Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ThoughtBomb

Long overdue, I know:

My name is Chris, I currently live in Fl. I was practically born with an NES controller in my hand. It started with the old Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt double cart for me and it doesn't look like it's ever going to stop. I'm hooked, what can I say. You'll find me mostly in Off-Topic & in Buying & Selling, which has gone pretty well for me so far. I have a fairly humble collection of PSOne & PS2 games, as well as a few Super Famicom, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, DS, Dreamcast, and Nintendo 64 games. I search for mostly obscure games or games that I never got to play for one reason or another. I also collect videogame related stuff; mostly action figures or soundtracks.
    In the "real" world I'm an assistant manager of a high-end retail store who's name I will not mention for the sake of protecting the guilty...I mean innocent, tee hee hee. I also am persuing a music career which I will not shamelessy plug by telling you to click the following link http://www.myspace.com/embraceaudio and let me know what you think, maybe add me. Nope, not gonna do that! Other than that I'm mostly random and I will do things that will make you scratch your head, but I'm harmless. Like that old hobo that talks to himself on the corner of your block.
    Some of my faves:
    Streets Of Rage 2
    Metal Gear Solid
    Super Mario Bros.3
    Metroid
    Silent Hill
    Resident Evil 2
    MTV Music Generator
    Final Fantasy VI
    Street Fighter Alpha 3
    Super Smash Bros.
    Valis 3
    Gitaroo Man
    Parappa The Rapper
    Amplitude
    Frequency
    I could go on, but it's your turn!
    Last edited by ThoughtBomb; 03-10-2008 at 10:41 PM.
    Oh no! The truck have started to move!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Clownzilla

Hey, my name is Keith and I'm a
    Scorpio from Athens, G-A and i like
    to find the essence from within
    Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Um...hey, I'm Andy and I live in scenic (boring) Northern Virginia.

I'm a big fan of 16-bit gaming, although I'm partial to most anything that came out when I was too young to appreciate it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello folks. First of all I'd like to say that I'm happy to see such a lively retro-gaming focused forum to exist. Believe me, I've seen a plenty of those dead and long forgotten sites. It sure is strange how great sites like this are usually found by accident; I was looking some information about Edgeemu.com and stumbled upon... here. I felt instantly at home and got myself in the bandwagon.

Sooo... I guess I'd better tell you guys something about myself before you think I'm getting totally off topic and get my precious post deleted. I'm a student from Finland, and I just love those old SNES games, predominantly J-RPG's. Hmm, what else... I enjoy music in most of its forms and I play guitar in a band.

Time will tell what this community can offer for me, and more importantly what I can offer to you guys.
    Last edited by splex; 02-29-2008 at 06:45 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Tony Lama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello! My name is Anthony and I am from Chicago, IL USA. I found these forums through Sean Kelly's video game store (VIDEO GAMES ETC.) here in Norridge, IL. My first video game console was a SEARS TELEGAMES system. Although I lost that system in a flood years ago, I was lucky enough to find one recently at a flea market and purchase it. The working systems I own are as follows: Atari 2600/Sears Telegames, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Nintendo Wii, Sega Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, TurboGrafx-16/CD, Xbox, and Xbox 360.

I started seriously collecting games when I was searching for an old Sega Master System and carts. I had originally shunned the system when I was a kid (big NES fan) and now I wanted to play the games my neighbor (big SMS fan) had enjoyed back when we were young. After that I started collecting for all my retro systems (I never traded or sold any of my old stuff!).

My favorite genre is 2D fighters. My all time favorite fighting game is CAPCOM VS SNK 2. I do love RPGs as well but haven't had the time to really sit down with one. My largest collection is probably for my NES, of which I have hundreds (someday I'll count!). I hope to collect the entire US NES library! We shall see.

When I'm not playing video games I am a retail manager at TARGET. I also enjoy weight training and fitness. Avid gym rat here. Who says video gamers can't be well built looking guys? !

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi I'm Drakon. I'm located in Toronto Canada. I've been a hardcore gamer since 1989. I'm 27 years old. I collect my favourite games as a hobby. My collection is more about quality than quantity (although usually I only care about having the carts and systems and not the boxes/manuels)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm John. I'm sick of gaming forums with biased fanboys and people that don't appreciate my sarcastic and off kilter sense of humor. That is to say nobody really wants to take time and think about what it is I'm trying to say.

I'm 26, From Rhode Island, I have an anxiety disorder (that's been diagnosed as like EVERYTHING BUT) and I loveith the Old School. I've been a gamer since before I could walk weaned on an Old Radio shack computer and then a Tandy before I got my first console a Sega Master System then an NES, then I actually bought my first console an SNES which I still have and Use to this day.

I'm a Sega Nut and love everything Sega's done before the Fall (IE the Sammy Merger) I'm also a Fighting game and Shmup nut.

Right now I'm playing,

Nights On PS2
    Rock Band
    Lost Oddessy
    REZ HD
    Trigger Heart
    Omega Five

Insert Coin (Level 0) sarah1980's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Sarah from B.C. Canada,27 years old and I'm not a huge gamer but I am one none the less

I had the old NES system for years until last one where the system finally just died

Right now I've got a PS3 and a Wii (which I lucked out on getting) and plan to get an X-Box

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wonderful. The first time I've missed a welcome thread; I'm used to just posting in the general chat, whatever it may be.

Hiya. Name's Tep, and I've been messing with games and the words "Game Over" since I was about 3. This was very late to gaming, considering I started off with Super Mario Bros 3 in 1996. (!) I'm 14, by the way. Not sure if that makes me "hardcore".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

I am Thomas Bull, I live in the Usa. I am a business manager and I collect 8 bit games. I own alot of atari 8 bit games and Master System suff. I began collecting after i found my old Atari 400 and 8 games.
    Thomas Bull

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello my name is Chris and I live in Brookfield, Wisconsin
    I found the Room of Doom website a long time ago and I checked this part out a few days ago when I was able to get my hands on a copy of Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt for the NES. I know I'm late but I never really considered it.
    My favorite games are the ones that remind me of my childhood (lack there of) So I decided to start and collect and go to almost any place I can in order to start in my mind a baby collection and grow from there.
    I was getting games from only two really and that was a PSOne and PS2 but now I'm trying to get games and systems NES/SNES/Atari/N64/GB/GBC well just about every system before this new modern era.
    I work at a market research company on the weekends (we don't sell you anything, people always ask me that)
    I started a collection when I was growing up of Atari games and comic books (I was only 8 and I had boxes and boxes full of stuff that I could collect) but when my brother sold everything to buy whatever we wanted I lost faith. Not anymore, I'm more determined than ever before to start collecting. If anyone wants to see exactly what I have please check out my collection here:

My Collection

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
    Last edited by madcookie83; 03-12-2008 at 05:57 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who you are
    - Where you live
    - How you found the forums
    - What your favorite games are
    - What systems you collect for
    - What you do in "real life"
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

Hi. My name is Mike "Skipper". I live in Buffalo NY. I got into this collecting thing on the NES long story short I saw my first CIB game and thought "wow it would be cool to own all my favs for every system CIB"! I started collecting NES CIB games and that is what I mainly collect. However I am moving into SNES and Genesis. But right now its NES and SNES. My favorite game of all time is Zelda: A Link to the Past for the SNES. I also like Adventure Island for the NES. I work part time and go to school, I love playing sports and I get to the gym often. I run and love to learn new stuff. Anyway thats me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

I am Frank, I live in the south of Germany. I am working as a product manager in pharmaceutical business and I collect homecomputers and videogames for years (OldBits homepage since 1998).
    I own a lot of obscure retro systems and I especially love original japanese units like X68000, FM-Towns, X1, NEC PC98 ... and the games as well.
    http://www.oldbits.de/collection.htm
    The collection consists of roundabout 600 different systems and "some" games from all over the world.
    And I think this not the end ...
    Frank
    www.OldBits.de
    Oldbits Computermuseum

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is JJ. I live in Denver, CO and run an online video game store and the website VideoGamePriceCharts.com. My favorite consoles are the SNES and N64, but I enjoy pretty much every console or at least some of the games from them.

My favorite game of all time is Metroid Prime. I played it so many times and interesting fact: I got my name in Nintendo Power for one of the fastest speed runs (now it is no good at all, but I was pretty happy).

Insert Coin (Level 0) consolecrusader's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    consolecrusader
    PSN
    consolecrusader

- Who you are
    - Where you live
    - How you found the forums
    - What your favorite games are
    - What systems you collect for
    - What you do in "real life"
    - Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

Name : Roberto aka Bertybert to my friends. 27 years old

I live in Union City, NJ. I found the forums by visiting the website off the card I got at the DP store.

Favorite games of all time would be Xenogears, FFVII, Bubble Bobble, Ghostbusters, Xenosaga III, Call of Duty 4, Metal Gear Solid 2, Wild Arms, and the Persona Series.

I collect for PS3/360/ds/psp/ps2/NES

I am a Senior Systems Analyst in Fairfield NJ for a Pharma Software company.

I have been gaming since the age of 5. My father above of all people (RIP DAD) would feed my habit by taking me to the Toy R US in North Bergen every Saturday and buying me an NES game. I love to watch sports, I love to play baseball/softball, and Bowling. I love online gaming such as World of Warcraft (70 warrior black temple w00 w00t) My girlfriend Cyndi is a gamer just like me so its good to be with someone you can share the same interests in. Shes more of a Katamari Kingdom hearts type of girl.

And thats about it, glad to be here.

Insert Coin (Level 0) COUNT SMRIFNACK's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    COUNT SMRIFNACK

My name is Jason and I live in Texas.

My console collection includes:

Atari 400
    Atari 2600 (2)
    NES (2)
    Sega Genesis
    Turbo Grafx16
    Turbo Grafx CD
    Super NES (2)
    PS2
    XBox360

I collect Splatterhouse games and just recently got into TG stuff, and love it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey gang, I'm Jim from Canada, 35 years old, and I've been "buzzing" since my brother and I got our Atari 2600 back in the early 80s. I graduated to a Commodore 64, then took a bit of a break during the "Dark Ages" leading up to the NES.

I got back into gaming with the TG16, then went HARD at the Genesis for a good number of years. My first foray into the gen after that was the N64 (I'm a sucker for Star Wars, so Shadow of the Empire quickly parted me from the $400 it cost for the system and one game back then!!!!), but I switched to Playstation within a few months. I've been in the PS family ever since, having purchased a PS2 on launch date and a PS3 just a couple of months ago.

My favorite game is Metal Gear Solid - and yes I realize this is not original!!!! I'm also a fan of the Final Fantasy series but cooled my jets on those by humping around on FFXI for hours on end, basically to no avail (I still haven't much more than even started part XII). I think I'll stick to the older ones, thanks very much!

I finally realized a dream - I was able to hook up a TON of old systems in my basement after we moved into our most recent house. Sadly, my Genesis has a few parts that are TU, so it's not working. My hope in joining here is to make a few connections that will help me trade some extra systems and games I've picked up over the years for stuff that I can really enjoy - my Genesis and N64 systems and games to be specific.

I'm hoping to post a very nice Saturn starter kit for sale here shortly, as well as a like-new Dreamcast system with a few games to raise funds for the parts I'm needing to get up and running, and am glad to have found this place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

It's great to see so many fresh new faces popping up around here. Welcome aboard, everyone!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello

Hello I'm new to digitalpress but I've been a member at the pcenginefx.com forum since january. My only love (besides my wife & kids) are the turbo systems. I'm currently starting to collect turbos again. The systems I have right now are:

Turbo Duo
    Turbo Express
    Sony PSP
    Sege Genesis
    Nintendo Wii

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone, my name is Tony and I'm 30 years old and I live in Arizona. I am a huge Playstation fan and collector. I hope to meet a lot of new people on here and talk some gaming.