Page 100 of 164 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Hello all, I'm from Missouri. I found this forum while looking up stuff for Famicom games.

My favorite games run the gambit, I'll play most everything except for RPGs. Even then, there are a few exceptions. (Mario RPGs, EarthBound, Terranigma) I mostly play platformers, shooters, puzzle, and fighting games, though.

I mainly collect NES/Gameboy and Dreamcast, but I am getting into collecting imports and Neo-Geo Pocket Color. I really like collecting obscure systems/games, too.

There are plenty of places around here that sell games, I can name several off that bat that specialize in classic games, so that's sweet.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi!

My real name is Eric (30 years old) and I live in Montreal. (Everyone : Hi Eric!)

It's Ladyjaye that convince me to registered in this forum for practicing my english and then write some good stories about... video game stores in Montreal :-)

I don't have necessarly a favorite game, but I really enjoyed arcade games like : Klax, Neo Turf Master, Windjammers and I collecting many retro compilations on the PS2 like : Midway Arcade Treasures 1-2-3, Capcom Classics 1-2, SNK Arcade Classics 1, Taito Legends 1-2, Activision etc.

Also, i'm very impressed by Okami (the first Action-RPG I completed ever), God Of War 1 and 2.

What I do in real life? Having fun! The real answer is : Return to school for good!

Now i'm registered and let's get practicing!
    Last edited by DeSt-Cyr; 08-26-2008 at 03:19 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I took a look at your site and recommend it to my visitors. I agree with you on the importance of becoming valuable in many different areas. I believe that it sustains any entrepreneur during challenges that inevitably occur.
    ----------
    mathew

Internet Marketing
    email : drivenwide@yahoo.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SingeyDasBomb
    PSN
    Singe

Hey there, new to the forums. I live in Michigan, USA. I found the forums through my older brother known as G-Boobie. My personal favorite game is Half-Life 2, from the wonderful company of Valve. A close second is Bioshock, perhaps Starcraft.

I'm not much of a collector, but I have a decent amount of PC and PS2 games. Considering I prefer PC gaming, the majority are PC games. Considering console gaming has the worst online community I tend to stay the hell away from it.

"Real Life", eh? I'm a junior in high school, I do school stuff :P. I'm a rower on the crew team, which will more than likely claim my soul in the next year or so. As for a job, school takes up more than enough time.
    PSN: Singe125
    Live: SingeyDasBomb

AKA Sheng Long

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all!
    I have mostly Atari Systems The Jag is the biggest part of the collection I do have a 360! I'm Playing H3 at this time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Howdy!

Hi! I'm Delf, I live in Oklahoma City. I'm 32 years of age, and am a Systems administrator. I have been collecting classic video games pretyt much all my life, but I didn't start actively collecting until the late 80s and early 90s. I collect mainly for the Atari 2600, 5200, and 7800 systems, but also pick up games for other systems if I find them at the right price. I currently have over 400+ games for all my systems, and I'm always adding to it. I don't collect Complete in Box (CIB), unless I just happen to stumble across it that or, or if it's something extremely special, where CIB is desireable. I like to PLAY my collection.

Some Gems in my collection include Qbert's Qubes, Demolition herby, and the original Numbered Cubicolor (number 41).

I've been a long time Digital Press Forum Reader, but am now to getting around to filling out my profile so I can post. I am also on Atariage.com, but go by the screen name "phuzzed"...

-Delf

Insert Coin (Level 0) davegt666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sup people im davegt666 or David a am a young retro gamer and bairly got started but hope that my collection gets bigger. I live in CA and love the 16-bit era. happy gaming!

Insert Coin (Level 0) LittleBread88's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Helloooooo nurse!

Hey guys! How're you all doing? My name's Steve, I'm a 20 year old bartender living in London, UK. Stumbled across this place a few weeks back when I was trying to solve a problem with a flickering TV. (A problem that sadly has yet to be rectified).

Coming from a family of gamers, it was only natural that I gained such a passion for it myself. Keeping true to my roots, I've got a relatively small but growing collection of retro consoles: SNES, Mega Drive, Saturn & N64 and of course my trusty gamecube & DS. I've got something of a hoarding personality and I'm always on the look out for games and consoles both old and new.

My life is panned out with gaming milestones: from playing Space Invaders on our family's 2600, through completing Street Fighter II: Turbo on SNES for the first time, to being wowed by Ocarina of Time for the first time, right up to all-night Smash Bros. marathons in the near-present day.

Anyway, that's quite enough rambling for now. See ya on the boards!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi, hows it going, im a 27 year old masters student from glasgow , scotland, i stated off playing games on the bbc computer and can remember playng chuckie egg, frogger, joust etc, then moved on to an atari st, my fav games for that were pirates, barbarian, bubble bobble and smash tv, i eventually got my first console for my 14th birthday in 1994 when i got my first snes with sf2, my favourite type of games are side scrolling beat em ups although, i like pretty much every type of game out there

my top 20 games ever would go like this

20. escape from the planet of the robot monsters
    19.the simpsons arcade game
    18. quake 2
    17. tekken 3
    16. pro evolution soccer
    15. actraiser
    14. toejam and earl - panic on funkatron
    13. super punchout
    12. speedball 2
    11. streets of rage 2
    10. golden axe
    9.rocket knight adventures
    8. pirates
    7. dune 2 - battle for arrakis
    6. zelda 2
    5. undercover cops
    4. chuckie egg
    3. bubble bobble
    2. GTA Vice city
    1. Double Dragon2

im more of a video game player than a collector and have lists of the games i want to play or the systems i own, i plan to purchase about 220 games for the snes , 220 for the megadrive, 30 for the mega cd, 30 for the master syatem, and about 200 for the nes, i may buy other systems in the future once i have completed these games so that could be some time away (i have completed 70 megadrive games and 5 snes games so far)

my collection currently comprises a uk snes with a 50/60 switch so i can play prettey much everygame through it using an adaptor ( i plan to get a US SNES so i can play mario RPG) I currently have about 120 boxed games for it in various states from mint to about 6/10. rare games (for the UK) than i won for it are boxed complete undercover cops, sonic blastman 2, spike mcfang, chron trigger, megaman x- x3

i Also own a megadrive and 70 games and plan to get a nes eventually (i have 12 boxed games for this already

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    KPS67

Bonjour my 80's companions!

I'm a 40 year old teenager, currently sitting at a table with the guts of my ColecoVision beside me. Just checked out my Atari, still works, and Intellivision, likewise, in my new home. Now I'm not gonna profess to be as SERIOUSLY warped as some of you with the million-and-a-half carts lying around some storage facility, but I do have a long and storied history with the video gaming industry, begining with the ever loving PONG.

In my Vault:
    PONG
    ATARI
    INTELLIVISION
    ColecoVision
    Nintendo
    Sega Genesis
    Sega Dreamcast
    XBox
    XBox 360
    PS 2
    PS 1 (Somewhere)
    TI-99

And I'm looking for my old favorites
    Commodore 64, 128, Amiga
    Timex 16K (forget the real name of it, but it was my first programming machine - I made it snow on the screen...)

And I'm waiting for admission to Cyber1.org so I can play on the PLATO system of old! (The internet before the Al Gore invented the internet).

That's about it from me. I'm also a writer (8 screenplays, a collection of horror short stories, and an intermediate reader's time travel book) and a musician (keyboards)

Look forward to hangin' with ya'll! (No, I'm not from the south)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default John D From RWTV

Hey Everyone -

I've been on here before but I decided to start fresh and sign on again. I'm John D from Retroware TV and I figured I'd jump in on occasion and even try to hock some items now and again. I love the TG16/PC Engine, the SNES and of course the NES. Favorite game is "Snatcher" or "Chrono Trigger" (as you may know if you've ever seen my review videos).

Im a collector always looking for anything. I'm more of an avid console collector as I seem to have a ton of them in various forms. I'm always looking for Atari stuff as well as anything PC Engine related. I really need to set some ground rules for collecting because I have no set goals.

Anyhow, hope all is wel with everyone - Keep gaming!

The Source for Classic Game Videos & Reviews

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all!

I've browsing this site for the past year or so, and figured it was about time I joined. I'm 26 and I live in western Canada. My "real life" job is kind of hard to explain, so I'm not even going to bother.

Systems I Own: Genesis, Game Gear,Game Boy Color, Nintendo DS, PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, Sega CD, and a GameCube.

Number of Game I Currently Own: 115

Favorite Game Genres: Platformers and RPGs

Favorite Games: Sonic series, Klonoa series, Tales series of RPGs, Final Fantasy series.

Rarest Games I Own: A complete Japanese copy of Klonoa: Door to Phantomile, Tales of Destiny I & II, Both Lunar games for the Sega CD.

How I Started Collecting: I only got into collecting side of my video game hobby since I started my first full-time job 2 years ago. (Before then, I didn't have the money!) It wasn't really until I got my first PS1 that I really starting buying a lot of games.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to joining in all the fun discussions here!

Later!
    Last edited by SEGA_Queen; 09-11-2008 at 11:01 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone, first of all sorry for any errors in my English, as i'm not a native speaker of the language.

My name is Alexandre and i'm from Portugal (soccer anyone? Figo? Ronaldo?)

I'm 27 years old, and my job is Technical Support for computers (software).

I'm a big Video-game collector (500+ games easly), maybe the biggest in my country (i dont think thats very difficult).

Anyway, my favourite consoles are SNES and N64 (my all time favourites are for this console, like Mario64, Zelda, Banjo..etc), so thats were my collecting is centered. These days i mainly play Xbox360 games, like Bioshock, Oblivion, Gears of War, Mass Effect, etc.. shocking as it may seem, i'm not a big Wii fan..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Talmanec's Intro

Hello everybody.

I'm Talmanec. I have been a regular NAVA attendee for quite some time now.
    I know the staff at Digital Press very well. Some of you may know me for the
    clips on Youtube. I am an old-school gamer (aka retro gamer) but I am quite diverse on my game collection (like my CD collection.) My favorite genres of games are 2D shooters (Xevious, Galaga), action platforms (Klonoa, Sonic) and a few old-school driving games (Out Run, Night Stocker)
    I like a little of just about anything.

My favorite video game systems are NES, Intellivision and Turbografx but of course there have been many gems in recent years including
    "Steambot Chronicles", "Rez", "Rock Band" (Obviously!!!)

Personal stuff:

My favorite kinds of music are...
    Metal (Iron Maiden, Rammstein, Nightwish)
    Techno (Bass 305, KMFDM, Kraftwerk)
    and Smooth Jazz (Mindi Abair, Brian Bromberg, Allan Holdsworth)

My favorite movies are...
    "Tron" "Run Lola Run" "Logan's Run" "Flash Gordon(1980)" "The Matrix"

10 Games I would want if I were stranded on a deserted island...
    Super Mario Bros-1985 (Arcade version 1986)
    Tron (Original Arcade Game)-1981 (released 1982)
    Rock Band-2007
    Dracula X-Rondo of blood-1993 (PC Engine Super CD Version)
    Aero Blasters-1990
    Devil's Crush-1990
    Steambot Cronicles -2006(Released in Japan as "Bumpy Trot"-2004)
    Gate Of Thunder-1992
    Rez-2002
    Bump N Jump-1982(Intellivision version)

Don't you feel like you know me?

Strawberry (Level 2) Arcade_Ness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everybody in tv land!

I'm Geraldo, 26 from Austin, TX. Well in the last few months I've been on a retro kick. I suppose it all started when I discovered this retro game shop up north called, Gameover Videogames. It wasn't a big store but man did it have a lot great stuff. So since then I've been slowly collecting what I can.

I would say I most like action platformers and RPGs. I'm a sucker for a good story. If I could only pick a handful of my favorite games they would be: Earthbound, Mother 3, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Bonanza Bros., Shadow Hearts, Vampire Savior, and Rondo of Blood. The main systems I collect for are PS2, Saturn, Dreamcast, NES/Famicom, SNES, and NGPC recently.

Well when I'm not at work I'm usually watching movies with my brother, playing games of course, watching anime, and listening to plenty of music. I'm sure like the rest of you guys I grew up playing games, as it still is a big part of my life. The funny thing is I got into gaming by wanting to be cool like my brother who was into it at the time, but now he hates playing games.

Well anyways that's me in a nutshell.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb

My name is Yukio. I am from Brazil.

I like classic gaming and 8-bit machines.
    I also like 16/32 bit architectures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

I can't believe I forgot to do this six years ago!

- Who you are
    My name is John. My username comes from a They Might Be Giants song.

- Where you live
    I live in Ulsan, Korea. It's an industrial city of about a million people. They make Hyundai cars here. It's also the biggest shipbuilding facility in the world.

- How you found the forums
    Classic Gamer Magazine had a link to it, I think. This was back in spring/summer of 2001 when the forums were still on ezboard.

- What your favorite games are
    My favorite games are old games The only newer games I really like are odd games like Katamari Damacy and Chulip.

- What systems you collect for
    Since I moved to Korea, none. I only keep what I play and have nostalgic attachment to. My biggest collection is for NES. I have about 30 games for it. I do buy any Korean console games I see, though, just because they're so hard to come by.

- What you do in "real life"
    I teach English as a Second Language to Middle School students.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    My story is typical. I got into retrogaming in an attempt to recapture my childhood memories.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

I could SWEAR I introduced myself... more than once, even! However, there's no target symbol next to the topic title to indicate I've done so, so here I go... again, possibly?

First Name: Mike

Last Name: (Classified; it's quite unique)

Username: Sotenga (made from combining the first syllable of Sony, the second of Nintendo, and the third of Sega)

Residence: Central Pennsylvania

Profession: College student, currently double majoring in English - Professional Writing and Psychology (and about to be employed under the payroll of both departments)

Likes: Video games, music (mostly rock), films (mostly action), animated shows (I count Homestar Runner under this class), martial arts, writing (particularly the creative sort), rodents, lots of food and drink

Dislikes: Bigotry, war (except in video game form), pointless arguments, dishonest politics (which is pretty much 95% of politics in general), newsprint, social gatherings (I'm rather awkward in public)

General game preference: Fast-paced action titles, mostly from the 80's and 90's

Favorite games: Castlevania, Contra, Gradius, Gunstar Heroes, Bionic Commando, Splatterhouse, Axelay, Ninja Gaiden, R-Type, Ghosts 'N Goblins, Metal Gear, Shinobi, Metal Slug, Street Fighter, Samurai Shodown, way too much other crap to list

Favorite bands: Rush, Alice In Chains, Megadeth, Fear Factory, Dream Theater, Type O Negative, God Lives Underwater, Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer, Rammstein, KMFDM, bt, Daft Punk, Beastie Boys, Wu-Tang Clan, a lot of other stuff and always willing to broaden my horizons

Favorite films: Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, Groundhog Day, Pulp Fiction, The Evil Dead, The Usual Suspects, 12 Angry Men, Batman (Burton and Nolan only), Goodfellas, Die Hard, Rocky, lots of stuff featuring Jackie Chan and/or Jet Li, currently gaining an avid taste for Hitchcock's and the Coen Brothers' films

Miscellaneous: I still don't have a driver's license, I've never been outside of the USA (travel isn't really my thing), I've never been in a fight, I had a few short stories published in my friend Rob's book Memoirs of a Virtual Caveman, I have an hour-long college radio show currently in effect on Tuesday night, and this is all probably more than you need to know about me!
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

I forgot to do this when I registered 4 years ago, anyways here I go.

Name: Sean

Location - Abbotsford, BC, Canada

Collecting Since: 1994

Oldest System (since bought/aqquired) - Super Nintendo Entertainment System
    Latest System Aqquired - PlayStation 3

I have been enthralled with videogaming since I got my first system on December 25th, 1994. It was the Super Nintendo Super set that came with Super Mario World and the rebate for Super Mario All-Stars.

I currently Have over 250 games and over 51 systems (5 of which are vintage computers I use as game systems)

2008 as been the best year in video game collecting for me so far as I have aqquired some great stuff for cheap like these -
    - Fully working GBA SP for 4.99
    - Working Super Famicom for 6.99
    - Working Sears Telegames for 15.99

And about other 15 systems. lol
    DERP

Insert Coin (Level 0) I Am Error's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am Error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Icarus Moonsight View Post