Page 106 of 164 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- My name is Ben B
    - I'm from Minneapolis, MN
    - heard on some other games site post that DP was the place to go for retro gaming
    - My favorite games are Super dodgeball, super metroid, pretty much all the zelda games, turtles in time, Contra, Mega man X and i know i lot of people are gonna hate on me for this but i can't deny world of warcraft ( char:chemdawg, server: winterhoof)
    - the systems i collect for are mostly nintendo one's,mostly NES and SNES i really grew up on nintendo, loved sega too but nintendo just seemed to always hold a special place in my heart (lame i know lol)
    - I'm a college student majoring in Human services
    - Grew up on games, was a gamer until i got to highschool and learned about the wonders of drugs and sex and kinda just forgot about games, but as of recently when i was moving i found all my old games in some boxes remembered all the good and bad times i had playin these games, poped in a few games and fell in love with them again. i collect these games now to play them, not just to collect them, cause thats how this started. My collection didnt start as a collection, i just loved to play games, i quit for a while and come back to find i have a pretty decent collection in the making and didnt even know it. so im a noob to this retro game collecting, but noob with a pretty good start atleast.

Insert Coin (Level 0) parallelprophet's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    NME_Prophet

Hello!

My name parallelprophet comes from the parallel processor in the Neo Geo.

I am from TN and am in I.T. work.
    First system owned: Atari 5200
    Systems owned: 20
    Newest Systems: PS3, Wii, PSP, DS
    Fave System: DREAMCAST (followed by SNES and NEO GEO)
    Fave Game Series: Metal Gear Solid, Street Fighter, Mario, Zelda
    Fave Genre: FIGHTING (followed by platformer and action)
    Currently Playing: SF IV, MGS4, Prince of Persia, SFII , Metal Slug 7, MK vs DC Universe.
    Other hobbies: Guns, hunting, fishing...oh and did I say guns?

Look forward to meeting everyone...!
    Last edited by parallelprophet; 02-27-2009 at 11:41 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Typhoon_Timmy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im Typhoon Timmy from Corpus Christi, Tx found Digitpress through my boss who runs Play Again Classic Video Games.

I love alllll kinds of games, but fighting games are my favorite. Street Fighter and the lot are some of my faves, but I also like tons of oddball games. I collect games that I think are fun (best kind) and Saint Seiya and Castlevania games. Working on a complete Castlevania (need the amiga version soooo bad)

So thats me, running a game store and just joining the forums here.

Helllllo everyone.

Insert Coin (Level 0) ~日本~Densha~'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Name: Phil
    Job: journalist/musician
    Hobbys: Games (mostly classic gaming but also nexgen)
    Japan (Games,Girls,Movies,Music,Language,Anime,Food..eve rything)
    Music (Jrock,VisualKei,Jpop,Cpop,Kpop,Krock,Classic,Rock ,Progressive
    Rock/Metal,OST Music..etc)
    Guitar and Piano (Guitar for over 8 years now)
    Watching Movies
    Writing (Short Stories, Reviews (job),Lyrics,Poems)
    Drawing (Mostly Anime influenced style)

Fav. Musicians: One Ok Rock,Heidi.,Versailles,Bump of Chicken,Akira
    Yamaoka,Joe Hisaishi,Dear Cloud,Clazziquai,My Aunt Mary,NELL, Angela Aki,Yui,Wang Lee Hom,B'z,Kagrra,Ayaka Hirahara,
    Alice Nine.,Ikimono Gakari,No Regret Life,William Fitzsimmons,​
    Coldplay,Jon McLaughlin,LOS​T IN TIME,Reamo​nn..etc

Fav. Movies: Chinese Ghost Story,Butterfly Effect,My Sassy Girl,Silent Hill,BraveHe​art,Lump Sugar,Parasi​te Eve,Heavenly​ Forest,Kabhi​ Alvida naa Kehna,Hum Tum,Kal Ho naa Ho,Hana-Bi,C​asshern,Yeon​riji (Now and Forever),Jac​kie Chan Movies,Weddi​ng Crasher,V for Vendeta,Tita​nic,All Ben Stiller Movies,Metad​e Fumaca,Harry​ Potter, Pirates of the Caribbian,Fa​ntastic Four,The Mummy and the Mummy Returns,Dawn of the Dead (1978),I am Legend,Unbreakable, Benjamin Button,Forgetting Sarah Marshall,Dragon the Story of Bruce Lee,kikujiros summer,Udon,Tenshi no tamago,Sono toki wa kare ni yoroshiku,Gachi Boy..etc

Fav. TV Shows: Taiyo no Uta,Tatta Hitotsu no Koi,Sekai no Chuushin de,Densha Otoko,I am Sorry but I love, A love to kill,Friends​,Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi,Detriot Metal City,Two and a Half Men,Scrubs,M​onk,Supernat​ural,Hercule​s,Lost,That 70's Show,Grey's Anatomie, Ugly Betty,Dawson​s Creek,King of Queens,Angel​,Buffy,Coupl​ing,Ghost Whisperer,De​sperate Housewifes,H​eroes,How I met your Mother..etc

Fav. Food:
    Japanese, Korean, Indian and Italian.

Console own: 25
    First Console: Game Gear
    First Computer: Commodore 64
    First Games: Wonderboy,Sonic,Ninja Gaiden
    Fav. Consoles: Famicom,Mega Drive,Dreamcast,Pc-Engine,PS2,Saturn.
    Fav. Genres: Japanese Rpg's,Survival Horror,Point and Click Adventure, Action Adventure,Shmups,Beat em Ups.
    Fav. Series: Tales of... (Symphonia,Abyss...etc),Biohazard,Silent Hill,Castlevania,Falcom Games (Ys..etc).
    Collect: Mostly Famicom,Mega Drive (jap),Pc-Engine,Densha de Go Games and Sumo Games.
    Most Wanted: MSX,SEGA MARK III, NEO GEO AES,SHARP X68000,360°,DS.

Now at the moment I am writing for a music magazin called SKUG. Beside that my main goal is to work on my music career. And over all that my BIGGEST goal is the go to Japan and form a rock band there
    Japan means so much to me. I grew up with this hole culture. All I was mostly interested about since I was a little boy was Japan or has to do with it.
    I feel more connected with Japan as with my own country. It is hard to explain it to someone who don't know how I feel about it. So this is my big BIG GOAL. Now I start to learn japanese. I am just at the begining but there is allways a start, right?

So thats me. ^_____________^
    So HI TO EVERYONE~
    Last edited by ~日本~Densha~; 03-04-2009 at 03:07 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) JackElam'sEyes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    KingDiamond904

Just thought I'd introduce myself.

My name is Kyle
    I'm 19
    I'm from Maine
    I'm temporarily working at a group home in south coast Mass
    In the process of going to school for film production

Interests:
    Video games: I grew up playing Atari and NES but I enjoy playing everything up to the 360.
    I'm currently collecting NES, Dreamcast, Gamecube, and 32x but will pick up anything that looks good.
    Favorite games: Guardian Legend, Nightshade, Mega Man 6, and Dead Space just to name a few...

I'm a huge film nut that has a pathetic passion for trash cinema. My preferred areas of film are westerns(American & Italian), giallos, Tromaesque trash, and Japanese Yakuza & samurai flicks...

My favorite actors are Buster Keaton, Klaus Kinski, John Wayne, John Saxon,
    Lee Marvin, Jack Elam, and Walter Brennen.
    I play guitar mostly but I dabble in few other instruments occasionally.
    I listen to everything but lean towards NWOBHM, Death, and black metal.
    Favorite bands are King Diamond, Accept, Sigh, and Morbid Angel

I'm excited to join this friendly little community of game enthusiasts and would also love to talk to anyone who also enjoys some of my mentioned interests.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Quote Originally Posted by JackElam'sEyes View Post

My name is Kyle
    I'm 19
    I'm from Maine

Interests:
    Video games: I grew up playing Atari and NES but I enjoy playing everything up to the 360.
    I'm currently collecting NES, Dreamcast, Gamecube, and 32x but will pick up anything that looks good.
    Favorite games: Guardian Legend, Nightshade, Mega Man 6, and Dead Space just to name a few...

I'm a huge film nut that has a pathetic passion for trash cinema. My preferred areas of film are westerns(American & Italian), giallos, Tromaesque trash, and Japanese Yakuza & samurai flicks...

I'm excited to join this friendly little community of game enthusiasts and would also love to talk to anyone who also enjoys some of my mentioned interests.

Hello man! My best friend lives on Kings mountin! your a lot younger than me so you prob. wouldn't know him, but welcome to the community! Well he is into death metal so maybe you do, Dominic Nuavo ring a bell?

Either way man, welcome! Good to see another Mainer here...

Insert Coin (Level 0) JackElam'sEyes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    KingDiamond904

Ha, I live only a few minutes from there. My grandfather lives right on Swetts pond near there. The name unfortunately doesn't seem to ring any bells but I can't say I know really anyone who lives in that part. I didn't even realize there were other death metal fans in Orrington...we are few and far between within the woods of Maine. Since you're from Newport you know of any local metal groups in ME?( the doom band Ocean and a few BM groups are the only one that comes to mind right now) The Bangor area is smothered with hardcore and that just doesn't tickle my god damn fancy one bit. Thanks for the welcoming!

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JackElam'sEyes View Post

My name is Kyle
    I'm 19
    I'm from Maine

Interests:

I echo The Shawn's welcome, Jackelam. It seems that you managed to get all the New England metalheads out of the wood works tonight.
    Tradegamesnow and GameTZ feedback.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello All

Hello everybody, new to the digitpress world. My name is Ty ,i am 28 years old and i am from the great and cold state of Wisconsin. Well a lil about me, I am a college grad as of today , On the side from my regular job I am a game collector. I've been doing it for about a year now searching primarily for NES games, and i must say it is an addiction thats hard to kick. I am also on nintendoage.com My name on there is also gamecollectman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Let's see. I'm Lorrie from South Texas, found the forums through a ton of aimless clicking about. My favorite game, despite its being panned by virtually everyone, is Quest 64. I'm not that hardcore a collector, but I'd say, Atari 2600, SNES and NES and my favorite, N64. I'm a student in real life, planning on doing something with animation in the future. Known as the video game guru in my family. I began playing video games when I was a wee little one, playing the levels my older brother had already unlocked, and 12 years later, the tables have turned!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey,

I'm Obesolete from Toronto Canada.

I've been collecting for most of my life, but never started taking it seriously until i ran into my now almost husband again after years so not seeing each other since highschool.

Together we've been collecting mainly nes and snes carts with a total of 150+ nes carts and 80 some-odd snes carts and consider them our pride and joy.
    We also have several hundreds of gameboy/DS/SP/ps1/2/3/cube/dreamcast/xbox games scattered among the house/in our parents basements.

our second bedroom has become a shrine to classic gaming and also my workshop for my Etsy store Closet Monsters where i sell custom plushies.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- PFP
    - Upstate NY b/t Syracuse and Buffalo
    - Referred here from CAG to get some questions answered about a collection I bought
    - the Mario Kart games, Symphony of the Night
    - I collect classics and personal favorites for PS1, PS2, SNES, N64, GC
    - I run an game store on eBay (I also have a day job doing tech support, but the game store is the main biz)
    - Not too much, the store pretty much eats most of my free time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JanLazer

Default Greetings, all!

Greetings, all!

Name is Keith, aka Jan Lazer. I'm a 26 year old father of one boy and one to-be-girl(July 14, expected) from Leduc, Alberta, Canada. I've been playing video games since I was 2 years old...Started off on the Atari 2600(which I still have) and the Commodore Vic 20/64(also still have).

My favorite game of all time has to be Wonder Boy in Monster Land for the Sega Master System(which is also my favorite system). I'm currently in the process of finishing an entire US release collection for the system and am only about 10 games short(pending a deal I'm in the process of making). After that is finished, I'm planning on doing the same for all Sega systems, as I possess every one of them except for the Saturn.

My drive to collect games is not just for my own personal pride/amusement, but also so I have something to pass down to my children, as I know for a fact they will remember their father as that 'crazy gaming, hair metal listening idiot'.lol.

Insert Coin (Level 0) itsbillyjoe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Arrow ok

yup, name is Billy Joe. believe it or not, i got the name from the late johnny cash.
    no, johnny is not my dad. my dad met cash before i was born in a bar in wash. dc.
    they were playing guitars together, when johnny asked my dad if he had any kids.
    dad replied, a couple daughters. johnny said no son?, dad said nope. johnny said,
    well if you ever have one, name him Billy Joe.
    its all my dads ever called me since.

what do i do:
    dad taught me the guitar, now i write and sing and tour some.
    i do security work when im not on the road.
    married with 3 boys, and i have 2 daughters from x.
    i love to hunt and fish and shoot archery.
    when i was younger i street raced alot, spent the money i won
    on the cars i had, which were: 1970 nova, 1969 nova, 1967 nova
    1969 camaro, 1972 ss nova, 1967 chevelle. yes i do like fords and
    dodges and all cars, but i dont race anymore, so i have none.
    but i would like a couple back and a hemi cuda.

i have spent countless hours gaming. i guess you can say i started on
    atari pong years ago, was first video game i played.
    but i love to race, and i am boss at grand turismo (hope i spelled it right)
    24 hour le mans (dreamcast), i play ace combat, played all series.
    resident evil, all of em'. yup even mario. ive played alot of games.
    now i play alot on the net at pogo.com, i play pogo bowl. i must be
    getting old. but im pretty good at it. and i play on full tilt poker.

well thats me, not much, but still kick'in. 48, feel'in gr8 - well so far.........

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I'm angelo from belgium.

I'm nearing 30s, and am salesman.

I have been collecting only recently, and my main collected items
    are a still-packed copy of amstrad's Terrorpods, and Dragon for the jaguar.

I have found this forum through a link on lostlevels.
    My main ambition is to own a real prototype game that differs of the released version.

I write some articles for http://retrotrivia.net since short, but not much is up
    there yet.
    Last edited by bananajohn; 03-14-2009 at 04:49 PM. Reason: typo

Insert Coin (Level 0) adam_devry's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool Hi gamers

My name is adam I work for a theme park call usf. I rember playing space invaders on the 2600 with my dad and then he got me my first nintendo with mairo and donkey kong classics.The best game to me is ghost and goblins one of the hardiest game for the nes. I am collecting for every system but I kinda have this thing for mickey mouse games. I have to have them all the most. I found this site in a video collectors magazine

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, my name is Andy and im 30 years old. I come from a small town near Peterborough, UK.

I dont really have a favorite genre of game. Im not too keen on flight sims etc.

I have a medium collection of machines at home. List here.
    My favorite machine is the Amstrad CPC6128, closely followed by the BBC Model B

For a job, im a infrastructure analyst. I look after Linux and Windows servers as well as the LAN/WAN etc...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all,

One of those younger members around here, glad to be in a community of help and friendliness =)

A bit about me

My name is Jonathan, almost 15 years
    From Australia
    I play a variety of consoles including ps2, n64, snes, and pc
    Favourite game at the moment would have to be Need For Speed Undercover for PC or Soul Calibur for DC

See you guys around!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default retrobenj

hey im benji im 22 from england southwest always wanted a collection and have recently just started some items i have required master system plus boxed complete, binatone tv master plus some games. Love hunting for bargains and playing games. Back to the future and ghostbusters are my fave films and favourite games are simon the sorceror, terminator 2 c64 and shenmue.

current generation just doesnt tickle my fancy...

Benj

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

Howdy all,
    Name's Marlow' I'm from Texas
    long time addict first time poster. I was pretty big into games back in the late 80's early 90's then my mom made me sell all my systems and games to finance a computer since it could play games and do school work. I picked the habit back up in the late 90's with a PSX and an N64 and have been back ever since, mostly on the 360 nowadays, I have always been a die hard shooter fan.

I recently got the bug to reaccquire some of my lost childhood and picked up another Genesis to go with the games and SNES I bought off my brother a few years ago and am in the process of getting that all set up, still looking for a reasonably priced TG16 (while I lived through the NES era, I always had a soft spot for the 16 bit machines moreso) I found this site while perusing the net.
    I'm currently about to be a first time father just in time to convert another to the cause. In my daily life I'm an insurance adjuster and husband with a game widow for a wife