Page 103 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 3269

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Insert Coin (Level 0) AllP0werToSlaves's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First of all I would just like to say I've been searching for a GOOD retro gaming forum for months, and I stumbled upon this one FINALLY last night. I'm very impressed with the layout and the maturity level of the members here, so I decided to join.

I'm only 20 years old, but I grew up in the 90's and had the luxury of playing the SNES and Genesis classics we all know and love; I'm obsessed with 16-bit gaming! My collection isn't very large but I'm getting into collecting more and more carts; an awesome retro gaming store just opened about 20 mins down the road from me and they have everything.

I love games like The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Castlevania; all the classics that made Nintendo so great. At the same time, I play gems like "Toe Jam and Earl Panic On Funkotron" for the Genesis (what I consider THE best Genesis title, and possibly the best platformer ever ), but I hope to learn a lot here! My thirst for all things classic gaming must be quenched, and this looks like the place to do so!

Again, awesome site dudes and thank you for supplying me with such awesome info!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi Guys

Great site guys. Looking for a PS3 for Xmas - whats the consensus?

http://www.findconsolegames.com

<a href="http://www.findconsolegames.com" title="Buy New and Used Video Games" target="_blank">Buy New And Used Video Games here</a>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Riggedy T

Hello everyone, I am NickyT. I have been into classic games since the NES era, and I have recently started a collection of old NES games. This site looks awesome and I am glad to be here!

http://www.nickyt.org - My Web Site

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is DrKwack. I like to play and collect videogames. Have been playing and collecting since 1985. I look forward to being part of this site. Woohoo!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Alric Blighter
    PSN
    Myrkridian

Names Steven, live in Wayne New Jersey. Been gaming since mid to late 80's. Most of my collection consist of PC games but my console collection is quite nice. Been to the store a few times and to a few of those Nava Meetings. Great place, and nice to have a few arcades to play. Was in there earlier but they were shooting that movie "I assume it is" again. So really couldn't play on the arcades "seemed like an A-hole move to do". Will be around and hope to see some games I don't own yet show up in the store.
    When people told themselves their past with stories, explained their present with stories, foretold the future with stories. The best place by the fire, was kept for "The Storyteller".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Helo Byron here

Gaming since the early 80's. My main focus these days is my PC Engine/Turbo Grafx, PSP, and DS. Next year begins my foray into Neo Geo MVS, andFamicom/FDS. Main genres are rpg's, and shumps (though not that great at em) . Slowly rebuilding my Dreamcast, andSaturn collections with a much heavier lean on imports (as well as more inports for all my systems).

Insert Coin (Level 0) Strangedogs's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Name is Pat - Old as dirt - began gaming before we had GRAPHICS (text only). Currently own 3 Atari 5200's - $1000.00's in Carts, Accessories, Joysticks - BIG COLLECTION (even a programmable MultiCart) - have a 7800 - a Dreamcast I love, etc. Will be picking up an XBOX (version 1) right after Xmas. I'm normally on my Mac but do have a PC I use for burning DC "backups"...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hi

My Name is chris and I collect playstation (looking for those demos) and the 32x but dreamcast wouldn"t hurt either

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

It is my first post on that forums and hopefully not the last!

- Who you are
    I'm Youki , 36 year old. I'm the creator of AtomicFe Front End. I love coding , i created this FE , but also games (not yet released) and i decided now to do some archeo-coding , to release a dream i have since i'm young : "Produce my own video game cartridge".

- Where you live
    In France, on the French Riviera somewhere between Monaco and Cannes

- How you found the forums
    I was looking information on Colecovision development, and i found post of newcoleco.

- What your favorite games are
    Human Canon ball on Atari VCS
    Donkey Kong all systems
    Populous (Atari St)
    Metal Slug (Arcade)
    Sega Rally (Arcade)
    Ghost n Goblins (C64)
    The list would be too long in fact...

- What systems you collect for
    All , i own about 200 hundres old computer and console

- What you do in "real life"
    Computer software development.

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.
    I started to collect while the machines was not yet collector, but just "old".
    I have always been facinated by the "portage" of game from one machine to another. I like see the difference and what people does to workaround some plateform limitation. By this fact, i have been interrested of having other machine to see how games looks like. My first machine i got just to "collect" was an Oric Atmos (at this time i had a C64 and a PC XT).

To conclude, my favorites machines are :
    Colecovision, Commodore 64, Atari 800XL, Dreamcast .

Insert Coin (Level 0) MissingNo_1231's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

okay, let's see here, this is my first post, so I guess I'll answer some of the recommended questions:

- Who you are

My full name is Johnny Dorel Bud

- Where you live

I'm from the Atlanta area, in the state of Georgia obviously. Actually, a city just outside of Atlanta called Norcross.

- How you found the forums

I've been trying to find a decent rarity/price guide for all different kinds of games on Google for months now, and I finally found it!

- What your favorite games are

I love older games, but not very old, mainly SNES and N64. Donkey Kong Country is my favorite game ever.

- What systems you collect for

All systems, but mostly for the ones I own, obviously. My favorite to collect for would be SNES, but my largest collection is NES.

- What you do in "real life"

I'll be going to Georgia State University as of 2009

- Any other interesting facts, like how you began collecting, etc.

I got my first system, the SNES, when I was about 5 or 6. Been buying games and such for all my systems ever since, but I don't think I really got into collecting till maybe I was 12 or 13. I bought a used NES, and I discovered you could actually buy the games real cheap at thrift stores.

I guess that's about it for now.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The GreenRanqer

Wink

Hey everyone, I'm DJ True Story
    Aka Adam from California

I actually found these forums because I was thinking if something like this didn't exist, it should, and I'd have to start it. But it would seem someone has already done that... huge load off my back XD

As far as favorite games go... where to begin... Oddly enough the game that got me hooked was a game that was on... practically every system (Though I had it for Super Nintendo) called Out of This World (aka Another World) Before this game I liked video games, The mario bro games rock (I'm a huge fan of 1+2 (even though i guess technically it should have never been a mario game, i don't mind, i actually like it) + 3 + world + world 2 + 64 for that matter... even though I've jumped a bit into the future and probbably stopped making since) the zelda games were cool, Spot, Cool Spot, Alterd Beast, Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3, Bust a Move, megaman soccer, megaman 1-6, Michael Jordon: Chaos in the Windy City (don't you judge me XD), Mario Kart, Biker Mice from Mars, The teenage muntant ninja turtle games for NES, Metal Marines, Super Mario RPG, ... you know what, you can't really get me started on my favorite games without getting a long long list, but what stoped my like of video games and started my love/collecting would have to be Out of This World... it's elegance and beauty mixed with challenging unique gameplay, the entire thing made by virtually one man... it's amazing.. Later games like Ocarina of Time and FFVII (as cliche as that is) made me <3 games for life. *cough*San Francisco Rush: 2049 4 dreamcast + Burnout: Revenge for 360*cough*

As far as systems I collect for, the main ones would have to be Super Nintendo (as my game count is around 200 for it, about 30 boxed, 5 sealed, my rarest SNES game is my copy of Star Fox: Super Weekend). After that is my NES that i have about 100 games for, only about 10 boxed, and a VGA 80 Sealed Final Fantasy, which is probbably the gem of that collection overall (although I'm currently playing through MC Kids, so that one is pretty treasured right now too, in a completely different way) After that would either be my atari or genesis collections (about 50 games each, athough I'd have to say the genesis wins because about 30 of the 50 have boxes/manuals)

As for real life, I'm a full time med student. I'm 21 years old and on my way to become a Psychiatrist MD. I want to work for a hospital, be the Psychiatrist on staff, meet/help people, get a doctors salary but never have to preform a single operation, just talk to people and try to be understanding... But med school is very stressful, and video games have always been my escape. My favorite games are co-op games, I was an only child of a single parent, living in a small ass town, so playing thru video games with someone else has always been kinda a rarity to me. My favorite Co-op games I've played through are Final Fantasy: Crystal Cronicles (with everyone having GBAs and 4 people playing through, that game is amazing) and also Army of Two... loved that game.

That's about it, I'm an open book. There's nobody else like me in my town, nobody else that collects old games or still plays them, I live in a forrest/elderly community small town... so nobody collects video games, although now and again someone will throw out a box of old games for 10 bucks at a yard sale, and I'm the only one buying... but I'm glad there's someone else like me. I always just did it... me and my mom lived in a small house and we didn't have much for money, so when things like the N64 came out, I got really excited, not because I was getting an N64, but because the neighbor kids would be throwing their super nintendo games away for nickles and dimes. I ended up with everyones games, got the money from mowing their parents lawns XD. And in one way or another I've basically been doing the same thing ever since. I currently going through a major change in the way I collect though, I used to just be into carts... but after seeing so many collections online I've discovered I really like the boxes/artwork/posters. So I'm going to step up my game and start to collect boxed games, probbably sell off my unboxed games to make profit to do so. That's it for me, just basically glad to be here
    Last edited by DJTrueStory; 12-26-2008 at 08:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Elysiun
    PSN
    Sabaku_Hoshi
    Steam
    Nionel

Hi guys, I'm Zach from Nebraska.

I've been gaming since I was young, the NES came out when I was 2 though I didn't start playing until about 4 years after that. I've been interested in starting a collection for a while now and I recently found out about Digital Press by watching some of the videos on Retroware TV, so my brother and I both decided to begin collections. Currently we're both collecting classic Game Boy games and I'll also be doing the Neo Geo Pocket, as I'm a huge SNK fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    StomachEarth

Default hi

I'm Mike. I found this site while searching for ways to properly catalog my collection. I'm 28 and from the Boston area, I'm a musician and I spend most of the year on tour. I've been a fan of video games my whole life, but only a true collector the past few years.

I collect for just about any system, but lately I've been focusing on 32x and Saturn. I have a fondness for the PS1/Jaguar/3DO generation of gaming, but my first system was Intellivison and I appreciate all games.

Some of my favorites:
    (in no particular order)
    Diablo 1 & 2
    the Final Fantasy series
    Rygar (NES)
    Aliens Vs. Predator 2 (PC)
    the Castlevania series

...and many more.

I'm here to share and gain knowledge of archaic and current games and systems. Happy to join a forum of like-minded people!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Zen And Tonic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm Sean, a food scientist from California.

I collect and write about old video games, but I have a particular fondness for the bad ones - you know, the video games that are so awful you can't help but laugh at how bad they are.

Some of my favorite games (which are actually good) are:

Final Fantasy Legend I, II and III for the Game Boy

Secret of Mana / Seiken Densetsu 3 for the SNES
    Final Fantasy 6 for the SNES

Final Fantasy Tactics for the PSX

Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones for the GBA

I'm here to find out more about awful retro games so that I can write about them. But I'm also hoping to connect with a group of gamers who can see everything that's great about retrogaming. Cheers!

UPDATED 12/29/08 - LET'S FAIL AT GREAT GREED PT 1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Roehm21

Hello everyone my name is Dan I am Nionel's (Zach's) brother.

I have been gaming since I was about 5-ish and I can blame my bro for getting me into it and ruining my life j/k. I love gaming and I have pretty much done it all my life. I am getting back into collecting along with my bro, I am going to start rounding up all of the classic gameboy games. I am going to keep this short and I look forward to interacting with everyone on here. Ohh and my favorite game is Super Metroid. Its the one game I can remember most from my childhood and and beaten the most times.

Peace,
    Dan

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all, my name is Alex from Ontario.

I started gaming at about age five when I received my NES as a christmas present. From that point on I've been hooked and now that I'm done college it's time to stock up on games went from NES > SNES > N64 > PC and now back to the NES and SNES again.

My favourite games being Star Fox, Super Mario World and Rock 'n Roll Racing.

I found this forum when trying to find reviews of the Retro Duo console. (I have the orginals of course)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all,
    I go by Phyeir for anything that I do online (well, for game playing). I've been collecting for about 4 years now and playing video games basically for longer than I can remember. My first memory is actually of playing Atari 2600 Pac-Man with my father at the age of 3.

So far, I'm at about 22 systems and 930 games and counting. As said earlier, I've only been collecting seriously for about 4 years now. I've loved video games my entire life, but my parents were never big fans of video games (they were in that whole video games are evil group of parents) but they broke down and go me an SNES years ago, which I still have. That was the only system I had until Gamecube (besides portables) and I'm basically playing catch up for all of the things that I've wanted to play for all those years.

As a collector, I'd call my collection a playing collection. What that means to me is that I'm only really interested in games that I'd actually take the time to sit and play. If not, I'm pretty much going to skip over it. I am starting to get into the acquisition of rarer titles, but haven't taken any steps towards that (mortgage, marriage, and student loans will slow the progress down fast).

For this year, I'm looking to make huge gains on 8-32bit generation, with the largest emphasis on SNES. I only have 45 games for the system and even though that includes games like Megaman X-X3, DKC 1-3, Secret of Mana & Evermore and some other highly desired games, there are many MANY more that I don't have and am looking forward to getting ahold of.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi everyone,
    I am Kain and living south of UA =) I collect for PlayStation games and consoles. My favorite games are Crash Bandicoot series, Legend of Mana and Vanguard Bandits. In real life I am a student and studying for lawyer. Collecting the PlayStation games and stuff is my hobby. Also, I am fond of Japanese culture, like anime/manga/traditions and sakura!
    In 1998 I received my first videogame console, PlayStation and from that time I am searching more information about that one and collect my favorite games and stuff, what I interested in.

Insert Coin (Level 0) ironpunch's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Marlucas

I'm Marcos, I'm 16 and I live in Portugal. I found the forums by googling 'collecting videogames', because I wanted to get some tips. My favourite games of all time are the MGS series, the Ratchet & Clank series, the God of War series and Resident Evil 4. Now I collect for PS2 and PS3. In "real life" I'm a student. I didn't really strated collecting, I just have games that I've been buying along the years (close to 100). A couple of months ago I made my first investment on my collection by buying a Master System II and a Mega Drive II (my second one, the other one is broken :S). I plan of starting to buy more things when I start working this Summer.

If you want to chat with me just send me a PM. See you on the forums!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What's Up!? Im Joshua. I live in Florida. My favorite game ever is Metal Gear Solid. The first game I ever played was Super Mario bros. 3 on the nes. I have been sending a lot of time lately on Cod:5 on live. I also love Marvel vs. Capcom 2 but am stilllll not very good at at. lol