Page 138 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys,
    I'm Thierry aka La Blatte (cockroach in french), 33 yrs old, Mac technician, freshly arrived (from Paris, FR) in Joysey one year ago. So, excuse my crappy english grammar (but I'm working on it
    My first computer was an Apple II Euro+, in 83/84, followed by an Apple IIGS and finally the Amiga in the beginning of 90'. I spent millions of hours on these machines (specially the Amiga ! my Machine). I used the Amiga as a main computer until 97....crappy date of my first PC (). Finally, in 2004, I came back on Mac and finally never stopped using my Amiga(s).
    I started to collect old machines (computers, consoles, games) in 2001 to finally get almost 250 machines in my collection (Acorn, Atari, Commodore, Sinclair, Amstrad, Sega, Nintendo, Thomson, PET, crazy stuffs, etc...). Unfortunately, before moving, I had to sell a (too big) part of my collection. I kept the ultimate precious part, the Apple IIs and Amigas (and my rarest piece, an Atari ST Book).
    I'm a member of old video games, computers, consoles and digital art french associations : Silicium.org (I go to their convention in the south of France every year) and MO5.com (the biggest french Association, with as honor members the creator of Tetris, Double Dragon, Captain Blood and main goal, the creation of a real computer science and video games museum, like in Mountain View, CA)
    I should be crazy....no, "oldies geek fan", that's why I'm here actually !
    Amiga Rulez

Insert Coin (Level 0) Game Hoarder's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello fellow gamers! I'm Jason, 30 years old. I started playing video games around the time of

the video game crash of 83, which means I was like 2 years old. I remember it like it was

yesterday. I was sitting on the living room floor, right in front of a wood grain tv with a 2600

joystick in hand, playing asteroids or whatever and in walks my mom. She said to the family that

games were mere cents! We got about a hundred games! It was awesome. I remember playing

Asteroids, Q*bert, Chopper Command, Sea Quest, Berserk and a bunch of other good old games. A few

years later my dad sold the old 2600 and all the games with it.

I was . But then my brother got a NES and Super Mario Bros with Duck Hunt. I played that thing

like crazy . I played through SMB hundreds of times. My Brother still talks about me

wearing out the reset button .

After seeing how much I was playing his NES and having to hear him complain about it, my parents

bought me a Sega Master System! Although I no longer have a SMS I never stopped playing games

since.

I have about 16 consoles and getting close to a 1,000 games. My absolute favorite console though

is the PS2. I don't think I'll ever get a full set of PS2 games but I'm gonna try and get as much

as I can.

I am glad that I have finally joined this great site and I look forward to talking to all you

awesome gamers!
    All your games are belong to us!

Insert Coin (Level 0) wongojack's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    wongojack
    PSN
    wongojack

I have an older brother and I would play 2600 games with him and his best friend. The friend had a way to pirate 2600 games that I still don't understand, but as a result, I got my first experience with classics like Space Invaders, Pac Man, Asteroids and Missile Command on the 2600.

Since I was just as vulnerable as any 5-7 year old to the Chuck-E-Cheese phenomenon, I got sucked into the arcade as soon as I could reach the controls. Glowing, hypnotic images of Dirk the Daring later brought me back into the arcades of Virginia Beach's malls when the newest game was a whopping 75 cents and my parents usually refused to pay.

I whiled away the desperate months after the video game crash with my C64 which was the first computer that I (eventually) had in my own room. Years passed, and I only had inklings through friends of how great the mythical Amiga was. . . I did opt for a NES eventually, but as I got older and was distracted with things like basketball practice, school plays, and AP government tests, I found myself going back to the great games of the 64 - It was still hooked up when I left for college.

I took a break from gaming and was brought back to it (again by my brother) with the advent of 3d exploration and the pointy boobs of Lara Croft. The 'Playstation Era' lasted quite a long time for me and everything after that is not really retro gaming IMO.

I found Digipress with the help of member 98pacecar who recently took my entire (broken) Commodore collection off my hands. I was happy to find a competent collector here in Dallas who would give it a good home.

I play lots of "modern" games, but my love for the classics was reinvigorated in the past years by the GP32x. Wiz. I've done a fair amount of posting on gp32x.com, gamegavel, atariage, lemon64, gamefaqs and others as wongojack.

I'll add a personal top games list here as that seems like a good way to get some rep. These are not in order but are listed chronologically.

Pitfall 2600
    Pirates! C64
    Superstar Ice Hockey C64
    The Legend of Zelda NES
    Wing Commander PC
    Tomb Raider PS1
    Resident Evil PS1
    Madden NFL 200x PS1
    God of War PS2
    Mass Effect 360

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Many hello's to you all, I am JC but am known as Dreammary or The Uninvited Gremlin depending on the forum. I am a member of FamicomWorld, NintendoAGE, AtariAGE and quite a few other forums. Anyways... I am not good at introducing myself... so yea, hello.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey all, i'm a US guy into US games!
    atm, i'm getting pretty into my DC and my TG16, so i'm always looking for those.
    other than that, I'm just a working class schmuck.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Junkyrdsalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Junkyrdsalesman

Hey everybody! I'm Junkyrdsalesman! I'm a 17 year old novice collector who has been collecting for about 2 years now. My preferred systems are ps1 and ps2, some ps3, DS and Saturn. Hope we can get along and help each other learn new things

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChrisJC85

Hey guys, my name's Chris I'm from Sydney Australia. I came across these forums recently while searching for information regarding ColecoVision games and figured I'd sign up and say hello.

I love all retro games and platforms, but my favourites are SMS I and II, Colecovision and SNES. My first game was Alex Kidd in Miracle World that came built into the Master System console. This was in the late 80's-early 90's and I've been hooked ever since!

The systems I own/collect games for are:

- Sega Master System II
    - Super Nintendo
    - Sega Saturn
    - Nintendo 64

I work as a chartered accountant irl and actually began collecting fairly recently. This was because my parents had donated the consoles/games I had as a kid to relatives and family friends, and I was unable to track them down. Decided to try my luck on eBay and have since picked up SMS and SNES machines along with several games to start me off

I'm keen to join the various discussions on this board and talk about all things retro gaming.

Thanks,

Chris
    Last edited by Christopher; 12-17-2011 at 12:38 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I"m MisterRowland. I'm 31, live in Central Kentucky and I work as a product engineer for a printer manufacturer. I've been playing video games since I was 8 and bought my NES. Right now I'm pretty much collecting for every system I've ever owned, since I still have all of them. Some of my favorite games are Punch-Out, Bart Vs the Space Mutants, Madden series, and the Assassin's Creed Series.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello there,

I am Jamtex also goes by the name of Barry, feeling far too old. Am a member of a number of other forums too. I live a nomadic existance as I tend to travel a lot, Japan now, Brazil in Janurary, England, Wales, Finland and Norway in Feburary, etc. A number of people I know on other forums are on here so i thought I would join.

I hate being asked what my favourite games are as I tend to get asked that question when I am at work. Needless to say I have lots of favourite games from Donkey Kong, Puyo Puyo, Sim City, Gridrunner, Daytona USA, Centipede, Ace Driver Victory Lap, Super Real Mahjong P3...

I collect games in general, although I generally perfer Japanese games and have reasonable collections for the Playstation, Megadrive, Famicom, Super Famicom, Sega Saturn and arcade boards.

In real life I work for an art gallery, helping install an exhibition and then running it for them, helping curate and work on it. This involves travelling a lot hence the nomadic lifestyle.

Been collecting since I could afford games, which seems like several decades ago. so I am a bit of a cynical old bar steward. Have helped out at a couple of gaming cons around the world and do like helping out.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys! My name is Devry and I'm in DC. The forums came up in search of a Game Genie to Super Game Boy adapter. Does anyone have one available or where they can be found?

Probably favorite games ever would be Final Fantasy 3/VI, Super Mario Bros 2 and Zelda II.

I collect for NES and SNES right now and love old school games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not exactly a newcomer but I haven't been posting for some years so maybe it's time to re-introduce me.

I'm Barbara, 33 years old and I'm a gamer since my childhood days. I used to collect games but I did sell some stuff and so now I just own (nearly) only stuff I really like. I'm not that much into nowadays consoles. The Wii has some funny games but the only thing that got me on the X-Box is Scared 2. I haven't been playing regularly during the last 4 or 5 years because of different reasons but I lately bought a PSP and now I'm back... I feel like in my childhood days again since there are so many cool games around. Nice thing is also that there are a lot of cheap games around so I can feel like on x-mas any given day. Anyway, it feels good to be back!
    http://www.discogs.com/user/Tatsu>My vinyl and CD collection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsu View Post
    I'm not exactly a newcomer but I haven't been posting for some years so maybe it's time to re-introduce me.

I'm Barbara, 33 years old and I'm a gamer since my childhood days. I used to collect games but I did sell some stuff and so now I just own (nearly) only stuff I really like. I'm not that much into nowadays consoles. The Wii has some funny games but the only thing that got me on the X-Box is Scared 2. I haven't been playing regularly during the last 4 or 5 years because of different reasons but I lately bought a PSP and now I'm back... I feel like in my childhood days again since there are so many cool games around. Nice thing is also that there are a lot of cheap games around so I can feel like on x-mas any given day. Anyway, it feels good to be back!
    Welcome back! I'm off to go check out your vinyl collection now!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jamtex View Post
    Hello there,

I am Jamtex also goes by the name of Barry, feeling far too old. Am a member of a number of other forums too. I live a nomadic existance as I tend to travel a lot, Japan now, Brazil in Janurary, England, Wales, Finland and Norway in Feburary, etc. A number of people I know on other forums are on here so i thought I would join.

I hate being asked what my favourite games are as I tend to get asked that question when I am at work. Needless to say I have lots of favourite games from Donkey Kong, Puyo Puyo, Sim City, Gridrunner, Daytona USA, Centipede, Ace Driver Victory Lap, Super Real Mahjong P3...

I collect games in general, although I generally perfer Japanese games and have reasonable collections for the Playstation, Megadrive, Famicom, Super Famicom, Sega Saturn and arcade boards.

In real life I work for an art gallery, helping install an exhibition and then running it for them, helping curate and work on it. This involves travelling a lot hence the nomadic lifestyle.

Been collecting since I could afford games, which seems like several decades ago. so I am a bit of a cynical old bar steward. Have helped out at a couple of gaming cons around the world and do like helping out.
    Interesting. Do you take your games with you when you travel, or do you rely on emulation?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wongojack View Post
    I have an older brother and I would play 2600 games with him and his best friend. The friend had a way to pirate 2600 games that I still don't understand, but as a result, I got my first experience with classics like Space Invaders, Pac Man, Asteroids and Missile Command on the 2600.

Since I was just as vulnerable as any 5-7 year old to the Chuck-E-Cheese phenomenon, I got sucked into the arcade as soon as I could reach the controls. Glowing, hypnotic images of Dirk the Daring later brought me back into the arcades of Virginia Beach's malls when the newest game was a whopping 75 cents and my parents usually refused to pay.

I whiled away the desperate months after the video game crash with my C64 which was the first computer that I (eventually) had in my own room. Years passed, and I only had inklings through friends of how great the mythical Amiga was. . . I did opt for a NES eventually, but as I got older and was distracted with things like basketball practice, school plays, and AP government tests, I found myself going back to the great games of the 64 - It was still hooked up when I left for college.

I took a break from gaming and was brought back to it (again by my brother) with the advent of 3d exploration and the pointy boobs of Lara Croft. The 'Playstation Era' lasted quite a long time for me and everything after that is not really retro gaming IMO.

I found Digipress with the help of member 98pacecar who recently took my entire (broken) Commodore collection off my hands. I was happy to find a competent collector here in Dallas who would give it a good home.

I play lots of "modern" games, but my love for the classics was reinvigorated in the past years by the GP32x. Wiz. I've done a fair amount of posting on gp32x.com, gamegavel, atariage, lemon64, gamefaqs and others as wongojack.

I'll add a personal top games list here as that seems like a good way to get some rep. These are not in order but are listed chronologically.

Pitfall 2600
    Pirates! C64
    Superstar Ice Hockey C64
    The Legend of Zelda NES
    Wing Commander PC
    Tomb Raider PS1
    Resident Evil PS1
    Madden NFL 200x PS1
    God of War PS2
    Mass Effect 360
    Welcome to the forums! 98pacecar is a great guy.

I would also list Pitfall, Pirates!, and Wing Commander among my favorite games. I like your taste!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blatte View Post

Hey guys,
    I'm Thierry aka La Blatte (cockroach in french), 33 yrs old, Mac technician, freshly arrived (from Paris, FR) in Joysey one year ago. So, excuse my crappy english grammar (but I'm working on it
    My first computer was an Apple II Euro+, in 83/84, followed by an Apple IIGS and finally the Amiga in the beginning of 90'. I spent millions of hours on these machines (specially the Amiga ! my Machine). I used the Amiga as a main computer until 97....crappy date of my first PC (). Finally, in 2004, I came back on Mac and finally never stopped using my Amiga(s).
    I started to collect old machines (computers, consoles, games) in 2001 to finally get almost 250 machines in my collection (Acorn, Atari, Commodore, Sinclair, Amstrad, Sega, Nintendo, Thomson, PET, crazy stuffs, etc...). Unfortunately, before moving, I had to sell a (too big) part of my collection. I kept the ultimate precious part, the Apple IIs and Amigas (and my rarest piece, an Atari ST Book).
    I'm a member of old video games, computers, consoles and digital art french associations : Silicium.org (I go to their convention in the south of France every year) and MO5.com (the biggest french Association, with as honor members the creator of Tetris, Double Dragon, Captain Blood and main goal, the creation of a real computer science and video games museum, like in Mountain View, CA)
    I should be crazy....no, "oldies geek fan", that's why I'm here actually !
    Wow, welcome to have you aboard! Be sure to check out the classic computer area here at DP. You will find lots of fellow Amiga, Commodore, and Apple II fans in there!

JOEY Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name's Joey, I go by the username of Sam Spade over at Nintendo Age and Sega Age as well as Sega 16. I've been lurking on and off over here for some time and I figured I might as well sign up and see what all the fuss is about.

I collect for alot of different systems, Sega being my favorite. I hope to get to know you guys and see what's up on this side of the pond.

Insert Coin (Level 0) TheShireGamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Kyle Gottgetreu from Port Coquitlam B.C. Im 18 and have been playing games since the age of about 4 and have been serious collecting since the age of about 12! I was brought up on the SEGA Genesis and the SNES and played lots of Zelda, Sonic and Mario. As I got older my interest in games grew big and my family started to notice, I played more games and different series and started my collecting in middle school after my parents friends son inspired me to collect after seeing his amazing room. So since then Ive been spending almost every penny I earn on games and game memorablia, and soon I will start making videos on Youtube to talk about my games and show my collections as well as do reviews! I have one video up right now on my channel thats been sitting there for a long time, its a review I did in the summer of a game that really got my attention. www.Youtube.com/theshiregamer to those interested!
    In a realm beyond sight
    Where the sky shines gold not blue
    With the triforces might
    Makes mortal dreams come true

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Me

I Love classic games, also love gaming websites. I wanna shore one of my favorite gaming sites that has some of the best caption/ comics for classic gaming.

One of my favorite captions:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

and they just did a play through of three classic sports games for the genesis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dwcJ...1n1O15F7TShsnb

Their website is here: www.pocket-entertainment.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Introduction

Hello all...let's see how this turns out:

1) Who you are - Stephen

2) Where you live - Raleigh, NC

3) How you found the forums - Searched 'video games' over the past decade or so...normally found it among the top results

4) What your favorite games are - Anything NES...always enjoyed River City Ransom and Super Dodge Ball if only to relieve stress after a hard days work

5) What systems you collect for - My main focus is NES but have collected numerous systems/games over the years. I'll probably forget a few but Nintendo - NES, SNES, Gameboy, GBA, Virtual Boy, N64 (DD), Gamecube, DS, Wii; Sega - Genesis, Saturn, Gamegear, CD, Dreamcast; Atari - 2600, Jaguar, Jaguar CD; NeoGeo - Cart System, CDz System, Pocket; Phillips - CD-i; Panasonic - 3DO; Sony - PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP; Microsoft - XBOX, X360; Turbo Grafx 16; Colecovision; Odyssey2; Commodore64; Game.com; etc

6) What you do in "real life" - Business Analyst

7) Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc. - It all began Christmas '88 when my parents bought us an NES system with SMB/Duck Hunt/World Class Track Meet and Bad Dudes. I was hooked. Only other interesting fact I can think of is my collection of prototype NES carts...that began with Airball off ebay in 2000. Ah, the memories....

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello DP, the name's Joseph Leo and I'm from Murrey, UT.

I found these forums many years ago but never took the time to join, finally decided to take the dive and hit the signup button. My favorite games include titles such as Super Mario Bros. 3, Chrono Trigger and more modern games like God of War and Metal Gear Solid. Primarily I'm an NES exclusive collector, but I'm going to be venturing out into all things Nintendo soon enough.

I work as a precious metal ore processor and have a pretty good standing in collecting high end titles.

I've begun my collection only 6 months ago but have sold it all off in order to restart the proper way. I want to buy the rare titles first and work my way down.