Hey guys,
I'm Thierry aka La Blatte (cockroach in french), 33 yrs old, Mac technician, freshly arrived (from Paris, FR) in Joysey one year ago. So, excuse my crappy english grammar (but I'm working on it
My first computer was an Apple II Euro+, in 83/84, followed by an Apple IIGS and finally the Amiga in the beginning of 90'. I spent millions of hours on these machines (specially the Amiga ! my Machine). I used the Amiga as a main computer until 97....crappy date of my first PC (). Finally, in 2004, I came back on Mac and finally never stopped using my Amiga(s).
I started to collect old machines (computers, consoles, games) in 2001 to finally get almost 250 machines in my collection (Acorn, Atari, Commodore, Sinclair, Amstrad, Sega, Nintendo, Thomson, PET, crazy stuffs, etc...). Unfortunately, before moving, I had to sell a (too big) part of my collection. I kept the ultimate precious part, the Apple IIs and Amigas (and my rarest piece, an Atari ST Book).
I'm a member of old video games, computers, consoles and digital art french associations : Silicium.org (I go to their convention in the south of France every year) and MO5.com (the biggest french Association, with as honor members the creator of Tetris, Double Dragon, Captain Blood and main goal, the creation of a real computer science and video games museum, like in Mountain View, CA)
I should be crazy....no, "oldies geek fan", that's why I'm here actually !