II. I got my first 360 in Jan 06 so I was lucky enough to get the "Ultimate Jman" gamertag.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Newish Here...

Hey all,
    Your standard introduction...
    Me:
    I'm a herpetologist that likes to work with varanids, crocodilians, vipers, and elapids. As a a wildlife biologist though, I also like most critters. Lately I have been working for a wildlife documentary production in Thailand. I took some time out to travel around and climb a bit, and now I'm back in the US for a while. I'd like to unload a big chunk of my collection (mostly doubles and stuff I'll never play again) here and on other sites before I go back to the jungles. When that's all petered out its back to ebay 'sigh'.
    My collection:
    3DO
    Atari 2600 / 7800 / 5200 / XE
    NEC TG16 / PCE / TGCD / PCECD / TGSCD / PCESCD / ACD
    N64
    GB / GBA / DS
    NES / FC / FCDisk
    SNES / SFC
    Virtual Boy
    Sega DC
    Sega GG
    Sega Genesis / MD / SegaCD / MegaCD / 32X
    Sega MS
    Sega Saturn
    PSX
    NeoCD
    and some random stuff like the ActionMax, Game.com, Pong systems, CD-i, FM Marty Towns II, PCFX...maybe that's it.
    Saturn and TG16 / PCE are my favorite systems though I rarely play either anymore.
    My favorite series of games are the Contras and Castlevanias, though the latter seem a little uninspired as of late. i used to love jrpgs as a kid (dragon warrior, phantasy star, etc.) but I have no desire to play them any more but dig a good arpg once in a while (like princess crown). When I can post it, you should buy my stuff. Here's a pic of one of my favorite snakes, the Central American Eyelash Viper, Bothriechis schlegelii , which I found near the Panamanian border of Costa Rica. Enjoy.
    Thanks,
    Alex

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Brad and I discovered the site and store through my buddy. I am 28 and received a NES for my 6th birthday along with Mach Rider and Pro Wrestling. I stayed seriously into gaming since with:

SNES
    N64
    PS1
    PS2
    Various GameBoys
    DS
    Virtual Boy
    Turbo Duo
    Wii

My favorite systems are by far the Wii, DS, and SNES. I am in the process of organizing my collection so I can pare it down to be a little more manageable (yes, that is probably sacreligious here :-) To that end, I dumped a Sega Tower and a bunch of loose Genesis, Game Gear, SNES, and N64 games at DP earlier this month.

I am interested in collecting CIB KOEI for SNES games ATM and am trying to resurrect my Duo (the cables and controllers are somewhere at my parents' house).

thanks,
    Brad

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all.

Been lurking here for a time, finally decided to join.

I run mostly Nintendo, with everything from NES up to Wii [minus Virtual Boy], broken only by my Sega Genesis.

I'm not too much of a collector per se, preferring to mainly stick to games that are just fun, as opposed to trying to get a complete collection. However, there are a few oddball titles I want [Master Chu and the Drunkard Hu comes to mind, simply because of the title].

Anyway, I'm an Engineering student IRL, so I'm pretty interested in the hardware behind the gameplay.

Hope to have a good time here.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone, im Wes from Memphis, TN

I collect classic consoles, TI Calculators, MB Board Games, and someday hope to build a complete mini museum.
    Heres my collection so far in pictures, though my newer consoles and some recent additions arent in the picture set yet. I update my collection every month or so
    http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...xT3D/Consoles/

I got into collecting classic consoles in 1999 purchasing loose consoles, but in the recent years ive made strides to have boxes, paperwork, and the necessary pieces to make the console a complete vintage memory.

A couple favs
    Fav Handheld - Atari Lynx - Electrocop
    Fav NES Game - Faxanadu, Boulder Dash
    Fav Overall Console - 3DO
    Cartridge or CD? CD.
    Fav SegaCD Game - Dracula Unleashed, Theme Park
    Best Console Power-ON Intro - CD32 (music reminds me of the old OLD HBO bumper)
    Fav C64 Game - Gianna Sisters
    Fav TI Calculator and Game - TI-82 - Joltima
    Last edited by Torx; 05-03-2009 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello I'm Ryan from the online classic gaming store StoneAgeGamer.com. I love classic gaming and this looks like a great forum.
    Stone Age Gamer®
    Gaming De-evolved.™
    www.stoneagegamer.com

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj