Page 137 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0) BnGamesReviews's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Kenji_Matsuo

Hi Everyone,

Im new here, I kinda stumbled across this forum through a google search.

- Who you are

I am the Owner/Editor of BN-Games.com. We do Modern and Classic stuff, though my primary focus is on an ongoing "Classic Capture" video series. Unlike many "Let's Play" types of vids or flat out reviews me and the guys who work on the site as well do mini podcast format audio over gameplay we capture and edit etc. I know there are tons of people out there trying to do the same thing on some level and I hope that we stand out a bit in the style and format. My goal is to record a video for every game in my collection which at this point is going to take years the way things are going lol. If any one is interested the series is up on you youtube channel here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/BNGamesReviews

or the official listing page with links on the site here:

http://bngames.basicallynothing.com/?page_id=2489

- Where you live

East Los Angeles, CA

- How you found the forums

Google search for Classic Game Forums

- What your favorite games are

Im an unappologetic fan of FF7, it is my favorite game of all time and I have an entire disertation on why it is that I wrote up here: http://bngames.basicallynothing.com/?p=1451

Otherwise, there are way to many list. I would need to list top 5's on a per console basis at this point.

- What systems you collect for

Primarily I collect for the SNES, PS1, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast at the moment. I buy what I can for my other consoles, but these four easily contain my favorite libraries.

- What you do in "real life"

Software QA/Support for a Database Application, IT Consult on the side.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

I also am an avid guitarist (yet again linking to my page) I like to play to game music and try to teach others the basic melodies of some classics like this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL77E2083A0EC48194

Insert Coin (Level 0) SteveSpeeze's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    hu6800

I found this site in 2002... couldnt remember my original account info so i had to make a new one. Ive greg from multimedia 1.0 back in late 90's i believe.
    got into 2 horrible accidents that took a few years to recover from.
    I still have most of my game stuff , but lately ive been sorting through it to see what can go. I usually have alot of pcengine , saturn, nes , snes, sega, cdi-magnavox , 3DO and i even came across a new old stock sega master system and games.. i opened it to test it (base set with cart and contr)
    anyways .. good to see this site still up and strong.
    last memory i have of it , i snap shotted and video'd a bunch of pcengine carts and cds for the sites database. I think the moderator bought some cordless atari controllers and a complete boxed atari 2600 from me as well.

Insert Coin (Level 0) SteveSpeeze's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    hu6800

I found this site in 2002... couldnt remember my original account info so i had to make a new one. Ive greg from multimedia 1.0 back in late 90's i believe.
    got into 2 horrible accidents that took a few years to recover from.
    I still have most of my game stuff , but lately ive been sorting through it to see what can go. I usually have alot of pcengine , saturn, nes , snes, sega, cdi-magnavox , 3DO and i even came across a new old stock sega master system and games.. i opened it to test it (base set with cart and contr)
    anyways .. good to see this site still up and strong.
    last memory i have of it , i snap shotted and video'd a bunch of pcengine carts and cds for the sites database. I think the moderator bought some cordless atari controllers and a complete boxed atari 2600 from me as well.
    I game in connecticut, I play mini golf games on xbox and carnival games for wii.
    Have a warcraft account i made back in 2004 been playin ever since on and off.
    I buy older systems still just to give them a decent home lol, some people just dont value those the same .

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I guess I might as well as introduce myself.

After lurking here for a short while I decided to bite the bullet and register myself
    Hailing in from Belgium, I'm a retro-gaming addict that's still stuck in the 8 & 16-bits era, when games were fun and simple!

Been out of the gaming circuit for a while (ever since the Genesis came to an end) never making the jump to all those newfangled 3D things but ever since getting a GPH Caanoo I've been hitting the emulation scene and getting hooked on all those old wonders

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Double

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    vertigoprocess

Hellooooo

I am Vertigo or VP for short, I live in burning hot hell south florida where my biggest enemy is the sun and I have daily battles with it to prevent it from yellowing my lovely systems.

I was looking for a forum for classic gaming and what nots and you guys just kinda came up.

Although I do collect games I've always been more into collecting the systems themselves and other hardware. My current goal is to own every variation of 2600 (i'm up to 8 of them). I do like to collect SNES carts more then any other though and my NES carts seem to be growing larger in size as well...

I went to college for computer animation, with a focus in digital lighting and texturing. Wanted to go into video game creation (mostly make environments) however after working in the industry (movie not video game) I realized that I don't like taking orders from other people when it comes to my art work, so I'm currently looking to open a video game store and keep computer animation as a hobby. I am also currently do pretty well as a refurber, breathing new life into old video consoles....

look forward to posting with all of you I'm off to play mega man, see ya around.

Insert Coin (Level 0) SonicBoom's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonicsalt99 (PS, I'm Not on a lot)
    PSN
    Sonicsalt99

I'm Kelly, From Jersey City, NJ. I Am 14, Yet i am very classic gamer type. The first system i had was the NES. It was actually the NES that my aunt had when she was a kid. I Don't like newer systems however i do have the wii simply for emulators. My favorite series of games is definitely the Zelda series. I Am going to be Zelda this Halloween. All of my time is spent playing games, Watching games reviews, Being on this forum, Ect.

Insert Coin (Level 0) superfamicast64's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    uiriamu-sama

Hello forums! This is SuperFamicast64 speaking, from scenic Northern Virginia!

I found the forums just a few hours ago with a google search (gotta love google) and being a classic gamer, this seems like my kind of place ;D

My favorite games go over many-a-genre. Just to name a few, Final Fantasy VI and VII, Romancing SaGa, the Sonic the Hedgehog series (at least all the ones on Sega consoles), the Super Robot Taisen series, Shin Megami Tensei I and II, Persona 4, Panzer Dragoon, Super Smash Bros. (the N64 version being my fav), etc. etc. etc. (The list goes on for an extremely long time =P)

As my name suggests, my fav consoles are the Super Famicom (SNES for those of you who are wondering what the hell a Super Famicom is), the Sega Dreamcast, and the Nintendo 64. I'm always collecting for these systems, which i jokingly refer to as "Holy Trinity of Video Game Consoles" ;D However, currently I am also collecting for the new Bandai WonderSwan that i got recently.

Outside of video games, my nerd-dom continues into anime and manga, Warhammer 40k, and model building (Warhammer 40k and Gunpla). However, i also have been playing keyboard since i was 12 and guitar since i was 14, so when i need a break from the nerdier side of my life, i got my instruments to go to

An interesting fact, I started collecting originally in 1999, after getting my Sega Dreamcast for Christmas. My serious collecting however, didn't begin until 2002-2004, when I began buying lots of games for the Dreamcast when GameStop was trying to get rid of their Dreamcast library (anyone else remember that?) Since then, i've bought quite a few consoles to add to my collection.

Thank you for your time, and i hope to talk with you all on the forums!
    ==SuperFamicast64's Console Collection==

Dreamcast, PS2, Super Famicom, N64, Saturn, PS1, PSP, GBA, Genesis (w/Model 2 Sega CD), WonderSwan, SwanCrystal

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here comes LuigiBlood (AKA Seru-kun and KiiroBomber), ROM Hacker, Programmer, and leader of the BS-X Project (which i'm alone, actually ^^').

I know this forum a while ago, but i felt it was needed to talk at some point.
    I'm 17, and avid retrogamer guy from France.
    I have quite many game consoles, mostly Nintendo ones.
    I tend to like Mario and Megaman games in general, but i play some other games too. I'm also interested in alpha, beta and prototype stuff. And rare stuff too.

For now, outside this stuff, i'm a high school student (i wanna stop, i feel bored).

Well, hoping for the best by staying here.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    rocky72

Hey fellow die hards, I am rocky east bklyn and philly kid to the heart, lil about me i was born in 72 yes me and the console market are the same age but i pray that is all i will ever share with the magnavox oddity lol. I am a child 70/80's which i consider the best time to grow up in modern history boy, 80's had it all and i had most of it lol. From optimus prime with a pepsitrailer to action max....dam you worlds of wonder lol. The first home console i ever played was a vcs/2600 which i begged for for two yrs in a row after seeing it on jaws and in oct 82 my parents went to toys r us and got one for me with the understanding that it stay closed till Christmas,but. there was a very big 200$ gorilla in the room atari pulled a sega 95 e3 saturn fast one on me a dropped the 5200 which of course i had to have,mom took the vcs back lied about not finding a 5200 and i cried myself to sleep hating the world and everything in it espically coleco lol. Well humble pie is best served cold i know because after seeing the biggest console box in history [outside] of the tg-16 cd rom box lol, under my tress i ate a lot of it that day and that day i fell in love with gaming . I dont flame or bash gamers who grew up in the post golden age but i will always stand proud and defend us old gamers lol, the kids that went to see the wizzard and super mario bros. knowing they would suk lol. after the 5200 love affair ended early thanks to the 83 crash,and jack the jackass tramiel,i loved on to the monsters that are the nes and master system ,long live kid nikki and segascop 3d lol. I will not go on forever but i must say one day i would love to help the world understand the importance of the atari lynx it was indeed the fist backlit 16bit color portable console and had scaling and rotation{stun runner anyone} almost three yrs before the snes and its mode 7 hype machine, anyone who is serious knows that epyx sold the handy/lynx to atari but only after making the mistake of showing it to nintendo first who never had any intentions on using the tec or buying it but ironically or sneakily depends on how you view used the lynx inspired sprite trickery in the snes i guess thats life for atari who also in that decade blew a chance to have the atari name on the nes and sega genesis talk about dumb makes you wonder if the whole commodore success thing was a fluke jack! Well thanks for having me and thanks for being here for me and all die hards of the gaming world. o yeah ps Long live sony lol.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Paul, I'm 20 and have been collecting since I was 16.

First system was a SMS and later a PSX before getting a PS2 and then collecting begun.

Don't really collect prototypes/betas but I do collect games and consoles of anything SEGA, Nintendo, PlayStation and possibly XBox. Was thinking of hitting Atari up but then realised I'll never finish any collection the way I want to if I divert too much! haha

Hopefully gain some more insight and knowledge from being on these boards.

Insert Coin (Level 0) okretromix's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool

Note: lol. I found this Intro thread after my first post. Well, what I can I 'say' it was the red & white glare on my tired eyes.

Tell us any or all of the following:

<> Who you are - okretromix

<> Where you live - Brooklyn, NY

<> How you found the forums - searching for answers to a most annoying problem. That's trying to remember the name of a video game from one's youth. * But, as started looking around here, it seems like a really cool spot for gamers of all sorts, in general.

<> What your favorite games are - When I used to play more often, it was RPGs, Puzzle, Simulation, Non-linear Racing games, and random assortment of others.

<> What systems you collect for - Nintendo, but not so much anymore, other 'priorities'.

<> What you do in "real life" - "real life", lol. The 'net is my life. Just kiddin'.

Take care all and keep on gaming 'til ya' knuckles cry uncle and then game some more.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Arctica121's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey this is Arctica121, found this site trying to find specific games. I like to be active and im not much of a modern gamer (I feel like i dont have the time to play a game like Assasin Creed anymore) so i still stick to the classics.

Im actually a fan of sports but more RPG.

For the record if anyone could help me, If anyone ever played FAXANADU for the NES, Im actually trying to find more games like it, like to the T. My only concern was that the EXP rewarded you with better passwords. I wanted something where you level up. Im not talking Zelda II either because the "Tales of . . . " series style of random combat where you fought someone in a new window was annoying. Basically a platformer action adventure RPG just like Faxanadu

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- This is Bret aka A_Locomotive(I go by this on a few other forums and online games)

- I'm from Spring Valley, CA. For those not familiar with Spring Valley its a parts of San Diego.

- I've heard the forum mentioned a few times else where but decided to join since PCengineFX went down and I heard some of the guys had migrated over here.

- I have to many favorites to list!
    Legend of Legaia
    Bonks Revenge
    Donkey Kong Country(all 3)
    Secret of Mana
    The Legend of Zelda series
    The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series
    Oddworld series
    As you can see I have a hard time choosing favorites, there are so many I love.

- I collect and play quite a few systems.
    Atari: 2600, Lynx, Jaguar.
    Microsoft: Xbox, 360
    NEC: TurboGrafx-16 and hopefully soon Duo-R
    Nintendo: GB, GBC, GBA, DS, NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Virtual Boy
    Sony: PlayStaton, PS2, PSP

- I work in costco doing food and product demos, my friends call me a food cart lady, I wear that title like a badge of honor!

- Can't think of anything to interesting... I survived being electrocuted by very potentially lethal levels of electricity when I was a kid, hows that? I'm not sure really when I started collecting. Maybe it started when my older brother gave me his GameBoy and a copy of Mega Man and Links Awakening. Maybe it happened the day my dad bought me and my brother our very first console a Super Nintendo w/ Donkey Kong. Maybe it started later. Who knows, I'm not really sure when the collecting bug bit me.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

Hey everyone! My name is Austin, and I am a lifelong gamer who has a love for retro gaming, and the 16-Bit Generation in particular. I have been collecting for the SNES for about three years now and have finally taken the advice of friends and created a fansite for it.

In real life I am a Meatr Merchandiser for a midwestern Supermarket chain. It is a lot of travel but I get a chance to see a ton of retro game stores! So it's all good!

Looking forward to connecting with my fellow retrogamers!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default game art and retrogames curator

Hi, I am a french curator based in Marseille. The first console I played at home was Pong on the black and white family tv set!
    I curate exhibitions related to games and I curated two retrogaming shows, one in Paris, Playtime the Villette Numerique's gaming room, in 2002 and the last one in Marseille in 2011 about Game Heroes.
    You will find some informations in english on my website : isabellearvers.com

For a project that will be held in Canada in 2013, I am looking for canadian collectors of computers, consoles, games and arcades.

If you could help me to find contacts, it would be great,
    really thank you in advance,
    Best

Isabelle

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi guys! been lurking on the site for quite sometime now. but i just got to register recently
    i am a retro gamer but more of a collector here from the Philippines . My collection is not huge really, just a little.
    there's not really that much retro gaming stuff here in my country compared to other places but, its okay. I enjoy everything that i have and
    i enjoy visiting forums and websites seeing others collections.

i m looking for ward to learn more and enjoy in this very nice website

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    vertigoprocess

Quote Originally Posted by shifted View Post
    Was thinking of hitting Atari up but then realised I'll never finish any collection the way I want to if I divert too much
    That's no fun don't ya know the fun part is the collecting not so much the collection???.... oh wait the collection is pretty fun too... well either way, welcs!
    Hardware Collection

Nintendo: NES, SNES (Model 1 and 2), N64, GCN, Wii, Gameboy Classic, Gameboy Pocket (Model 1 and 2), Gameboy Color, GBA, SP (Model 1), DS, DS Lite, DSI
    Sega: SMS (Model 1), Genesis (Model 1, 1.5, 2, 3), 32X, Saturn (Model 2), Dreamcast, Nomad, Game Gear
    Atari: 2600 (Heavy Sixer, Sixer, Four Switch, Sunnyvalle, Vader, JR Short rainbow, JR, Sears Four, Sears Sixer), 5200 (4 Port), 7800 PRO
    MIS.: Magnavox CD-I, 3DO FZ-1, 3DO Goldstar, TG 16, Intellivision, Action Max, XBox, 360, PSX, PS3, PSP, Wonderswan B/W, Game Com, NEO GEO Pocket Color

Insert Coin (Level 0) RadRacer73's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi. I am finally getting around to doing this. I've been lurking for a year or so.

My name is Wade and I live in Southeastern, CT. I am 38 years old. I own by own business as a painting contractor.

I have been collecting video games for about 7 years, but have been buying and playing since Atari2600 came out. I like hunting yard sales and flea markets for them - something to do w/the wife. I slowly started displaying my collection in a spare bedroom, which I have since outgrown to put it lightly.

I am attaching (to the best of my limited ability and really crappy camera) some pics of my collection. Five pics just doesn't do it but here's 2 walls worth.

Insert Coin (Level 0) RadRacer73's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here are 5 more pics.