Page 122 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hey

looks like a great place, cant wait to explore

Insert Coin (Level 0) tentencanidae's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    jeremycomitas

I'm Jeremy Comitas from Teaneck, NJ.

Job: Music Producer/Engineer @ The Machine Shop and Treehouse Sound (Fall Out Boy, Gym Class Heroes, Four Year Strong, Cobra Starship, Chiodos, Etc...)

I found out about the site/forum directly through the Retail Store in Clifton a long while back. I've read things on it from time to time, and finally decided to join up and voice out. I have a very large collection of games and systems all in excellent condition. I also collect Transformers toys, love Japanese cuisine, and play guitar for the band Bayonet.

I will post my collections shortly, for possible trades.
    TenTenCanidae
    Collects NES games & RPG's for all systems.
    www.myspace.com/peeweesbike
    www.myspace.com/bayonetdoesntcare

Insert Coin (Level 0) tentencanidae's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    jeremycomitas

Forgot to mention my fav games...

1: The Legend Of Zelda
    2: Super Mario Bros. 3
    3: Metroid
    4: Donkey Kong Jr.
    5: Super Mario Bros. 2

Obviously a NES fan.
    TenTenCanidae
    Collects NES games & RPG's for all systems.
    www.myspace.com/peeweesbike
    www.myspace.com/bayonetdoesntcare

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    slalomluke

Hey everbuddeh, I'm Lucas, from Connecticut and now Los Angeles. I'm a 20-year-old kid who's put an unreasonable amount of time into playing video games, and would do it all over again.

My first video game system was an Atari 2600 my parents got at a garage sale for $6 at age 4, and I've slowly but surely been giving myself carpal tunnel ever since. I've always been a few years behind the curve in terms of video game systems, and I've been loving it; makes it easier to pick out the best ones to add to your library.

I've been favoring the Playstation systems for modern console games over the last few years, but I'm open to any and all unique, memorable, or otherwise awesome games. Lately I've been enjoying the hell out of Red Dead Redemption and Fallout 3.

The story often makes the game for me; I find myself find myself attracted to games that weave complex, meaningful character interactions through a fully realized universe. A tall order, to be sure, but it's all the more satisfying when I find a game that hits it just right. I know video games to be a true form of art, and when a developer shows they realized this, it makes me quite happy.

Some of my favorite games and series include:
    Silent Hill
    Metal Gear series (the MSX titles are some of the most intense 8-bit games I've ever played.)
    Xenogears
    Kirby series (easy but wonderful)
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Megaman Legends (highly under-rated adventure game, beautiful character interactions and story.)
    Thief: The Dark Project
    Half-Life
    Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey

Beyond playin vidya games on the couch, I like to play rock and roll, act on stage, shout, and generally behave like a benevolent degenerate.

Insert Coin (Level 0) BiggerBoo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lankypt1 View Post
    I've always been a few years behind the curve in terms of video game systems...
    Isn't our age an interesting perspective to come at gaming from? Right between that awkward SNES/N64 origin of species...I never knew which generation I belonged to. Haha, I guess it's the Sega generation.

Well welcome! And thanks for the reminder of Mega Man Legends...holy cow, haven't thought about that game forever!
    What an annoying knock!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

Greetings everyone! I'm Zama and it's nice to meet ya all! I'm a casual collector of all types of video games and love playing them as well. Now, I shall wander into the wild whereever video games are sold. xD

Insert Coin (Level 0) Theretrogamingroom's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Draquafresh
    PSN
    Retrogamingroom

Default Hey everybody!

Who I am: Theretrogamingroom, of course!
    Where I live: (Is somebody stalking me?)
    How I found the Forums: I clicked "Forums"
    What my favorate games are: 1: Sonic
    2: Mario 3: Zelda 4: Spyro 5: Halo...
    What systems you collect for:
    (Just see my list when I post it)
    What you do in "real life": I go to
    School and do chores for R/B.
    Any other interesting facts, like
    how you began collecting, etc.:
    I guess I began collecting starting
    with my N64 and GBC, then got hooked!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all!

My name is Kevin, from the UK.
    Retro lifestyle, l especially like the 8bit-16bit era.

SNES is my fav console of all time, am into collecting, modifying and paint jobs for old consoles.

speak to you all later!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello not sure if this is the right place to make this thaerd but anyway just making this to introduice myself. my real name is mark and im manly into classic consoles such as mega drive and snes but still enjoy stuff such as xbox 360 . Also if you have time check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/CMCMvideogames

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello. I'm new. That's all I can think of.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Been a gamer ever since I was little. Working on (re)collecting all the classics

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heya! I'm Mike, and I usually collect older handhelds to play with them. Nice to meet you all.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Mr Fwibbles's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mr Fwibbles
    PSN
    MrFwibbles

Hi, my name is Richard. I have pretty much all the games I want right now - around 550 over many systems, all regions - but I'm always on the lookout for obscure things I might have missed. I've been into video games for around 20 years, and importing for 10 of those. Although I do own some rare and expensive stuff, I don't know if I'd be classed as a collector since I only buy games that I enjoy; I generally don't care to make purchases just because an item is rare, and I don't aim to own every game on a certain platform, etc.

These forums are quite well known and I've lurked here a lot, just never had a reason to post. Sometimes this site is the only place with any info on certain things, and I have some questions I need real collectors to answer!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I'm migo. I'm a fan of fighting games, but my hands cramp up playing them unless I'm on an arcade stick (or SFIV on iOS, but the controls are unprecise and therefore less satisfying), so I've been eyeing the Neo Geo Pocket Color and have been researching it to see if I should buy it. Google searches led me here.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, just getting back into gaming and starting to collect the systems of my childhood. I have a SNES, 3DO, Genesis/CD/32X, Turbografx 16, N64, and plus all the systems out of the this and last generation.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As I put together my collection of old consoles I have here in my home I kept referencing back to this forum through google searches so I thought I'd might as well join. Most of my collection has been acquired at the moment some of it I had to astroturf through eBay. I found out 3 of my consoles were non-working so I subtituted them for alternate versions just to keep things interesting. I might post pictures later.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Singularity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi , my name is Jeroen (you can call me Jay) from The Netherlands.
    I'm 32 and I've been gaming for as long as I can remember. As a 4 year old, having US army expatriot neighbours we got exposed to all the COOL USA stuff like toys, tv shows and,YES also videogames, which were pretty rare in the early 80's: only the really rich kids had them at home, just like VCR's. I've pretty much seen every console/home computer system since the early 80's come and go and owned or played most of them. So let me introduce myself a little :

My big passions are genre films with a strong 60's/70's/80's horror/sci-fi genre focus , pretty much everything that's offbeat, obscure, extreme, cheesy or just solid classic but als lots of contemporary film. I'm a film nut just as much as a games nerd

The same passion is for (obscure / retro) videogames. Growing up in The Netherlands meant that the mainstream exposure to videogames has always been much less than the US and definitely Japan, but I was lucky enough to work for one of this country's largest wholesellers/gray importers in my early teens (14-16) picking orders and packing boxes every day after school. The owner also bestowed upon me the task of reviewing Japanese import games in order to make potential sales forecasts, as the demand for import was rising... so I played a lot of really obscure Japanese games that seem forgotten these days but I have fond memories of (Magical Flying Hat Adventure or Earnest Evans anyone?). Making a meagre wage of something equiv. to $2,5 / hour at the time, I didn't care about the money... I got to play a LOT of very special games and the owner was "kind enough" to settle for some deals like "work all summervacation for a Japanese Mega CD" - which was the novelty at the time. This was right when the 16 bit wave was at it's height and pc adventure games were in the glory days. The dream system was a NEO GEO, but the games were just way to expensive (up to 800 guilders for some of the later 300 Meg titles which was equiv. to 10 snes games!) Most kids were still on NES, some on SNES or Genesis and/or C64 / Amiga, 386 PC or the odd one with an MSX 2. There was no internet and EGM or Nintendo Power were "holy grails" for info on games we would NEVER see in our stores. There was no scene in the part wehere I lived. Most kids were into the mainstream , if at all. Lots of games came to Europe much later than US or never at all, but with the aid of "converters" or sometimes a PCB mod (in the case of the Megadrive) we were able to play the imports. I remember getiing a US SNES because it played fullscreen instead of the PAL black bars but it had to be modded first...
    This afterschool job enabled me to play NEO GEO AES, PC Engine, Mega CD/Wondermega, Turbo -GT, Japanese SNES, US-only SNES, even Jaguar and 3DO; games and systems that were very obscure around these shores and many a myth persevered about in the schoolyards at the time. It is of this period in my life that I have the fondest gaming memories. Of course, I went on and owned every console after that and bought many of the "old" ones which I could finally afford when I got a proper job many years later. I finally got a Japanese NEO GEO AES a few years back which made my retro dreams complete

But still, the SNES remains as my favourite game system ever. My fondest gaming memories stem from that system. I have been on gaming hiatus several times but lately been pretty much grasping back to the oldschool (to me : late 8-bit/16-bit) partially because the new games and systems kind of bore me but also due to the fact that some classic series are still alive through PSX, PS2, PSP and DS anthologies that keep the "flame burning" so to speak and have rekindled the old vibe.

Good to have discovered this forum! From lurking around it seems like you guys rule and I'll feel right at home here. And sorry for the longish intro and getting all nostalgic.....
    Last edited by Singularity; 06-23-2010 at 04:18 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) gazcollector's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gaz1987

hello names Gaz, ive been collecting consloes and handhelds for years if you really want to know anything just message me

Tell us any or all of the following:
    - Who you are - Gaz
    - Where you live - Stoke-on-Trent
    - How you found the forums - google and other sites
    - What your favorite games are - have you got 6 hours to read my list?
    - What systems you collect for - anything from the nintendo nes to the playstation 3
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc. my parents gave a NES and a Master System for my 6th birthday

Insert Coin (Level 0) Squarepainter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all, im Adam from NY. I've been into video games all 28 years of my life but just found out about this board and the Digital Press store just a few days ago. I've been an artist all my life and a few years ago i combined that passion with my love of old video games. I go by the moniker Squarepainter and do paintings of 8bit and 16bit games. You can see all my stuff here: http://squarepainter.deviantart.com/

I'll be attending the NAVA meet up tomorrow with quite a few paintings in tow so I cant wait to meet all of you!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is dan, and I'm from france. I enjoy collecting 16 bit games (genesis and snes).
    My collection is pretty small right now, but hopefully it will grow in the coming years.