Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jennatar
    PSN
    jennatar

Red face Hi!

I'm Jenn, currently of San Francisco and formerly of Chicago. I am 26. I have long been an ardent, unregistered lurker at the DP forums. And earlier this year, as I distinctly remember, these forums had the greatest RetroDuo thread ever, which is to say, the last time I very nearly registered was in April.

I'm not sure how I first found the forums, but my friend ubersaurus (AKA Kevin) semi-persuaded me to finally sign up. I guess right now my main squeezes include import DS games, titles disseminated via digital distribution, and rail shooters. I also play a lot of DOS adventure games -- my current avatar of dubious morality is actually my Yserbius character over at INN Revival. Maybe I will edit an actual 'favorite game' in later.

As for collecting, I buy mostly for SNES and Virtual Boy (and Wii and PS2 and 360), but my real focus is 2600 games, including homebrew. I am also the proud owner of a Gizmondo with a near-complete library of launch titles -- but that doesn't mean that I am a collector, just that I have a collection, I guess.

I began collecting because I had very dim memories of some videogames from my earliest, earliest childhood. They say you can't remember things that far back, and so I'd become really fixated with finding these old 2600 games just to prove to myself that I could remember my mom and dad clearly. Sometime in high school, my best friend surprised me with a heavy-sixer of my own, and tons of cartridges from thrift stores. We made a game of me describing a vague image, then guessing from among the titles on the floor which it was. We made a game of it. I found what I was looking for.

I used to work and podcast with other game journalists at a company. These days, I am a very happy full-time freelancer who ekes by. As a hobby I keep a games-centric blog over here. I also collect vinyl art toys and read comics.
    Last edited by jennatar; 09-24-2008 at 02:05 AM. Reason: didn't answer two questions but then decided to and came back

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im Scott Pratt, I'm 16 and i just stumbled upon this site recently and decided to create an acount. I'm a fairly easy person to get along with, I love anime and video games. Im trying to collect every final fantasy game for what ever system they come out for, but it's har for me to keep track. and im just looking for a good time where ever i go. Well thats it for now. I hope i get to know you all on a more personal note later so don't be shy.
    Last edited by Itachi_the_fallen_god; 09-25-2008 at 03:22 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) newkillergenius's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default :rockets:

Newkillergenius, here to save the day.

Oklahoma collector. Looong time collector. Cheers!

Sup FLACK?!
    My VAPS
    YouTube channel
    OCOC High Scores: Donkey Kong,Bubbles,Juno First,Arm Wrestling,Packrat,1942,Time Pilot.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey all!

I'm Rob, from Chicago, and I collect for all the systems I own.

Which is a lot.

So yeah... I learned about Digital Press on rfgeneration.com, and I have finally signed up here. I may have a 'small' collection, but my goals are large. I want to own, by the end of summer next year, every Sega console/handheld released in the US. Not a bad goal, considering I am over half there!

My profile: http://www.rfgeneration.com/forum/in...profile;u=1263

My collection: http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

Hope to be an active poster!!!

Tschüss, und guten Abend! (I am studying German in HS)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I’ve posted here a couple of times, and even bought a Genesis here, but we’ve never really introduced ourselves, so in a way we are sorta new to this forum.

My wife and I are are in our late 30s.

We both love retro-gaming, and love all of our old systems
    (Atari 2600, TI-99/4A, Tomy Tutor, 3DO, Genesis/Sega CD, Duo-R/PC-Engine, N64, NES, Jaguar, SNES, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS2, and a Gamecube with GBA player)

We play all kinds of games, retro and current,
    and have a ps3, Xbox 360 and also a Wii

We are just getting into homebrew and collecting obscure and old back-up devices, though we are just starting with that. We are just getting into homebrew, and are going to start with the Jaguar.

We play all kinds of games, retro and current,
    Especially obscure stuff and stuff from Japan.
    We play lots of Turn-based and rhythm games, though we also play 3rd person shooters and all kinds of stuff.

I love to make lists, and am working on several over the last year (like all point-n-click games on consoles, my co-op game list, all rhythm games list- There’s loads of existing lists, but none are comprehensive, etc. etc.)

(Right now, I'm getting some rhythm games from Japan through a deputy service, a bunch that I've never seen reviews of - we'll see if we can get past the Japanese!!!
    I’ll have to list the names when I get time)

Anyway, if anyone here is in Humboldt (its on the coast and at the very top of the state, about an hour south of Oregon), drop us a line.....

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default how yeh all doin...

Hello some of you may know me from AA or CTCW or even the dreaded evilbay I use the same user name everywhere brucebidder. I have been collecting since I was a teenager and got heavily into collecting in my early 20's. I am 29 right now. I collect classic gaming stuff for jsut about everything. I fade back and forth between systems over time and when I get tired of one go to another and then back again. I am a completist type of collector like to get stuff with box and manuals. Right now I am focusing on SMS and Lynx stuff mainly. I have a few complete collections:

Odyssey 1
    Odyssey 2
    Fairchild
    RCA Studio 2

I am currently working on completing my lynx and SMS collections I am about 25 games away on my SMS, and well the lynx is debatable I have 81 different games but there are alot of aftermarket stuff I'm working on now so I guess I have about 40 more to go there....

My biggest and most proud collection are of Intellivision and Atari 2600 stuff. I also have a pretty nice Jaguar collection. I am missing Battlesphere, but I do have a voice modem..

I have a few questions about this site. I first signed up a long time ago but did not ativate until recently. But I had a few messages from someone telling me about buddha and that we should be friends, whats that about?

Also I have been told that the longer I am on here that more stuff opens up is that true and I thought there was a buying and selling section am I blind or can't I find it....

Anyway nice to see you all, my name is Bruce and look forward to psoting around here....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi....Rob out here in the Pacific Northwest...Washington State to be exact.

Finally decided to get back into this forum,has been a long time since I checked in last time,a few years back,but I have been lurking about for sometime.I now have a 36x20 ft room solely dedicated to my hobby interest that I had constucted last December.It now houses almost all my videogames,over 5000 games for more than 40 different systems,a small area for my Lionel trains,and a 1970 re-creation of an audio salon/store/shop,complete with audio gear of that time period and current day,hooked up and sounding great.I have many,many videogaming magazines/books/shag...you name it.I have currently set-up all the gaming systems that start in the time period of the Sega SMS all the way to the X-Box.Almost all are functional and ready for play.The earlier systems will be setup by this winter.....I hope.Finding time to play games is always a challenge,and I value my time in the "Manuary"!! I have made almost all of the past CGE events helt in Las Vega,and hope there will be one in 2009.I guess that about explains why I'm here,from a videogaming standpoint...hope to contribute some to this site,and hope to communicate with other of/with similiar interest. Rob
    The Gaming Guy...you know...that guy!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hello
    my name is joey
    and i have been obsessed with video games for most of my life.
    it started with the atari 2600
    and was continued with the commodore 64.
    then it was nes and snes.
    eventually i was taken from the nintendo world
    with the psx.
    by the time i got a ps2 i realized i usually had more fun with older systems
    so thats when my collecting really started.
    i currently own 15 unique consoles
    with multiple versions of most.

and my most current project
    is collecting a full ntsc set of n64 games

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Hey. I'm kupomogli and I live in Florida. I've been lurking here quite awhile and have been told by Ed Oscuro and Bloodreign I should join(about three years ago but I never did.)

Anyways. I own the NES, SNES, GB, GBA, DS, Gamecube, PSX, PS2, PSP, and PS3. Systems I've used to own and sold are the Atari2600, Dreamcast(blasphemy I know, though this one I really ended up giving to my bestfriend,) and XBOX 360. I never have owned an N64 but have owned and still do own Castlevania 64, Nightmare Creatures, Ogre Battle 64, and F Zero . I'd say I have a much larger collection than your average gamer and although I do have quite a bit, I'll end up selling games that aren't really good in my opinion(rare or not.) I'd say I have about 250-350.

Favorite system is the PSX. The reason why I favor this system more than others is because I was a huge RPG fan when it was out. I was already coming off from the SNES with Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, FF4, FF6, Secret of Evermore, Secret of Mana, 7th Saga, etc, etc, etc(also, not on the SNES, but I have to give a nod to my two first RPG games, Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior. Even though I'm no longer a fan of the original Dragon Warrior aside from the music and design, I'm still a big fan of the series overall and I love all the fanservice towards the original the later games do put in) The PSX was a haven for RPGs and a few of those are actually my favorite games.

When it comes to my favorite games, many of them being on the PSX, the one that goes above and beyond all others is Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together. It was originally on the SNES but I won't play a non translated game if it's text heavy. After playing this game it instantly became my favorite and I've yet to play another RPG that I've enjoyed as much. Other favorites(not limited to the PSX) would be Arc the Lad 2, Brigandine, Wild ARMs 3, Super Castlevania 4, Final Fantasy 6, Xenogears, Castlevania, Castlevania Belmont's Revenge, Mega Man 2, Mega Man 3, Breath of Fire 3, Shadow of the Colossus, Mobile Suit Gundam Encounters in Space, and God Hand just to name a few.

I don't have a favorite type of game, but I'm mainly into either RPGs, Action, Action/Sidescrolling, or Action/Adventure. I'm somewhat into fighting games, though not really hardcore into it(however I am better than the average player in them as well.) I suck at FPS games so I'm not much of a fan of them.

Sometimes I might end up importing games. Usually it's something that consists of Gundam in the title or has something to do with Gundam, but I sometimes import other games. Like I posted earlier, I don't play any non translated text heavy games but I'm all for some action games as long as they don't suck(the majority of Gundam titles don't suck either as they're usually pretty solid action games and give quite a bit of replay value.)

So yeah. That's about it. Last thing is I think gaming is dying because pretty much every next gen title I've played other than Stranglehold, GTA4, and Dead Rising sucks. Atleast the PS2 and earlier systems have released a ton of amazing games.

-andrew- -kupomogli-
    Last edited by kupomogli; 10-19-2008 at 03:24 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Letiumtide's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Letiumtide

I don't usually write introductions but I figured as far as a collecting forum goes it might give you an idea of what I have and what I do.

I've been gaming as far as I can remember, a story I'm sure has been told by many, I started with the Atari2600 and moved up from there. Throughout the years I've slowly been building a collection, and about 5-6 years ago I started to take that collecting a little more seriously. I make weekly rounds to all of the Pawnshops in town, as well as working at one myself (a cleaner, nicer buy/sell used goods place though, try not to picture the grimy pawnshop atmosphere). I enjoy the thrill of the hunt so I very rarely purchase from online sources unless it is something I simply must have right now or I happen to come by it at a fair price.

After just completing a recount of all my games (sans my Atari2600 because I haven't taken the time to move them out of where they are to count them) I'm sitting at 454 games. I pride myself on my collection attempting to own only the most interesting of games and the rarest of titles. Although truth be told it's only within the last year that I began looking at rarity as a serious aspect of my collection.

I enjoy gaming and collecting equally and don't plan on stopping any time soon. Although my collection is currently stuffed into a single shelf and a few cases where they are not really showcased, but organized nonetheless, I hope to expand someday into a room/library of books and games. It will indeed be glorious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey everyone. My name is Ross, and I'm from Ohio. I'd heard about this place for years through different collecting sites, but I never really checked it out. Finally the other weekend at CCAG, a few of your members convinced me that I should stop in.

Anyway, I mainly collect for the NES (CIBs only, games and accessories), but I branched off a bit at CCAG and picked up a SNES and a Genesis with a few games for each. I can tell I'm in trouble with how much fun I'm having with SMW.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone, I'm a member of a couple different forums and I was told that this was a pretty good forum to be a part of, so i figured i'd check it out. So, here I am. I'm Uncle Tusk.

I'm strictly and NES collector. I collect CIB games, i'm nearly complete. I have about 90 things left to get, either a box, manual, or cart. Im probably about 5 carts off from complete. SE is one of them. So, it might be a while before I get that one. haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

Im old, White, and grey headed......im a game collector.....

Insert Coin (Level 0) Kid Dracula's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey everyone,
    My name is Andrew and I was born and live in Halifax, Nova Scotia, on the East Coast of Canada. I'm 25 years old and have been playing games since I got my first system, the NES, 20 years ago. I didn't start seriously collecting until about 2 years ago when I found Kid Icarus (a game I had always wanted) for 99 cents at Value Village. That was all the motivation I needed there to know that cheap great games are out there if you look.

I started collecting NES games exclusively for a few months but quickly branched out to SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, PS2 and original Game Boy. I have a few games for Game Cube, Game Boy Advance, Atari, and PS1. When I found out that Contra 4 existed and was on some system called the DS, I immediately looked into it and bought both. Since then I am much more aware of the current seventh generation systems but am unquestionably a retro gamer at heart. My collection is around 700 games across 14 platforms with about half going to the NES, which just went up to 341 yesterday with the addition of puzznic.

I have been a student forever it seems. I graduated with my biology degree from Dalhousie a couple years ago but wasn't doing much. Now I'm back in school trying to get into pharmacy. Hopefully that way I will be able to make enough money to support one of my costly obsessions including collecting games. I also collect old rock and jazz LP's. I like poker and basketball and work at the museum of natural history. Ok I've gone on far too long. Hey all, glad to be on DP.

Andrew

Insert Coin (Level 0) daywalker2k2's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking Hello

I am a bit of a collector..i just collect what i played when i was a little younger..and for some reason i got the urge to start collecting some snes, nes and sega genisis games as well..and i happen to find this site by accident and i really liked it so..i hope i stay here and have some fun..i am a gamer..i play nes..all the way to the newest stuff..ps3 xbox 360 nintendo wii..got them a tad off topic here..but i joined and i had to get my account validated..but before i was able to sign in..but not post anything..but i was able to get into the section were people were selling there stuff...but ever since my account got validated..i cant even see that section?? I have looked for that i and it looks like the thing is hidden..this a bug..or what..i am newb around here..so help me out guys!!!
    Last edited by daywalker2k2; 10-26-2008 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Had to add some extra stuff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    lazyhoboguy

Hi, this looks like a great site.I am 19 and my name is scott. My nick on most forums is lazyhoboguy. It is also my psn. I am currently living and going to college in San Francisco. I was asking someone a good place to find nes games and was referenced here. Some of my favorite games are worms armageddon on pc (awesome online still), civilization 3, and timesplitters future perfect. Im not really sure if I am a collector. I just love video games and buy games and consoles to play them and to enjoy the experience. I currently own a game boy, game boy advance (and gbasp), nes, nintendo 64, gamecube, playstation 2, playstation 3, and had an xbox but it was stolen. In "real life" I am basically just trying to keep up with my classes and find time for video games. I was just a casual gamer to about last year. I have become very into video games and it is my main hobby now. In this last year alone I have bought a gamecube, gbasp, and nes.Most of game collection was also purchased this year. I plan to buy many older consoles in the future as well. If any of you have gamespot accounts here is mine http://www.gamespot.com/users/lazyho...rpanel;profile, you can check out my game collection on there as well
    -
    Last edited by lazyhoboguy; 10-27-2008 at 04:32 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, just made an account here because I frequent a handful of other retro sites. Most people here frequent some of the other sites, so I've sure I've "met" you.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, I just signed up for this website recently because my love for classic games was recently reignited. Over the summer I converted a dead arcade cabinet into a Mame machine, but when I had to go back to school I couldn't take it with me (I also built a PS3-compatible custom arcade stick for new fighting games and portability). About a month ago I discovered the Angry Video Game Nerd, and his videos really overwhelmed me with nostalgia to the point where I had to get out my old systems and pick up some new games. Now, I am obsessed with the oldies again.

My favorite classic system is the SNES, followed by NES and Sega Genesis (which are more or less tied). I'm also an arcade gaming enthusiast, and my favorite genres are action, adventure, and fighting (although my butt gets kicked on a regular basis). My favorite game series is Metroid, followed by Resident Evil, Metal Gear, and the Legend of Zelda. I've also taken an interest recently in the concept of reproduction cartridges, since there are a lot of great games that I never got to play because they are either A) extremely rare, B) were never released in the US, or C) never saw commercial release. I'm not technically proficient (or well funded) enough to make my own, but I can certainly appreciate the people who can and are willing to offer their services to other fans.

These are the systems I own:

NES
    Super Nintendo
    Sega Genesis
    Game Gear
    Nintendo 64
    Gameboy Color
    Sega Dreamcast
    Gameboy Advance
    Gamecube
    Playstation 2
    Playstation 3

I am currently a bit curious about picking up the Sega Master System, Sega CD, and Sega Saturn at some point if I can get them at a good price (it might be a while though, since I have no job and am living on ramen noodles and student loans). They didn't have a lot of good games, but like the Dreamcast there were some solid Gems to be found. Basically, I love a good game, whether it just came out or is 20 years old.

Insert Coin (Level 0) joystickjunki3's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    joystickjunki3

Post Nice to be Here

I'm Tommy. I'm from Ann Arbor, MI but my family is in Jersey right now and I currently go to school in Kentucky. I found this place on accident when I did a search through Google awhile back, but I just signed up a couple days ago.

My favorite games are Gunstar, Pokemon: Blue, Bangai-O, Metroid Fusion, Super Smash Bros., Lightening Force, and the list pretty much continues w/ a whole bunch of Treasure games, shooters, and sidescrollers (run 'n' guns, platformers, etc.).

I collect for almost every system but I keep an eye out for Saturn and Dreamcast games especially. My real interest is in the hardware though because I never really got into collecting games that I didn't want to play. Even the super rare ones, unless I was gonna sell it for more than I'd pay. I love stuff like the Powerglove and the Virtual Boy, but I'm a bit of a connoisseur of arcade sticks.

Other than gaming I like to go offroading, watching dragraces, playing guitar, and a bunch of other cliches.

Feel free to message me or whatever, I look forward to posting and writing reviews here.
    ~joystick

Insert Coin (Level 0) dustylights's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

Hi Hows It Going? Am New Here.
    My Name Is Shawn And Am From Eastern Wash.i Collect Games For About 20+systems.i Have About 2000+games Sofar.
    Not Much Else To Say Except O B S E S I V E!!! Just The Way I Like It.
    So Again Dustylights Say Good Day To All!!