Page 14 of 164 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey! So my real name is Amber and I am actually the fiancee of boatofcar (YAY!). He helped me find this message board and tells me about it ALL the time. I like video games... my faves to play are Grand Prix, Freeway, Tetris, Dr. Mario, and Kirby's Avalanche. I don't collect anything, I just enjoy playing games with my sweetie. In real life I am graduating from college and looking for a teaching position...

oh... I am going to the video game convention in Las Vegas this summer...

so that is just a little bit about me!
    Amber =^..^=
    (otherwise know as the fiancee of boatofcar)

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

300 posts later... I'll finally introduce myself. I'm such an ass.

My name is really Ryan Amos. I use the name INTVGene because I love the Intellivision, and Gene was always an alias I used when playing video games because I thought it is a strange name and it was kinda a joke at the start.

Anyway, I love video games, both new and old... although I think that the golden age has definitely come and gone. One of my favorites is Thunder Castle for the Intellly, you should give it a try.

I am 29, and a teacher in Canada. I like these forums because there are some good discussions about games both new and old. I think I just stumbled on here from a google search someday. Anyway, that's about it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are -Erik Marcum
    - Where you live -Arkansas, then back to OKC,OK in about a week
    - How you found the forums -don't remember.-I actually registered here about a year ago under a different name (caracal, fossa?)
    - What your favorite games are -
    I don't have a list but here's my fave's from a handful of systems:
    2600-Yar's Revenge
    NES-SMB3
    Genesis-Gunstaar Heroes
    TG-16- Flinal Lap Twin
    DC-Red Dog

- What systems you collect for -none at the moment, but I am interested in the "loser's" of the original console wars.
    - What you do in "real life" -Car sales.

I am a hobbyist and a member of several boards. Currently I am reading up on PCB designing and other stuff.
    [/quote]

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Greetings,

My name is Mike and I live in Warren, MI. I am 29 years old, and I have been actively collecting over the past three years. However, I actually started collecting around 13 years ago when I would go the goodwill stores looking for flannel shirts during my “grunge rock” period. During that time I would pass by the electronics section and I would always see an Atari or other game system. It made me remember how much fun I had with my Atari 2600 when I was younger and I started buying something every time I would go. I bought everything from the Odyssey to the Colecovision, but I eventually stopped when I went to college.

One day I happened upon this website, and it’s been an obsession ever since. I have been a lurker here for a while, but decided to come out into the open . I collect everything from the Odyssey to the Playstation, but I mostly focus on the Atari, SNES, and Genesis. However, just like any other obsession, I am always open to collecting new things .

Since I pretty much spent my youth in the arcades, my favorite game of all time is Galaga. However, Ghosts ’n Goblins still takes most of my quarters even to this day. I’m just not good at that game, but every time I see one, I can’t resist playing it. Other than that, I'm always looking to trade my games and to meet new friends.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good evening!

My name is Nick, I'm 24 and currently living in San Francisco. I'm currently a graduate student in games animation, but barring any unforseeable circumstances, I will graduate at the end of June, at which point I hope to get into the games industry and make a difference.

When I was very young, my parents bought me a ColecoVision, and I would play Lady Bug for hours and hours on end. After that I got my first Nintendo system, and my collection of games started growing. As I got older, I would still stop by stores and look for NES games I had never heard of. Although I never really considered myself a collector, I did in fact begin to amass a fairly respectable library.

I stopped collecting for many years during college, thanks to money woes typically associated to struggling college students. Now that it appears I'll fairly be leaving that sordid world, my interests have been renewed. I recently purchased a Bally Astrocade, and immediately my passion for vintage gaming consoles came rushing back.

Although I hardly consider myself a hardcore gamer, I love games more than anything in the world, and could talk about this sort of stuff for days and days without ever getting sick of it. I probably won't post much, but I assure you, I'm probably reading.

--Needle

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are - Josh

Where you live - Eugene OR

How you found the forums - My bud kevincure

What your favorite games are - qix, ninja gaiden 2, zelda 2 the adventures of link,

What systems you collect for - Nes, SuperNES, Virtual Boy, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, N64 and gamecube. Any and all nintendo, that's it, strictly nintendo. I even have pizza boxes with mario and luigi on them.

What you do in "real life" - I am a full time 19 year old community college student and I work for a magazine company called The News Group distributing magazines in certain stores. Sounds cool, but it sucks.

Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc - I began collecting about umm...4 or 5 years ago. I had just sold my nes two years before I started collecting so I could buy new stuff (yah! dumb me). Then i spotted A nes with about 40 games at a garage sale for 10 bucks, I offered them 5. They took the price just as well as I took them . Ever since then I have been on a constant quest for anything nintendo related. Sure, I was in the phase for a while where i wanted to collect every system. After I got my first 3DO I realized how shitty some systems were, so I sold what i had accumulated (other then nintendo stuff) on ebay, including a couple of atari's, jaugar, sega cd,32x and a geni, an intelivision 2, a couple PS1's and a few master systems. I'm always short on cash, so I am constantly searching out a good deal at garage sales, goodwils and st. vinnys so I can clean up, piece togather and sell other systems (as well as other crap that sells) and make cash to fuel my habit. Well that is me.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Intro

Hello!
    My name is Ryan and I live in the suburbs of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I'm 26 years old and a graduate of the Photography and Advertising programs at Sheridan College.
    I didn't know what I wanted to do after graduating so i went on a 2 year vacation accross Canada, Europe, United States and Mexico. I thought I would have figured out what I want to do with the rest of my life by now but I havn't, so I'll keep on gaming till I fugure it out. Buying and selling games is how I make my living.
    I've been playing video games since the early 80's. I started on my cousin's Atari 2600 and eventually got my own Colecovision for christmas. I quickly became master of Time Pilot, Donkey Kong, Carnival and Smurfs. I graduated to the NES when it came out and couldn't stop playing SMB and Zelda. All of my own games and systems where eventually thrown out or given away and I totally forgot about video games when I discovered GIRLS!!!
    After I had fully explored women, I rediscovered video games at a local yard sale! I picked up an Atari 2600 with a bunch of games at that yard sale. The following weekend I went to yard sales specifically looking for games and systems and the rest is, shall we say, history.
    I started selling games to fund my trip to Europe. After returning from Europe I decided to start collecting every home console and game ever released commercially. No computers, imports, prototypes or homebrews. I own 30 different systems and I'm approaching the 3000 games mark.
    I'm currently upgrading alot of my games to meet my goal of having a near mint or better collection with every game being complete. In doing so, I discovered the DP site in January and quickly ordered a copy of the DP Guide. I have learned alot about games from this site and hope to learn alot more. Next year I plan on going to the show in Vegas and in Philly.
    THE VIDEO GAME SHOW!!!
    Buy, Sell, Trade, Brag!
    Sunday, August 22, 2004.
    www.thevideogameshow.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I'm a life-long gamer from Connecticut. I'm 20 years old and currently studying web design at a local community college. I enjoy gaming, both retro and new age. My tastes range from 8-bit classics like Rygar to Battlefield 1942. I happen to be a part of several clans, including www.gamespy.com's Gamespy Forums [GSF], and a Battlefield 1942 clan [oTc]. Right now I'm just looking to sell some stuff I've been saving, but perhaps I'll stick around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yes, I happen to be a member of [oTc] myself. Welcome aboard, Suerte!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Introduce Yourself!

- Who you are: The Lady Engaine, of course
    - Where you live: Somewhere in the midwest
    - How you found the forums: I know moycon. Well, actually, I've bounced around on various gaming sites for a couple of years now.
    - What your favorite games are: Anything for the NES, SNES or N64...but I'm really just a sucker for 2600 River Raid, any Zelda game, and anything written with the Sierra "adventure game interperator"
    - What systems you collect for: NES, 2600, SNES...and sloooooooowly for the N64 and Gamecube
    - What you do in "real life": Mild-mannered housewife by day, lycra/spandex-wearing super-heroine by night.
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc: I started collecting because...well, I wanted to play all the games I kept hearing about! There is absolutely nothing interesting about me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are: My name is Joe

- Where you live: Central Massachesetts

- How you found the forums: don't remember, surfing for classic game info I suppose

- What your favorite games are: currently Castlevania IV, Mike Tyson's punch out, Contra III, Devil's Crush, Pitfall

- What systems you collect for: anything. I currently have several 2600's, INTV, NES, Genny, SNES, TG16, PSX, PS2 and an Atari C-380 pinball unit.

- What you do in "real life": Insurance Casualty Adjuster. A steady decent paying job for a company I live down the street from and treats me well. Could be worse.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc: I am 32 years old and have been playing since PONG. I grew up down the street from a mall arcade that I literally lived in since I was old enough to walk there myself. I am happy to be able to say that I lived through "the Golden Age of video games" as a child. Many many fond memories and the main reason I still collect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are: Jeff 34yo
    Where you live: Born in Missouri, lived in Washington State until 2 years ago now back in Missouri. Should have never moved back!
    How you found the forums: From GameFaqs.
    What your favorite games are: Too many to list!
    What systems you collect for: Saturn, Genesis, Sega CD, DC, N64, NES, PS2, XBOX, Turbo Duo, GC, plus several handhelds.
    What you do in "real life": Work in the family business of selling jan/san supplies.
    Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.: Been playing games since pong I guess. I just really got into collecting around 5 years ago. The flood gates opened when I bought a Saturn and discovered imports! I just got into the Nintendo systems and my collection is small for now, but I'm working on it.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default about me

Hi,hows everybody doing.My name is Jim"Video Game Master"Combs I am 17 years old
    and live in Westminster,Colorado.I have been collecting and playing video games my whole life.I collect everything that has to do with video games and collect for every system.I love and respect
    all video games everyone of them with all my heart and soul.Video games are what I was born and put on this planet for.I would do anything for video games.As of right now I have 1557 different video games.I am so honored to
    be in this months "Tips & Tricks" magazine
    100th/June 2003 issue in Collectors closet section for the room of doom pics,thanks so much to Joe Santulli for making that possible for me.I drew him an incrediable picture of classic video game characters for him and his digital press web site to show my thanks.I still owe
    him big time though.I study about video games all the time.I know everything from the classic 1958 "Tennis for Two"and before to current and future info.I hate to sound like a know it all and you will never hear me brag.I love video games so very much with all my heart and soul.If you guys.girls have any questions about video games please feel free to post me a message or e-mail me at "thevideogamewiz@aol.com.Also you guys can check out my room of doom pics on the "Game Rooms"section of this site.

Pretzel (Level 4) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Duncan1800
    PSN
    Duncan1800

Heh. Two Coloradans in a row...

Who I am -- I'm Duncan, 23 years old and a game fan since around 1985 or so.

Where I live -- Colorado Springs, CO, though I was born in Nebraska and lived there until 1986.

How I found the forums -- Well, I ordered up the DP Guide one day after taking a quick look at the web site. Having found the book immensely useful, I went back to the site for a longer stay and managed to find the forums. So here I be...

Favorite games -- Definitely Gran Turismo or anything Zelda-related. Overall, though, I'm generally a fan of platformers and driving games. (Still looking for a copy of Test Drive II for Genesis...)

What I collect for -- Well, I'm not deep into collecting at the moment. I have a lot of GameCube games at present, and I'm planning on wrenching an NES and around 40 games from my brother at some point. I've also got a Genesis, Game Boy (both Advance and Color), and my beloved RCA Studio II (currently in non-working order). It was my very first video game experience way back when, so don't laugh! In future, I'd like to have a Super NES (something I wanted as a kid and have never fulfilled) and maybe a ColecoVision (so I can span all the important eras). I have also recently become hooked on Sega Master System stuff, since I picked up a Power Base Converter and some great carts for cheap.

What I do in real life -- Still in school, actually, gradually slacking my way towards a communications degree (hopefully by next year). Besides that, I work at a major retail chain in the electronics department (which basically helps feed my gaming addictions).

Other interesting facts -- My major interest in life is automobiles, which might explain the Gran Turismo fixation. It also explains why I've listed www.mazdaworld.org in my signature; I serve as a moderator/contributor there. (If you own a Mazda or just want to talk cars, feel free to join us!) I'm also a big fan of the Megatokyo webcomic ( www.megatokyo.com ).

Having said all that, I'll sign off!

Duncan
    Active systems owned: Wii, X360, PS3
    Inactive systems owned: RCA, INTV2, NES, SMS, Genesis, Lynx, SNES, Saturn, PS1, GBC, DC, PS2, GBA, Xbox, GC, PSP, DS
    Systems wanted: Coleco, 7800, TG16, GG, 3DS, Vita, WiiU

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi!

Who I am: My name is Mark, and I'm 17 years old.
    -Where I live: Missouri
    -What my favorite games are: Games that blend action and adventure well (Metroid series, Castlevania series etc.), puzzle games (Devil Dice, Tetris Attack, etc.), RPGs and action RPGs (Legend of Zelda, Chrono Trigger, Alundra, etc.) , and shooters (Space Megaforce, Ikaruga, Contra series, etc.). I like other stuff, too. =P
    -What systems I collect for: My collection is still very small (I have 196 games at the moment). I currently own: NES (30 games), Super NES (48), Nintendo 64 (23), Game Boy Advance (18, including original Game Boy and GBC games), GameCube (9), PlayStation (53), PlayStation 2 (15), and Game Gear (2; this one needs some serious work. Luckily, my local Slackers CDs and Games has a rather large selection of Game Gear games). I hope to start seriously collecting (games and additional systems. I really want Sega systems... Maybe NEC systems, as well) as soon as I get some money and/or a job.
    What I do in real life: I homeschool and I mow lawns for pocket money. I hope to get a job soon.
    -How I started collecting: Well, my parents bought an NES in 1987 or 88 (hey, I was a baby! I don't remember). Some of my earliest hazy memories are of playing Super Mario Bros. That was the start of it all. I've played Nintendo for the vast majority of my life, and now I'm looking to broaden my horizons, as I've mentioned.
    I hope once I post some more I won't come off as so humorless.
    Because the Bradys have *integrity*, damn it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hello all...my name is sean. im from central nj and i found these forums by way of the Videogame Connections website. im currently collecting just for NES but i do have games and consoles from Atari 2600 to 3D0 and from NES to Gamecube. my favorite games are the NES Super Marios, Goldeneye, Metroid Prime, various Zeldas, Missle Command, Kaboom and a ton more. in real life i like baseball, music, 80s toys and art(i go to an art college). i started playing videogames in the early 80s on the 2600 and started collecting a little over a year ago when i found my old NES and remembered how fun it was and thought how much fun collecting could be. well thats about it, see ya around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Introduce Yourself!

- Who you are. Devilman aka John
    - Where you live. Near Stoke in England
    - How you found the forums. Bored on a night shift and went wandering round the net
    - What your favorite games are. Too many to name
    - What systems you collect for. Mainly 16 bit era but I collect for over 20 formats
    - What you do in "real life". I'm a Computer Operator. Dull, but there's plenty of time inbetween shifts to go game hunting
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    Interesting facts? Hmm.. I run ConsoleMAD.com which is a site geared to helping collectors find that long lost game. It's still kinda small but one day...

Great Puma (Level 12) captain nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well thats funny i never noticed this forum before....
    my name is Rick Johnson a.k.a. Captain Nintendo
    i live in El Mirage, Arizona ( in Phoenix)
    i found the forums via my good friend Scott Williams a.k.a Tynstar
    well as my name implies i love nintendo games ( the 8 bit are my favorites)
    i am addicted to p.s.o and love the final fantasy series.
    i mostly collect 8 bit nintendo games,systems and accesories.
    but also have alot of ps1 games....i am also working on a genesis collection too.
    My "real life" job is a elementary school plant foreman. my job duties are to make sure the campus is running properly and to maintain the buildings and equipment on my campus to ensure the children have a wonderful place to learn and play.
    i do collect arcade games and actually have been playing roller hockey for more than a decade (organized) i love g 1 transformers and most good 80's
    toys as well....."by the power of greyskull"

well thats me Rick " Captain Nintendo " in a nutshell.... thanks for taking me into the fold

"until all are one" - Optimus Prime
    Link to collection:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are: Jay M. I am 24 years old.

Where you live: Currently in Inami, Japan but I will soon be returning to Chester, NY

How you found the forums: I was bored one day at work and I did a search for videogame collection pics. It led me here.

What your favorite games are: My favorite game series of all time is Metal Gear, but I like too many games to count. Current obsession: Taiko no tatsujin.

What systems you collect for: Right now I have a NES, SNES, SFC, Cube, Atari 2600, GBA, Dreamcast, Wonderswan, and 2 PS2s (Jap and US). I'm looking to buy more systems when I get back to the states including a TG16 and a C64.

What you do in "real life": At the moment I am a member of the JET Programme "teaching" English in Japan, but I have a 1st class ticket to unemployment come next month when my contract runs out.

Any other interesting facts: Well, my goal is not to collect every game ever made. I don't even care about packaging. I have this idea where I want to create the perfect collection where I can sit there and know I am surrounded by gaming greatness. I have been a gamer since I was about 4 with my C64 and now I am ready to step my addiction up into collecting. It kind of sucks, though, since I already had perfect collections and SOLD everything but my PS2 to do things like pay the rent in college. Now I am buying everything back and enjoying every minute of it. I also recently got engaged to a beautiful woman in Japan who is a closet gamer (loves the Mario-san and FF action) and is helping me reclaim my ultimate collection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

- Who you are. GaijinPunch
    - Where you live. Tokyo
    - How you found the forums. Referred by other users - namely Geelw and MaxLords
    - What your favorite games are. Hide-n-go-seek...er... wait a minute...
    - What systems you collect for. My "collecting" days are kind of over (no space... at all...) but I do buy for any system if the game is good.
    - What you do in "real life". Systems Engineer for a small company. Fun, but stressful at times.
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    Interesting facts? Translated for www.dreamcast.net (dead now - not my fault) some years ago. Fun, but was a lot of work. Also have a site at www.classicgaming.com/japangaming which I'm having some difficulties with now... and not getting much help.